Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron's Review of Transformers Movie Preview Tomorrow!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby zoso504 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Wow, how can you accuse Bay for 'lack of attempt' when you just said you don't even know if he approached VW. This movie has been in development for a couple years and I'm positive most of that time wasn't spent thinking 'let's do this to piss off the fans.' Calm down. CALM DOWN GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
zoso504
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:32 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Maximus Prime wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:We don't even know if Bay even asked VW for the beetle.


That's right. We don't know. So because we don't know why don't we speculate and make up stories and post **** that's not right?

Whatever, you're just proving my point all the more. No matter what arguments people come up with there will be arguments against. But the main difference is that the people that are giving the movie a chance are at least bending toward acceptance.
The haters are hating no matter what they get positive.

I'm not saying Ryan is a bad guy. Hell, ANYONE would say something good with a nice amount of money behind it. That's a lot of Transformers. I gave this movie a chance, was let down many times, gave a chance for change, and was let down again. I just can't possibly imagine something which abuses Transformers so much to be any good. It makes me fear for the future of Transformers. I'm scared that the movie designs will become the new ionic image for all of the cast. Just imagine: At least 20 years of Apescream and Megaturd. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I've been screwed over by trustworthy people too many times. But something is amiss in Munchkinland.
Bluebullet

Postby Maximus Prime » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Kayevcee wrote:You're welcome to take it up with Ryan via PM once he shovels his way out of New York, pal. In the meantime, maybe it's best if you keep this little conspiracy theory of yours under your hat. Y'see, a lot of folk around here quite like Ryan (seeing as he runs the place and all) and probably don't take kindly to you basically accusing him of accepting a bribe rather than the slightly more believable scenario that he actually did like what he saw.

-Nick


Agreed, I can safely say that after all these years I know Ryan well enough to know that he would not jeopardize the site's integrity by taking money to curb his opinion.
to insinuate otherwise without merit is pure insult.
Maximus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10419
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:40 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Maximus Prime wrote:
Kayevcee wrote:You're welcome to take it up with Ryan via PM once he shovels his way out of New York, pal. In the meantime, maybe it's best if you keep this little conspiracy theory of yours under your hat. Y'see, a lot of folk around here quite like Ryan (seeing as he runs the place and all) and probably don't take kindly to you basically accusing him of accepting a bribe rather than the slightly more believable scenario that he actually did like what he saw.

-Nick


Agreed, I can safely say that after all these years I know Ryan well enough to know that he would not jeopardize the site's integrity by taking money to curb his opinion.
to insinuate otherwise without merit is pure insult.


Agreed. I thought that was one of the rudest things to say to someone who bends over backwards to bring anything and everything Transformers to the fans. I would write more but I'm very annoyed and angry at that comment.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm still having a hard time getting behind this movie. I have a friend e-mailing me a copy of the Prime Directive script so that and Ryan's opinion will go along way to helping me sort things out.


Why not just wait 138 days and oh ... go and see it for yourself and then decide? :???:


Because right now I don't want to put my money behind a product I don't support 100%.


See, I don't get this. It's going to cost you what, less than $20 and a few hours of your life. Seems a small price to pay to make up your own mind for yourself and not influenced by the opinions of others.

And to those who feel it's a big conspiracy with money changing hands, consider this.

Don't you think Don Murphy would have paid Ryan off following the Megatron incident instead of the full scale forum war that ensured? Wouldn't it have been easier to pay the webmasters off months ago to ensure negative criticism didn't appear on ANY of the major TF sites? Why would they wait to pay them off after seeing 20-30 mins of footage when the damage is obviously already done? ;;)

-editted for clarification-
Last edited by Burn on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38554
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby tile_mcgillus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Seibertron did not accept a bribe. I really hope no one actually thinks he did. Besides he said ID4 is one of his favorite movies, it sounds like this Tf movie is right up his alley.

Here is a less than raving review posted on AICN. He sounds like a casual fan that is just confused and scared by the cheesy slapstick he saw and pleasantly suprised by the action.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31595

"It was in this sequence that I (a fan of the series and the 1986 movie) began to grow seriously skeptical. In the TRANSFORMERS texts with which we're all familiar, the Autobots are wise and capable of handling themselves in the human world (except for the episode where they wreak havoc in a museum). Here, they were characterized as clumsy, loveable buffoons in the vein of Pete's Dragon."
tile_mcgillus
Fuzor
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm still having a hard time getting behind this movie. I have a friend e-mailing me a copy of the Prime Directive script so that and Ryan's opinion will go along way to helping me sort things out.


Why not just wait 138 days and oh ... go and see it for yourself and then decide? :???:


Because right now I don't want to put my money behind a product I don't support 100%.


See, I don't get this. It's going to cost you what, less than $20 and a few hours of your life. Seems a small price to pay to make up your own mind for yourself and not influenced by the opinions of others.

Oh and if you feel it's a big conspiracy with money changing hands, consider this.

Don't you think Don Murphy would have paid Ryan off following the Megatron incident instead of the full scale forum war that ensured? Wouldn't it have been easier to pay the webmasters off months ago to ensure negative criticism didn't appear on ANY of the major TF sites? Why would they wait to pay them off after seeing 20-30 mins of footage when the damage is obviously already done? ;;)


I most certainly do NOT believe that it is a conspiracy at all and am quite sickened by the baseless and unfounded accusations leveled against Ryan. What is the source of the conflict in my mind is the contradiction between what we have been told by those who have made the movie and what we have seen thus far. To put it simply I'm finding it hard to believe that the movie will do the great homage that Bay and company have stated to the franchise when none of the images and plot summaries thus far have drawn upon the archtypes we know so well. Before I spend $10-$20 on a movie I like to know what I'm in for.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Maximus Prime » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 pm

The money changing hands part of that was not directed at you, I don't think, since that's not what you were saying. You just caught up in the quote.
Maximus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10419
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:40 pm

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm still having a hard time getting behind this movie. I have a friend e-mailing me a copy of the Prime Directive script so that and Ryan's opinion will go along way to helping me sort things out.


Why not just wait 138 days and oh ... go and see it for yourself and then decide? :???:


Because right now I don't want to put my money behind a product I don't support 100%.


See, I don't get this. It's going to cost you what, less than $20 and a few hours of your life. Seems a small price to pay to make up your own mind for yourself and not influenced by the opinions of others.

Oh and if you feel it's a big conspiracy with money changing hands, consider this.

Don't you think Don Murphy would have paid Ryan off following the Megatron incident instead of the full scale forum war that ensured? Wouldn't it have been easier to pay the webmasters off months ago to ensure negative criticism didn't appear on ANY of the major TF sites? Why would they wait to pay them off after seeing 20-30 mins of footage when the damage is obviously already done? ;;)


I most certainly do NOT believe that it is a conspiracy at all and am quite sickened by the baseless and unfounded accusations leveled against Ryan. What is the source of the conflict in my mind is the contradiction between what we have been told by those who have made the movie and what we have seen thus far. To put it simply I'm finding it hard to believe that the movie will do the great homage that Bay and company have stated to the franchise when none of the images and plot summaries thus far have drawn upon the archtypes we know so well. Before I spend $10-$20 on a movie I like to know what I'm in for.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 pm

Yeah sorry about that chuckdawg. The conspiracy stuff wasn't aimed at you. Bad wording on my part. It was aimed at those who believe there is a conspiracy that money was exchanged.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38554
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Burn wrote:Yeah sorry about that chuckdawg. The conspiracy stuff wasn't aimed at you. Bad wording on my part. It was aimed at those who believe there is a conspiracy that money was exchanged.


That's ok; no harm no foul. Ya know I had a thought; way back in 1984 Transformers was based on a toy line that was never meant to be a cartoon, let alone a cartoon about sentient robots. Perhaps the way we are seeing the TF's now is how the folks at Marvel and maybe Hasbro/Takara first envisioned them before it was decided to go the Diaclone route?
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
OMFG@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER GOING TO GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THE SECOND TIME. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP IN MY OWN BED SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Marcus Rush » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Seibertron wrote:OMFG@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER GOING TO GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THE SECOND TIME. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP IN MY OWN BED SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


New York buried again I imagine. So sorry to hear that. At least you don't have to worry about flooding...
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9112
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Seibertron wrote:OMFG@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER GOING TO GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THE SECOND TIME. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP IN MY OWN BED SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok, I'm done. Better that you're safe on the ground then in jepordy in the air. I have a feeling your "review" of Toyfair will be 5% about Toyfair, and 95% on how shite your trip home was. (if you ever get home)

PS, I also understand if I get banned for life when you get home after laughing at your mis-fortunes.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Maximus Prime » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:42 pm

I'm having flashbacks of the "New York vs. Homer Simpson" episode....
Maximus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10419
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:40 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Maximus Prime wrote:I'm having flashbacks of the "New York vs. Homer Simpson" episode....


Hahaha, no bowl...stick, STICK! Enjoy your crab juice Boss!
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Stormrider » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:22 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Seibertron wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Phategod1 wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Leonardo wrote:^You're both correct, or you could have "black comedy" or "dark comedy".
Aren't the Madea movies "black comedy"? :???: :P


That what I thought. Now i havent hit up the ole wiki or nothing but I thought a dark Comedy is comedy with Dark serious tone throughout the move I.E Grosse Point Blank. A Black Comedy, is Comedy with Black Stars I.E. "Friday". But I could be wrong.


There's a possibility that that's what "black comedy" is in the States, but over here "black comedy" refers to the same thing as "dark comedy", i.e; a farce about trying to dispose of a corpse would be black comedy, regardless of the ethnicity of the performers.

EDIT: As Yeti remarks, above.

Of course, that's the traditional view. It may be that colloquially, in the States at least, the definition has changed in recent decades.


I don't care what sort of comedy it is so long as is funny comedy. A dog pissing up Ironhides leg isn't comedy, it's bloody pathetic.

Yours AK


Review Update: The comedy in the movie seems to be along the lines of the humor in Independence Day. If you didn't like the humor in that movie, then I don't know what to tell you.


This has been my fear... :cry:
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8609
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Phategod1 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:53 am

RYAN Catch the Freaking Bus man There must be a peterpan leaving every hour.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby peagreenbot » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:35 am

:-( Ooohh, I think Independence Day is Godawful... :-(

Still, what year did it come out? 1996? I was only thirteen and I quite liked it at the time.

I shouldn't be surprised in the slightest that this film is aimed at thirteen-year-olds today.

Ah well, there's always Spider-man 3 to look forward to!!
peagreenbot
Mini-Con
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:16 am

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:48 am

Ryan this is starting to sound like Planes,Trains and Automobiles
Image
User avatar
Wheeljack35
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8646
News Credits: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Leonardo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 am

I can't remember the comedy in ID4 but I agree with AK. This sounds a touch juvenile and sophomoric.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:24 am

Seibertron wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Phategod1 wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Leonardo wrote:^You're both correct, or you could have "black comedy" or "dark comedy".
Aren't the Madea movies "black comedy"? :???: :P


That what I thought. Now i havent hit up the ole wiki or nothing but I thought a dark Comedy is comedy with Dark serious tone throughout the move I.E Grosse Point Blank. A Black Comedy, is Comedy with Black Stars I.E. "Friday". But I could be wrong.


There's a possibility that that's what "black comedy" is in the States, but over here "black comedy" refers to the same thing as "dark comedy", i.e; a farce about trying to dispose of a corpse would be black comedy, regardless of the ethnicity of the performers.

EDIT: As Yeti remarks, above.

Of course, that's the traditional view. It may be that colloquially, in the States at least, the definition has changed in recent decades.


I don't care what sort of comedy it is so long as is funny comedy. A dog pissing up Ironhides leg isn't comedy, it's bloody pathetic.

Yours AK


Review Update: The comedy in the movie seems to be along the lines of the humor in Independence Day. If you didn't like the humor in that movie, then I don't know what to tell you. ID4 is one of my favorite movies.


Well that's just the icing on my 'I told you so' cake. Ever since I heard Bay was making the movie, that he was portraying the US Military in a positive way, and saw the trailers full of huge epic action, guys in the Penagon and grunts in the desert, I've been sure this moive will simply be Independace day with Giant Robots. I didn't really like Independance day, and comedy certanly wasn't one of its strong points. Plus as a non-american I found it down right offensive. Looks like this movie is just more of the same action packed, one-liner, unfunny, overly patriotic crap Hollywood just loves to churn out every summer, only this time it's thinly disguised as Transformers. I personally think the Transformers mythology is worthy much more than that. Im seriously reconcidering even going to see this movie now.

Hope you get home soon Ryan.

Yours AK
Image
Alex Kingdom
Banned
Posts: 12258
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:16 am

Postby Burn » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:31 am

Alex Kingdom wrote:Well that's just the icing on my 'I told you so' cake.


Oh good, it has icing now. It'll make it easier for you to swallow when I feed it to you in a few months. :P
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38554
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:42 am

Burn wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:Well that's just the icing on my 'I told you so' cake.


Oh good, it has icing now. It'll make it easier for you to swallow when I feed it to you in a few months. :P


Hey, I'll happily eat my words if I'm proven wrong, in fact I'd love to be proven wrong! But c'mon! Look at the evidence, I'm pretty certain (and disapointed) that there'll sadly be no cake for me on July 4th. :sad:

Yours AK
Image
Alex Kingdom
Banned
Posts: 12258
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:16 am

Postby Leonardo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 am

Can anyone remind me what jokes/gags/humour were in ID4?
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014