Lastjustice wrote:My thoughts were the deal struck with Sentinel was the first of many plans Megatron had. Sentinel got shot down, and wasn't heard from again while Megatron was active.(he was frozen during the 60s so he had no chance to know that Sentinel's ship actually made it till he unthawed and had soem down time to access his resources between ROTF and DOTM.) So chances are that plan got pushed to the back burner till after all other plans with the Allspark and the Fallen went bust. Megatron probably was looking for a way use the space bridge technology, why he had the Decepticons capture the pillars, but nothing came thru till he rsaw Optimus could revive Sentinel with the Matrix of Leadership. Seeing the potential for this plan to be revisited he put it into motion.
Megatron likely did plan meet Sentinel but nothing either of them had envisioned went according to plan.Sentinel was shot down(only Megatron knew about the plan. Starscream ahd no clue till Megatron told him at the Lincoln memorial.), The Allspark was launched into space, and he was frozen.
I disagree. We know that Megatron left Cybertron first because he crash landed on Earth before Sentinel Prime arrived. We also know that Megatron left to find the Allspark, so the Allspark was launched into space before either of them left Cybertron.
The sequence of events, as I see it, is this:
1. The Allspark, for some reason, is shot into space.
2. Sentinel Prime makes a secret deal with Megatron. They agree to rendezvous on whatever planet the Allspark lands on, and use the space bridge to bring Cybertron to the Allspark.
3. Megatron leaves to look for the Allspark. He tracks it to Earth, but his navigation system malfunctions and he crash lands in the south pole. The ice paralyzes him for centuries.
4. Sentinel departs Cybertron to look for Megatron. The Decepticons don't realize he is working with Megatron, and they shoot at his ship as it leaves. The Autobots believe the ship has been destroyed. In actuality, it is merely damaged and Sentinel manages to track Megatron to the Earth. He accidentally crash lands on the moon and is knocked into stasis.
5. With a ship of his own, Soundwave follows Sentinel to the moon. I can only assume that he is in on Megatron and Sentinel's plan, as he extracts the pillars from the Ark and buries them on the moon. His actions are photographed by the Russians.
6. Soundwave, Laserbeak, and a small group of other Decepticons infiltrate Earth society and convince a number of humans to collaborate with them.
7. Soundwave contacts the Fallen and informs him that the Allspark is on Earth. The Fallen leaves Cybertron with a contingent of Decepticons; they crash land on a moon of Saturn. Decepticons begin traveling to Earth and slowly begin gathering information and plotting their next move.
8. A group of Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, follow the Decepticons to Earth. For some reason, they don't need a ship.
9. Megatron and the Allspark are located. Megatron is thawed out, battles the Autobots for the Allspark. Sam pushes the cube into Megatron's chest, destroying the Allspark and temporarily killing Megatron. A second group of Autobots receive communications from Optimus Prime, and they land on Earth.
10. The Decepticons use an Allspark shard to revive Megatron. Megatron is informed of the Fallen's presence on Saturn. The Fallen tells Megatron of the solar harvester. Soundwave also probably informs Megatron that Sentinel is crash landed on the moon and is in stasis lock. Megatron figures that after the solar harvester is activated, they can use the Matrix to revive Sentinel, who would then bring Cybertron to Earth.
11. The Fallen and the Harvester are destroyed. Megatron is damaged in battle and retreats to Africa with Starscream and Soundwave. With the Allspark, solar harvester, and the Fallen all destroyed, his only option is to trick Optimus into reviving Sentinel, strip the planet of its natural resources, and enslave the humans. More Decepticon reinforcements arrive and land on the moon.
12. The Decepticons put a plan in motion to lure the Autobots to the moon. Sentinel Prime is revived, and he betrays the Autobots. He activates a space bridge and brings the Decepticon army from the moon to the Earth. Another space bridge is created that nearly succeeds in bringing Cybertron to Earth. Autobots and humans fight back; the space bridge, Cybertron, Sentinel, and all the remaining Decepticons are destroyed.
Obviously, I doubt the writers put this much thought into making the movies connect. I realize this timeline doesn't line up with the "official" timeline from the Transformers Wiki, which includes information from the comics and novels. I'm trying to tie the events together using only what is stated in the movies.