Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby cotss2012 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 am

SlyTF1 wrote:So, aliens have similar body functions to humans? Your point?


Robots shouldn't cry, piss, spit, or fart.

They also shouldn't have testicles, hump Megan Fox's leg, or try to have sex with Shia. That was just... wtf.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 am

cotss2012 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, aliens have similar body functions to humans? Your point?


Robots shouldn't cry, piss, spit, or fart.

They also shouldn't have testicles, hump Megan Fox's leg, or try to have sex with Shia. That was just... wtf.


Why not?
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38547
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:16 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
cotss2012 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, aliens have similar body functions to humans? Your point?


Robots shouldn't cry, piss, spit, or fart.

They also shouldn't have testicles, hump Megan Fox's leg, or try to have sex with Shia. That was just... wtf.

Bumblebee's "Crying" Was a totallycontrolled function, just a show of sadness, not REAL Tears, Bumblebee's peeing was Radiator Fluid, I believe. The spitting (done all too often by starscream) Was often a show of dis-respect, and I'm guessing it was the same when Leadfoot spit after tearing apart that protoform. When optimus spit, it was because he had a chunk of metal wedged in his mouth. Jetfire's "Fart" Was the parrachute mechanism going off, not gas, and as for Devistator's testicles, well, A show of comedy, really, but can be explained as "That's just were they go when I transform". Alice was trying to Saduce sam in order to get him in a co-operaative enough state to kill him off, nothing actually sexual there, though that kiss just goes to show how far decepticons will go to get what they want.
As for wheelie's leg humping.............
There really isn't a way to explain it, but in DOTM, Brains is pretty perverted too. I'm guessing they're both pretty deep into earth behaviour by then, and seeing as how wheelie's first up close and personal experience on earth was with mikaila's dog, maybe he studied it in his databanks long enough to know that (To a dog) When you like someone enough, you fornicate with their leg? Thats the best Iv'e got for wheelie.
Hope all that helps you shed some light on the why's and how's.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Burn wrote:
cotss2012 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, aliens have similar body functions to humans? Your point?


Robots shouldn't cry, piss, spit, or fart.

They also shouldn't have testicles, hump Megan Fox's leg, or try to have sex with Shia. That was just... wtf.


Why not?


This.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby F Prime » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
cotss2012 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, aliens have similar body functions to humans? Your point?


Robots shouldn't cry, piss, spit, or fart.

They also shouldn't have testicles, hump Megan Fox's leg, or try to have sex with Shia. That was just... wtf.



That robots may or may not have these biological functions is not what bothers me the most. I just wish Bay didn't feel the need to showcase it. But, it looks like some individuals found it entertaining and I am not the only fan in the crowd...
Pi is exactly 3!
Image
User avatar
F Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 285
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 am

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:35 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Treetop Maximus wrote:This brings me to another point. People constantly claim that Optimus Prime doesn't take lives. (Warning: G1 Movie and Cybertron spoilers ahead for those of you who are new or just haven't seen this stuff yet!) Optimus Prime has been willing to kill in other continuities. In the 1986 movie, everyone's beloved G1 Optimus Prime clearly would have killed Megatron had Hot Rod not stepped in.


Sorry, but it was anything but "clear".If he fully intended to kill Megatron, he wouldnt have waited so long to pull the trigger, giving Hotrod the time to interfere.

Treetop Maximus wrote: Optimus points his gun directly at Megatron. When Hot Rod tackles Megatron, Optimus clearly tells him "Out of the way, Hot Rod." He wouldn't have said that if he hadn't been planning to fire at Megatron.

which proves nothing about his intent.Bottomline, theres no "clear" evidence Optimus would have fired to kill
chrisc4 wrote:in '86 movie optimus arrives in autobot city and practically blasts every single decepticon in his way. i think the mood for optimus was perfect for the movie. he was pissed. and honestly, i dont blame him one bit.


but none of the guys he hit died as a direct result

As to Bay-Optimus, I really dont have much of a problem with his actions, I only point out that they do indeed differ from the type of actions of G1 toon Optimus
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7007
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby WasPWNator » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 am

Motto: "Motto? I don't know, probably something about molecular structure..."
Weapon: Liquid Flame-Thrower
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the first film he was very much G1-like. He was tough and sensible but basically got his ass kicked by Megatron until Sam stepped in.

In RotF he was let loose, and I was happy about it. I thought, "Wow, he finally grew some balls."

In DotM it was ratcheted up (no pun intended) even more, and IMO over the top. He was basically a Decepticon. No matter what the argument is, there was no distinction between he and Sentinel, other than the fact that one lived and the other died.

Overall, after taking of my G1 goggles, I approve of this Optimus Prime, largely because he was the central Autobot character. He had to show up and he did. He wasn't just a punching bag. However, his character revised what it means to be an Autobot.


I kind of agree; my problem with him isn't that he kills Decepticons - it's war, that's what you do. My issue is more that he's just kind of a d*ck to everyone around him. Plus he explicitly tells Ironhide in the 2007 movie that 'we don't kill humans', and then goes on to be responsible for several civilan casualties, through a combination of willful neglect and clumsiness. And sure, collateral damage is to be expected, but what bothers me is that he doesn't really seem to care all that much, or even acknowledge it.
I don't think movie Prime is bad, I just think there are some incongruities in his personality, laregly due to scriptwriting oversights I suppose...
Mkall wrote:I don't have much extra to contribute, but you have an AWESOME username

Image
User avatar
WasPWNator
Fuzor
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: They left me behind when Atlantis Arose...
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
WasPWNator wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the first film he was very much G1-like. He was tough and sensible but basically got his ass kicked by Megatron until Sam stepped in.

In RotF he was let loose, and I was happy about it. I thought, "Wow, he finally grew some balls."

In DotM it was ratcheted up (no pun intended) even more, and IMO over the top. He was basically a Decepticon. No matter what the argument is, there was no distinction between he and Sentinel, other than the fact that one lived and the other died.

Overall, after taking of my G1 goggles, I approve of this Optimus Prime, largely because he was the central Autobot character. He had to show up and he did. He wasn't just a punching bag. However, his character revised what it means to be an Autobot.


I kind of agree; my problem with him isn't that he kills Decepticons - it's war, that's what you do. My issue is more that he's just kind of a d*ck to everyone around him. Plus he explicitly tells Ironhide in the 2007 movie that 'we don't kill humans', and then goes on to be responsible for several civilan casualties, through a combination of willful neglect and clumsiness. And sure, collateral damage is to be expected, but what bothers me is that he doesn't really seem to care all that much, or even acknowledge it.
I don't think movie Prime is bad, I just think there are some incongruities in his personality, laregly due to scriptwriting oversights I suppose...


Actually, I have a slightly different take on this.

If only Ironhide's death had been played up a little more, his violence would have been more justified. His old friend, his comrade in arms, shot in the back by one of their own. Even the most rational and peace-loving leader would call for blood.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
WasPWNator wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:In the first film he was very much G1-like. He was tough and sensible but basically got his ass kicked by Megatron until Sam stepped in.

In RotF he was let loose, and I was happy about it. I thought, "Wow, he finally grew some balls."

In DotM it was ratcheted up (no pun intended) even more, and IMO over the top. He was basically a Decepticon. No matter what the argument is, there was no distinction between he and Sentinel, other than the fact that one lived and the other died.

Overall, after taking of my G1 goggles, I approve of this Optimus Prime, largely because he was the central Autobot character. He had to show up and he did. He wasn't just a punching bag. However, his character revised what it means to be an Autobot.


I kind of agree; my problem with him isn't that he kills Decepticons - it's war, that's what you do. My issue is more that he's just kind of a d*ck to everyone around him. Plus he explicitly tells Ironhide in the 2007 movie that 'we don't kill humans', and then goes on to be responsible for several civilan casualties, through a combination of willful neglect and clumsiness. And sure, collateral damage is to be expected, but what bothers me is that he doesn't really seem to care all that much, or even acknowledge it.
I don't think movie Prime is bad, I just think there are some incongruities in his personality, laregly due to scriptwriting oversights I suppose...


Actually, I have a slightly different take on this.

If only Ironhide's death had been played up a little more, his violence would have been more justified. His old friend, his comrade in arms, shot in the back by one of their own. Even the most rational and peace-loving leader would call for blood.


This. If there is a TF4, I truly believe Ironhide's death marks the beginning of Optimus's downfall. Over the course of the three movies he became progressively more violent and I don't see that stoping after that scene at the end of DOTM.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby biotron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

covenant_of_unicron wrote:Not to mention that this version of Prime allowed God only knows how many civilian casualties because he needed to "teach the humans a lesson about Deceptiocons". It seems to me that the only lesson is that being an Autobot stands for nothing.


But Prime, along with the rest of the Autobots, had of course just been banished from Earth by the government. So what were his options? He could have decided NOT to concoct a secret plan for them to stow away in a booster rocket, in which case he and the rest of the Autobots would have been destroyed in the Starscreem attack. In which case the Decepticons would have won, and there'd have been a far more than just a bit of human 'collatoral damage'.
Is that meant to come off?
User avatar
biotron
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Still complaining about Movieverse Optimus Prime?

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:53 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
biotron wrote:
covenant_of_unicron wrote:Not to mention that this version of Prime allowed God only knows how many civilian casualties because he needed to "teach the humans a lesson about Deceptiocons". It seems to me that the only lesson is that being an Autobot stands for nothing.


But Prime, along with the rest of the Autobots, had of course just been banished from Earth by the government. So what were his options? He could have decided NOT to concoct a secret plan for them to stow away in a booster rocket, in which case he and the rest of the Autobots would have been destroyed in the Starscreem attack. In which case the Decepticons would have won, and there'd have been a far more than just a bit of human 'collatoral damage'.



I liked Optimus's show of strategery there. It's like the entire theme of the first movie "no sacrifice, no victory" if humans are stupid enough to dismiss their only means of preotection, they deserved whatever they got. Like Optimus said, they finally saw what the Decepticons would do to earth without the Autobots. Optimus let them get a taste of what the Decepticons where soliciting and then shut the whole thing down to try to teach earth a lesson. I bet the next time an evil alien race tells them to exile their protors, they won't listen.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014