Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:31 pm

If this line is such a cash cow that logic dictates there will be another Hasbro Skywarp, then the release of Acid Storm isn't going to prevent that from happening.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4616
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
GuyIncognito wrote:If this line is such a cash cow that logic dictates there will be another Hasbro Skywarp, then the release of Acid Storm isn't going to prevent that from happening.


True, but logic also dictates that characters that have not been done before will sell better. Of course, Optimus Prime and Starscream are exempt.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14465
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:If this line is such a cash cow that logic dictates there will be another Hasbro Skywarp, then the release of Acid Storm isn't going to prevent that from happening.


True, but logic also dictates that characters that have not been done before will sell better.


Of course. That was the point I was trying to make earlier: if Hasbro doesn't make a new MP Skywarp in the near future, it won't be because of Acid Storm; it will be because they don't want to do another MP Skywarp so soon. The relatively minor changes to the mold don't warrant a new production run, especially if the previous version didn't sell very well.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4616
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Sinnertwin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
fenrir72 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Kind of funny it's Hasbro Australia bringing this up, as they have a habit of importing TakaraTomy stock and selling them as-is (with a few extra stickers on the box that is). Per chance that's the case with Soundwave here?

Now Acid Storm is interesting, what could be running through Hasbro's mind? Or maybe it's actually a future TakaraTomy item sharing MP Soundwave's fate.


IIRC, they've only done this with 3 MP figures:
MP02, 04 (both at Target) and very oddly, Ghost Starscream (at TRU)
All other MP's: G1 Starscream, Grimlock, Rodimus w/Offshoot, MP10 and MP11 mold Thundercracker have had the Hasbro/US packaging. And considering TRU is the only mainstream/big-box retailer offering MP's, it's a sure bet that whatever the US will get, so will they.


It's not limited to MP's. DotM Jetwing Optimus Prime was released in Australia a week before his exclusive Japanese release, in TakaraTomy packaging. It's by no means an abandoned practice.


I remember Australia also got a Takara MP Ultra Magnus release too so this may indeed be 50% true. Though the Acid storm color :SICK: makes my eyes bleed #-o :BANG_HEAD:


MP 02 is Ultra Magnus :)

Keeping within the context of the thread, 4 out of the last 5 Australian MP releases have been US packaging. If history's anything to go by, I suspect that they'll adopt The Hasbro release.
If we look at it as a whole, other notable releases in Australia include the DOTM OP & Jetfire pack sold through Kmart's toy sale.
Last edited by Sinnertwin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby VioMeTriX » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
no no, they all start out in takara packaging, then a hasbro release puts their MP's in us package... but every MP starts its first go around in a beautiful black box.
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Kibble » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
GuyIncognito wrote:Of course. That was the point I was trying to make earlier: if Hasbro doesn't make a new MP Skywarp in the near future, it won't be because of Acid Storm; it will be because they don't want to do another MP Skywarp so soon. The relatively minor changes to the mold don't warrant a new production run, especially if the previous version didn't sell very well.


So instead put out one that will sell even less... Guarantee Skywarp would sell better than Acid Storm. And probably even sell well if they put it out before a TT version was released.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3604
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 am

VioMeTriX wrote:no no, they all start out in takara packaging, then a hasbro release puts their MP's in us package... but every MP starts its first go around in a beautiful black box.


Except in Australia where as stated, we got a couple of Takara direct imports with stickers over the recommended age group. But it was all very much the Takara version, including the instructions.
(Might explain why they had to practically give Magnus away in the end)

It's safe to say though that particular little experiment might have been a failure as now we only get the Hasbro version through Toys-R-Jacked-Up.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38210
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:04 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Thanks for the verification Burn. Maybe that little "experiment" by Hasbro or takara(?) should have taught 'em a lesson.........release an Eglish language manual, :lol:

Anyway, Hasbro would be a fool not to release sometime along the road Soundwave. Maybe they'll trim out the fat like the energon cube and the cube connector/adapter and just retain Megs and Laserbeak.

Though if I have any complaint with MP-13, its the lack of paint apps on his knees and knee caps. Wished they could have stamp graph the same patterns of the decals from the original Soundwave figure.."hint, hint Hasbro,,,,,and Reprolabels."
Last edited by fenrir72 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3707
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 pm

fenrir72 wrote:Thanks for the verification Burn. Maybe that little "experiment" by Hasbro or takara(?) should have taught 'em a lesson.........release an Eglish language manual, :lol:


The lesson they (Target specifically) should have learnt is to stop over-pricing their Transformers.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38210
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Burn wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Thanks for the verification Burn. Maybe that little "experiment" by Hasbro or takara(?) should have taught 'em a lesson.........release an Eglish language manual, :lol:


The lesson they (Target specifically) should have learnt is to stop over-pricing their Transformers.


That too :lol: Iirc, they charge a lot in Australia. Heard that even videogames are more expensive in our neck of the woods.
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3707
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Cyberverse Commanders are around $15AU at Big W and K-Mart. Target is over $18AU.

Suffice to say, I don't shop at Target.
I also don't really shop at Big W or K-Mart. I shop at HLJ most of the time these days.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38210
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Bowspearer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Ok, why on Earth is this still listed as rumour and why are people even saying that it has to be a Takara import?

Here's the thing. Griffin has developed enough of a relationship with Hasbro Australia that he's told things - things he's allowed to reveal and things he's not allowed to reveal. If he's being told this and able to pass it on, then I have no reason to doubt its authenticity or that it's information Hasbro is happy having in the public domain. Secondly, the information he was given specified packaging which differed from the standard Takara Masterpiece packaging.

There is no reason to regard this "with a grain of salt" or to even regard it as rumour - any more than a rep saying something at a Botcon panel should be taken as rumour.

However to play devil's advocate, let's presume for one minute that one or both of these were somehow an Australian exclusive. The other thing is that people need to understand how small the number of players in the Australian retail market are. Granted Australia has a population less than a tenth of the US, but you can almost count the number of major players on one hand.

You essentially have:

  • Westfamers - controls Coles (a supermarket chain which does sell small transformers and low ticket toys, but is unlikely to get exclusives), Kmart, Target and Myer (a high end department store)
  • Woolworths - controls Woolworths (a supermarket chain which does sell small transformers and low ticket toys, but is unlikely to get exclusives) and BIGW (a department store similar to Kmart and Target) as well as other unrelated retail chains
  • David Jones
  • Toys'R'Us
  • ToyWorld (one of the 2 original toy chains in Australia - barely survived the arrival of Toys'R'Us and the then Coles-Myer's "World4Kids" megastore
  • Uncle Pete's Toys (the other original toy chain that post TRU and W4K is barely limping along)

In short, with the exception of Uncle Pete's Toys, any of these juggernauts have a large enough market share to carry exclusives.

Furthermore, this is the exclusives history here in Australia to 2006 that comes to mind (feel free to fill in any gaps I miss burn):

  • Australia-wide - Euro G1, G2 Powermasters, Machine Wars
  • Kmart(?)- Beast Wars Airrazor & Razorclaw video 2-packs, Universe 1.0 Ramjet, Cybertron Primus (w/- bonus Unicron head), Alternator Optimus Prime
  • Toyworld- Beast Machines Rattrap and Megatron
  • David Jones - Universe 1.0 Nemesis Prime
  • Target - RiD Dreadwind, RiD Landfill (yellow), RiD Jhiaxus, RiD Storm Jet, Energon Cyclonus & Demolishor (Armada repaints), Universe 1.0 Ruination, Masterpiece Ultra
    Magnus
  • BigW - Energon Ultra Magnus and Energon Rapid Run, Energon Prowl/Checkpoint 2-pack (90% sure this was BigW but could have the retailer wrong), Cybertron Soundwave, Cybertron Dark Crumplezone

Some of these are merely exclusive distribution of regular items whilst others are official store exclusives from O/S. The point of this is that Australian retailers have had a long history of having the pulling power to have exclusive distribution rights to items here.

Furthermore whilst Toy'R'Us are absent from that list, they have since had multiple toy exclusives, including most recently, MP Prime and Thundercracker.

As for Uncle Pete's toys, while they are conspicuously absent from that list, they have exclusively had GIJOE BTR and Sigma 6 figures here iirc and their warehouse is large enough that several cases of Star Wars POTF2 figures appear to have turned up in the past couple of years, which they're now still selling at retail (and will most likely spend the next decade trying to sell).

Heck from what the manager in Toy World Fyshwick (ACT) has told me last year (although there's since been no new information), Toy World even look like they're getting Platinum Omega Supreme and Platinum Optimus Prime as exclusives.

In conclusion there is no rational reason to continue to dismiss this as mere rumour.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby GalvatronusPrime » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Motto: "You are doomed, Autobot. I am infused with the very power and might of The Chaos Bringer himself!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
(Sigh.) If only. If only Masterpiece figures were within my budget. :sad:
GalvatronusPrime
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Burn wrote:Cyberverse Commanders are around $15AU at Big W and K-Mart. Target is over $18AU.

Suffice to say, I don't shop at Target.
I also don't really shop at Big W or K-Mart. I shop at HLJ most of the time these days.


Try shopping at amiami or hobbysearch....20% cheaper if you are lucky(at the item not being sold out that is.
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3707
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Bowspearer wrote:Ok, why on Earth is this still listed as rumour and why are people even saying that it has to be a Takara import?

Here's the thing. Griffin has developed enough of a relationship with Hasbro Australia that he's told things - things he's allowed to reveal and things he's not allowed to reveal. If he's being told this and able to pass it on, then I have no reason to doubt its authenticity or that it's information Hasbro is happy having in the public domain. Secondly, the information he was given specified packaging which differed from the standard Takara Masterpiece packaging.

There is no reason to regard this "with a grain of salt" or to even regard it as rumour - any more than a rep saying something at a Botcon panel should be taken as rumour.

However to play devil's advocate, let's presume for one minute that one or both of these were somehow an Australian exclusive. The other thing is that people need to understand how small the number of players in the Australian retail market are. Granted Australia has a population less than a tenth of the US, but you can almost count the number of major players on one hand.

You essentially have:

  • Westfamers - controls Coles (a supermarket chain which does sell small transformers and low ticket toys, but is unlikely to get exclusives), Kmart, Target and Myer (a high end department store)
  • Woolworths - controls Woolworths (a supermarket chain which does sell small transformers and low ticket toys, but is unlikely to get exclusives) and BIGW (a department store similar to Kmart and Target) as well as other unrelated retail chains
  • David Jones
  • Toys'R'Us
  • ToyWorld (one of the 2 original toy chains in Australia - barely survived the arrival of Toys'R'Us and the then Coles-Myer's "World4Kids" megastore
  • Uncle Pete's Toys (the other original toy chain that post TRU and W4K is barely limping along)

In short, with the exception of Uncle Pete's Toys, any of these juggernauts have a large enough market share to carry exclusives.

Furthermore, this is the exclusives history here in Australia to 2006 that comes to mind (feel free to fill in any gaps I miss burn):

  • Australia-wide - Euro G1, G2 Powermasters, Machine Wars
  • Kmart(?)- Beast Wars Airrazor & Razorclaw video 2-packs, Universe 1.0 Ramjet, Cybertron Primus (w/- bonus Unicron head), Alternator Optimus Prime
  • Toyworld- Beast Machines Rattrap and Megatron
  • David Jones - Universe 1.0 Nemesis Prime
  • Target - RiD Dreadwind, RiD Landfill (yellow), RiD Jhiaxus, RiD Storm Jet, Energon Cyclonus & Demolishor (Armada repaints), Universe 1.0 Ruination, Masterpiece Ultra
    Magnus
  • BigW - Energon Ultra Magnus and Energon Rapid Run, Energon Prowl/Checkpoint 2-pack (90% sure this was BigW but could have the retailer wrong), Cybertron Soundwave, Cybertron Dark Crumplezone

Some of these are merely exclusive distribution of regular items whilst others are official store exclusives from O/S. The point of this is that Australian retailers have had a long history of having the pulling power to have exclusive distribution rights to items here.

Furthermore whilst Toy'R'Us are absent from that list, they have since had multiple toy exclusives, including most recently, MP Prime and Thundercracker.

As for Uncle Pete's toys, while they are conspicuously absent from that list, they have exclusively had GIJOE BTR and Sigma 6 figures here iirc and their warehouse is large enough that several cases of Star Wars POTF2 figures appear to have turned up in the past couple of years, which they're now still selling at retail (and will most likely spend the next decade trying to sell).

Heck from what the manager in Toy World Fyshwick (ACT) has told me last year (although there's since been no new information), Toy World even look like they're getting Platinum Omega Supreme and Platinum Optimus Prime as exclusives.

In conclusion there is no rational reason to continue to dismiss this as mere rumour.


Simple: no direct evidence. We have no store listings, no product images, etc. All we have now is some story, which admittedly, doesn't count so much regardless of who the one is that tells it. We have been fooled by some bogus ones before, so we're taking extreme caution here.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14465
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:14 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Ronald Reagan once said........."Trust but verify" so JZGR has a point.We've gotten Burned more than once (pardon the pun Burn :lol: )
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3707
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Burn wrote:Cyberverse Commanders are around $15AU at Big W and K-Mart. Target is over $18AU.

Suffice to say, I don't shop at Target.
I also don't really shop at Big W or K-Mart. I shop at HLJ most of the time these days.


Your Target is one jacked up a-hole. My local Target is pretty good with prices (the usual $15 US for Deluxes nowadays), it's mainly the local Toys "R" Us that likes to jack up prices ($18 US for Generations Ultra Magnus... -sigh- ).
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5587
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Simple: no direct evidence. We have no store listings, no product images, etc. All we have now is some story, which admittedly, doesn't count so much regardless of who the one is that tells it. We have been fooled by some bogus ones before, so we're taking extreme caution here.


In Griffin's defence, he has a great relationship with Hasbro AU and they're always good for info.

What happens though is the local retailers turn eventually turn around and tell them "No" because they have too much TF stuff still sitting on their shelves.

Well maybe if they didn't keep their prices so high ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38210
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby El Duque » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Simple: no direct evidence. We have no store listings, no product images, etc. All we have now is some story, which admittedly, doesn't count so much regardless of who the one is that tells it. We have been fooled by some bogus ones before, so we're taking extreme caution here.


In Griffin's defence, he has a great relationship with Hasbro AU and they're always good for info.

What happens though is the local retailers turn eventually turn around and tell them "No" because they have too much TF stuff still sitting on their shelves.

Well maybe if they didn't keep their prices so high ...


I have little doubt that these are accurate, but until we have physical proof (in-package images of the figures) or official conformation this will be considered a rumor.
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby VioMeTriX » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
El Duque wrote:
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Simple: no direct evidence. We have no store listings, no product images, etc. All we have now is some story, which admittedly, doesn't count so much regardless of who the one is that tells it. We have been fooled by some bogus ones before, so we're taking extreme caution here.


In Griffin's defence, he has a great relationship with Hasbro AU and they're always good for info.

What happens though is the local retailers turn eventually turn around and tell them "No" because they have too much TF stuff still sitting on their shelves.

Well maybe if they didn't keep their prices so high ...


I have little doubt that these are accurate, but until we have physical proof (in-package images of the figures) or official conformation this will be considered a rumor.



wait wait, dont you know you cant post anything on the internet that isnt true?
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Bowspearer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

VioMeTriX wrote:wait wait, dont you know you cant post anything on the internet that isnt true?


Which in this particular case, honestly comes across as an utterly ignorant strawman. This isn't a case of some unknown posting info. This is a case of someone who has an established relationship with Hasbro Australia and a track record for accurate and legitimate info saying something, after confirming it with the retail chain carrying the items in question.

But then heaven forbid a non-American fan site get a scoop before an American one. There's no way in hell that a news item could ever be legit in that case is there? :roll:

Oh and fyi to the mods, that's how this sort of response, which has been far from unique to here has come across as to several members of the Australian TF fan community.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby VioMeTriX » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
hey i was being silly man, i dont care who gets news first.... as long as it is honest and accurate. i hold our australian members in very high regards, you live where i want to be someday. but i do honestly see what you mean about some of our american fans, and im sorry it is so apparent you feel it.

by the way that comment i got about everything being true on the internet comes from a comercial that currently plays 50 times a day here.
Last edited by VioMeTriX on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby Sinnertwin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Same goes, Vio, you get bad apples in every bunch along with the good wherever you go.
I'm keeping a close eye on this Soundwave situation. I've got a friend who manages a TRU store. As soon as I can get product information (product codes etc) I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby VioMeTriX » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
one of my best friends works for hasbro in retail distribution, and what does that mean for me getting insider info.... diddly squat. he can get me the figures i want without searching, but hes too far down the chain to know anything that is coming in advance.

so my question is, how does one go about becoming an insider?
Image

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
User avatar
VioMeTriX
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Rumor: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave and Acidstorm

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I'd assume working directly for Hasbro or Tomy?
Current collection status

Number of TFs: 350 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP-10 Optimus Prime,Optimus Maximus
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
City Commander
Posts: 3707
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014