Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Rules for Seibertron.com's Forums can be found in this forum.

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:36 am

Smilies seem to be a bit off again.

Image = :P
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38838
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Blast Cannon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Every time I reply to a thread and quote another post, a small 'alert' box comes up claiming that my font size is too big before carrying on to the 'Posted successfully' page. It doesn't really affect me apart from being incredibly irritating.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9910
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Treetop Maximus » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Motto: "At least the opening was good."
Weapon: Railgun
The Quick Reply button is incredibly picky about where it hangs out. For example, it doesn't chill here or at the man thread.
Image
User avatar
Treetop Maximus
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Freedomburgerland
Watch Treetop Maximus on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Blackstreak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Okay, so I'm browsing this website and suddenly I get a pop up. Everytime I click on a link this annoying pop up to take a survey shows itself. Either Seibertron.com is actually allowing a survey through OpinionMart or I have a spyware. Anyone else getting this?
Image

# of Transformers in collection: 241TFs 4 sale
1985 Action Cards for sale
WTB/T for...
Blackstreak
Gestalt
Posts: 2045
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: West Chester, OH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Predaprince » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
I never have any pop-ups on this site.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Treetop Maximus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 am

Motto: "At least the opening was good."
Weapon: Railgun
Nor do I.
Image
User avatar
Treetop Maximus
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Freedomburgerland
Watch Treetop Maximus on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Blackstreak wrote:Okay, so I'm browsing this website and suddenly I get a pop up. Everytime I click on a link this annoying pop up to take a survey shows itself. Either Seibertron.com is actually allowing a survey through OpinionMart or I have a spyware. Anyone else getting this?


You have spyware on your computer. We have no such advertisements.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15273
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Cougartracks » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Weapon: Crossbow
Blackstreak wrote:Okay, so I'm browsing this website and suddenly I get a pop up. Everytime I click on a link this annoying pop up to take a survey shows itself. Either Seibertron.com is actually allowing a survey through OpinionMart or I have a spyware. Anyone else getting this?


Sorry, man, I think it's just your computer. Time to run Spybot!
Check out my collection, Grand Maximus compels you!!

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/hello-t79560.php

Also, please be sure to give my podcast a listen. It's a pop-culture podcast covering everything from toys, to comics, to movies. If you're a nerd, you'll love it.

http://fanholespodcast.blogspot.com/

Image
User avatar
Cougartracks
Minibot
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:29 am
Watch Cougartracks on YouTube
Buy from Cougartracks on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Don't know if this is the right place but, every time I try to post the smiley thats # 12 on the list, this one pops up instead :P
Iv'e seen it happen to others too, and heard others complain, and ever sense you guys gave us this guy> >:oP that smiley's been un-available...
I havn't seen that smiley used ever since actually, I think people MEAN to use it, but we just get :P
Any thoughts on that? Does it happen to anyone else aside from the select few Iv'e seen, and let it be known, that when it happened to those people, it was speculation under situation of smiley use, so, I can't be sure, but you CAN test it and see if you guys get the same problem as me, but I think it's the whole site...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Kibble » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and it takes too damn long to click through more than the last few pages due to what I'm about to mention, but the site is a lot slower lately. Probably for a couple two, three weeks now. When you click to navigate anywhere, it take a lot longer to react...doing a little quick testing, it seems to take about 8+ seconds from the time you click to the time the new page displays. I have a cable modem and this is the only site that behaves like this. What gives? It's super annoying!
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3638
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:39 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Kibble wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, and it takes too damn long to click through more than the last few pages due to what I'm about to mention, but the site is a lot slower lately. Probably for a couple two, three weeks now. When you click to navigate anywhere, it take a lot longer to react...doing a little quick testing, it seems to take about 8+ seconds from the time you click to the time the new page displays. I have a cable modem and this is the only site that behaves like this. What gives? It's super annoying!

Just lots of news and traffic I think, I mean, not a whole lot gets deleted, and it just kinda piles up over time, sooo... Maybe it's just lag?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Skyfire77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Has anyone else noticed the board time being off? I went in and manually turned off DST, but it's still coming up eleven minutes fast.
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Autobot-Hellstriker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Motto: "Those foolish enough to face me are lucky to survive, even if they only lose a arm."
Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
I'm having a lot of trouble staying logged in i get logged out at random time anywhere from a couple of hours between to having to log-in next day. But the last one just got me angry. I logged in today at 16:00 clock and i always click "automatically keep me logged in" checkbox, also i never log-off but i had to log-in again at 20:19 :BOOM:

I've tried to clean and delete cookies but it won't do me any good!... otherwise I'd tried it repeatedly after each sudden log-out.
Vehicle Mode: Heavily speed modfied Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
User avatar
Autobot-Hellstriker
Fuzor
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Iacon City
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby dinogeist » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 am

Counterpunch wrote:
Blackstreak wrote:Okay, so I'm browsing this website and suddenly I get a pop up. Everytime I click on a link this annoying pop up to take a survey shows itself. Either Seibertron.com is actually allowing a survey through OpinionMart or I have a spyware. Anyone else getting this?


You have spyware on your computer. We have no such advertisements.


If you wanna get rid on the pop up spyware,you can do the following:

(1) reboot your computer back to the factory installed settings using DVD/CD disks. if you don't want to go this route,then here's more options. (2) Use various anti-virus software like as follows: Eset.com,Microsoft safety scanner,Viprerescue.com. (3) Go to your control panel & if if your sorta a mild level computer expert. un-inastall any programs you think might be virus spyware or key loggers programs. you might need some expert help with this. so don't go overboard & un-install stuff that are important & not bad. (4)erase your cookies in your temp folders once a week. delete your cookies in all your internet browsers. (5) you can do a system restore point. pick one that's not from a few days or a few weeks ago. try to select a sytstem restore point from a few months back.
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Autobot-Hellstriker wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble staying logged in i get logged out at random time anywhere from a couple of hours between to having to log-in next day. But the last one just got me angry. I logged in today at 16:00 clock and i always click "automatically keep me logged in" checkbox, also i never log-off but i had to log-in again at 20:19 :BOOM:

I've tried to clean and delete cookies but it won't do me any good!... otherwise I'd tried it repeatedly after each sudden log-out.


I know this may have been asked before, but:

1) What browser do you use?
2) Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?
3) Do you have "Delete cookies after window closes" unchecked?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15020
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby dinogeist » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Autobot-Hellstriker wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble staying logged in i get logged out at random time anywhere from a couple of hours between to having to log-in next day. But the last one just got me angry. I logged in today at 16:00 clock and i always click "automatically keep me logged in" checkbox, also i never log-off but i had to log-in again at 20:19 :BOOM:

I've tried to clean and delete cookies but it won't do me any good!... otherwise I'd tried it repeatedly after each sudden log-out.


I know this may have been asked before, but:

1) What browser do you use?
2) Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?
3) Do you have "Delete cookies after window closes" unchecked?


if your switching between browsers like using AOL,Internet explorer,mozilla fire fox,you will get logged out of sites that require a user name+passwrd..
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Burn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Say wha? I've always been able to use multiple browsers on the same site when i've been testing to make sure things were working okay.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38838
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Burn wrote:Say wha? I've always been able to use multiple browsers on the same site when i've been testing to make sure things were working okay.


It doesn't with me. I mainly use Firefox, with the "keep me logged in" feature checked. Tried IE9, blammo, not logged in. Went back to FireFox, still logged in.

Bizarre ain't it?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15020
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Skyfire77 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Burn wrote:Say wha? I've always been able to use multiple browsers on the same site when i've been testing to make sure things were working okay.


It doesn't with me. I mainly use Firefox, with the "keep me logged in" feature checked. Tried IE9, blammo, not logged in. Went back to FireFox, still logged in.

Bizarre ain't it?


Well, yeah. You sign in under Firefox, Seibertron puts a cookie in FFs folder, that way when you close it and come back, you're still signed in. If you come in under a different browser, one that you haven't already signed in on, there's no cookie in it's folder, so the board treats you like you're not signed in.
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby SirToys » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:44 pm

external links added to posts don't contain the target="_blank" attribute, you'll lose visitors if they forget to click the back button.
User avatar
SirToys
Fuzor
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:04 pm

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Did the site just get redesigned? It looks weird, no background, the layout on the front page is all messed up... it looks more like some tumblr blog than an actual website. :(
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8741
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
kirbenvost wrote:Did the site just get redesigned? It looks weird, no background, the layout on the front page is all messed up... it looks more like some tumblr blog than an actual website. :(
Yeah, I don't like it either. >:oP
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17999
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:Did the site just get redesigned? It looks weird, no background, the layout on the front page is all messed up... it looks more like some tumblr blog than an actual website. :(
Yeah, I don't like it either. >:oP


Even the fonts are different... it's weirding me out, like I'm in some sort of terrible alternate dimension or something. :lol:
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8741
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I think there actually is a bug, although I'm sure it'll be fixed once the final tweaks to the new look are finalised.

In the UK sightings forum (only place I've noticed so far, but could be elsewhere) the user location kind of spills into the thread-post.

I'll try getting a screenshot.

EDIT:

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7204
News Credits: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
In regards to Gold Rabbit's complaint about getting logged out, this has been happening to me all day, and it's all happening while I'm actually in Seibertron. I'm not using any other browsers or anything like that. I'll leave a post, then go to another thread, and whoa lookie--I'm not logged in anymore. Then I gotta log in all over again despite having clicked the "keep me logged in" button. It's happened numerous times today. I just had to log in again to leave this message.
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 885
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Rules Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014