Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Spoiler.. script deception

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Spoiler.. script deception

Postby Gierling » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:46 pm

Early on one of the rumors was that they used different bot names in the script to throw fans off, another rumor was that they actually rotated these in the script so that you couldn't tell which character delivers which lines.

I thought that up when hearing that Ratchet got Jazz's line with the power lines.

Thinking about it I'm pretty sure that Ratchet is the one in the scene with Megatron, as there is actually some precedence for that sort of thing (their antagonism in the comics).

Discuss
Gierling
Minibot
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:08 pm

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:24 pm

No the truth is that it's just an old version of the script. Nothing was done to "throw fans off" as the fans were never supose to see it at all.
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Postby AbsumZer0 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Even if they had counted on the possibility of a script leak switching the character names in the script about would have been completely ineffective at anything other than confusing the cast and filmmakers. The rumor was probably wishful thinking more than anything.
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Saya » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:30 pm

I still haven't read the bloody script unfortunately. I'd really love to though... if someone would be kind enough to pm me a link or something, I'd be ever so grateful ;;)
Saya

Postby Bartrim » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:38 pm

Azura wrote:I still haven't read the bloody script unfortunately. I'd really love to though... if someone would be kind enough to pm me a link or something, I'd be ever so grateful ;;)


Same here. I would love to get my grubby little mits on the script so if someone could help a broher ou it would be appreciated.
Bartrim
Vehicon
Posts: 345
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:18 pm

Postby Bombus distinguendus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:32 am

Motto: "Don't Judge Me!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Bartrim wrote:
Azura wrote:I still haven't read the bloody script unfortunately. I'd really love to though... if someone would be kind enough to pm me a link or something, I'd be ever so grateful ;;)


Same here. I would love to get my grubby little mits on the script so if someone could help a broher ou it would be appreciated.


i third that.....if they made a novel of the movie im so gonna buy it.....
"Dont Judge Me!"
Check out TheFanriotpodcast.com. were also on iTunes! Please check us out!
Image
User avatar
Bombus distinguendus
Targetmaster
Posts: 610
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Chicago, IL Uptown
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Stalker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Drop me a PM, guys. I'll set you up with a copy.

As for this, well, it'd be nice. Considering what happens to Jazz and my lack of caring for Ratchet, I'd be fine with the switch. I don't see that happening, though.
Stalker
Micromaster
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:17 pm

Postby Basketball Jones » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm

If they had switched the names around, Spike would end up receiving Brawl as his first car and the heroic Autobot Starscream would square off against the evil Decepticon leader Jazz in the final battle.
Basketball Jones
Combiner
Posts: 417
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:01 pm

Postby Bartrim » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Stalker wrote:Drop me a PM, guys. I'll set you up with a copy.

As for this, well, it'd be nice. Considering what happens to Jazz and my lack of caring for Ratchet, I'd be fine with the switch. I don't see that happening, though.


Thanks. I just sent you a PM.
Bartrim
Vehicon
Posts: 345
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:18 pm


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014