Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby gbm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 am

gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
The Commemorative Side Swipe is a reissue from 2005, and the other is the original from 1984.

The commemorative hardly made it to the U.S, which made it exclusive to Australia and Canada. The only difference on the toy is that his spring-loaded launcher was de-sprung.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 am

PrymeStriker wrote:The Commemorative Side Swipe is a reissue from 2005, and the other is the original from 1984.


Both listings show the Hasbro Reissue box in the pictures, and both are listed in the "Reissue Transformers" section.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail is listed under "Reissue Transformers > Japanese Reissues"

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... de=vintage is listed under "Reissue Transformers > Hasbro Commemorative"

Neither appears to be an original from 1984. Unless BBTS screwed up the listings AND the images.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4769
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Bleh. Didn't look at the image on "Sideswipe." :oops:

One says "Asian-market Hasbro 2011 Reissue" and the other doesn't. Perhaps the other one is a release elsewhere? I spot that the "warning" labels are different colors, too.

It's weird that they're different prices, though. If you're looking to buy one, grab the cheapest. :shock:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby gbm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 am

GuyIncognito wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:The Commemorative Side Swipe is a reissue from 2005, and the other is the original from 1984.


Both listings show the Hasbro Reissue box in the pictures, and both are listed in the "Reissue Transformers" section.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail is listed under "Reissue Transformers > Japanese Reissues"

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... de=vintage is listed under "Reissue Transformers > Hasbro Commemorative"

Neither appears to be an original from 1984. Unless BBTS screwed up the listings AND the images.



yeah, that's what I'm sayin. It was a bit confusing to me. I thought one was used perhaps?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I figured it out. :BOOM:

I mentioned earlier that one of them said "Asian-market Hasbro 2011 Reissue" in the description. 2011? The Commemorative Sideswipe was reissued in 2004/2005. Then I remembered: Hasbro released reissues of Rodimus & Sideswipe to the Asian-market in 2011.

So here's the difference: one is from 2004 and the other is from 2011. The older one is more expensive.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5440
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby Overcracker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Other than the fact one is from 2004 and the other one is from 2011. One is pre-owned while the other one is a retail version.

That is the Asian exclusive came from Hasbro, the other 2004 version likely from a collector even though it's sealed, it was in somebody's house and it was sold to BBTS by a person rather than coming straight from Hasbro.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Sideswipe vs Sideswipe

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 pm

2005 is the Toys R Us Commemorative Reissue
2011 is the same figure released with Rodimus to the Asian Market. Don't ask...

Also, be wary of the images on that particular page of BBTS. they've listed Hasbro Commemorative Series Magnus as in stock and the photo shows extended smoke stacks, we all know that's a big no-no at Hasbro.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Breakdown 2099


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014