Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Rules for Seibertron.com's Forums can be found in this forum.

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Jeysie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
The only problem I'm having lately is that the site loads so slowly that it tends to get to the point of bogging down my browser. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use IE, Firefox, or Opera.
User avatar
Jeysie
Headmaster
Posts: 1021
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Matt D » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:49 am

The database does not work at all. The cartoon or comic one
Matt D
Fuzor
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:20 am

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby ***Galvatron*** » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:04 am

Hi.
I was NOT logged in while I tried to view Energon Shockblasts Vector sigma database profile from the main page so I'm not sure that had something to do with it but I got this error message...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_pagination() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/seibertron.com/httpdocs/energonpub/includes/functions.php:1523) in /var/www/vhosts/seibertron.com/httpdocs/database/functions.php on line 436
***Galvatron*** wrote:Fox Mulder ? ummm, your meds must be lapsing! :P

:mrgreen:

moldavite wrote:Nope, I'm not on any medication. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I have a margarita about once every four months. I'm as sober as they come. I'm NOT joking! What I tell you is the truth. Mulder and Scully will be in TF2! Just wait and you'll see....
***Galvatron***
Brainmaster
Posts: 1441
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:04 pm
Location: Insane Asylum

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:44 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I am not sure if this is just a problem with my monitor or general overall format. -

Is it possible for the News forum page to fit my monitor without having to scroll to the right to read each news article. It seems like the width of that particular forum is too large. Is there an easy solution?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Rogue. » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm

I'll start out with not a complaint, but a "THANKS!" for upgrading the forum software. I'm glad that the search function and other features work once again.

But this layout, the color scheme, etc, of the forum looks like it came straight out of the software's box. If you work best under pressure, I'll be sending my friend over to your workplace with a rabid mouse and a hearty piece of cheese :)

Just take 15 minutes to look at how the color schemes, font sizes, placements of the avatars, *cough*cough*, can be changed...
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Sonray » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:02 pm

I have a problem id like to report.

Too many users leaving due to the forum "upgrade". The community is near death recently, its like a ghost town. I loved this place but its just lost so much because of this "upgrade".

Seriously guys im not imagining things, ive seen people talk too, it aint pretty what people think of this place now.

Please fix the place up, put it back like it was before it was fine, just do something to stop the community from dieing on its ass. Especially since the last time i checked new members couldnt even join!

Make Seibertron great again!
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Nightracer GT » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:09 am

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
1. I just want to call attention yet again to the Vector Sigma Database being down. I really need it right now, because I'm working on a tech spec project of rare characters.

2. My sig has a character limit. So do post titles. It's extremely annoying.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby muswp1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
For about 20 minutes (3:45pm to about 4:05pm) I could not connect to the site at all. I got a 404 error when I was trying to make a thread in the Toys Forum and could not get anything to load.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
User avatar
muswp1
Gestalt
Posts: 2621
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:19 pm
Location: Elgin, IL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Rogue. » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 pm

No offense, but is sure is taking a long time to make this forum look decent again. The huge topic fonts, the member info column on the right side, the naff colors... really, that kind of thing doesn't take that long to fix. Maybe half an hour? And if "someone" doesn't have the time, I'm sure "someone else" would and be glad to do it for "him." ;)

Other kinds of things, like maybe changing the topic title icons (these things Image) from the phpBB defaults into Transformer-themed icons, that would take longer, and is understandable.

Okay, I said it...

Sonray wrote:I have a problem id like to report.

Too many users leaving due to the forum "upgrade". The community is near death recently, its like a ghost town. I loved this place but its just lost so much because of this "upgrade".

Seriously guys im not imagining things, ive seen people talk too, it aint pretty what people think of this place now.

Please fix the place up, put it back like it was before it was fine, just do something to stop the community from dieing on its ass. Especially since the last time i checked new members couldnt even join!

Make Seibertron great again!


I've noticed this too. I wondered if it was the reason it has been so quiet in here. I've been busy lately so I've cut back on my forum-posting, being that I post at too many as it is. This forum was one that I almost dropped entirely. :?
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Sonray » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Rogue. wrote:No offense, but is sure is taking a long time to make this forum look decent again. The huge topic fonts, the member info column on the right side, the naff colors... really, that kind of thing doesn't take that long to fix. Maybe half an hour? And if "someone" doesn't have the time, I'm sure "someone else" would and be glad to do it for "him." ;)

Other kinds of things, like maybe changing the topic title icons (these things Image) from the phpBB defaults into Transformer-themed icons, that would take longer, and is understandable.

Okay, I said it...

Sonray wrote:I have a problem id like to report.

Too many users leaving due to the forum "upgrade". The community is near death recently, its like a ghost town. I loved this place but its just lost so much because of this "upgrade".

Seriously guys im not imagining things, ive seen people talk too, it aint pretty what people think of this place now.

Please fix the place up, put it back like it was before it was fine, just do something to stop the community from dieing on its ass. Especially since the last time i checked new members couldnt even join!

Make Seibertron great again!


I've noticed this too. I wondered if it was the reason it has been so quiet in here. I've been busy lately so I've cut back on my forum-posting, being that I post at too many as it is. This forum was one that I almost dropped entirely. :?



Yeah and not only that but we're reporting these problems...where the heck are the people who are supposed to be fixing them? Shouldn't they have come in here and said something by now?
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Stormrider » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Sonray wrote:
Rogue. wrote:No offense, but is sure is taking a long time to make this forum look decent again. The huge topic fonts, the member info column on the right side, the naff colors... really, that kind of thing doesn't take that long to fix. Maybe half an hour? And if "someone" doesn't have the time, I'm sure "someone else" would and be glad to do it for "him." ;)

Other kinds of things, like maybe changing the topic title icons (these things Image) from the phpBB defaults into Transformer-themed icons, that would take longer, and is understandable.

Okay, I said it...

Sonray wrote:I have a problem id like to report.

Too many users leaving due to the forum "upgrade". The community is near death recently, its like a ghost town. I loved this place but its just lost so much because of this "upgrade".

Seriously guys im not imagining things, ive seen people talk too, it aint pretty what people think of this place now.

Please fix the place up, put it back like it was before it was fine, just do something to stop the community from dieing on its ass. Especially since the last time i checked new members couldnt even join!

Make Seibertron great again!


I've noticed this too. I wondered if it was the reason it has been so quiet in here. I've been busy lately so I've cut back on my forum-posting, being that I post at too many as it is. This forum was one that I almost dropped entirely. :?



Yeah and not only that but we're reporting these problems...where the heck are the people who are supposed to be fixing them? Shouldn't they have come in here and said something by now?


Hi Sonray and others,

Your problems are not being ignored. I have brought your particular comments to our community's attention and we're trying to get things back on track. Hang tight. I know it's tough to hear those words without seeing any action. But help will come soon.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Jeysie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
I have to admit I still find it a little weird that people are so hung up on the layout when I find it readable enough and the forum's functionality in general is far more useable. It took me a while to sign up for this forum in its original incarnation because I found it so awkward to use; this is much more useable aside from a couple quirks. (Mainly the problem with images. Changing the CSS from clipping the images to giving them scrollbars would likely do the trick.)

I only wish it loaded faster; even though I have DSL the forum still loads very sluggishly.

Also, I was wondering where the Kitbash/Fanfic section went off to? I had a couple threads I was actively following in there.
User avatar
Jeysie
Headmaster
Posts: 1021
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Archanubis » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Jeysie wrote:Also, I was wondering where the Kitbash/Fanfic section went off to? I had a couple threads I was actively following in there.

That has apparently been turned into the Fan Fiction thread, which makes me wonder if the art-related posts in there will be moved into more appropriate sections.
Image
User avatar
Archanubis
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6851
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 am
Location: Hylion Prime

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Jeysie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Thunderscream wrote:
Jeysie wrote:Also, I was wondering where the Kitbash/Fanfic section went off to? I had a couple threads I was actively following in there.

That has apparently been turned into the Fan Fiction thread, which makes me wonder if the art-related posts in there will be moved into more appropriate sections.


Ah, hmm. I figured Transtopia was its own little separate community, so I didn't think to look there. Thankee!
User avatar
Jeysie
Headmaster
Posts: 1021
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Rogue. » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Some of us have been around longer :wink: You know, I was thinking. Is it possible for the layout (member info on the right or left side of the messages) to be customizable for each member? That would literally make everyone happy, as far as that goes. I've seen some forums with color & layout "themes" that each member can choose. I'm just wondering how flexible this forum software is... stretch it to its max ;)

I see the topic title font size has been fixed. Thanks to whoever got on that! It makes all the difference, believe me. Well, my eyes thank you, anyway :)
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Paralell » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 am

I want to know what happened to my old account? I am VERY frustrated with this. I have tried to sign in many times and each time it rejects my user ID, email, and password. I tried to contact Seibertron aka Ryan about this at least 3-6 times and I have not even once gotten an email response. I haven't been able to post since July because of this ongoing aggravation.

My old ID is Hot_Rod and I'd very much like that account back please. It's how everybody knows me.

I miss being apart of this community. :-(

And if anybody knows the punctuation codes to make Hot_Rod look appear like Hot Rod, let me know because right after the movie it was altered to that with a PM tip from a certain member who shall remain nameless unless they feel free to speak about it.

Somebody, please help. :?
Paralell
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby TheMuffin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Hmm. It doesn't seem like that account exists on the site. I'll notify Bishop and have him take a look as he has more access then me.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11042
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby jaster701 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Motto: ""The key to immortality is influence!"
"If you're not pissed off @ the world you're not paying any attention" Kasey Chambers"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
:sad:
I can not post on the For sale/buy trade board.
Did I do somthing wrong? the postreply icon comes up when i'm not logged in then when i log in it's gone.
jaster701
Minibot
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Midale Saskatchewan Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Rank: N/A
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby TheMuffin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
That section has been shut down because some people are either A) Too gulible and went in on sales they should have known were bogus or B) assholes who took advantage of people by offering items, taking the money and then running.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11042
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby jaster701 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:26 am

Motto: ""The key to immortality is influence!"
"If you're not pissed off @ the world you're not paying any attention" Kasey Chambers"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
ah ok that makes sense. If there was somthing posted about it i'm sorry i missed it, i'm not on Siebertron.com as much as i should be. lol
jaster701
Minibot
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Midale Saskatchewan Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Rank: N/A
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:27 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Paralell wrote:I want to know what happened to my old account? I am VERY frustrated with this. I have tried to sign in many times and each time it rejects my user ID, email, and password. I tried to contact Seibertron aka Ryan about this at least 3-6 times and I have not even once gotten an email response. I haven't been able to post since July because of this ongoing aggravation.

My old ID is Hot_Rod and I'd very much like that account back please. It's how everybody knows me.

I miss being apart of this community. :-(

And if anybody knows the punctuation codes to make Hot_Rod look appear like Hot Rod, let me know because right after the movie it was altered to that with a PM tip from a certain member who shall remain nameless unless they feel free to speak about it.

Somebody, please help. :?


Hot_Rod does not exist
Information

The requested user does not exist.


Hot Rod does and it's email does not match yours. Are you using the same email?
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18596
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Scatterlung » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Oh oh, my turn.

I decided to turn on that feature that alerts you every time a thread you post in gets a reply? Decided I didn't like it too much. Turned it off, but I still get the alerts.

I'd be a little more tolerant if these alerts weren't a fair while AFTER the reply was sent and I'd already read it anyway.

But yeah. They wont go away and they're clogging my inbox... sup with that?
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3007
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Meverix wrote:Oh oh, my turn.

I decided to turn on that feature that alerts you every time a thread you post in gets a reply? Decided I didn't like it too much. Turned it off, but I still get the alerts.

I'd be a little more tolerant if these alerts weren't a fair while AFTER the reply was sent and I'd already read it anyway.

But yeah. They wont go away and they're clogging my inbox... sup with that?



I will have to look at that as that may be something that only you can do.
Let me look.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18596
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Scatterlung » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:12 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Oh, and something else:

The 'Forums' tab above the list of forums on the left? Clicking that should bring up the forums complete forums list, I believe. But when I click it I get the following error message

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'seibert_site.users' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM users WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 72
File : /var/www/vhosts/seibertron.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/sessions.php
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3007
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Omega Charge » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Forums going awry, avatars at the bottom, topics lost to the side...it was JUST workng, but now...
Image
User avatar
Omega Charge
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7856
News Credits: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:21 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Forum