Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.


Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
No way.

They'd have to be like the size of MP Spike to fit inside the toys' Vehicle modes. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17984
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby KNM2012 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Speaking of Microman... I wonder if they have ever considered doing pre-Transformers reissues. Diaclone is currently 30 and Microman will turn 40 in a couple of years. Plus, we have less than 3 years (for Japan) until they celebrate 30 years of Transformers there.

And yes - Atop of a few Transformers that I'd like to see be placed in the Encore line... I would love to see the Diaclone line get some love, even if they become Toy Hobby or e-HOBBY exclusives. My collection needs some of that kind of lovin'. :lol:

But with this... Lets just say that I am glad I did not preorder. Just not feeling anything when it comes to the final product. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby guarayakha » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Starsaber would've been perfect if he was in Convoy's alt colors, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion.

Image
guarayakha
Combiner
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:49 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.


Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
No way.

They'd have to be like the size of MP Spike to fit inside the toys' Vehicle modes. ;)


O well, Saber is on the maybe list. My Asterisk and KP girls are getting lonely ;;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15019
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
guarayakha wrote:Starsaber would've been perfect if he was in Convoy's alt colors, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion.

Image


True dat. Although he could use a bit more white on the chest, maybe.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8741
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby daimchoc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

c/o Cybergundam

Image
Image
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 116
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17984
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby craggy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 am

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P

I think it's just the manufacturers managed to hide the articulation points better on humans, and to be fair, they are a much larger scale.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4729
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby lonrac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
soooo tempting, but as I can only afford one, I'll pick the character I don't have many versions of already
User avatar
lonrac
Minibot
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 am

craggy wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P

I think it's just the manufacturers managed to hide the articulation points better on humans, and to be fair, they are a much larger scale.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :D
Breakdown 2099

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014