Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:32 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
gen1autobot wrote:Mine came in today and I am quite impressed. Beware, that shipping box was huge!!!!


Congrats!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 22893
News Credits: 682
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
xyl360 wrote:I agree 100%. I'm totally willing to pay more than retail for something, I'm not looking to screw ebay sellers when they either have a spare to sell or they're just getting rid of something from their collection. It's when they are buying up supply of something that's a bit hard to come by via normal means and marking it up to insane prices with the other sellers either following suit, or the few that don't (and it's always just a few) selling out immediately because they're the best game in town.

I realize that I, as the buyer, have the option of not purchasing, but you guys all know how obsessive collecting can be. It's the reason most of us are here on this very site, and the fact of the matter is, these sellers know who they're selling to and how to take full advantage of the situation (and I do mean TAKE). I realize they're not selling for fun, the point is for them as sellers to turn a profit, but they gotta be really cold to do that to people, knowing the only reason they could charge what they did is because either everyone else is, or because everyone else will eventually run out and they'll be the only one with any left (along with any other sellers who will then follow their inflated pricepoint).

There's nothing illegal about it, but it sure is a dick move.


The issue with your argument is that you're saying that a little bit is OK, but a lot of profit is not. It's relative and all about each person's own perception, as well as their financial situation and how badly they want an item. Market conditions dictating a price means that sometimes you'll be happy with the prices and other times you won't. It's just a roll of the dice. The equation is very simple: Supply + demand = price

Just a little food for thought to put SDCC Metroplex in perspective ...

eBay market price: $250.00 with "free" shipping
eBay Fees (approximately 10%): $25.00
Paypal Fees (approximately 2.5%): $6.25
Shipping Costs: ~$30.00
Cost of Bubble Wrap: ~$2.00 to $4.00 (10 cents per square foot)
Cost of item at SDCC: $162.00 (includes base price plus 8% sales tax for San Diego)

eBay seller made approximately $22.75 to $26.75 (depending on what seller used for packaging, might be able to squeeze out $3 to $6 more dollars depending on shipping service used, weight of the cardboard, etc. If the seller had to ship the item to their home location from SDCC, that cost of shipping has to be factored in as well.

I'd definitely put SDCC Metroplexes that sell for $250 with free shipping in your first paragraph of not making a lot of profit and doing fans a service that couldn't get to SDCC.

After you factor in time to wait in line and the hassle of carrying 1 Metroplex around, not to mention those that I saw who somehow figured out how to get multiples, I'd say that $25 to $30 per SDCC Metroplex is simply not worth dealing with. As tempting as it sounds, SDCC Metroplex was the wrong item for sellers to try and make money by flipping on eBay because of eBay's fees. Resellers that have stores or are actual dealers at a convention will make almost double the eBay sellers if they sell it for the same price.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 22893
News Credits: 682
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Finally got my shipping notice from HTS!!!
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image]
User avatar
mooncake623
Godmaster
Posts: 1680
News Credits: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby gen1autobot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 am

As if Metroplex needed a bigger gun.
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
gen1autobot
Mini-Con
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby ScottyP » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
mooncake623 wrote:Finally got my shipping notice from HTS!!!


Me too, at long last! I was getting worried. Now to wait another 6 days [-(
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Grandus Radar Dishes, Micromaster Spinner, and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 923
News Credits: 21
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 am

Holy jeez, finally got into the office today to pick-up my SDCC Metroplex; mine arrived Friday after hours. The packing box this guy comes in is freaking huge. Its dimensions are 28"x24"x20". No surprise why it costs $20 to ship.

Unfortunately, the added width of the box and lack of adequate packing material means mine Metroplex box moved up and down during shipping and arrived somewhat damaged. Additionally, the round tabs at the top keeping things together had separated from the package so it basic already open. I haven't checked the figure yet but it should be ok-doesn't look like any damage occurred to the inner plastic tray.

I'm assuming others who have received him have similar stories.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Bowspearer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:02 am

And yet the example you picked is far more the exception that the rule Ryan. Standard prices online are $330+ shipping. That's a markup of over 100% on it. It's definitely in the scalping price range and one of the things ruining this hobby.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Got my Metroplex over the weekend and stickered him up last night. Took me 4 hours! (I'm just really slow) but damn this thing is amazing!!! completely worth it to sticker him up. But that is one beautiful sticker sheet though.
Looking for:
FP Insecticons
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image]
User avatar
mooncake623
Godmaster
Posts: 1680
News Credits: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby MagnetarPrime » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
Unfortunately for me I will be only getting one Metroplex takara and one Metroplex Hasbro.... I just can't not deal with 3. But I really like the box :) :BOWDOWN:
Image
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm
Location: Moon Base 1 / Florida, USA
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby MagnetarPrime » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
Unfortunately for me I will only get one Metroplex Takara and one Metroplex Hasbro,, just can't deal with 3.... but I really like the box. :BOWDOWN:
Image
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm
Location: Moon Base 1 / Florida, USA
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed

Postby Metrosuplex » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Good lord there were a lot of replies! I just moseyed back to see what happened to the discussion, and I can't help but chime in with some additional debate. Apologies in advance to Seibertron, as I'm focusing on his statements specifically. I do not mean to insult or anger anyone in the following statements and hope you take my opinions as mere opinions (strong as they may be). I sincerely feel that my voice in this community (and especially this discussion) is not properly represented, and out of the expectation that one or two of you may agree with what I say, I present some disagreement below: :P

Seibertron wrote:It's a Comic-Con exclusive. Any leftovers would be sold at HasbroToyShop.com.

If not for the F*CKING SCALPERS, "any leftovers" would last more than 10 minutes on HTS.com. FYI! ;)

Seibertron wrote:Blaming so called "scalpers" is the easy route. Figuring out how to beat the system is the real challenge.

Sometimes when you really want a figure that you know in advance will be hard to get, you have to tell yourself that you will have to pay more than the original selling price. The $150 plus tax price was for people who got it at the show, or for the few lucky ones that were able to get it on HasbroToyShop.com. Thinking that you can get it for that price on such a high demand convention only exclusive is nothing but wishful thinking. It's being unrealistic about the situation and just leads to anger and frustration over something that is, at the end of the day, just a toy.

Just a little food for thought, including tax it was $162. Shipping is around $30+ on an item like this with FedEx or UPS but only if you have a box and tape. If you have FedEx or UPS package the item for you (which is what usually happens at a show like this), they charge an additional $15 to $20 for packaging and handling fees. Metroplex is really a $200+ toy if you purchased it at SDCC and had to ship it back to where you live.

:APPLAUSE: Huzzah! That was an impressive defense of scalping (which you admittedly participate in). You present the situation as irrelevant to discussion; I disagree (see my above point, in the previous quote).
Look, you're wrong to just say that it's okay to accept scalping. It's like telling a 9 year old boy that he can't have his Prime Smokescreen because he didn't jump through the hoops a proper scalper did. F*ck me, that's cold, Seibertron! :sad: Think of the poor children. Do you really assume that Meroplex is "adults-only", like some sort of Porn DVD? This is why I submit that scalping is inherently wrong - you aren't stealing from me, per se, but from a poorer (financially) child who may not have the kind of parental sway you did as a kid. Maybe his dad CAN pay triple for Metroplex (like your dad?), but why put the kid (or his family) through that? Because you jumped through more hoops and it's your Manifest Destiny? Well, God bless that racist, self-entitled America, but I still think it's a good idea to aim for higher ideals and virtue.
Remember how it's better to give than to receive? A scalper believes it's best to receive large quantities of cash and then give. I don't care what excuses you concoct, as they're just that: excuses. And if this issue was clearly NOT a violation of your own sense of ethics, you wouldn't have felt so inclined to defend what you did, would you? :-?

(Oh, and don't assume you HAD to ship this Metro-guy to your home like that - most of us would probably shove him in our luggage, even trashing the necessary clothes).
Seibertron wrote:Collecting toys and other unessential commodities would be considered elitist by many people throughout the world. These are most definitely first world problems. Not being able to get SDCC Metroplex is not the end of the world. Prices will drop once the item is released at the upcoming Asian convention where it will be sold as well. I'm sure this won't be the last time we see this variant sold somewhere.

Maz (over at TFSource, blogger of one of your sponsors) said it's the worst argument to say things like that: "they're just toys". If they were "just toys", as he said, then why would you be on a forum discussing it? Why would you be going to conventions and meeting people over "just toys".
"First world problem" is another silly thing to say on SEIBERTRON.COM, which in no way (to my knowledge) ever focuses on world hunger, flooding, etc. Don't attempt to climb a virtue pulpit and declare that Transformers don't matter because 3rd World problems exist... elsewhere. This is an entire philosophical debate that isn't as simple as what you say (for example, try moving a 3rd World inhabitant to the 1st World and say he won't have 1st World problems like being late for work).
I just want to express that these "defenses" are poor and desperate, and I just know you have better things to say than that. Seriously, I have more respect for you than "1st World problems" and "just toys". Please don't stoop to that level! :sad:
And again, you make a lot of positive assumptions about future distributions of exclusives. The American exclusive of Metro was supposed to be affordable to AT LEAST Americans. Sure, we can import the hell out of Metroplex and even "catch em all" (as Asian Metro is part of Thrilling 30), but the entire point of this argument is limited budget, and sadly, SDCC Metro should have been available AND affordable to us little people, but scalpers have soundly kibosh-ed that (along with Hasbro's flippant attitude to fulfilling collector demand).
Seibertron wrote:Yes, they are tax write offs for me. However, it's still an expense and still costs money, especially on the scale with which I purchase Transformers toys.

With all due respect, and this is not a personal attack, but... " " <--- World's smallest violin playing for you.
Actually, I'm surprised you would voice such a "First World problem" when there are people starving in the 3rd World! :roll: Nevertheless, I hope you do take time to appreciate being able to flip your hobby into a tax-writable business model (it's something MANY collectors would love to do - pay less taxes for buying something they were going to buy anyway).

Seibertron wrote:There was nothing elitist or pig headed about my attitude. I was addressing the other side of the coin and playing devil's advocate. I see a lot of people attacking and saying unpleasant things about people who attend events like BotCon and SDCC that try to make some money by flipping products to offset costs. There's more to the picture than you guys are debating. All I'm asking is that those of you who are really upset that you can't get your hands on SDCC Metroplex yet, just try to take a moment to understand the other side.

Ultimately, the real issue is supply and demand, but then again, isn't that part of the fun of all of this? If there was too much supply, the brand would die off and that'd be the end of all of this. Having just enough supply, or just under, to meet the demand, is what keeps all of this interesting.

I sincerely appreciate your opinion, even if it differs, as you have every right to express it. But you don't have to be so matter-of-fact about your OPINION. People who attend elitist conventions do not have a god-given right to profiteer when the products could be sold by the original party directly to those people who WANT THE PRODUCT, and aren't in it for the quick dollar profit!
Why can't you scalpers just legitimately order a crate of TF product from Hasbro? Why do you feel the need to buy out from under legitimate TF collectors? Why do you need to buy something for less than me, only to turn around and say, "hey, if you REALLY want it, I'll sell it to you for double, no, TRIPLE! Fair?"
Doesn't this whole thing bother your conscience a little? :-?

Also, I disagree on your point about low supply = more fun. It's FUN to buy a clearance item in low supply. This is buying a full-retail-price item at a b*tch of a hunt. That's not "fun". And I can prove it to you: if you chased down Metroplex for 3 years, and then had to pay, say, 10 times what you did? Would that be "fun"? Or would it be more fun to buy him in 3 years for CLOSE to the original price?
The way you put it (supply low is awesome) makes it sound like you enjoy paying more for items. And if you don't, because you can be available to buy things on day 1, then you have more free time for this "just a toy" hobby than most of us do. It's not unreasonable, I argue, to expect someone to be busy at work when SDCC is going on. Or to be in a meeting when the 10 minute window to buy Metro on HTS.com opened. Or maybe some of us have screaming babies that need a diaper change? F*ck the babies, then? Cause if we really want Metroplex, we're ignoring the babies in our lives, the bosses down our throats, and the displeased wives? You assume a lot if you think that "optaining = caring to own exclusive."
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

So you dug up a thread that died two months ago just to troll it some more? Are you familiar with the expressions "beating a dead horse" and "enough is enough"?

:BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4402
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

)

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
GuyIncognito wrote:So you dug up a thread that died two months ago just to troll it some more? Are you familiar with the expressions "beating a dead horse" and "enough is enough"?
Hfapex¡€!¡¡d
:BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:

So who is forcing you to read this reply, troll? You've been specifically trolling ME in every thread I write something not to your liking. If you bothered reading what I wrote, you might understand why I wrote it.

But apologies, your highness, for not being more timely in the response. I'll go ahead and quit my job so I can reply as fast as you, your worshipfulness.

Do you even know what a troll is, troglodyte? ;-)
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

)

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Double post!

But let me take a moment to be more civil to GuyIncognito:
The way you keep accusing me of being a troll is hurtful and instigative.
Are you trying to get me to leave this site? Maybe you just want to ruin my day? Is this your way of grandstanding and making others feel inferior?
I guess I just don't understand your tone or intention. Surely you're not trying to antagonize me for the sake of antagonizing me? Your responses are always short and pushy. Like "don't be a douche." And that's it. I hate to use the word "simple", but you must know how easy it is to misinterpret your simple speech.
So let me be the first to apologize over any miscommunication between us. I think your replies are just unintelligible to me, and as such, if you don't want to take the time to be more clear, my reply will be a wasted effort to understand your random insults.
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: )

Postby JackStraw » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Metrosuplex wrote:Double post!

But let me take a moment to be more civil to GuyIncognito:
The way you keep accusing me of being a troll is hurtful and instigative.
Are you trying to get me to leave this site? Maybe you just want to ruin my day? Is this your way of grandstanding and making others feel inferior?
I guess I just don't understand your tone or intention. Surely you're not trying to antagonize me for the sake of antagonizing me? Your responses are always short and pushy. Like "don't be a douche." And that's it. I hate to use the word "simple", but you must know how easy it is to misinterpret your simple speech.
So let me be the first to apologize over any miscommunication between us. I think your replies are just unintelligible to me, and as such, if you don't want to take the time to be more clear, my reply will be a wasted effort to understand your random insults.


Instigative is the word!!!!! Tone is rude and before I realized the pattern, i would get sucked in from time to time, still do (like now). My purpose for writing this is to support Metrosuplex here as he is echoing my sentiments.

I for one, (and I assume there are many others who just don't say so as they don't want to argue online or be perceived as insulting to the owner of this site who we all appreciate, respect and generally like) agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY with much of what you have written above. You've made some very good points about scalping and people's justification of it.
User avatar
JackStraw
Fuzor
Posts: 252
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm sure Ryan will respond to what's been directed at him in time, but that's between him and Metrosuplex, no need for anyone else to get involved.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37703
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: )

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
JackStraw wrote:Instigative is the word!!!!! Tone is rude and before I realized the pattern, i would get sucked in from time to time, still do (like now). My purpose for writing this is to support Metrosuplex here as he is echoing my sentiments.

I for one, (and I assume there are many others who just don't say so as they don't want to argue online or be perceived as insulting to the owner of this site who we all appreciate, respect and generally like) agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY with much of what you have written above. You've made some very good points about scalping and people's justification of it.


Thank you for taking the time to support me! :BOWDOWN: I think a lot more people think like us, but only the guys in Seibertron's camp (i.e. the main 4-5 site admins/visitors) actually respond in these threads. I think a lot more people just lurk and agree silently, which is too bad.

My entire point is to not pick a fight with the site owner, but to actually debate the things he said. It's the very definition of the word "FORUM"! The fact that so few of us are even talking about this is like saying that Seibertron is completely correct and everyone agrees with him. Me? I'd just like to set the record straight and put it to a vote. By no means to higher votes equal correctness, but the worst thing in the world is to get bullied OUT of your opinion because 4-5 site admins rush to the defense of someone who is NOT being attacked!

Thanks again, bro! You're my hero! :x

Burn wrote:I'm sure Ryan will respond to what's been directed at him in time, but that's between him and Metrosuplex, no need for anyone else to get involved.

Very wise and respectful, Burn, and I appreciate the sentiments. But in reality, I'm not meaning to turn this into a back and forth between only 2 of us. If you have something to add, please do - even if you disagree with me, I'm sure whatever you say will add some clarity and insight to this debate.

I hate reading crap like, "we're not opening up the 3rd Party issue again" or "there's another thread for that." It's like saying that debate isn't necessary on this site, and that would be tragic: a forum with a bunch of people agreeing with each other for the sake of peace/tranquility is basically a fraternity of closed-minded people who hate any free speech they don't agree with! :BANG_HEAD:

But thanks for chiming in and not just lurking quietly! :grin: If anything, I'm happy to provide some debate if it benefits Ryan with some extra page hits. I really don't see much debate on here at all, and whenever a disagreement arises that lasts more than a couple of posts, it's inevitable that someone like GUYINCOGNITO comes over to shut it down (like he owns the place). I'm not sure Seibertron would appreciate his cavalier "troll" insults, as it's really rather hurtful to new members like me. Every time that guy calls me a troll (and he seems to do this whenever he doesn't like what someone is saying), he makes me want to leave the site entirely. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:57 pm

If I had something to add, I would. But I don't, I'm only here because the presence of a Moderator was requested.

Oh and yes, GUYINCOGNITO was out of line when he called you a troll, but discussing him like he isn't here is practically flame baiting.

Try not to drag the topic too far off topic now people.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37703
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby Metrosuplex » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Burn wrote:If I had something to add, I would. But I don't, I'm only here because the presence of a Moderator was requested.

Oh and yes, GUYINCOGNITO was out of line when he called you a troll, but discussing him like he isn't here is practically flame baiting.

Try not to drag the topic too far off topic now people.


I don't even know what flame baiting is! :lol: Sorry to waste your time, Burn, as whoever requested your presence was a bit premature and nervous. I'm really not a "problem poster". I'm not a "troll". I don't "play well with others". I don't "brush my teeth daily." I'm just a guy, living in a van... DOWN BY THE RIVER! :lol:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
"It's not an animal; it's a robot. Robots don't need fur, feathers, or skin textures. And don't tell me they need it for disguise, as these robots are clearly not trying to disguise themselves." [in reference to Prime Grimwing]
"...you don't care what the topic is; for you, every thread is just an opportunity to argue, flame-bait, and troll."
User avatar
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Illinois
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: SDCC 2013 Transformers Exclusives Revealed: Metroplex, Shockwave's Laboratory, & Titan Guardians set

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Metrosuplex wrote:I don't even know what flame baiting is! :lol:
It means to taunt someone in a hostile or antagonistic manner.

A "flame" is an insult, like what a "bash" is. "Baiting" should be self-explanatory. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014