Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:26 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Va'al wrote:Don't we technically help Hasbro and Takara (and IDW) make money, as we essentially give them free advertising for their products? :-?

Sure, the site makes some money from its ads, but they're mostly from retailers, and not manufacturing companies.

Edit: Hang on, just re-read stuff, let me get this straight.

You're complaining that children are not raised according to standards (or atandarfs, if you're me) that you had in your time, and the blame goes to he current generation of parents, right?

But you don't want to raise a child yourself, because you don't want them to conform to society as it stands right now, correct?

Yep you got it correct. If letting my kid enjoy life as I did would get me thrown in jail, then screw having a kid. Not to mention babys mamas are scandalous. Child court aint nothing to play with. They are biased against men. Ive seen some good men lose it all over a deceitful woman. Not to mention it give me more money to finance my hobbies. I dont gotta come on here and **** about a figure being 30 bucks to high because I have to buy diapers. So yeah, I got my reasons. You dont have to agree with them, but you gotta respect them at least...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 am

Rated X wrote:And exactly how do you think NBC won the bid for a superbowl contract ? Chucky Cheese tokens ??? They fronted NFL the most money to win the contract. Same thing with Wrestlemania. You gotta pay Vince thousands if you want to show his pay per views in a sports bar. You aint gonna make ten thousand on drinks by using his IP unless you give him a cut. He screens addresses that order pay per views and sues violators all the time.


You can't compare them.

The NFL is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT organisation. The WWE is a publicly listed company.

btw, feel free to provide evidence that the WWE actually does sue violators "all the time".

So time for you to stop playing dumb and answer the question


No, how about you stop twisting things around and avoiding things and answer MY question.

Can you honestly sit there and sprout off to EVERYONE that a TV station is a third party company if they run an advertisement for Walmart selling Transformers?


Do you think its ethical for this website to profit off of the use of Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut ?


Ryan is NOT profiting off Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut.

He's profiting off RETAILERS WHO ARE GIVING HASBRO THEIR PROFITS.

It's the exact same scenario as a bricks and mortar store utilising TV, Print, Internet, Radio ... whatever medium they wish to utilise to promote their goods.

You truly have no argument here. Just give it up already, or, instead of running this site down because of it's "ethics", have the decency to throw in every other advertising outlet that does the exact same thing.

Oh and I should also point out, seeing as Hasbro only sells to the public via it's own website, the majority of their sellers will come from retailers. So do you also have a problem with the "ethics" of those retailers marking up Hasbro products? 'cause you know, only a percentage of what they sell the products for goes back into Hasbro's coffers.

mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 am

Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:I liked his rant about how I was wrong comparing Seibertron.com selling advertising space makes them a 3rd party -vs- a TV station doing the same thing but they're not a 3rd party.

Oh wait, that never happened 'cause he chose not to respond to it.

Superbowl commercials make the NFL millions. How much money does seibertron.com's advertisments make Hasbro ??? (crickets chirping) Suddenly all the talk about ethics gets flushed down the toilet... So whats in your wallet ???


Do you do Yoga? Gymnastics? Seriously, you must be pretty flexible the way you stretch and twist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE NFL

You bring up a ANNUAL event. I'm talking about every day retailers who sell Transformers.

Can you honestly sit there and sprout off to EVERYONE that a TV station is a third party company if they run an advertisement for Walmart selling Transformers?

Can you do that?

As for what's in my wallet ... well ... why is that any of your concern?

-edit-
Actually njb brings up a good point. Can you PROVE the NFL makes money from the super bowl advertising? Because a quick read seems to suggest it's NBC that rakes in all that money.

-Second edit-
Whoops, he's wrong again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And exactly how do you think NBC won the bid for a superbowl contract ? Chucky Cheese tokens ??? They fronted NFL the most money to win the contract. Same thing with Wrestlemania. You gotta pay Vince thousands if you want to show his pay per views in a sports bar. You aint gonna make ten thousand on drinks by using his IP unless you give him a cut. He screens addresses that order pay per views and sues violators all the time. So time for you to stop playing dumb and answer the question Ive been suggesting all along. Do you think its ethical for this website to profit off of the use of Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut ? If you say yes, its cool no shame to your game. But dont cry foul when 3rd parties do the same thing through different means. You aint fooling nobody when you preach ethics. If you get paid for your services to this site, would you consider donating a portion to Hasbro ?



1.You do know businesses(US businesses anyways) don't have regularly priced cable/satilite to begin with right?

2. OTA television is a whole different animal from pay TV.

3. You specifically mentioned the add spots revenue,why would anyone think you're talking about the TV rights themselves?

4. What do you understand about ethics?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:37 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Burn wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...


=O
Looking for:
Black Big Convoy
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)

for Trade:
MISB FE Arcee
MISB RTS G2 Laser Prime
MISB Generation WFC Megatron


Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 2349
News Credits: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:38 am

mooncake623 wrote:
Burn wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...


=O

It does take 4 hours to play an hour game.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 am

njb902 wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
Burn wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...


=O

It does take 4 hours to play an hour game.


Exactly!

Plus all that paddding.

Watch a Rugby Union/League match and you'll understand. Image
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:And exactly how do you think NBC won the bid for a superbowl contract ? Chucky Cheese tokens ??? They fronted NFL the most money to win the contract. Same thing with Wrestlemania. You gotta pay Vince thousands if you want to show his pay per views in a sports bar. You aint gonna make ten thousand on drinks by using his IP unless you give him a cut. He screens addresses that order pay per views and sues violators all the time.


You can't compare them.

The NFL is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT organisation. The WWE is a publicly listed company.

btw, feel free to provide evidence that the WWE actually does sue violators "all the time".

So time for you to stop playing dumb and answer the question


No, how about you stop twisting things around and avoiding things and answer MY question.

Can you honestly sit there and sprout off to EVERYONE that a TV station is a third party company if they run an advertisement for Walmart selling Transformers?


Do you think its ethical for this website to profit off of the use of Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut ?


Ryan is NOT profiting off Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut.

He's profiting off RETAILERS WHO ARE GIVING HASBRO THEIR PROFITS.

It's the exact same scenario as a bricks and mortar store utilising TV, Print, Internet, Radio ... whatever medium they wish to utilise to promote their goods.

You truly have no argument here. Just give it up already, or, instead of running this site down because of it's "ethics", have the decency to throw in every other advertising outlet that does the exact same thing.

Oh and I should also point out, seeing as Hasbro only sells to the public via it's own website, the majority of their sellers will come from retailers. So do you also have a problem with the "ethics" of those retailers marking up Hasbro products? 'cause you know, only a percentage of what they sell the products for goes back into Hasbro's coffers.

mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...

Well I actually asked the owner of a bar that plays UFC events why they dont do WWE. He said it costs too much. They want to charge you based on the square footage of your establishment which is crazy money. He said UFC only charges about 800 a pay pew view for any address with a liquor license, which is a much better deal. On you TV station question, why do you think I brought up the superbowl in the first place ? Its the biggest TV event of the year. I dunno anything about the NFL being a non profit organization. Those tickets arent free last time I checked. Not to mention players getting a 100,000 dollar fines for wearing an unauthorized endorsment or posting something offensive on twitter. That sounds like a profit making enterprise to me. As I have stated before, you dont have a license to use Hasbro IP to turn a profit in any form. TV stations have a license for everything they play. They pay producers to make hot series so companies will pay to advertise during commercial breaks. So yes, everything on TV is paid for in advance because advertisement brings customers which makes money. Did I mention its all licensed ? (lol) Now on to fan sites. They dont have a license from Hasbro to make profit from advertisers during their "show" (namely thansformers propaganda) So until you get a license to profit from using Hasbro IP (Michael Bay has one) you are no better than a 3rd party company cashing in on the Transformers bandwagon. I hope youre enjoying some of those profits because you are very dedicated to this site and its stances. Loyalties rhymes with royalties...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:13 am

Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:And exactly how do you think NBC won the bid for a superbowl contract ? Chucky Cheese tokens ??? They fronted NFL the most money to win the contract. Same thing with Wrestlemania. You gotta pay Vince thousands if you want to show his pay per views in a sports bar. You aint gonna make ten thousand on drinks by using his IP unless you give him a cut. He screens addresses that order pay per views and sues violators all the time.


You can't compare them.

The NFL is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT organisation. The WWE is a publicly listed company.

btw, feel free to provide evidence that the WWE actually does sue violators "all the time".

So time for you to stop playing dumb and answer the question


No, how about you stop twisting things around and avoiding things and answer MY question.

Can you honestly sit there and sprout off to EVERYONE that a TV station is a third party company if they run an advertisement for Walmart selling Transformers?


Do you think its ethical for this website to profit off of the use of Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut ?


Ryan is NOT profiting off Hasbro's IP without giving them a cut.

He's profiting off RETAILERS WHO ARE GIVING HASBRO THEIR PROFITS.

It's the exact same scenario as a bricks and mortar store utilising TV, Print, Internet, Radio ... whatever medium they wish to utilise to promote their goods.

You truly have no argument here. Just give it up already, or, instead of running this site down because of it's "ethics", have the decency to throw in every other advertising outlet that does the exact same thing.

Oh and I should also point out, seeing as Hasbro only sells to the public via it's own website, the majority of their sellers will come from retailers. So do you also have a problem with the "ethics" of those retailers marking up Hasbro products? 'cause you know, only a percentage of what they sell the products for goes back into Hasbro's coffers.

mooncake623 wrote:GUYS, GUYS!!!!! you got it all wrong! Superbowl is on Fox!! Make sure not to tune in to the wrong channel!! Come on 1,1 and 8,0!!!!

Tried watching it once to see what all the fuss was about.
It was boring ...

Well I actually asked the owner of a bar that plays UFC events why they dont do WWE. He said it costs too much. They want to charge you based on the square footage of your establishment which is crazy money. He said UFC only charges about 800 a pay pew view for any address with a liquor license, which is a much better deal. On you TV station question, why do you think I brought up the superbowl in the first place ? Its the biggest TV event of the year. I dunno anything about the NFL being a non profit organization. Those tickets arent free last time I checked. Not to mention players getting a 100,000 dollar fines for wearing an unauthorized endorsment or posting something offensive on twitter. That sounds like a profit making enterprise to me. As I have stated before, you dont have a license to use Hasbro IP to turn a profit in any form. TV stations have a license for everything they play. They pay producers to make hot series so companies will pay to advertise during commercial breaks. So yes, everything on TV is paid for in advance because advertisement brings customers which makes money. Did I mention its all licensed ? (lol) Now on to fan sites. They dont have a license from Hasbro to make profit from advertisers during their "show" (namely thansformers propaganda) So until you get a license to profit from using Hasbro IP (Michael Bay has one) you are no better than a 3rd party company cashing in on the Transformers bandwagon. I hope youre enjoying some of those profits because you are very dedicated to this site and its stances. Loyalties rhymes with royalties...


At the corporate level, the NFL is a nonprofit
501(c)(6) association. The NFL's executive
officer is the commissioner, who has broad
authority in governing the league.

X do you ever research anything before running your mouth?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:44 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Everything is for profit in one form or another. The corporate enchilon of the NFL isnt exactly flipping burgers on the off season. Whether it be stocks, endorsements or whatever, every suit in the office is rolling in dough generated off of something NFL. And no I dont google everything to look like a know it all before I post. Thats not my style.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:53 am

Rated X wrote:Everything is for profit in one form or another. The corporate enchilon of the NFL isnt exactly flipping burgers on the off season. Whether it be stocks, endorsements or whatever, every suit in the office is rolling in dough generated off of something NFL. And no I dont google everything to look like a know it all before I post. Thats not my style.


I know, for you ignorance is bliss. Myself, I like to know things. Plus what on earth did any of your little speech have to do with the NFL being a nonprofit? It's a easily verifiable fact.

Here I'll help you. This is the definition of a fact.

A fact (derived from the Latin factum , see
below) is something that has really occurred
or is actually the case. The usual test for a
statement of fact is verifiability, that is
whether it can be proven to correspond to
experience . Standard reference works are often
used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified
by repeatable experiments .
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
r those of you just coming on this thread,ill get back on topic by posing an interesting question: Should those who generate profit by using Hasbro IP without a license criticize 3rd parties for doing the same thing ? Should "unofficial" for profit fan sites question the ethics of Those who make "unofficial" toys For profit ? Isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 am

Rated X wrote:r those of you just coming on this thread,ill get back on topic by posing an interesting question: Should those who generate profit by using Hasbro IP without a license criticize 3rd parties for doing the same thing ? Should "unofficial" for profit fan sites question the ethics of Those who make "unofficial" toys For profit ? Isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black ?


No, the issues are unrelated. I'd explain it to you, but you don't like to know things.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:15 am

oh geez if we could use assumptions for electricity you just solved all our future energy problems. :lol:

Rated X wrote:Well I actually asked the owner of a bar that plays UFC events why they dont do WWE. He said it costs too much. They want to charge you based on the square footage of your establishment which is crazy money. He said UFC only charges about 800 a pay pew view for any address with a liquor license, which is a much better deal.


So that's a no on providing evidence that WWE is actively suing people for not paying them money.

On you TV station question, why do you think I brought up the superbowl in the first place ?


Because you like to divert the topic instead of admitting you were wrong.

I dunno anything about the NFL being a non profit organization.


Do your research. I even made it easy for you by providing a link in a previous comment on just how the NFL money floats around.

Those tickets arent free last time I checked. Not to mention players getting a 100,000 dollar fines for wearing an unauthorized endorsment or posting something offensive on twitter. That sounds like a profit making enterprise to me.


Again, read the link.

As I have stated before, you dont have a license to use Hasbro IP to turn a profit in any form. TV stations have a license for everything they play. They pay producers to make hot series so companies will pay to advertise during commercial breaks. So yes, everything on TV is paid for in advance because advertisement brings customers which makes money. Did I mention its all licensed ? (lol)


Twisting and stretching again. It must truly be awesome living in that fantasy world of yours where you know everything.

Pay attention. Ryan doesn't need a license. He's not making money from Hasbro IP. He's making money from retailers who are making money from IP.

Going by your reasoning, how exactly would a local newspaper pay Hasbro a license for running a Walmart ad? Please, PLEASE answer that one.

Now on to fan sites. They dont have a license from Hasbro to make profit from advertisers during their "show" (namely thansformers propaganda) So until you get a license to profit from using Hasbro IP (Michael Bay has one) you are no better than a 3rd party company cashing in on the Transformers bandwagon. I hope youre enjoying some of those profits because you are very dedicated to this site and its stances. Loyalties rhymes with royalties...


You know, aside from being so incredibly deluded, you are wrong on one single fact.

You keep saying stuff like "I hope you're enjoying some of those profits".

Here's a dose of reality for you, NO ONE ON STAFF RECEIVE ANY FORM OF REMUNERATION FOR WHAT WE DO ON THIS SITE.

Just out of curiosity, because you know everything, just how much revenue do you think this website generates from it's "unethical practices"?
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:16 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Everything is for profit in one form or another. The corporate enchilon of the NFL isnt exactly flipping burgers on the off season. Whether it be stocks, endorsements or whatever, every suit in the office is rolling in dough generated off of something NFL. And no I dont google everything to look like a know it all before I post. Thats not my style.


I know, for you ignorance is bliss. Myself, I like to know things. Plus what on earth did any of your little speech have to do with the NFL being a nonprofit? It's a easily verifiable fact.

Here I'll help you. This is the definition of a fact.

A fact (derived from the Latin factum , see
below) is something that has really occurred
or is actually the case. The usual test for a
statement of fact is verifiability, that is
whether it can be proven to correspond to
experience . Standard reference works are often
used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified
by repeatable experiments .

I can train a chimp to use google. That doesnt make you smart. It just makes you resourceful. Profit comes in many forms. If you dont make it officially, you can sure make it unofficially. A non profit designation makes a great tax exemption. Go see what stocks they own. Dont be suprised when you see its the teams and merchandise. Now thats profit...
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:17 am

Rated X wrote:r those of you just coming on this thread,ill get back on topic by posing an interesting question: Should those who generate profit by using Hasbro IP without a license criticize 3rd parties for doing the same thing ? Should "unofficial" for profit fan sites question the ethics of Those who make "unofficial" toys For profit ? Isnt that like the pot calling the kettle black ?


And how the heck is this "getting back on topic" when the original question was why is 3rd party news not posted on this site?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously ... you can't even get the original point of the topic right.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:20 am

Rated X wrote:I can train a chimp to use google.


So why not use it yourself?
Super Bowl 2014: Bonuses, Trademark Rights And Brand Value: What’s Really At Stake For The Players And The NFL?

READ IT

It tells you where all the money goes.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:25 am

Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Everything is for profit in one form or another. The corporate enchilon of the NFL isnt exactly flipping burgers on the off season. Whether it be stocks, endorsements or whatever, every suit in the office is rolling in dough generated off of something NFL. And no I dont google everything to look like a know it all before I post. Thats not my style.


I know, for you ignorance is bliss. Myself, I like to know things. Plus what on earth did any of your little speech have to do with the NFL being a nonprofit? It's a easily verifiable fact.

Here I'll help you. This is the definition of a fact.

A fact (derived from the Latin factum , see
below) is something that has really occurred
or is actually the case. The usual test for a
statement of fact is verifiability, that is
whether it can be proven to correspond to
experience . Standard reference works are often
used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified
by repeatable experiments .

I can train a chimp to use google. That doesnt make you smart. It just makes you resourceful. Profit comes in many forms. If you dont make it officially, you can sure make it unofficially. A non profit designation makes a great tax exemption. Go see what stocks they own. Dont be suprised when you see its the teams and merchandise. Now thats profit...


What part of your yammerings changes the FACT the NFL is a nonprofit?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:43 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:oh geez if we could use assumptions for electricity you just solved all our future energy problems. :lol:

Rated X wrote:Well I actually asked the owner of a bar that plays UFC events why they dont do WWE. He said it costs too much. They want to charge you based on the square footage of your establishment which is crazy money. He said UFC only charges about 800 a pay pew view for any address with a liquor license, which is a much better deal.


So that's a no on providing evidence that WWE is actively suing people for not paying them money.

On you TV station question, why do you think I brought up the superbowl in the first place ?


Because you like to divert the topic instead of admitting you were wrong.

I dunno anything about the NFL being a non profit organization.


Do your research. I even made it easy for you by providing a link in a previous comment on just how the NFL money floats around.

Those tickets arent free last time I checked. Not to mention players getting a 100,000 dollar fines for wearing an unauthorized endorsment or posting something offensive on twitter. That sounds like a profit making enterprise to me.


Again, read the link.

As I have stated before, you dont have a license to use Hasbro IP to turn a profit in any form. TV stations have a license for everything they play. They pay producers to make hot series so companies will pay to advertise during commercial breaks. So yes, everything on TV is paid for in advance because advertisement brings customers which makes money. Did I mention its all licensed ? (lol)


Twisting and stretching again. It must truly be awesome living in that fantasy world of yours where you know everything.

Pay attention. Ryan doesn't need a license. He's not making money from Hasbro IP. He's making money from retailers who are making money from IP.

Going by your reasoning, how exactly would a local newspaper pay Hasbro a license for running a Walmart ad? Please, PLEASE answer that one.

Now on to fan sites. They dont have a license from Hasbro to make profit from advertisers during their "show" (namely thansformers propaganda) So until you get a license to profit from using Hasbro IP (Michael Bay has one) you are no better than a 3rd party company cashing in on the Transformers bandwagon. I hope youre enjoying some of those profits because you are very dedicated to this site and its stances. Loyalties rhymes with royalties...


You know, aside from being so incredibly deluded, you are wrong on one single fact.

You keep saying stuff like "I hope you're enjoying some of those profits".

Here's a dose of reality for you, NO ONE ON STAFF RECEIVE ANY FORM OF REMUNERATION FOR WHAT WE DO ON THIS SITE.

Just out of curiosity, because you know everything, just how much revenue do you think this website generates from it's "unethical practices"?

I knew that all along. I just enjoyed getting you to admit youre working for free. I honestly have no idea how much this site generates in revenue through advertisements. I really dont like putting peoples business out there. But I was told by an insider that the site was doing well enough that Ryan was able to quit his day job. And im by no means knocking Ryan for being a savvy business man. I wish I could pull it off. Hats off to him. But then that brings me to you. Youre a mod right ? Youre supposed to be the muscle on this site right ? Imagine a nightclub where the bouncer works for free. He is good friends with the owner of the club, so he gets a little status. But every night he gets in scuffles and gets all banged up. His friend the owner is living nice making good money. But the bouncer isnt getting a dime for his efforts To keep the club safe. What's wrong with that picture ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 am

That being a volunteer mod on an Internet website isn't the same as being a volunteer bouncer. Plus what an asinine comparison.

Sorry I forgot.

asinine [ as -uh-nahyn ]
adjective
1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is
surprising that supposedly intelligent people can
make such asinine statements.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:01 am

Admitting I don't get paid? I had nothing to admit. You never asked. For the record, I also volunteer my time with the local community band as 1st Trumpet, Secretary, and PR guy, plus I'm treasure for the local Mini-Rail group. Oh and I work up to 44 hours a week on top of all that.

Just in case you were curious about the rest of my life. :wink:

But the fact that you've now twisted this into a discussion about whether I should be getting paid or not just demonstrates to me you are nothing but a instigator, you clearly have no respect for what other people say, even when they put factual evidence in front of you.

I'm not entering into any further discussion with you. Don't take this as me admitting defeat, far from it. You're just no longer worth my time in this thread, or any other thread.

I suggest everyone else do the same.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38245
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 am

Burn wrote:Admitting I don't get paid? I had nothing to admit. You never asked. For the record, I also volunteer my time with the local community band as 1st Trumpet, Secretary, and PR guy, plus I'm treasure for the local Mini-Rail group. Oh and I work up to 44 hours a week on top of all that.

Just in case you were curious about the rest of my life. :wink:

But the fact that you've now twisted this into a discussion about whether I should be getting paid or not just demonstrates to me you are nothing but a instigator, you clearly have no respect for what other people say, even when they put factual evidence in front of you.

I'm not entering into any further discussion with you. Don't take this as me admitting defeat, far from it. You're just no longer worth my time in this thread, or any other thread.

I suggest everyone else do the same.


I do believe you're right Burn.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Burn wrote:I'm not entering into any further discussion with you. Don't take this as me admitting defeat, far from it. You're just no longer worth my time in this thread, or any other thread.

I suggest everyone else do the same.


I did it years ago and my blood pressure is all the better for it.

Seriously, reading anything by him makes me act like Robert Vaughn in BASEketball(if you've seen it, you know the scenes I mean).
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1631
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:Admitting I don't get paid? I had nothing to admit. You never asked. For the record, I also volunteer my time with the local community band as 1st Trumpet, Secretary, and PR guy, plus I'm treasure for the local Mini-Rail group. Oh and I work up to 44 hours a week on top of all that.

Just in case you were curious about the rest of my life. :wink:

But the fact that you've now twisted this into a discussion about whether I should be getting paid or not just demonstrates to me you are nothing but a instigator, you clearly have no respect for what other people say, even when they put factual evidence in front of you.

I'm not entering into any further discussion with you. Don't take this as me admitting defeat, far from it. You're just no longer worth my time in this thread, or any other thread.

I suggest everyone else do the same.



Everything I said loosely fits the topic of this thread. It’s all about the site owner and his decision to denounce third parties by removing them from the front page. Am I wrong ?

From what I’ve read here, moving third parties back to the front page seems to be very popular among the news crew and some former mods. But Ryan says that’s not what’s best for business. So what I’m saying is how can you even have a “business” if everybody that keeps it afloat decides to resign?

I can tell you what would happen. Without a news crew, there would be no new news. Without news there would be no internet traffic on the site. Without internet traffic on the site, the sponsors wouldn’t feel they are getting their money’s worth and jump ship. No sponsors means no profit. No profit means the business shuts down and you know the rest.

So as a collective group, all you “volunteers” have a little more power than you think. If you really want to change things, (like the anti-3rd party stance) maybe it’s time you guys form a “Board of Directors” for the website. As a collective group, you guys can make or break the website. So it’s only fit that all of you be involved in the decision making process for the website.

If you guys really want to put an end to the anti-3rd party stance and bring them back to the front page, make Ryan an offer he can’t refuse. I would like to think of myself not as being an instigator, but rather as someone providing a proactive solution to the problem. How can you have a website that claims to take a stance, when the news crew is always posting that they don’t agree with that stance? It shows no unity, just dissention. And it doesn’t take a “Rated X” to figure it out. Everybody reads the news crew’s posts and is well aware the dissention exists among the staff. And 3 well known mods resigning all at the same time doesn’t look so great either. Maybe they had personal reasons. That is their business. But if they’re not talking, what do you expect the regular site visitors like me to think? You guys really need to be on the same page. The 3rd party section has become nothing more than a hangout for people who don’t agree with Ryan’s decision. If you look at the people who post on the front page articles, it’s a totally different group. You don’t see certain mods/news crew posting on the 3rd party section. And a few of them rarely post on the front page because they don’t give a crap about Kreo, Bot Shots, Constructobots, etc. How many times were Linkin Park, Hockey Jerseys, and Stan Bush the butt of all jokes and not one mod came to save the thread? They were all too busy in the 3rd party section denouncing the same 3rd parties companies the news crew was glorifying.

I hope you don’t take my constructive criticism too harshly. I just call it like I see it. This site has the potenttial to be way better than TFW2005. But first it has to undergo a few changes that need to start from the top and trickle down.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5755
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Amelie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 am

Motto: "Today's yummy biscuits are just tomorrows crumbs."
Weapon: No Weapon
Burn wrote:3rd party stuff are NOT Transformers. If you were to front page 3rd party stuff then you may as well front page Robotech, Gundam, and any news relating to franchises that have transforming robots/mecha in them.

It's that simple.


Beat me to it. Its a Transformers online fanzine, rather than a generic transforming robots site.

3rd Party Transformers are the Dōjinshi of Transformers toys - they are unofficial and therefore not actual Transformers toys.

Wonderfest figures are an excellent example of what should be put up as official news. True, Wonderfest often contains garage-kits, but these have been given some form of official sanction by Takara and therefore are 'official' and 'newsworthy'.

As for ethics on 3rd party figures? There are none, provided genuine Intellectual Property hasn't been stolen (AKA bootlegs).

Ethics on advertising? If sites like Seibertron, Allspark, TW2005 didn't advertise Transformers goods, especially those that are online store web-exclusives like Piranacon, then Hasbro wouldn't earn any profit at all. Hasbro needs stores to give the proverbial shout out "we are selling x,y,z toys". I can remember dark, dark times when Seibertron.com would go through massive site crashes, frequent server swaps with Ryan [literally] losing sleep over covering the costs of the site - I'm glad for the advertisements as it pays for Seibertron.com to exist and it gives me a place to chat about one of my hobbies and a social network for it. Sites like this are good for business - Hasbro gets free advertising, toy stores get to show off wares and fans (the whole point of this site) have an excellent community and resource to check out.

There is a word for people that are ethically 'outraged' but carry on using the service they apparently abhor - a hypocrite.
User avatar
Amelie
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5195
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Re: So why does seibertron hate 3rd parties ?

Postby Susha » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 am

As I slowly get to know the community (and read everybody elses photocomic) I stumbled upon this thread and ... felt compelled to read it and now to add something to the discussion.

1'st, let me thank Va'al for having added my photocomic several times to the creative roundup. I had no idea about the issues discussed in this topic, but Va'al posted me nonetheless, regardless of my photocomic portraying mostly 3p figures.

2ndly, tfw2005 is incredibly .."dispersive" in how it handles ... things. I, for one, am very glad about seibertron.com, since I have gotten into this hobby it has proved an AMAZING resource. And TO BE FAIR, if you've watched any tf toy reviews recently they all seem to be made by toy sellers who always seem to say
"you're gonna love this figure" (see youtube masterpiece acidstorm for an example), here we are not given judgement on toys (the community here does that) but news about them.

AND... why does seibertron hate 3p? Nonsense... i remember november or december the fansproject ice age retrodinobots were out, and they made 1st page news.. on this very website...

AND ... the toys shop newsletters posted regularly often have HUGE pics of 3p... and the adds of the same stores a few inches on the right often portray 3p toys...
its not like your gonna miss a 3p release if u read only seibertron.com and not tfw2005...


btw Va'al ill be adding some official retro tf figures in a couple of episodes... (couple months at this rate..)


besides.. how is it seibertrons fault if the market is changing? Why troll them when who you really want to troll is hasbro?
Yes, im disenammored with hasbro products, (masterpieces included (just too big)) and yes I'm fed up with semi g1 looking figures. and it took me a couple days to digest that they'd rather sell to children than to 30 year olds... (duh.. but not even ethically wrong.... dont children deserve toys more than we do...??)

So what... we have 3p products now catering for tfg1 fans. I'm recently thinking of putting all my hopes in this new revoltech trend, but thats beside the point.
We want news about 3p products now, cos.. times have changed a bit. Seibertron has done a great service so far, don't rant at it cos it doesn't provide a new service you want, it does what it does well and we'll always be greatful for the help it provided hundreds/1000 fans (for free) as well as a space to discuss, trade and unite fans worldwide. will it adapt? will it not? I mean... are you gonna beat your wife cos she's not as beatifull as when she was younger?? no it makes no sense just like this last example.

in the end, there is only one thing we can say to these guys (cos the rest is their call)
thx for all the work you put in for all of us!
Image
User avatar
Susha
Micromaster
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014