Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Rules for Seibertron.com's Forums can be found in this forum.

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Seibertron » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Rated X wrote:Im not news staff, so I dont know how things are from that side of the tracks. But I offer this solution:

Delete the old stuff nobody reads or cares about.


Is there really a need for outdated "archives" ? Examples:


* If TF Source sends a new newsletter every week, why not just delete last weeks newsletter when the new one is posted ?

* Do we really need threads with grey prototype pics of MP-10 and older products ? Nobody reads it, delete it.

* For the Botcon stuff, delete old threads. Nobody cares about reading 100 comments about when is the Botcon 2008 website going live ? Delete them.


While I know the issue doesnt involve space or storage, deleting stuff might make things less confusing for the staff to the point where they can eliminate "thread merging" altogether.


Good suggestions but we aren't going to delete old archived stuff. It should always be here. This isn't the problem either though.

By "abandoned" topics I was referring to topics that are relatively new but are no longer being used by community. If u look at list of topics in our forums u can see what I'm talking about if u look at dates of most recent post.

Deleting old posts on that scale would cause dead content on search engines which would penalize us for having that much content disappearing. Also a ton of unnecessary work for staff.

If the consensus is that it's too confusing then we can try going back to the old way for some of this but some of these merged topics do make sense. There doesn't need to be a new topic for each gallery I post and press releases for an upcoming DVD or video game should be kept in one topic. I think the biggest issue is the aoe products topic which is confusing because of the amount of different products in there.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I personally like the idea of keeping everything together in one topic. Less clutter, less redundant topics, and lets the active topics grow and flourish rather than causing multiple topics to go stale and stagnate.

Though, really, that recent string of Movie Advanced news posts ought to have gone in the appropriate topic for the Movie Advanced news instead of in the Hasbro AOE toy news thread.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im not news staff, so I dont know how things are from that side of the tracks. But I offer this solution:

Delete the old stuff nobody reads or cares about.


Is there really a need for outdated "archives" ? Examples:


* If TF Source sends a new newsletter every week, why not just delete last weeks newsletter when the new one is posted ?

* Do we really need threads with grey prototype pics of MP-10 and older products ? Nobody reads it, delete it.

* For the Botcon stuff, delete old threads. Nobody cares about reading 100 comments about when is the Botcon 2008 website going live ? Delete them.


While I know the issue doesnt involve space or storage, deleting stuff might make things less confusing for the staff to the point where they can eliminate "thread merging" altogether.


Good suggestions but we aren't going to delete old archived stuff. It should always be here. This isn't the problem either though.

By "abandoned" topics I was referring to topics that are relatively new but are no longer being used by community. If u look at list of topics in our forums u can see what I'm talking about if u look at dates of most recent post.

Deleting old posts on that scale would cause dead content on search engines which would penalize us for having that much content disappearing. Also a ton of unnecessary work for staff.

If the consensus is that it's too confusing then we can try going back to the old way for some of this but some of these merged topics do make sense. There doesn't need to be a new topic for each gallery I post and press releases for an upcoming DVD or video game should be kept in one topic. I think the biggest issue is the aoe products topic which is confusing because of the amount of different products in there.


I agree 100% Ryan it's only with the AOE threads that I notice a problem
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3446
News Credits: 43
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby ArmadaPrime » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Motto: "Today's tomorrow is tomorrows today."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
It's a difficult issue this-whilst on the one hand having separate topics for each individual thing is cluttered and unnecessary, it can also be a pain to have to sift through a million pages of a thread to read posts about particular stuff
Perhaps there's some kind of middle road here? As an example something like rather than having an AOE toy news thread for anything and everything, having one thread per size class or some similar way of sorting things a bit more?
Image
Feel free to add me as an ally on Transformers Legends! (113091894)
Did you know? Rosie Huntington-Whitely's great-great-uncle served in the second world war, and his grandfather was a conservative Prime Minister.
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1177
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: A place devoid of all life, happiness, light and generations figures...Berkshire.-Waspshot23
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Madeus Prime » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Motto: "Rule #34 of the Madeus Handbook: There is no Rule #34 in the comic."
Probably this belongs somewhere else, but I'm getting tired of the notifications of messages and replies on my email, maybe I missed the button, but is there a way to shut off the email notifications?
Image
User avatar
Madeus Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Location: My room. Again,
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Madeus Prime wrote:Probably this belongs somewhere else, but I'm getting tired of the notifications of messages and replies on my email, maybe I missed the button, but is there a way to shut off the email notifications?


You can manage it by changing the setting "Notify me upon replies by default" from "yes" to "no". If you continue to have problems, please let me know. Thanks.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Madeus Prime wrote:Probably this belongs somewhere else, but I'm getting tired of the notifications of messages and replies on my email, maybe I missed the button, but is there a way to shut off the email notifications?


You can manage it by changing the setting "Notify me upon replies by default" from "yes" to "no".

In addition, you can unsubscribe from current topics that you are subscribed to by using the options at ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

To unsubscribe from all existing topics that you are watching, make sure you click on the "mark all" button at the bottom of the list on the left hand side, then click on "unwatch marked".

If you continue to have problems, please let me know. Thanks.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:53 am

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Sometimes after I finish making a post and clicking the submit button, the website will either freeze my computer or take a long time to load. When I made the post on the Galleries Thread, it took a good five minutes to load the page. I really don't know what's wrong because I let the "post a reply" page load completely before typing. I know it's not my computer because as the page was loading for a long time I was able to make a new tab and go to YouTube.

Also another problem I'm facing is the messages on my email. Some of the reply notifications on my email in Yahoo were categorized as spam. Plus it's getting frequent now.
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Combiner
Posts: 447
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Interesting. I have Yahoo as well, and I have not seen the notifications going to spam. I'm trying to remember...I don't see a safe senders option in my Yahoo Mail settings. I believe that if you indicate a message as "not spam" the filter should learn. I think.

On occasion I have witnessed the slow loading of a page as well. But I always just figured it was my Comcast connection. Image
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Burn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 pm

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Also another problem I'm facing is the messages on my email. Some of the reply notifications on my email in Yahoo were categorized as spam. Plus it's getting frequent now.


If Yahoo Mail has the same functionality as Gmail then you should be able to mark it as not spam. If not, there should be somewhere you can add seibertron.com to a safe list to stop that.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38577
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby steve2275 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Agamemnon wrote:Interesting. I have Yahoo as well, and I have not seen the notifications going to spam. I'm trying to remember...I don't see a safe senders option in my Yahoo Mail settings. I believe that if you indicate a message as "not spam" the filter should learn. I think.

same here
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10531
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 6:38 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I am running into a posting issue. I don't know if it is on my end or not, but I thought I would bring it up here. I posted in this thread, but my post didn't appear to come through. I thought I had hit "Save" instead of "Submit" like I did years ago when I first joined the forum. But, when I tried re-posting what I initially posted, both posts showed up after I hit submit. However, when I go back to the thread now, my posts do not appear. I have some screenshots in a Word doc if that helps. I've never used the attachment feature here, so let's see what happens...

Okay, no DOCX or ZIP. I'll save them as individual jpgs and see if that works...

In the third pic, I put an arrow indicating that the thread only has two posts when it should have the initial post and 3 replies for four total. I hope this helps...

Post Screen 1.jpg

Post Screen 2.jpg

Post Screen 3.jpg
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
And now my post to this thread has disappeared. I am using Chrome. I will switch to another computer and IE and see if I encounter the same thing. Sorry in advance if it is on my end and I have double posted....

[Edit] Okay, IE on a Windows 7 computer is fine. I will reboot my Windows 8 machine. Looks like it might be on my end. Sorry!!

[Edit2] Looks like It's just my Chrome browser on Windows 8.1 machine. Anybody else have this issue or something similar in the past? Is there a quick fix, or am I looking at a reinstall?

Thanks!
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
The Transformers Toy Galleries are acting up. The thumbnails are not showing the correct images, and some images cannot be viewed. I have also noticed that posts have been deleted from this thread.
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Combiner
Posts: 447
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Also another problem I'm facing is the messages on my email. Some of the reply notifications on my email in Yahoo were categorized as spam. Plus it's getting frequent now.


That has happened to me once or twice this summer and I use Gmail. I think it has to do with the volume of emails coming from one address. So many in a day might lead your provider to think it's spam.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3446
News Credits: 43
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:05 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm starting to notice something funny whenever I edit my posts. Before, whenever I'd make an edit to one of my posts, the changes made were visible in the revised post right after I hit Submit. Now, after I make my edits, the revised post doesn't show any differences unless I refresh the page.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 am

Motto: "I have to return some video tapes."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Yeah I'm having this problem that if I try to access "view your posts" it asks me to log in, take me back to the home page, so that when I try and Access the View your posts page it asks me to log in. Also browsing through the forums, for some reason it states the last news article was yesterday, and there haven't been any posts on the site since yesterday.
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1235
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
The latest posts are not being reflected in the main menu. It's still July 31,2014
Current collection status

Number of TFs:400 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP Wheeljack,30th Jetfire,Windblade
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
Faction Commander
Posts: 4115
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:30 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Some sections where i posted 3rd party section doesn't show the Aug 2 post while the main treads are updated. What gives?
Current collection status

Number of TFs:400 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP Wheeljack,30th Jetfire,Windblade
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
Faction Commander
Posts: 4115
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:38 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:Some sections where i posted 3rd party section doesn't show the Aug 2 post while the main treads are updated. What gives?


What browser are you using, fenrir72? It appears that a number of people may be experiencing this same issue. It's almost like there is a cache issue, with some pages being displayed as a cached version instead of the live version. Image

I only see this on my Chrome Browser on Windows 8.1 32-bit. All other computers and browsers I have tried seem to be fine...
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby sumowrestler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:10 am

Weapon: Saber Blade
Hi sumowrestler,

You received this email because you're watching the topic, "Autobot Frigate
Guardian" at Seibertron.com, which received a reply since your last visit.
No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

View the newest post since your last visit:

viewtopic.php?f=225&t=75895&p=1596081&e=1596081



The link took me to an error page. My other email, below, for the RPG worked. I don't know if it is my email or the link to the site.

Hi sumowrestler,

You received this email because you're watching the topic, "The
Convergence" at Seibertron.com, which received a reply since your last
visit. No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

View the newest post since your last visit:

viewtopic.php?f=231&t=92694&p=1596110&e=1596110
sumowrestler
Godmaster
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:55 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Agamemnon wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Some sections where i posted 3rd party section doesn't show the Aug 2 post while the main treads are updated. What gives?


What browser are you using, fenrir72? It appears that a number of people may be experiencing this same issue. It's almost like there is a cache issue, with some pages being displayed as a cached version instead of the live version. Image

I only see this on my Chrome Browser on Windows 8.1 32-bit. All other computers and browsers I have tried seem to be fine...


You nailed it. Used Opera and no issues. Chrome must have gotten a brain fart or something.
Current collection status

Number of TFs:400 +
Rarest TF: Fortmax,Pretenders Metalhawk,KissPlayers Sparkbots,Tomy FE Optimus Prime, custom E-hobby Orion Pax, MP-01 2004, Classics Ultra Magnus, henkei Convoy + FP Trailer, e-hobby Roadrage,iPod G1 colors Convoy
Latest TF:MP Wheeljack,30th Jetfire,Windblade
Wanted TFs:Abominus, Computron, Road Caesar, Leo Kaizer, G1 Scorponok, G1 dinobots, Grandus
Impossible Dream TFs:Overlord,Galaxyshuttle,Black Zarak, Monstructor or Dinoking
User avatar
fenrir72
Faction Commander
Posts: 4115
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:16 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Some sections where i posted 3rd party section doesn't show the Aug 2 post while the main treads are updated. What gives?


What browser are you using, fenrir72? It appears that a number of people may be experiencing this same issue. It's almost like there is a cache issue, with some pages being displayed as a cached version instead of the live version. Image

I only see this on my Chrome Browser on Windows 8.1 32-bit. All other computers and browsers I have tried seem to be fine...


You nailed it. Used Opera and no issues. Chrome must have gotten a brain fart or something.

Chrome is back to behaving again this morning. Are others seeing improvement? It appears that there has not been a Chrome update since this weirdness started for me. If you did something, Seibertron, thank you! Image
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2539
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Blast Cannon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Agamemnon wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Some sections where i posted 3rd party section doesn't show the Aug 2 post while the main treads are updated. What gives?


What browser are you using, fenrir72? It appears that a number of people may be experiencing this same issue. It's almost like there is a cache issue, with some pages being displayed as a cached version instead of the live version. Image

I only see this on my Chrome Browser on Windows 8.1 32-bit. All other computers and browsers I have tried seem to be fine...


You nailed it. Used Opera and no issues. Chrome must have gotten a brain fart or something.

Chrome is back to behaving again this morning. Are others seeing improvement? It appears that there has not been a Chrome update since this weirdness started for me. If you did something, Seibertron, thank you! Image


No, I'm still having to refresh in order to update the board topics. Irritating.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9906
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Bonfire » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Motto: "I had a pun about insanity, but then I lost it."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
I don't know if this is a problem or not, but when I posted a application for the RPG forums, and it said it had to be reviewed by a moderator before it can be showed publicly. This seems just a bit repetitive since a moderator has to view it for said post to be approved.
I had a pun about insanity, but then I lost it.
User avatar
Bonfire
Mini-Con
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Somewhere over yonder.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014