Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:25 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
I don't know if it's just lack of sleep, poor problem solving skills or that I'm just slow. For whatever reason I cannot seem to make heads or tails of putting together a fairly accurate Classics Superion using the FansProject add on set. I have both releases of the jets and the regular kit. I'd appreciate a rundown of what you've got and possibly pictures. The set up I want is based on G1 Firefight(right arm), G1 Slingshot(left arm), G1 Skydive (right leg) and G1 Air Raid(left leg). I'd appreciate the help and any pointers. I'm baffled as to why I never bothered to try to cobble something together that resembled G1 a little more.
:BOT:
Last edited by Flux Convoy on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6538
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:30 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I think I have mine out right now, I'll try and snag a pic later.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15246
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:42 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Counterpunch wrote:I think I have mine out right now, I'll try and snag a pic later.

Cool thanks. Here's what I'm thinking for the arms. ROTF Airazor as Slingshot and the left arm. Energon Windrazor as Firefight and the right arm.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6538
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
I do it as RotF Silverbolt as the center, RotF Air Raid for the left arm, RotF Airazor for the right arm, Energon Sky Shadow for the left leg, and Energon Terradive for the right leg. I use the first version of the Crossfire set, an abdomen filler from Shapeways that has thrusters and allows for hip posability, and a KO G1 Superion head. I wasn't trying to get G1 accuracy but get a good overall look as a Gestalt in the back of my Autobots display.
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
zodconvoy wrote:I do it as RotF Silverbolt as the center, RotF Air Raid for the left arm, RotF Airazor for the right arm, Energon Sky Shadow for the left leg, and Energon Terradive for the right leg. I use the first version of the Crossfire set, an abdomen filler from Shapeways that has thrusters and allows for hip posability, and a KO G1 Superion head. I wasn't trying to get G1 accuracy but get a good overall look as a Gestalt in the back of my Autobots display.


Could you show some pics? I'm interested in this abdomen filler thing. Is it still available?
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
kirbenvost wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:I do it as RotF Silverbolt as the center, RotF Air Raid for the left arm, RotF Airazor for the right arm, Energon Sky Shadow for the left leg, and Energon Terradive for the right leg. I use the first version of the Crossfire set, an abdomen filler from Shapeways that has thrusters and allows for hip posability, and a KO G1 Superion head. I wasn't trying to get G1 accuracy but get a good overall look as a Gestalt in the back of my Autobots display.


Could you show some pics? I'm interested in this abdomen filler thing. Is it still available?


Here is the seller's page. On page 3 you will find the start of the ab fillers. There are 4 versions.

http://www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=44163
Image
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
User avatar
Prime Evil
City Commander
Posts: 3145
News Credits: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:22 am
Location: West Chester, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Prime Evil wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:Could you show some pics? I'm interested in this abdomen filler thing. Is it still available?


Here is the seller's page. On page 3 you will find the start of the ab fillers. There are 4 versions.

http://www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=44163


This is the abdomen filler I picked. Does exactly what it's supposed to: fills in the huge gap in his guts. Silverbolt's nosecone tabs in solid as a rock too. Solves all the sturdiness issues.
This is the first way I display Superion on the shelf (Silverbolt and Drag Strip for any needed scale reference):
Image

I just changed it to this but I'm not sure if I'll keep it like that for too long:
Image

And hey, it could be worse. It could have Unicron parts...
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Zod, that second option looks amazing!
I guess I'll have to get myself one of those filler pieces as well and that head as well, that just looks boss.
Does the head attach easily?
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13955
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I recall I liked the paint apps for the ROTF release and I bought it just after I bought the upgrade set. I already had the Energon Aerialbots but I remember after using the ROTF set it just didn't seem to hold perfectly at certain points. I can't explain in detail but in the end the Energon Aerialbots worked perfect! Hope things work out for you Flux Convoy! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1488
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Dead Metal wrote:Zod, that second option looks amazing!
I guess I'll have to get myself one of those filler pieces as well and that head as well, that just looks boss.
Does the head attach easily?


The head is a KO G1 Superion head and it just sits on the normal Silverbolt head. It fits about as well as the Protector's does on Hot Rod's. I don't think it's any bigger than the original G1 Superion helmet. I just plain don't the combined head it came with!
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Thanks everyone, I've got him sorted now. I'm gonna get one of the waist pieces too since that's always been a design flaw. I loved the concept of the combiners in Energon. There were simply major screw ups in the figures and assembly to make them great. The FP kits are a giant leap toward making them far better. Thanks again, all. ;)
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6538
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Nemesis Destron » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
zodconvoy wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Zod, that second option looks amazing!
I guess I'll have to get myself one of those filler pieces as well and that head as well, that just looks boss.
Does the head attach easily?


The head is a KO G1 Superion head and it just sits on the normal Silverbolt head. It fits about as well as the Protector's does on Hot Rod's. I don't think it's any bigger than the original G1 Superion helmet. I just plain don't the combined head it came with!


Wow I just now noticed that. It does look top shelf so I gotta get me one too, thanks for posting that Zod! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Brainmaster
Posts: 1488
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: OC So-Cal

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Wow, looks awesome! How do you do that alternate transformation for the arms? Looks so much more G1, I want to do that with mine.

Thanks for the link to Shapeways, looks pretty awesome. I'm guessing these need painting? Too bad FP didn't include something like this in the kit already, but to be fair it was their first combiner upgrade.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:41 pm

For those of us not talented with painting, which of those color options for the chest fillers do you guys suppose would work with RotF Superion and FP's first set of parts?
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4112
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
kirbenvost wrote:Wow, looks awesome! How do you do that alternate transformation for the arms? Looks so much more G1, I want to do that with mine.

Thanks for the link to Shapeways, looks pretty awesome. I'm guessing these need painting? Too bad FP didn't include something like this in the kit already, but to be fair it was their first combiner upgrade.


It was really easy to do. Here's a side view:
Image

Now the forearm blasters would only fit on the inside of the arms. You can switch the legs to keep them but I chose not to.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:For those of us not talented with painting, which of those color options for the chest fillers do you guys suppose would work with RotF Superion and FP's first set of parts?


I got it in the sturdy white plastic and just stuck it in there. I didn't even paint mine and you see how it looks. I think it looks great as it is!
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Cool, thanks for the pics! Easy indeed. I'll probably fold the leg or something so it's not just hanging off the back of the combiner.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
kirbenvost wrote:Cool, thanks for the pics! Easy indeed. I'll probably fold the leg or something so it's not just hanging off the back of the combiner.


I tried a couple of ways of bending and twisting that leg to get it out of the way but I just got fed up and said screw it. It goes against the back of the Bots shelf anyway so it doesn't bother me. I hope you find something better.
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I think I'll bite and get myself the CrazyDevy Superion head, the cheap one not the one with the LEDs, since KO Superion is a little too expensive just to buy as a head for my Classics Superion.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13955
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby cylor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:44 am

Maybe you could just get a vintage G1 head. There are plenty of them on ebay for 5-6$, both in Europe and in the US.
cylor
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:57 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
cylor wrote:Maybe you could just get a vintage G1 head. There are plenty of them on ebay for 5-6$, both in Europe and in the US.

Yea I know, I found them pretty cheap on Transformersland
http://www.transformerland.com/store/search3.php
But the CrazyDevy head does look a little better and a little more modern, so I'll just get that.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13955
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby zodconvoy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
I only used a KO head because that's what I have. It's not a good KO or anything like that. I got it from a crappy Easter basket at a discount store years ago. If you do gt the Crazydevy head, post pics. I may be down for one.
Now for Sale!

HUGE MASTERPIECE CLEARANCE SALE!
NOW ON eBAY:

MP-10B BLACK CONVOY W/COIN!
TRU SOUNDWAVE LOOSE BUT COMPLETE!
FANS TOYS QUAKE WAVE!
PROWL & STREAK!
KO MP-10 CONVOY!
In the US and the cheapest on eBay!

Also:
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3073
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
zodconvoy wrote:I only used a KO head because that's what I have. It's not a good KO or anything like that. I got it from a crappy Easter basket at a discount store years ago. If you do gt the Crazydevy head, post pics. I may be down for one.

Will do, might take a while till it arrives though.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13955
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
zodconvoy wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:Cool, thanks for the pics! Easy indeed. I'll probably fold the leg or something so it's not just hanging off the back of the combiner.


I tried a couple of ways of bending and twisting that leg to get it out of the way but I just got fed up and said screw it. It goes against the back of the Bots shelf anyway so it doesn't bother me. I hope you find something better.


I didn't come up with much better. Originally I had it like yours but with the leg folded against the nose of the plane. Looked okay...now I just have it folded up as it would be in alt mode. Kinda defeats the G1-ness a bit though. Not sure which way I want to keep it, haven't decided yet. However, I did figure out a solution for the guns I thought you might like to see:

Image

Image
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Just thought I'd update, I did find a solution for folding those legs that I'm pretty pleased with. The arms, not quite sure yet. He's also packing HEAT now. :grin: I'll post pics when able.

I also found a loose G2 Superion head I'm considering buying for this... although there's nowhere to put it in alt mode, so maybe not. I also don't know why I thought the different configuration was more G1, because it's totally not. :lol: But I still think it looks cooler anyway and allows for more articulation, so I'm keeping it.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8733
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Superion Maximus-Classics Superion

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Got in that abdomen filler from shapeways. Makes a world of difference. Thanks Zodconvoy for the suggestion.
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3573
News Credits: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Next

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014