Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Yeah...and then the entire page derped out on me. Like, I click "view newest post" and all I can see is Sabrblade's post. And nothing else except those error message. It's fine now, but the site is getting really wonky. We're not looking at another Big Whoops, are we?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29984
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Dr Va'al » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:32 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Shadowman wrote:Yeah...and then the entire page derped out on me. Like, I click "view newest post" and all I can see is Sabrblade's post. And nothing else except those error message. It's fine now, but the site is getting really wonky. We're not looking at another Big Whoops, are we?


Ryan has upgraded the servers, and all the fixes and updates he'd done to the site in the past years have decided to abandon ship in the move. He's currently working on all the issues we/he can find, so any time you run into an error, no matter how small, report it, and it'll be dealt with!

(..you should have seen the news admin section yesterday..)
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Burn wrote:I'm never wrong. Except when I am.

But then I just edit posts and make Va'al wrong.
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 12538
News Credits: 123
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:03 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I seem to have lost my E-mail notification to threads I am subscribed to. I have noticed this since yesterday evening. (And was the site down and up a few times yesterday?)

I'll see if I get any notifications today and if I do, I'll update, with apologies. :D

Cheers!
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal wrote:All of your biases have at some point been confirmed by anecdote.

There. Now you never have to read anything written by a pundit.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4462
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Update: Okay, e-mail notification of a thread update worked this morning. Thanks!
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal wrote:All of your biases have at some point been confirmed by anecdote.

There. Now you never have to read anything written by a pundit.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4462
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby BigTop » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Motto: "Truth resists simplicity."
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Cannon
Hey there!

I'm BigTop. I recently made this profile to play the TF RPG (and to comment on some of the kickass kitbashes I have seen) and have been having some issues with my profile. I cannot send private messages, and cannot post without having to have every post confirmed by a mod, it seems. The guys from the RP board were perplexed, as they had not heard of this restriction on new profiles before. Just wanted to ask if this was in fact a new thing, or a glitch. Thanks in advance!
User avatar
BigTop
Micromaster
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 2
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby ArmadaPrime » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Motto: "Today's tomorrow is tomorrows today."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Ironically enough I only seem to get this problem on this thread:
when I click the see first unread post button in the "viw your posts" page, or the little icon that takes me to the latest post, I am told that "information, the requested topic does not exist"?
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1258
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 am
Location: A place devoid of all life, happiness, light and generations figures...Berkshire.-Waspshot23
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby robotmel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:35 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:-?
Just logged in to the forums (09:32 GMT) to see, or rather not see, a distict lack of of images in posts and users signatures.
It only seems to be displaying an [img] link rather than the actual picture/photo?
:CON:
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, United Scourge
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
Perfect Effect - Eject & Rewind
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Gestalt
Posts: 2386
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Ketchup » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 am

Hello,

I can't currently access the rss feed for the podcast. It is producing a forbidden error:

Code: Select all
$ wget http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss
--2013-09-03 03:20:58--  http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss
Resolving www.seibertron.com (www.seibertron.com)... 198.251.79.61
Connecting to www.seibertron.com (www.seibertron.com)|198.251.79.61|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2013-09-03 03:20:58 ERROR 403: Forbidden.


Thanks!
User avatar
Ketchup
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby MarkNL » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Motto: "The past is my present"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Heys,

as you can see I still don't have an avatar picture. I want this one: Image

There is a problem, however... Everytime I want to either upload this pic from my pc or upload it from the internet, I get errors. It simply says "Avatar could not be uploaded" when I want to upload it from the internet. When I wanna upload it from my pc it says: "The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 9 KiB."
So does that picture have to be even smaller..?

Many thanks in advance.
Life is like a movie; live the adventure!
User avatar
MarkNL
Minibot
Posts: 161
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:52 am
Location: Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Alt Mode: Aston Martin DB9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
MarkNL wrote:Heys,

as you can see I still don't have an avatar picture. I want this one: Image

There is a problem, however... Everytime I want to either upload this pic from my pc or upload it from the internet, I get errors. It simply says "Avatar could not be uploaded" when I want to upload it from the internet. When I wanna upload it from my pc it says: "The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 9 KiB."
So does that picture have to be even smaller..?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm showing it as 18Kb. I think you'd need to shrink the size or change the file type and up the compression. The .png might be a problem too, but I haven't tried uploading that format. Try a variety of things like saving as .jpg, changing the size, etc.

Cheers!
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal wrote:All of your biases have at some point been confirmed by anecdote.

There. Now you never have to read anything written by a pundit.

My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4462
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby MarkNL » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 am

Motto: "The past is my present"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Agamemnon wrote:
MarkNL wrote:Heys,

as you can see I still don't have an avatar picture. I want this one: Image

There is a problem, however... Everytime I want to either upload this pic from my pc or upload it from the internet, I get errors. It simply says "Avatar could not be uploaded" when I want to upload it from the internet. When I wanna upload it from my pc it says: "The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 9 KiB."
So does that picture have to be even smaller..?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm showing it as 18Kb. I think you'd need to shrink the size or change the file type and up the compression. The .png might be a problem too, but I haven't tried uploading that format. Try a variety of things like saving as .jpg, changing the size, etc.

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips! I'll try it.

Edit: converting it to .jpg worked!
Life is like a movie; live the adventure!
User avatar
MarkNL
Minibot
Posts: 161
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:52 am
Location: Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
Watch MarkNL on YouTube
Alt Mode: Aston Martin DB9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I'm also getting the [img] problem. Its worse for me though sing I can't view the pictures without downloading them to an external storage device, then looking at them on a computer, wich I dont have. Anyone know what's causing this?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6338
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby robotmel » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:03 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
robotmel wrote::-?
Just logged in to the forums (09:32 GMT) to see, or rather not see, a distict lack of of images in posts and users signatures.
It only seems to be displaying an [img] link rather than the actual picture/photo?
:CON:
:lol:
Quoting myself?

Despite nothing being mentioned regarding the lack of images/photos, am I correct in saying this website has been changed so that users need to be logged in to view images otherwise they just see the [img] link? ;)
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, United Scourge
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
Perfect Effect - Eject & Rewind
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Gestalt
Posts: 2386
News Credits: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:55 am

robotmel wrote:
robotmel wrote::-?
Just logged in to the forums (09:32 GMT) to see, or rather not see, a distict lack of of images in posts and users signatures.
It only seems to be displaying an [img] link rather than the actual picture/photo?
:CON:
:lol:
Quoting myself?

Despite nothing being mentioned regarding the lack of images/photos, am I correct in saying this website has been changed so that users need to be logged in to view images otherwise they just see the [img] link? ;)


Just tried it myself and that does seem to be the case.
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42933
News Credits: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby lonrac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 am

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
is this happening to anyone else.

results from a mission or arena is showing a '?' with 0 xp and 0 energon for each player,

and CR is manual even though the settings say automatic?

regards

Lonrac
User avatar
lonrac
Fuzor
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 am
Location: Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Zordon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 am

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
hi,

For some reason i keep getting a "stuck page" when viewing the site from my iPad 2 running iOS6, Most of the time its fine but every now and then (about once every 10 page loads) i will be able to scroll down to read something and then the page freezes it wont gesture up or down and none of the links/adverts work, the multi-touch on my iPad is fine as i can do the other gestures and the address bar is fine to click the refresh page.
It only seems to be seibertron.com other sites load fine??
Image
User avatar
Zordon
Pretender
Posts: 709
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:55 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby megatronus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm no longer receiving email notifications when a reply is posted.

This makes me sad. And is inconvenient.

Please fix!
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5236
News Credits: 27
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Seibertron » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Ketchup wrote:Hello,

I can't currently access the rss feed for the podcast. It is producing a forbidden error:

Code: Select all
$ wget http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss
--2013-09-03 03:20:58--  http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss
Resolving www.seibertron.com (www.seibertron.com)... 198.251.79.61
Connecting to www.seibertron.com (www.seibertron.com)|198.251.79.61|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2013-09-03 03:20:58 ERROR 403: Forbidden.


Thanks!


Hi Ketchup,

Can you confirm that the Podcast RSS feed is working properly for you now?
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 24929
News Credits: 968
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby megatronus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
megatronus wrote:I'm no longer receiving email notifications when a reply is posted.

This makes me sad. And is inconvenient.

Please fix!

I seem to be receiving email notifications again after a 3 or 4 week hiatus - huzzah! Thanks for fixing (if a fix was indeed made).
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5236
News Credits: 27
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby lonrac » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
HMW down again?

why am i getting someone else team, and cant go for missions et stuff?
User avatar
lonrac
Fuzor
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 am
Location: Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Log out, clear your cache, log in again.
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42933
News Credits: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby Seibertron » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Burn wrote:Log out, clear your cache, log in again.


It should be working now. I rewrote the code that keeps you logged in to the main part of the site and made a few other changes. Please let me know if you have issues after 12:38am Central time. Thanks.
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 24929
News Credits: 968
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby njb902 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 pm

I've been having issues with logging in today and/or staying logged in. It started today at about 1pm, the site said the forums were not available. Latter on I could see the forum but every time I went to login ID hit the button it would say I was logged in, but would then boot me back to the main page without actually logging me in. Though my username appeared in the members online listing, though it should have been hiding. I use either the opera mini browser or the opera mobile browser.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby njb902 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm getting this message when I post.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function
fetch_posttext() in /var/www/vhosts/
seibertron.com/httpdocs/energonpub/
includes/functions_posting.php on line 1364
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Seibertron.com Problem Reporting Thread

Postby njb902 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Test
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts REISSUE 2003 STARSCREAM long missile SET takara tomy - Time Remaining: 23 days 19 hours 6 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds
FUNKO POP MOVIES OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VINYL FIGURE RARE - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 6 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers G1 1990 STARSCREAM 100% complete action master Turbo Jet figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 12 minutes 2 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark Of The Moon DOTM Leader Optimus Prime + Megatron Pack - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 43 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers G1 Japanese Abominus VS Computron Custom Poster Rare free ship - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 29 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Kabaya Wave 1 Star Saber G1 Convoy and Henkei Convoy MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 1 minute 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016