Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak, Seibertron, Counterpunch

Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Covenant » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Now, please don't take this as an attack. Out of the three flicks, I really liked this one save a few things (most of them concerning poor mis-used Megatron, an issue continued from RotF).

My question is, in the original film, and expanded upon in the prequal comics, Megatron ended up on Earth chasing the Allspark after it was shot into space. In DotM, we're told Sentinel and Megatron made a deal to meet on Earth and enslave the species. Add the fact you have the RotF 'plotline' where Primes came to Earth hundreds or thousands of years ago to build a sun-sucking-destroying device they decided not to use, and I'm confused.

I've not been much into the novels and comic books since mid-way through the first film years back, so I'm not sure if this confuzzle of 'on Earth because' plots is explained.
Image
User avatar
Covenant
Combiner
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Surrounded by a Ring of Red
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Megatron and Sentinel where supposed to meet on Earth because of the Allspark.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3720
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Unfortunately I don't think the writers really gave a flip about what happened in the first two movies. The AllSpark wasn't even mentioned throughout the entire movie.
I think they just decided to go their own way.
One can assume that Sentinel and Megatron chose the moon because the All-Spark was close by, but there isn't actually conclusive evidence.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I think Megatron's plan was to use Earth's resources and people to rebuild Cybertron. Then when that was done use the Harvester to destroy the sun for energon. Since Sentinel was out of commission he went straight to phase 2. After that failed and he found a way to revive Sentinel he went back to his phase 1 plan.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Lastjustice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
My thoughts were the deal struck with Sentinel was the first of many plans Megatron had. Sentinel got shot down, and wasn't heard from again while Megatron was active.(he was frozen during the 60s so he had no chance to know that Sentinel's ship actually made it till he unthawed and had soem down time to access his resources between ROTF and DOTM.) So chances are that plan got pushed to the back burner till after all other plans with the Allspark and the Fallen went bust. Megatron probably was looking for a way use the space bridge technology, why he had the Decepticons capture the pillars, but nothing came thru till he rsaw Optimus could revive Sentinel with the Matrix of Leadership. Seeing the potential for this plan to be revisited he put it into motion.

Megatron likely did plan meet Sentinel but nothing either of them had envisioned went according to plan.Sentinel was shot down(only Megatron knew about the plan. Starscream ahd no clue till Megatron told him at the Lincoln memorial.), The Allspark was launched into space, and he was frozen.

So i dont take it as this film contradicts the others really. Other than Why heck 200 plus decepticons waited till now to attack earth when there was two major battles. I'd liked it better if the army that showed up was at some remote location in space awaiting orders that was space bridged in rather than just chilling on the moon. There's some minor conflicts in the story, but if you just take each movie as stand alone episode like G1 , then it's cool by itself.(like why didn't Jetfire or any of the seekers recover the Allspark if they were on Earth before the Hoover Dam was built.)
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
User avatar
Lastjustice
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: The end of time...
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Cthulhunicron » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:57 am

Lastjustice wrote:My thoughts were the deal struck with Sentinel was the first of many plans Megatron had. Sentinel got shot down, and wasn't heard from again while Megatron was active.(he was frozen during the 60s so he had no chance to know that Sentinel's ship actually made it till he unthawed and had soem down time to access his resources between ROTF and DOTM.) So chances are that plan got pushed to the back burner till after all other plans with the Allspark and the Fallen went bust. Megatron probably was looking for a way use the space bridge technology, why he had the Decepticons capture the pillars, but nothing came thru till he rsaw Optimus could revive Sentinel with the Matrix of Leadership. Seeing the potential for this plan to be revisited he put it into motion.

Megatron likely did plan meet Sentinel but nothing either of them had envisioned went according to plan.Sentinel was shot down(only Megatron knew about the plan. Starscream ahd no clue till Megatron told him at the Lincoln memorial.), The Allspark was launched into space, and he was frozen.



I disagree. We know that Megatron left Cybertron first because he crash landed on Earth before Sentinel Prime arrived. We also know that Megatron left to find the Allspark, so the Allspark was launched into space before either of them left Cybertron.

The sequence of events, as I see it, is this:

1. The Allspark, for some reason, is shot into space.
2. Sentinel Prime makes a secret deal with Megatron. They agree to rendezvous on whatever planet the Allspark lands on, and use the space bridge to bring Cybertron to the Allspark.
3. Megatron leaves to look for the Allspark. He tracks it to Earth, but his navigation system malfunctions and he crash lands in the south pole. The ice paralyzes him for centuries.
4. Sentinel departs Cybertron to look for Megatron. The Decepticons don't realize he is working with Megatron, and they shoot at his ship as it leaves. The Autobots believe the ship has been destroyed. In actuality, it is merely damaged and Sentinel manages to track Megatron to the Earth. He accidentally crash lands on the moon and is knocked into stasis.
5. With a ship of his own, Soundwave follows Sentinel to the moon. I can only assume that he is in on Megatron and Sentinel's plan, as he extracts the pillars from the Ark and buries them on the moon. His actions are photographed by the Russians.
6. Soundwave, Laserbeak, and a small group of other Decepticons infiltrate Earth society and convince a number of humans to collaborate with them.
7. Soundwave contacts the Fallen and informs him that the Allspark is on Earth. The Fallen leaves Cybertron with a contingent of Decepticons; they crash land on a moon of Saturn. Decepticons begin traveling to Earth and slowly begin gathering information and plotting their next move.
8. A group of Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, follow the Decepticons to Earth. For some reason, they don't need a ship.
9. Megatron and the Allspark are located. Megatron is thawed out, battles the Autobots for the Allspark. Sam pushes the cube into Megatron's chest, destroying the Allspark and temporarily killing Megatron. A second group of Autobots receive communications from Optimus Prime, and they land on Earth.
10. The Decepticons use an Allspark shard to revive Megatron. Megatron is informed of the Fallen's presence on Saturn. The Fallen tells Megatron of the solar harvester. Soundwave also probably informs Megatron that Sentinel is crash landed on the moon and is in stasis lock. Megatron figures that after the solar harvester is activated, they can use the Matrix to revive Sentinel, who would then bring Cybertron to Earth.
11. The Fallen and the Harvester are destroyed. Megatron is damaged in battle and retreats to Africa with Starscream and Soundwave. With the Allspark, solar harvester, and the Fallen all destroyed, his only option is to trick Optimus into reviving Sentinel, strip the planet of its natural resources, and enslave the humans. More Decepticon reinforcements arrive and land on the moon.
12. The Decepticons put a plan in motion to lure the Autobots to the moon. Sentinel Prime is revived, and he betrays the Autobots. He activates a space bridge and brings the Decepticon army from the moon to the Earth. Another space bridge is created that nearly succeeds in bringing Cybertron to Earth. Autobots and humans fight back; the space bridge, Cybertron, Sentinel, and all the remaining Decepticons are destroyed.

Obviously, I doubt the writers put this much thought into making the movies connect. I realize this timeline doesn't line up with the "official" timeline from the Transformers Wiki, which includes information from the comics and novels. I'm trying to tie the events together using only what is stated in the movies.
User avatar
Cthulhunicron
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Lastjustice » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:46 am

Motto: ""Laws only exist when there's someone there to enforce them.""
Weapon: Laser-Guided Proton Missile Cannons
I disagree. We know that Megatron left Cybertron first because he crash landed on Earth before Sentinel Prime arrived. We also know that Megatron left to find the Allspark, so the Allspark was launched into space before either of them left Cybertron.




Not quite. Optimus Prime was in charge when the war ended on Cybertron and was the one who launched the Allspark into space. It's said so in Transformers Beginnings.(why else would Prime feel so guilty about the whole Allspark thing if it wasn't on his watch?) Megatron did not leave till Allspark was in space ine very single outside description of the accounts before the movie. In DOTM Optimus says I wonder if you could have won the war in my place on Cybertron, reinforcing that Sentinel was not present when the Allspark was fired into space.


On top of that Megatron and the Decepticons didn't know where Allspark was heading till they found it on Earth. (otherwise Megatron would have had all his troop follow much sooner.)Thanks for playing.
"The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic...for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior...let the battle be joined." —Dinobot
User avatar
Lastjustice
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: The end of time...
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Cthulhunicron » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:50 am

Hmmm...I suppose it is possible that Sentinel left first and arrived after Megatron. However, it makes you wonder what exactly his plan was initially. Just find some random planet and strip it of its resources? I mean, at that point, they still had the Allspark, so Cybertron still had an energy source.

So maybe while he was out looking for a suitable planet, the Allspark was shot into space, Megatron pursued it and tracked it to Earth. The only thing that I can think is that while he was approaching Earth, Megatron somehow contacted Sentinel and said something along the lines of "Hey, the Allspark has been shot into space and most of us have left Cybertron to look for it. I found the Allspark, come meet me at these coordinates." and then a minute later, his guidance system malfunctioned and he crashed. Sentinel received the message, turned his ship around and went towards Earth, and then he accidentally crashed on the moon.
User avatar
Cthulhunicron
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:58 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I think they're plan was to go to Earth before the Allspark was launched. The fallen knew Earth was inhabited and would have probably told Megatron about it. So he made the deal with Sentinel to meet there and enslave the people to rebuild Cybertron.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby shamone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 am

Evil_the_Nub wrote:I think they're plan was to go to Earth before the Allspark was launched. The fallen knew Earth was inhabited and would have probably told Megatron about it. So he made the deal with Sentinel to meet there and enslave the people to rebuild Cybertron.


how were humans going to be much help is what i cant work out

was cybertron habitable
where would food supplies come from
the size and strength differential
the technology gap


It would be like getting apes to help us build houses
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Covenant » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
shamone wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:I think they're plan was to go to Earth before the Allspark was launched. The fallen knew Earth was inhabited and would have probably told Megatron about it. So he made the deal with Sentinel to meet there and enslave the people to rebuild Cybertron.


how were humans going to be much help is what i cant work out

was cybertron habitable
where would food supplies come from
the size and strength differential
the technology gap


It would be like getting apes to help us build houses

Shamone, thank you. You bring to light many things I was thinking.

But, to timeline and reasoning..

Fallen & Primes visit Earth to destroy it in Egyptian times, and nix it given RotF oh-the-humans-are-sentient reasons? Then Megatron follows blindedly the AllSpark that (per the official comic) Bumblebee sent into space before Megatron crushed his vocal cords (unrepairable, reeeeeaally? Still stupid, fyi). Landing on Earth, Megatron gets frozen in the Artic. Where exactly does Sentinel & the spacebridge fit into this?? He simply HAD to have made this 'Autobots are losing to an unreasonable degree that a PRIME would make a deal' prior to the Allspark being shot into space, but somehow the Allspark lands in the exact place Megatron & Sentinel apparently planned, HEAVILY, to meet in the past?

Is anyone else having, unhappily dagnabbit, issues with the plotline to all this? I had IMMENSE issues throughout this continuity, trying to justify it to myself, then secondary to others. But in the sad attempt to solidify the back story, I'm at a loss.

Little help? I'm simply ALL for fan-splanations to TF 'issues'. Do it to it fellow TF-fans, because I'm without ability at the moment..and ask anyone that knows me, I'm usually not with loss in such things...



...nevermind the Margaritas continued from last weekend. Lol! :grin: 8)
Last edited by Covenant on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Covenant
Combiner
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Surrounded by a Ring of Red
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Cthulhunicron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Covenant wrote:Fallen & Primes visit Earth to destroy it in Egyptian times, and nix it given RotF oh-the-humans-are-sentient reasons? Then Megatron follows blindedly the AllSpark that (per the official comic) Bumblebee sent into space before Megatron crushed his vocal cords (unrepairable, reeeeeaally? Still stupid, fyi). Landing on Earth, Megatron gets frozen in the Artic. Where exactly does Sentinel & the spacebridge fit into this?? He simply HAD to have made this 'Autobots are losing to an unreasonable degree that a PRIME would make a deal' prior to the Allspark being shot into space, but somehow the Allspark lands in the exact place Megatron & Sentinel apparently planned, HEAVILY, to meet in the past?

Is anyone else having, unhappily dagnabbit, issues with the plotline to all this? I had IMMENSE issues throughout this continuity, trying to justify it to myself, then secondary to others. But in the sad attempt to solidify the back story, I'm at a loss.

Little help? I'm simply ALL for fan-splanations to TF 'issues'. Do it to it fellow TF-fans, because I'm without ability..and ask anyone that knows me, I'm usually not without loss in such things...


well, here's my attempt (version 2.0)

1. The Cybertronian war rages.
2. Sentinel Prime makes a secret deal with Megatron. Sentinel travels into space carrying space bridge technology on a quest for energy resources that can be used to win the war. Soundwave follows him under orders from Megatron to make sure Sentinel keeps his end of the bargain.
3. Optimus Prime takes command of the Autobots. During the final battle on Cybertron, he launches the Allspark into space to prevent Megatron from getting his hands on it. The Allspark seeks out the Matrix and lands on Earth.
Megatron leaves to look for the Allspark. He tracks it to Earth, but his navigation system malfunctions and he crash lands in the south pole. The ice paralyzes him for centuries. Just before his nav system fails, he contacts Sentinel Prime and tells him to meet him at Earth's coordinates. Sentinel turns around and heads toward Earth.
4. Sentinel accidentally crash lands on the moon and is knocked into stasis.
5. With a ship of his own, Soundwave follows Sentinel to the moon. I can only assume that he is in on Megatron and Sentinel's plan, as he extracts the pillars from the Ark and buries them on the moon. His actions are photographed by the Russians.
6. Soundwave, Laserbeak, and a small group of other Decepticons infiltrate Earth society and convince a number of humans to collaborate with them.
7. Soundwave contacts the Fallen and informs him that the Allspark is on Earth. The Fallen leaves Cybertron with a contingent of Decepticons; they crash land on a moon of Saturn. Decepticons begin traveling to Earth and slowly begin gathering information and plotting their next move.
8. A group of Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, follow the Decepticons to Earth. For some reason, they don't need a ship.
9. Megatron and the Allspark are located. Megatron is thawed out, battles the Autobots for the Allspark. Sam pushes the cube into Megatron's chest, destroying the Allspark and temporarily killing Megatron. A second group of Autobots receive communications from Optimus Prime, and they land on Earth.
10. The Decepticons use an Allspark shard to revive Megatron. Megatron is informed of the Fallen's presence on Saturn. The Fallen tells Megatron of the solar harvester. Soundwave also probably informs Megatron that Sentinel is crash landed on the moon and is in stasis lock. Megatron figures that after the solar harvester is activated, they can use the Matrix to revive Sentinel, who could then bring Cybertron to Earth.
11. The Fallen and the Harvester are destroyed. Megatron is damaged in battle and retreats to Africa with Starscream and Soundwave. With the Allspark, solar harvester, and the Fallen all destroyed, his only option is to trick Optimus into reviving Sentinel, strip the planet of its natural resources, and enslave the humans. More Decepticon reinforcements arrive and land on the moon.
12. The Decepticons put a plan in motion to lure the Autobots to the moon. Sentinel Prime is revived, and he betrays the Autobots. Megatron informs him that though the Allspark and solar harvester have been destroyed, they can still harvest oil, uranium, natural gas, etc. from the Earth and use it to rebuild Cybertron with the help of human slaves. He activates a space bridge and brings the Decepticon army from the moon to the Earth. Another space bridge is created that nearly succeeds in bringing Cybertron to Earth. Autobots and humans fight back; the space bridge, Cybertron, Sentinel, and all the remaining Decepticons are destroyed.

It's not perfect, and it does depend on some fan speculation, but that's the best I could do.
User avatar
Cthulhunicron
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby NatsumeRyu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Some of my thoughts:
Someone in the DotM review thread mentioned/reminded that the space bridge is capable of traveling through time & space, and so that some time travel could be involved if Sentinel used the pillars to teleport near earth, especially if there was maybe some odd factors involved that caused it to malfunction (I assume their ship wouldn't last long enough to travel there normally - maybe even Sentinel did a random teleportation, ended up near the moon, and, before he goes into stasis, notices earth and its life, and sends a message to megatron. somehow. XD)

My theory on why sentinel decides to defect in the first place is that he sees the Autobots are losing - and has come to the conclusion that the only way (or just A way, if he's desperate for any solution) to unite the Cybertronians to end the war and restore their world would be to join against/for another cause, or, better yet: He sees the damage being done to their world and no longer sees faction as any symbol - only a way to restore their planet as his ultimate goal. So he makes his offer to Megatron, not sure/without thought to what will happen to the Autobots as a faction/belief, and goes on his merry quest, only to be shot down and go into stasis.



I think it would help if the movies clarified about the transformers and their energy source[s]. The transformers have about three different types of fluids based on their distinct colors - bright blue, I'm guessing as energon, the dark/murky red brown as a type of oil & letting the mainstream audience [generally] associate with their "blood," and also the green lubricant seen on, like, the thing that enters Sam's brain in RotF, and coating Ravage's spine as it's removed from him, among other scenes.

The first movie's "Movie Guide" book mentions Bumblebee's doorwings can harvest/convert solar energy [it specifies for use in his cannon, IIRC, but I'm using it on a broader scale here].
I've figured pretty much any transformer has at least some of this ability to account for their rapid repair, ammo creation, and the lack of known/seen refueling for just being active. But it doesn't account for rusting (like Jetfire - I assume it's from disuse/lack or regeneration [like wrinkles are to us], or, perhaps a lesser form of cosmic rust, and like a viral infection/disease - and Megatron [the rust progresses in the third film/ he retains it from his rusty tank ocean-stuck body/mode]), or why transformers would be in stasis for so long unless that harvesting process stops in stasis.

So there you have a good amount of my logic about the movieverse as I've come to understand it, trying to figure it out for use in fanfiction. XP
2014-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
User avatar
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
Posts: 400
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Grimlock18 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 pm

What follows is simply my conjecture; I'm not saying that that's what happened, but what I think happened.

When exactly did they say that Megatron and Sentinel were supposed to meet on Earth? The impression I got was that they made the deal, and then that SP got shot down on his way to meet Megatron; he drifts through space (it looked more like the Ark lost power and drifted through space, and just happened to smack into the Moon than tried (and failed) to land on it in the film), Optimus becomes Prime, eventually shoots the Allspark into space, Megatron goes after it and crashes into Earth and goes into the deep-freeze. So I think it's pretty clear- Megs came to Earth to grab the Allspark, and I doubt that he contacted SP to come meet him just before freezing; like I said, the Ark's just drifting, and I think that the crew died when they ran out of Energon in the millions of years they were drifting through space.

Fast-forward to 1961- the Ark crashes, humans pick it up, both sides try to get to the moon. 1969, the US succeeds with the successful landing of Apollo 11. We continue Moon missions until 1972, with Apollo 17, then the Decepticons get Dylan's dad to misplace a decimal point and end further moon landings. Decepticons likely got to the Russians beforehand, so with Dylan's dad turning Quisling they don't have to worry about humans on the moon anymore.

Did they ever say when the 'cons took most of the pillars? If not, it either had to be before Apollo 11 (else the astronauts of 12 and 14-17 would ask 'Hey, weren't there a bunch of pillars here last time?) or after, when they don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm guessing Soundwave had to be the lead Decepticon on this, as Laserbeak was the contact with the human traitors.

Fast-forward again to 2003- Bumblebee and the 'cons arrive on Earth looking for the Allspark and Megatron, following what they learned from Ghost 1 (in the Autobot's case- the 'cons could either have detected the Allspark or just followed the Autobots). Fast-forward to 200X (Transformers)- Megatron revives, goes after the Allspark, gets killed; very few chances to contact Soundwave (who may have been in Earth orbit), and in any case he would probably be more interested in the Allspark. Starscream escapes alive, and then either he or Soundwave (or both) contact the Fallen and let him know what happened. The Fallen comes to Earth and has the 'cons scour the planet, looking for the Solar Harvester, the Matrix of Leadership, and a way to ressurect Megatron. He probably discounts the discovery of Sentinel, because they don't have a way to revive him currently or because he doesn't think he'll need him, seeing as he'll have the Solar Harvester. In either case, Sentinel probably becomes Plan B.

ROTF happens, and Megatron and any surviving 'cons retreat. Plan B now becomes Plan A, and Megatron possibly develops the 'enslave humans to rebuild Cybertron' addition to the plan (I don't think it was part of the initial plan, as I don't believe that knowledge of humans was known at all (or possibly widespread) until the events of TF1; I think he might have planned on using the space bridge to bypass Autobot defenses around the Allspark, force them to surrender know that he's got the Allspark, and use it to rebuild Cybertron), and Megatron knows that with the Matrix, Optimus can ressurect Sentinel. He has the 'cons lay some careful clues, figuring the Autobots will stumble across them sooner or later. And thus we get DOTM. As for when Sentinel learned the new plan, it's possible that he might have secretly contacted the 'cons sometime between his ressurection and his murder of Ironhide, or that the Dreads might have given it to him without the Autobots knowing during the highway chase. I can't remember for sure, but didn't one get it's claws on him for a few seconds before Ironhide and Sideswipe killed them?
In this land we have defended,
From all things dark and cruel,
Now we are defenseless
In a land where dragons rule!

Me, Grimlock, BADASS!!!!
Grimlock18
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in the murky depths of California

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Cthulhunicron » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am

The reason I came up with my theory about Megatron contacting Sentinel just before he crashes is because I really don't like the idea that the Allspark is shot into space and just happens to land on Earth, and then later, just by chance, the Ark crash lands on the moon. That seems like a huge stretch of logic to assume that out of all the planets in the universe, the Allspark and Sentinel wind up on the same planet purely out of coincidence. But whatever, this is a Michael Bay movie we're talking about.
User avatar
Cthulhunicron
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby shamone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:53 am

Cthulhunicron wrote:The reason I came up with my theory about Megatron contacting Sentinel just before he crashes is because I really don't like the idea that the Allspark is shot into space and just happens to land on Earth, and then later, just by chance, the Ark crash lands on the moon. That seems like a huge stretch of logic to assume that out of all the planets in the universe, the Allspark and Sentinel wind up on the same planet purely out of coincidence. But whatever, this is a Michael Bay movie we're talking about.



well senitnal was piloting a damaged craft wasnt he.

Where was he going to when he was leaving cybertron.

No one could contact megatron to get the co-ordinates of the all spark
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby paul053 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 am

Yes, unfortunately I believe all these landed on earth things are all coincident. Earth is like a black hole that can suck everything toward it through out the entire universe.

I somehow think Sentinel only made his 1 on 1 deal with Megatron which Megatron didn't fully trust him and probably didn't care about the plan that much either. Megatron cares about power and conquering, when did he care about reviving Cybertron, that's the Prime's thing. Then Sentinel left to find any planet without letting Megatron knew and of course got shot down by any Decepticon that would do this. Seeing Sentinel gone, Megatron kept fighting on Cybertron to get Allspark to build his armies and then Optimus ordered BB to shoot it into space and then Megatron went after it.

With Megatron gone for long, Soundwave seeked Mr. who-knows-everything-by-just-sitting-there The Fallen and he told Soundwave to go to earth to do all the things (control humans, hide pillars, find Megatron, etc) so he can continue his plan. Megatron never knew about the Setinel thing and until the Allspark (plan A) gone and Fallen dead (plan B), Soundwave told him about Sentinel and the pillars. He remembered that old-didn't-care-much deal and went on to make his plan C.

And since when did Megatron's master plan(s) ever work out?

Poor Optimus who knew nothing.

And why are we trying to figure all these things out to fill in the gaps where the writers totally didn't care?
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Covenant » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:27 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
paul053 wrote:And why are we trying to figure all these things out to fill in the gaps where the writers totally didn't care?

Because thats what fans have been doing for years? Because gaps allow a fans want and creativity to fill in a blank for fun? Because it helps make a logical structure out of an inconsiderate mess? Because they, the fans, DO care?
Image
User avatar
Covenant
Combiner
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Surrounded by a Ring of Red
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby shamone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 am

paul053 wrote:Yes, unfortunately I believe all these landed on earth things are all coincident. Earth is like a black hole that can suck everything toward it through out the entire universe.

I somehow think Sentinel only made his 1 on 1 deal with Megatron which Megatron didn't fully trust him and probably didn't care about the plan that much either. Megatron cares about power and conquering, when did he care about reviving Cybertron, that's the Prime's thing. Then Sentinel left to find any planet without letting Megatron knew and of course got shot down by any Decepticon that would do this. Seeing Sentinel gone, Megatron kept fighting on Cybertron to get Allspark to build his armies and then Optimus ordered BB to shoot it into space and then Megatron went after it.

With Megatron gone for long, Soundwave seeked Mr. who-knows-everything-by-just-sitting-there The Fallen and he told Soundwave to go to earth to do all the things (control humans, hide pillars, find Megatron, etc) so he can continue his plan. Megatron never knew about the Setinel thing and until the Allspark (plan A) gone and Fallen dead (plan B), Soundwave told him about Sentinel and the pillars. He remembered that old-didn't-care-much deal and went on to make his plan C.

And since when did Megatron's master plan(s) ever work out?

Poor Optimus who knew nothing.

And why are we trying to figure all these things out to fill in the gaps where the writers totally didn't care?



but did megs not land on earth before sentinal landed on the moon, suggesting that he left cybertron before sentinal

Not criticising your analysis just saying
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
As I see, what happened:

- Sentinel makes a deal with Megatron
- Sentinels ship gets shot when departing Cybertron, Megatron believes him dead
- Megatron tries to take the Allspark from the autobots, they launch it into space, Megatron follows, but with the numbers on their side, Decepticons win the war.
- the Allspark drifts into Earth, Megatron blindly follows, and gets himself stasis locked.
- Decepticons follow Megatrons trail, they discover the Ark on the Moon, but keep this knowledge from the Fallen; they search for a way to reach their true master.
- First movie: Megatron awakens, and without a greater knowledge, follows his hunger for the Allspark before bigger Decepticon reinforcements could arrive
- Second movie: Megatron awakens, gets his info up-to-date, and makes as if he would obey the Fallen in order to get the Matrix or enough Energon through the Harvester to reactivate Cybertron
- Third movie

What bugs me is that it is blind luck that the Harvester, the Allspark, and Sentinels ship is found on the same planet.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby paul053 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Covenant wrote:
paul053 wrote:And why are we trying to figure all these things out to fill in the gaps where the writers totally didn't care?

Because thats what fans have been doing for years? Because gaps allow a fans want and creativity to fill in a blank for fun? Because it helps make a logical structure out of an inconsiderate mess? Because they, the fans, DO care?


You-are-correct.

shamone wrote:but did megs not land on earth before sentinal landed on the moon, suggesting that he left cybertron before sentinal

Not criticising your analysis just saying

Not a problem. Welcome for any discussion.

Well, all I can guess is they took different route, didn't they? Megatron left straight to Appspark but Sentinel's ship was floating around which they couldn't control it anymore. So Sentinel's ship "stayed" in the universe for much longer until they hit moon like any random meteor.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby paul053 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Chaoslock wrote:As I see, what happened:

- Sentinel makes a deal with Megatron
- Sentinels ship gets shot when departing Cybertron, Megatron believes him dead
- Megatron tries to take the Allspark from the autobots, they launch it into space, Megatron follows, but with the numbers on their side, Decepticons win the war.
- the Allspark drifts into Earth, Megatron blindly follows, and gets himself stasis locked.
- Decepticons follow Megatrons trail, they discover the Ark on the Moon, but keep this knowledge from the Fallen; they search for a way to reach their true master.
- First movie: Megatron awakens, and without a greater knowledge, follows his hunger for the Allspark before bigger Decepticon reinforcements could arrive
- Second movie: Megatron awakens, gets his info up-to-date, and makes as if he would obey the Fallen in order to get the Matrix or enough Energon through the Harvester to reactivate Cybertron
- Third movie

What bugs me is that it is blind luck that the Harvester, the Allspark, and Sentinels ship is found on the same planet.

Now it feels like isn't The Fallen in the way? The logic might makes little more sense if there is no The Fallen. Or he should just show up like he did in DW comics. Making him just sit there for all these time does make much sense.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1430
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
shamone wrote:but did megs not land on earth before sentinal landed on the moon, suggesting that he left cybertron before sentinal

Not criticising your analysis just saying


Megs landed first. He wasn't discovered in the Arctic until 1897, whereas Sentinel's crash was picked up in the early 1960s.

Well, here's my version of it:

Megatron and Sentinel strike a deal; the war is lost, and Cybertron is doomed as well. So, they decide to use another planet to rebuild it. The Fallen suggests Earth, a mineral-rich planet with plenty of slave-labor opportunities. Sentinel builds his fancy planet-moving Super Space Bridge (Likely with help from the Fallen) However, the Battle of Tyger Pax happens, and the AllSpark, which they really, really need, is launched into space. Megatron, assuming he's not going to be frozen in ice for thousands of years, goes after it. Meanwhile, the AllSpark guides itself towards Earth, and the location of the Sun Harvester.

Sentinel finishes up his Pillars and leaves Cybertron, arranging to be chased out by Decepticons to make it look real. Unfortunately, he didn't realize Decepticons aren't taught restraint, and ends up drifting towards Earth. The Fallen leaves afterwords with a contingent of Decepticons. Soundwave finds the Ark, and begins moving the Pillars, likely working on the assumption that they're going to be able to revive Sentinel with the AllSpark.

The bad news, is that the AllSpark is destroyed. After Megatron is revived, the Fallen, unaware the Matrix could be used to revive Sentinel (Jetfire points out that no one's tried it and thus, no one would be aware that it would work) decides to just go back to his original plan: Blow up the Sun, rebuild the AllSpark, use that to solve their problems. However, when the Matrix revives Optimus (Who destroys the Sun Harvester and the Fallen) Megatron quickly revises Plan A; now, the objective is to get Optimus to revive Sentinel for them. Which he does. And then the rest is all in the third movie.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby Alec » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
shamone wrote:but did megs not land on earth before sentinal landed on the moon, suggesting that he left cybertron before sentinal

Not criticising your analysis just saying


Megs landed first. He wasn't discovered in the Arctic until 1897, whereas Sentinel's crash was picked up in the early 1960s.

Well, here's my version of it:

Megatron and Sentinel strike a deal; the war is lost, and Cybertron is doomed as well. So, they decide to use another planet to rebuild it. The Fallen suggests Earth, a mineral-rich planet with plenty of slave-labor opportunities. Sentinel builds his fancy planet-moving Super Space Bridge (Likely with help from the Fallen) However, the Battle of Tyger Pax happens, and the AllSpark, which they really, really need, is launched into space. Megatron, assuming he's not going to be frozen in ice for thousands of years, goes after it. Meanwhile, the AllSpark guides itself towards Earth, and the location of the Sun Harvester.

Sentinel finishes up his Pillars and leaves Cybertron, arranging to be chased out by Decepticons to make it look real. Unfortunately, he didn't realize Decepticons aren't taught restraint, and ends up drifting towards Earth. The Fallen leaves afterwords with a contingent of Decepticons. Soundwave finds the Ark, and begins moving the Pillars, likely working on the assumption that they're going to be able to revive Sentinel with the AllSpark.

The bad news, is that the AllSpark is destroyed. After Megatron is revived, the Fallen, unaware the Matrix could be used to revive Sentinel (Jetfire points out that no one's tried it and thus, no one would be aware that it would work) decides to just go back to his original plan: Blow up the Sun, rebuild the AllSpark, use that to solve their problems. However, when the Matrix revives Optimus (Who destroys the Sun Harvester and the Fallen) Megatron quickly revises Plan A; now, the objective is to get Optimus to revive Sentinel for them. Which he does. And then the rest is all in the third movie.


I really like that its very believable and fits in perfectly with the movies. bravo!
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Sooo....was it the Allspark, or the Space Bridge?

Postby shamone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Shadowman wrote:
shamone wrote:but did megs not land on earth before sentinal landed on the moon, suggesting that he left cybertron before sentinal

Not criticising your analysis just saying


Megs landed first. He wasn't discovered in the Arctic until 1897, whereas Sentinel's crash was picked up in the early 1960s.

Well, here's my version of it:

Megatron and Sentinel strike a deal; the war is lost, and Cybertron is doomed as well. So, they decide to use another planet to rebuild it. The Fallen suggests Earth, a mineral-rich planet with plenty of slave-labor opportunities. Sentinel builds his fancy planet-moving Super Space Bridge (Likely with help from the Fallen) However, the Battle of Tyger Pax happens, and the AllSpark, which they really, really need, is launched into space. Megatron, assuming he's not going to be frozen in ice for thousands of years, goes after it. Meanwhile, the AllSpark guides itself towards Earth, and the location of the Sun Harvester.

Sentinel finishes up his Pillars and leaves Cybertron, arranging to be chased out by Decepticons to make it look real. Unfortunately, he didn't realize Decepticons aren't taught restraint, and ends up drifting towards Earth. The Fallen leaves afterwords with a contingent of Decepticons. Soundwave finds the Ark, and begins moving the Pillars, likely working on the assumption that they're going to be able to revive Sentinel with the AllSpark.

The bad news, is that the AllSpark is destroyed. After Megatron is revived, the Fallen, unaware the Matrix could be used to revive Sentinel (Jetfire points out that no one's tried it and thus, no one would be aware that it would work) decides to just go back to his original plan: Blow up the Sun, rebuild the AllSpark, use that to solve their problems. However, when the Matrix revives Optimus (Who destroys the Sun Harvester and the Fallen) Megatron quickly revises Plan A; now, the objective is to get Optimus to revive Sentinel for them. Which he does. And then the rest is all in the third movie.


so sentinal has been missing for about 100 years so, if he left same time around megs did.

and when did prime become leader of autobots, after sentinal went missing ? which meant that the all spark was fired after sentinal went missing

help ??

its confusing
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014