Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

show you Movie Ratchet Automorph

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby Maximal Prime » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:36 pm

Motto: "One shall stand...One shall fall."
Seibertron wrote:Oh, let me tell you how many figures I own now that I could care less about but I bought them so that I could create galleries to share with all of you.



I know man. And as a fan, I thank you ;)^
Die-cast contruction. It's a lost art.
User avatar
Maximal Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:47 am
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Buy from Maximal Prime on eBay

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
polymorphic wrote:Since the original image/animation/whatever is not available, I just have to comment on the 2 images Seibertron posted about SS's Automorph thingy: Holy crap, Starscream is the most ridiculous, st00pid, ugliest, ******, misshapen piece of cheap plastic I've ever seen!!!! That thing makes me ashamed to be a TF fan.


Usings zeros in place of regular o's should make you ashamed of yourself. Period.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6294
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby polymorphic » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:08 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
polymorphic wrote:Since the original image/animation/whatever is not available, I just have to comment on the 2 images Seibertron posted about SS's Automorph thingy: Holy crap, Starscream is the most ridiculous, st00pid, ugliest, ******, misshapen piece of cheap plastic I've ever seen!!!! That thing makes me ashamed to be a TF fan.


Usings zeros in place of regular o's should make you ashamed of yourself. Period.


S0rry. I th0ught it w0uld cause me t0 c0me acr0ss as L337 h4x0r, but, alas, I am ashamed 0f myself. Thanks f0r sh0wing me the err0r in my ways.
polymorphic
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:02 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
polymorphic wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
polymorphic wrote:Since the original image/animation/whatever is not available, I just have to comment on the 2 images Seibertron posted about SS's Automorph thingy: Holy crap, Starscream is the most ridiculous, st00pid, ugliest, ******, misshapen piece of cheap plastic I've ever seen!!!! That thing makes me ashamed to be a TF fan.


Usings zeros in place of regular o's should make you ashamed of yourself. Period.


S0rry. I th0ught it w0uld cause me t0 c0me acr0ss as L337 h4x0r, but, alas, I am ashamed 0f myself. Thanks f0r sh0wing me the err0r in my ways.


I have no clue what you just said... are you coming on to me? :lol:
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6294
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Flashwave » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Im slightly confused, and unwilling to wade through all this nagging. This is parts sliding like Primus's chest and shoulders did? just more of an autmatic instead of tearing up your hands in pushing the Omega Lock?
Last edited by Flashwave on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3762
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Menbailee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:52 pm

I guess I misunderstood Automorphing and understood it as being electronic on the better figures, which seriously would be a step up from Beast Wars basics. Depending on execution, possibly a very big step up. If it's just interconnection of parts, I'm not as impressed, but nevertheless, if it's executed in such a way that practically every part moves some other part, that would be impressive.
Menbailee
Combiner
Posts: 429
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:35 pm

Postby polymorphic » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
polymorphic wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
polymorphic wrote:Since the original image/animation/whatever is not available, I just have to comment on the 2 images Seibertron posted about SS's Automorph thingy: Holy crap, Starscream is the most ridiculous, st00pid, ugliest, ******, misshapen piece of cheap plastic I've ever seen!!!! That thing makes me ashamed to be a TF fan.


Usings zeros in place of regular o's should make you ashamed of yourself. Period.


S0rry. I th0ught it w0uld cause me t0 c0me acr0ss as L337 h4x0r, but, alas, I am ashamed 0f myself. Thanks f0r sh0wing me the err0r in my ways.


I have no clue what you just said... are you coming on to me? :lol:


I dunno. Do you look like Arcee or Bay's Starscream? :-?
polymorphic
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:02 pm

Postby Ultra Magnus » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:23 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
I just want to see the damned animation. How did NO ONE host this??? Send it to me and I'LL host it!
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Image
User avatar
Ultra Magnus
Brainmaster
Posts: 1295
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:03 pm
Location: Chicago, Il
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Ultra Magnus wrote:I just want to see the damned animation. How did NO ONE host this??? Send it to me and I'LL host it!


It seriously wasn't anything special. I would have snagged the image if it actually really showed anything, but it didn't. It basically looked like a close up of a lever moving up and down.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23454
News Credits: 767
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Flashwave wrote:Im slightly confused, and unwilling to wade through all this nagging. This is parts sliding like Primus's chest and shoulders did? just more of an autmatic instead of tearing up your hands in pushing the Omega Lock?


Yes, and it's just one section of parts. On Starscream, it's his chest and upper shoulder area. That's it.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23454
News Credits: 767
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:33 pm

Well, since I can't see it, I guess I'll have to go on what I've seen from Ryan's gallery & what I've heard. The gimmick dosen't seem all that great. It sounds like they put in a near-worthless gimmick just so they could slap "hey, gimmick! look!" on the side of the package. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't stores like Wal-mart anymore have hasbro come up with some kind of gimmick for no other reason than to say that this year's line of toys is completely different than last year's, therefore giving little billy a justifiable reason for his soccer mom to buy him another toy?
You know, kinda like how all the Sigma 6 Commando figures now have a pointless LED light in the package. They've come up with better gimmicks in the past. & aside from the general design of it, there would also be the possible problem of it not working properly, making a TF with lop-sided features.

You know, one thing I think would make a neat gimmick would be heat-sensitive battle damage. Just have certain panels & such on the TFs that when you touch it, it changes color & looks like it has some carbon scoring on it. I've seen it on one of my daughter's littlest pet shop toys to make a sick gecko have spots that come & go....& it's a neat little feature that would be great for making a TF that didn't have to be designed to work around a mechanical gimmick.....

....but that's just me.

Anyway, gimmick or otherwise, I'll be getting probably at least 1 figure per character, so wether you consider my opinion negative or not, I'll still be funding said gimmick for those that just really like it.


But as far as people complaining....I know it seems disheartening at times, but as far as I can tell, complaining as a whole has done nothing but make for stronger lines, & better & more detailed TF's, & more of the characters we care about. I mean, somewhere down the line, somebody complained that there never was a figure for Unicron made....& now we have one (or should I say 2?). People complained that they didn't have any Combiners since G1, & they made 3 new ones for Energon. Some one complained that there never has been a version of Prime that transformed that looked show-accurate in robot mode, & now we have the 20th Prime. Some one complained that they never made a decent homage to both G1 Skyfire & Jetfire, & now we have the perfection of the Classics version. Some people complained about slapping a Ravage head on Tracks's body, & now they're making the Jaguar version of him. People complained that they weren't making toys of the War Within designs, & now we have some via the Titanium series, with more to come. Sure, none of the examples have gone without complaint, but with each valid complaint came a better and more awsome figure.

Anyway, there's my 35 cents.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby brashercr » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:40 pm

Er....AK's kinda right. Even G1 Hound had this feature. Swing his front tires back during transformation and his iddle biddie arms popped out. Kinda too bad he didn't have a storage compartment for all the extra crap you had to leave off in robot mode (gas can, spare tire, 50 Cal.).
brashercr

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm

Maximal Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Oh, let me tell you how many figures I own now that I could care less about but I bought them so that I could create galleries to share with all of you.



I know man. And as a fan, I thank you ;)^


Me Too :grin:

As for the topic, I refer to my previous statment, and hope for some cool toy gimmicks to come out of all this. But until, I see it for myself, I reserve judgement.

As for my reason in quoting this, well Terorgator is one of my favorite Beast Wars figures. He never made it to the show, and died out with the rest of the Fuzors who didn't make the show. Nobody gave him a chance, but I think he offers great posability and has cool weapons. Still he's shunned as a joke.

The point, one man's trash is another's treasure, or for better words, to each their own, so give it a try.
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6738
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Postby RogueDeathangel » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm

Seems cool.
That pic of Starscreams "automorphing" actually looks pretty b!tchin, kinda like some of the cyber-key stuff, but without the weapons...
RogueDeathangel
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Postby Autobobby1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:00 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Another Movie thread in ruins...alas.

Either way, this is a great gimmick. No stupid keys or Mini-Cons, but something that isn't very noticable. Subtle. Okay, maybe not subtle. But still, it's obvious that the movie will not revolve around their special function used when they transform, so no worries. Cybertron, Energon, and Armada season 1 went down in quality because the gimmick was the show's basis.

Sounds cool to me. I just want a Bumblebee now!
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
User avatar
Autobobby1
City Commander
Posts: 3253
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby FlameStrike » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:Well, since I can't see it, I guess I'll have to go on what I've seen from Ryan's gallery & what I've heard.


Yeah, what happened to the link?
FlameStrike
Fuzor
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:27 am

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Autobobby1 wrote:Another Movie thread in ruins...alas.

Either way, this is a great gimmick. No stupid keys or Mini-Cons, but something that isn't very noticable. Subtle. Okay, maybe not subtle. But still, it's obvious that the movie will not revolve around their special function used when they transform, so no worries. Cybertron, Energon, and Armada season 1 went down in quality because the gimmick was the show's basis.

Sounds cool to me. I just want a Bumblebee now!
That would be the shows' writers fault, not Hasbro's. Beast Wars was full of gimmicks (mutant heads, transmetal, fuzors), & the story did not suffer from it, because they did not make it the focus of every last episode....in fact the underlying story was just about always about the golden disks & the Vok, neither of which were toy gimmicks.

The Unicron trillogy simply suffered from having Japanese writers that were trying to do nothing more than make 20 min toy commercials, & a dubbing company that cared even less.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Gaijin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 am

Go! Go! Automorphing Rangers!
Gaijin
Minibot
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:11 am

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Is the clip going to be reposted?
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4752
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby TheMuffin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:26 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Honestly I love this gimmick. And I don't really connect this with the old flipformers. With those you flipped a lever and the ass end or head would flip over to make the chest. These seem to be much more involved containing at least 3 or 4 pieces in each occurrence. It honestly gives the same look as the transformations in the movie where the single piece splits up into a bunch of sections.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11048
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm concerned about the durability of the automorph technology. If the levers and gears are made of plastic then over time they may develop stress marks. With that said I kinda like the idea since I've always felt that Transformers that transformed themselves made sense. Think of the cartoon, you never saw a pair of giant hands coming out of the sky to help Optimus Prime transform did you?
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3544
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby FlameStrike » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Think of the cartoon, you never saw a pair of giant hands coming out of the sky to help Optimus Prime transform did you?


No, they came out of a billboard and forced Blaster to transform.
FlameStrike
Fuzor
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:27 am

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:50 am

FlameStrike wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Think of the cartoon, you never saw a pair of giant hands coming out of the sky to help Optimus Prime transform did you?


No, they came out of a billboard and forced Blaster to transform.
There was also the episode where they landed in an alien kid's bedroom, & he played with them like toys untill he found out they weren't.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:33 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:
FlameStrike wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Think of the cartoon, you never saw a pair of giant hands coming out of the sky to help Optimus Prime transform did you?


No, they came out of a billboard and forced Blaster to transform.
There was also the episode where they landed in an alien kid's bedroom, & he played with them like toys untill he found out they weren't.


Ahh yes "Childs Play" a real gem from the G1 era. I guess I was wrong. :grin:
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3544
News Credits: 54
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
FlameStrike wrote:
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:Well, since I can't see it, I guess I'll have to go on what I've seen from Ryan's gallery & what I've heard.


Yeah, what happened to the link?


Just for the record ... I can't even tell what or where the Automorph feature is on Ratchet. So like I said early on in this thread, we're all arguing/complaining for nothing. I've transformed this thing 3 times now and the only thing I can see on the figure that is even close to an "automorph" feature is this thing that automatically happens when you fold his feet down. The knee cap slides up and, interestingly enough, the inner parts of his legs where the calf muscle would be on a human, "bulges" out. It's pretty cool ... but certainly nothing to complain about for 6 pages. The "automorph" feature is more prominent on the Starscream figure when the front of the jet "explodes" into the form that it takes on his chest.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23454
News Credits: 767
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014