Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Stupid Surrender Scene

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Pontimax 01 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Bonecrusher27 wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:Optimus getting stuck in wires didn't bother me at first. Till it took like 30 minutes and 3 additional autobots to get him done.
Like, in that whole slew of weapons, optimus doesn't have something that can cut through cables? He can rip apart decepticons faces, but if he gets tangled up, he's out of commission.


It was ridiculous! Watching it for a third time chafed like the first. You are absolutely right, couldn't he have extricated himself? It almost makes me suspect it was an attempt at humour, but given the gravity of the situation I hardly think it would be. Why the devil would they do an image buster like that?



It felt like me that is was the only way they could come up with segwaying to the other robots. Like they gave Prime so much screen time that they decided they needed him tangled up to buy time. They didn't want to hurt him, just get him off screen for a few minutes with a (feeble) plausible explanation of where he was and what he was doing. Answer: Just hangin' around.
Image
User avatar
Pontimax 01
Headmaster
Posts: 1065
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm
Location: Vandalia/Dayton, OH

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby shamone » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:
shamone wrote:she says this one is better

its an unnecessary comment

but we hear what we want


It has nothing to do with "hearing what we want." No one's mother is going to say "You know, your current girlfriend is great, but I'd probably rank her right with your last one. You know, the one who dumped you."

Like it or not, Megan Fox's character could have been written out as a bad person, or killed off, but they instead had Sam date a different girl and basically just said "hey, things didn't work out."


it was a thouroughly unnecessary scene and a douche move by bay
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Bonecrusher27 wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:Optimus getting stuck in wires didn't bother me at first. Till it took like 30 minutes and 3 additional autobots to get him done.
Like, in that whole slew of weapons, optimus doesn't have something that can cut through cables? He can rip apart decepticons faces, but if he gets tangled up, he's out of commission.


It was ridiculous! Watching it for a third time chafed like the first. You are absolutely right, couldn't he have extricated himself? It almost makes me suspect it was an attempt at humour, but given the gravity of the situation I hardly think it would be. Why the devil would they do an image buster like that?



That scene was mearly to give the wreckers some more screen time and to attempt to justify why Optimus wasn't present to rescue the Autobots during their capture. I agree that concidering that we all know he has a sword built into his arm he really should have been able to rescue himself. Unless his wing suit somehow blocked his sword from poping out... Doubt it though.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Bleak5170 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:27 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Blackstreak wrote:I honestly can't understand why all the Autobots were trussed up all of a sudden as prisoners. I would have wanted to see them get beaten into submission then ceremoniously executed. I didn't want to be dropped into the middle of it not knowing how it happened. That is the only scene in the movie that didn't seem to truly fit w/out some scenes being omitted.



Exactly! That scene just popped up out of nowhere. One minute Bumblebee is rescuing Sam and Lennox, and the next thing you know he's about to be executed with the others. I really would have liked at least some sort of build up to that scene. There definitely seemed to be a few "missing scenes" in this movie.

Oh and how the heck did this get turned into yet another Megan Fox topic?
User avatar
Bleak5170
Minibot
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 am

Bleak5170 wrote: Oh and how the heck did this get turned into yet another Megan Fox topic?


:lol: Total non sequitur! I kept scouring my original post to see if there was anything in there that might have triggered it but... :lol:
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 965
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 am

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Dinoswipe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 am

this is about the surrender scene
not about Megan Fox. shes gone. she wasnt the best. anyways. bay just dressed her up for eye candy. just like Rosie. Rosie was a better actor though.
stick to the topic guys

check out the sig. be sure to check the topic listed below too.
Dinoswipe

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

shamone wrote:it was a thouroughly unnecessary scene and a douche move by bay


There is nothing douchey about it. They used TWO lines to write the character out. They didn't harp on it, they didn't dwell on it, and not once did they use a swear about her. One TF called her mean after she tried to light his friend's eye on fire.

I don't care if you hated the film. Go ahead and hate it! But don't try saying that there are things there that aren't.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 753
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Marcdachamp wrote:
shamone wrote:it was a thouroughly unnecessary scene and a douche move by bay


There is nothing douchey about it. They used TWO lines to write the character out. They didn't harp on it, they didn't dwell on it, and not once did they use a swear about her. One TF called her mean after she tried to light his friend's eye on fire.

I don't care if you hated the film. Go ahead and hate it! But don't try saying that there are things there that aren't.


Agreed. It was a nessasary scene as it explained why Sam wasn't with Micheala. There was nothing disresepctfull about it. It lasted a mear 10 seconds in one scene, and 5 (if that) in another. NO harm, no foul.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby crossblades » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:37 am

it did strike me as weird that from 30 seconds before BB saved sam, to then be under armed guard about to be executed.....

also it stated 4 bots were captued, but the scene had BB, ratchet, Q, silverstreak and dino...

I think that could be part fo the film that had been cut, who knows maybe we find out in the DVD version what was ment to have happened....
I'm also looking for G1 Scattershot - complete with all parts for computron (i've got all the other techno bots, just not got their leader! If you have him and are looking to sell or swap for something please let me know - cheers
crossblades
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Red 50 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
crossblades wrote:it did strike me as weird that from 30 seconds before BB saved sam, to then be under armed guard about to be executed.....

also it stated 4 bots were captued, but the scene had BB, ratchet, Q, silverstreak and dino...

I think that could be part fo the film that had been cut, who knows maybe we find out in the DVD version what was ment to have happened....


1. It's possible that he had stormed off directly into an ambush and was caught off guard, surrounded, so he had no choice but to do what they said.

2. Silverstreak? Don't you mean Sideswipe?
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby crossblades » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:03 am

ah i'm useless with names, and silverstreak sounds so much better for a silver car, than sideswipe :P my point was there were still 5 bots under guard, and only 4 mentioned by the us troops :P

i just feel that the film could have done with about 10 seconds per bot showing them being captured, and the death of Q could have been put into that, rather than an execution, then BB almost being executed, before everything kicks off
I'm also looking for G1 Scattershot - complete with all parts for computron (i've got all the other techno bots, just not got their leader! If you have him and are looking to sell or swap for something please let me know - cheers
crossblades
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
crossblades wrote:ah i'm useless with names, and silverstreak sounds so much better for a silver car, than sideswipe :P my point was there were still 5 bots under guard, and only 4 mentioned by the us troops :P

i just feel that the film could have done with about 10 seconds per bot showing them being captured, and the death of Q could have been put into that, rather than an execution, then BB almost being executed, before everything kicks off



Minor details in the script are usually the first thing to get overlooked in the final editing process of most movies, especially ones like this where they need alot going on at the same time. It's not the first time a mistake like this happened anyway, in ROTF they counted five Decepticons going down to where Megatron was, and then they counted six coming back up when one was killed to use as parts for Megatron. If they have sonars that can pick up something as small as Scalpel then they'd also be picking up every fish and crustacean within range too.
Quick Toy Reviews. My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/QuickToyReviews

Image

Groovy
User avatar
Fires_Of_Inferno
Headmaster
Posts: 1175
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta. Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote: If they have sonars that can pick up something as small as Scalpel then they'd also be picking up every fish and crustacean within range too.


:lol: Well said! :lol:
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 965
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 am

Re: Stupid Surrender Scene

Postby JetOptimus23 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 am

Motto: "I hecked up"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Well, i thought the surrender scene was pretty good. And for a second i actually thought they would kill Bumblebee. it went like this;

Q dies
Damn. well that sucks. I guess op saves them now, right?
BB is put on the block.
Pfft, no way.
it continues.
...your not gonna kill him are you?
Soundwave gets ready to pull the trigger.
HOLY @#$% THEY'RE GONNA KILL HIM!
Prime saves them.

Phew. i totally knew he would live. >:oP


In fact, i saw a few kids hugging their parents in relief. Wussies. :P
PROFESSIONAL ARMADA APOLOGIST

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
Image
User avatar
JetOptimus23
Godmaster
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014