Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
well, i gotta give it to hasbro for trying. 10/10 on bruticus for all the limbs being deluxe classes. 5/10 for implementation.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby LEODRAGON72 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.
LEODRAGON72
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:50 am
Buy from LEODRAGON72 on eBay

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
LEODRAGON72 wrote:Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.


Something.


Also, I believe it's because the WfC figure is already awesome as it is.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6741
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby craggy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Va'al wrote:
LEODRAGON72 wrote:Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.


Something.


Also, I believe it's because the WfC figure is already awesome as it is.

didn't stop them making Fatty Prime.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4694
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Krok » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Why.. does Soundwave/Soundblaster have G1 Primes Rifle ?
I thought it was some sort of strange placeholder but it keeps showing up.
Krok

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby That Bot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
craggy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
LEODRAGON72 wrote:Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.


Something.


Also, I believe it's because the WfC figure is already awesome as it is.

didn't stop them making Fatty Prime.

Prime got an upgrade i the game. Megatron is in the same body as WFC. No need for a new toy.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1040
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

That Bot wrote:
craggy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
LEODRAGON72 wrote:Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.


Something.


Also, I believe it's because the WfC figure is already awesome as it is.

didn't stop them making Fatty Prime.

Prime got an upgrade i the game. Megatron is in the same body as WFC. No need for a new toy.
Nah, he has a new body too.
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby That Bot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1040
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
That Bot wrote:
craggy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
LEODRAGON72 wrote:Where is Megatron?!!! Why is there NO MEGATRON?!!!! Somebody tell me something.


Something.


Also, I believe it's because the WfC figure is already awesome as it is.

didn't stop them making Fatty Prime.

Prime got an upgrade i the game. Megatron is in the same body as WFC. No need for a new toy.


I agree with the comments before me, Megatron does get an upgrade.
But I also insist that the mold is absolutely perfect, in my opinion.

As for fatty Prime: It's Optimus Prime. I'm surprised there's no remold/retool of BB.


I just looked at the gallery again, and the sticker on the Combaticons' package made me chuckle:

Image

BUILD GIANT ROBOT! That brings back a good wave of memories. :D
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6741
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:16 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
First things first. Sideswipe looks a lot better then Jazz, and it looks like his head is a lot bigger and sits higher up then Jazz' noggin'. Can anyone confirm or comment on that (Seibs, lookin' at you here kid)

I like the look of all of them. I'm not sold that "air raid" is really named "air raid". For all we know "Kickback" is still named "Insecticon" I would love it if he isn't but you know.

Sideswipe, like I said look better then Jazz and I think most agree. Don't like the gun, but that could be a combination of display/prototype/picture.

Magnus looks great, but I'm kinda surprised they don't have him packin' a white gun, a hammer that Hasbro clearly wants him to have, and shoulder rockets. Whatever, Dr. Wu will have something for that i'm sure.

Everyone doesn't like how the Combaticons are put together, but you gotta remember what they show are weak testshots and prototypes. Why do you think SS & UM look so rich and bold compared to say Jazz and Prime? It's because they are the hand painted test shots they use for official photos and often times they look like the have some sort of palsy because of the test shots weak plastics. Times that by 5 for Bruticus (mind you lets face it, that combination kinda sucks and don't look anything like the game model.

It's kinda funny that fans wanted a deluxe combiner forever and when we get one it's not up to snuff and on top of that we now have 4 different versions (so far) of the molds.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Seibertron wrote:Tomorrow is the BIG Hasbro panel. Expect more fun tomorrow. This was just the stuff that was out for preview night. Think of tomorrow like the typical Saturday of BotCon for news.


What time does that start?
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby That Bot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Down_Shift wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Tomorrow is the BIG Hasbro panel. Expect more fun tomorrow. This was just the stuff that was out for preview night. Think of tomorrow like the typical Saturday of BotCon for news.


What time does that start?

It was yesterday at 12:30 Pacific Time.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1040
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Sigh. Hope is fading for a new completed Dinobot team in toy form. :-(
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I just thought of something, possibly others have had the same idea too:

I think we need (brace yourselves, I'm going to say it) another Bumblebee.
You know, something Scout/Cyberverse Commander size, to scale nicely with WfC OP and consequently FoC Grimlock.

Because WfC BB is too big.

Yes? No? Heresy?
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6741
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Va'al wrote:I just thought of something, possibly others have had the same idea too:

I think we need (brace yourselves, I'm going to say it) another Bumblebee.
You know, something Scout/Cyberverse Commander size, to scale nicely with WfC OP and consequently FoC Grimlock.

Because WfC BB is too big.

Yes? No? Heresy?
You're right. But we also need a FoC Megatron, Perceptor, Cliffjumper, and the rest of the Dinobots & Insecticons. Also, a Skywarp and Thundercracker would be good.
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
orangeitis wrote:
Va'al wrote:I just thought of something, possibly others have had the same idea too:

I think we need (brace yourselves, I'm going to say it) another Bumblebee.
You know, something Scout/Cyberverse Commander size, to scale nicely with WfC OP and consequently FoC Grimlock.

Because WfC BB is too big.

Yes? No? Heresy?
You're right. But we also need a FoC Megatron, Perceptor, Cliffjumper, and the rest of the Dinobots & Insecticons. Also, a Skywarp and Thundercracker would be good.


Don't forget Arcee! Fembots need lovin' too ;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14632
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby craggy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

a WFC styled Arcee would be all I'd need for that character. Assuming it'd be a good toy, and not...Airachnid 2.0 or something.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4694
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
orangeitis wrote:
Va'al wrote:I just thought of something, possibly others have had the same idea too:

I think we need (brace yourselves, I'm going to say it) another Bumblebee.
You know, something Scout/Cyberverse Commander size, to scale nicely with WfC OP and consequently FoC Grimlock.

Because WfC BB is too big.

Yes? No? Heresy?
You're right. But we also need a FoC Megatron, Perceptor, Cliffjumper, and the rest of the Dinobots & Insecticons. Also, a Skywarp and Thundercracker would be good.


See, personally, I like my WfC Megatron, don't really care for CJ that much, nor the Insecticons (I know, this is outrageous). The rest of the Dinobots yes, possibly, but again, not overly fussed.

Now Perceptor would be nice..

As for the Seekers, I'm sure it won't take long for Hasbro to start the repaints of this new repaint line. (Unless it's Asia exclusive repaints. Which will then appear in the rest of the world once the line is over.)
They have 40 figures to fill in, and so far a good percentage is repaints/remolds/retools.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6741
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Don't forget Arcee! Fembots need lovin' too ;)
Another good idea, though to my knowledge no indication she's in FoC yet. Only listed Thundercracker & Skywarp cause they're straght repaints of 'Scream.
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Don't forget Arcee! Fembots need lovin' too ;)
Another good idea, though to my knowledge no indication she's in FoC yet.
She's not. They said no fembots are in FOC. :POWERPUFF:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17082
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Don't forget Arcee! Fembots need lovin' too ;)
Another good idea, though to my knowledge no indication she's in FoC yet.
She's not. They said no fembots are in FOC. :POWERPUFF:
They said no fembots in FoC multiplayer customization yet. I don't think they said anything about Escalation/DLCs.
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
That Bot wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Tomorrow is the BIG Hasbro panel. Expect more fun tomorrow. This was just the stuff that was out for preview night. Think of tomorrow like the typical Saturday of BotCon for news.


What time does that start?

It was yesterday at 12:30 Pacific Time.


Well that's balls. Time stamp on my end shows he posted that on Thursday so I was eagerly waiting to see more today. Like the rest of the insecticons, dinobots, and Ironhide/Ratchet.

****, now we have to wait until wonderfest. Ha ha ha.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
orangeitis wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Don't forget Arcee! Fembots need lovin' too ;)
Another good idea, though to my knowledge no indication she's in FoC yet.
She's not. They said no fembots are in FOC. :POWERPUFF:
They said no fembots in FoC multiplayer customization yet. I don't think they said anything about Escalation/DLCs.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-gameinformer-special-edition-podcast/23136/
Q2: Which TFs did not make it into the game, and where would they want the series to head next?
A2: Arcee. Being a female character, her animation skeleton would have required twice as much animation, which was too much for their system.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17082
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby orangeitis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Q2: Which TFs did not make it into the game, and where would they want the series to head next?
A2: Arcee. Being a female character, her animation skeleton would have required twice as much animation, which was too much for their system.
Ah, that clears things up. Thanks.

But just what exactly makes females have twice as much animation? That don't make much sense.
orangeitis

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Gallery

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
orangeitis wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Q2: Which TFs did not make it into the game, and where would they want the series to head next?
A2: Arcee. Being a female character, her animation skeleton would have required twice as much animation, which was too much for their system.
Ah, that clears things up. Thanks.

But just what exactly makes females have twice as much animation? That don't make much sense.
Maybe slender (feminine) designs are more complex than blockier (masculine) designs.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17082
News Credits: 109
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014