Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SyFy Collection Intervention

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby RAcast » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
MINDVVIPE wrote:Or he could keep his entire collection, sit on an ever-appreciating gold mine, and just work a normal job like most of the rest of the world. Then one day when he has to come up with the cash to buy his own hoverbike, he'll have enough.

I have to agree with you. The collectibles market is kinda soft right now, it's really dumb to sell the big ticket items right now.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2832
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby xyl360 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 pm

I would never sell my collection, even if I really really really needed the money.

The way I see it, money that's spent is money I don't have, period. I do not look at my collection and think of them as 'valuables' or 'an investment'. %$*& all that. They are MINE and that's all there is to it :P.

If I wanted to buy things as an investment, there are far more lucrative markets out there (gold for instance). I ain't in it for the money.

I don't have a family, I don't have a mortgage and I don't live off of mommy and daddy so in the very unlikely event that I were ever on a show like this (NOT going to happen obviously :P), I'd tell them that I'm keeping the toys. You can sell them or give them away once I'm dead. Until then, they are mine.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
xyl360 wrote:You can sell them or give them away once I'm dead. Until then, they are mine.


Ideally, having them given away to a new generation of kids who are going to appreciate Transformers like we do. Then it also becomes a part of history in a larger way, eventually becoming an antique, haha. Okay, the coolest antique ever short of the first crossbow.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby dedcat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
It's obvious this woman knows nothing of collecting beyond what her producers tell her in between jump cuts. Fake and forced drama by a faux self righteous talking head... should be ratings gold. I'm going to read a book now.
User avatar
dedcat
Fuzor
Posts: 238
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:03 pm

The logic of getting rid of BotCon '94 Breakdown just because "he's not G1" painted the host as someone who's done her homework, and might really want to care, but still doesn't get it.

If you're old enough to have been a Transfan from the very beginning, and never wavered all throughout the '90s, G2 stuff might well hold even more emotional value than anything G1. Those were the days when it seemed Hasbro would just let the whole franchise keel over dead at any moment, something likely incomprehensible to the kids today who've grown up with the live action movies propelling Transformers to even greater worldwide recognition than G1. That first BotCon exclusive is a symbol of hope that even if you were someday the last person on Earth who still cared, that even if none of the fair-weather-fans ever came back, that maybe Transformers could still live on forever and continue to mean something instead of being just a highlight of '80s nostalgia.

That's why I get so pissed off at the Geewunner, "I stopped liking it in 1986, so they should've stopped making Transformers then," attitude I run into so often (though not around this site, of course). I was still there for G2, it was awesome, and there's no way we'd be getting all we take for granted today if it the franchise had died in the '90s. If I had G2 Breakdown, I'd sell all of my complete G1 gestalt teams first.

Well, partly because I have faith that I'd be able to buy exact repro KOs of all of the American G1 stuff eventually, even if HasTak never finds the molds necessary for legit reissues. Just being pragmatic, and pragmatism is what these "Interventions" are about, right?
Bumblevivisector
Brainmaster
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
well there goes his back up retirement plan, people just need to shut the hell up and leave collectors alone. If they can still move around their place and still have room to live & eat then its not a problem, if you cant move around or see the floor then its a problem. And in that case all you need to do is rent out a storage unit or two and your golden. I would never get rid of any of my collections especially my TF one, yeah i might sell or trade a few i dont care to much about(i have a few that to this day i wonder why the hell i got em) but never the entire thing or a big chunk. Hell i plan to be burred with mine,i told my friends and family to make my casket out of my transformers then put my Rodimus' & soundwaves in there with me plus a few figures from other collections. God that host is a moron, she needs to be hit upside the head then fired. If your going to do a show about collecting get someone who knows about the stuff thats on that show, have a different person every week or something just dont use the same host and google. Plus if they really did their homework they'd know the market is crap right now and they're just fraking tha guy over, oh wait i just figured out the show. Still cant get over that Stargate Atlantis & eureka got canceled for crap like this. Give us more Destination Truth and get this garbage off, at least that show is funny and you learn a few things about monster legends.


EDIT: a friend and i were just discussing this and i thought of another reason to leave collectors the hell alone, instead of collecting little action figures or buying a figure to try and cheer us up after a **** day we could be doing crack or getting drunk every night. Yes an argument could be made that collecting is as addictive as a drug but its a hell of a lot less damaging if at all and can always become an investment unlike drugs or booze, unless its a very very very old bottle of booze. Ill stop ranting now, well until next time at least. Qapla'
Last edited by Megatron Wolf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4738
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Soundwave__Superior » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Motto: "Cries and screams are music to my ears."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
griftimus prime wrote:i thought hasbro was the intervention. they keep making crap people do not want. or they do not release what we do want.

^ This.


But seriously, a show about people getting rid of their collections? This is bad comedy.
Image
:CON: Soundwave Superior :CON:
User avatar
Soundwave__Superior
Minibot
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 pm

grayj74 wrote:What's the fun of keeping them in the boxes? I have maybe three or four out of over a thousand that are actually still in their boxes. I don't get it...


It is because there are those who prefer keeping their toys in the same condition they first obtained them. It could be for monetary reasons for some, and sentimental reasons for others. (For example, my collection is being built on the prospect of having a collection that defines me (during this period of my life). That, and while I prepare to have them AFA'd, I find the fun of learning things about them.)

So in the end... The fun can be anything from collecting certain characters to learning about the ones we do buy. And with this series, they also teach collectors that half of the fun of owning a collection is finding ways to display them. 8)

Now if you don't mind... I need to seek out the estimated 2-5 pieces I want to add to my collection. :BOT:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby agentcastle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Motto: "aka crotchimus prime"
the show's been decent so far:

1) it puts my collection into perspective and shuts the wife up... for a lil while at least

2) for the most part, the chick knows her stuff; she encourages the people to keep the best and most meaningful parts of their collection - paraphrasing, "if you've got too many things to actually enjoy your collection, then maybe you've entered the realm of hoarding"

3) and yes, its almost always a spouse calling for help - so turn the show off before the final few seconds, otherwise your wife might catch the number and we'll be lamenting your losses next episode
User avatar
agentcastle
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:25 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 1

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby YRQRM0 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Soundwave__Superior wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:i thought hasbro was the intervention. they keep making crap people do not want. or they do not release what we do want.

^ This.


But seriously, a show about people getting rid of their collections? This is bad comedy.


LOL
I know that some people will enjoy this show, but from the looks of it, this doesn't look all that exciting for someone who actually collects. I'll watch it though, just to see the toys.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby xyl360 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:EDIT: a friend and i were just discussing this and i thought of another reason to leave collectors the hell alone, instead of collecting little action figures or buying a figure to try and cheer us up after a **** day we could be doing crack or getting drunk every night. Yes an argument could be made that collecting is as addictive as a drug but its a hell of a lot less damaging if at all and can always become an investment unlike drugs or booze, unless its a very very very old bottle of booze. Ill stop ranting now, well until next time at least. Qapla'

Why can't we do all of the above, you know, get drunk, collect toys, do crack :lol:, only kidding.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
xyl360 wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:EDIT: a friend and i were just discussing this and i thought of another reason to leave collectors the hell alone, instead of collecting little action figures or buying a figure to try and cheer us up after a **** day we could be doing crack or getting drunk every night. Yes an argument could be made that collecting is as addictive as a drug but its a hell of a lot less damaging if at all and can always become an investment unlike drugs or booze, unless its a very very very old bottle of booze. Ill stop ranting now, well until next time at least. Qapla'

Why can't we do all of the above, you know, get drunk, collect toys, do crack :lol:, only kidding.


Doing crack is frowned upon?
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

agentcastle wrote:the show's been decent so far:

1) it puts my collection into perspective and shuts the wife up... for a lil while at least

2) for the most part, the chick knows her stuff; she encourages the people to keep the best and most meaningful parts of their collection - paraphrasing, "if you've got too many things to actually enjoy your collection, then maybe you've entered the realm of hoarding"

3) and yes, its almost always a spouse calling for help - so turn the show off before the final few seconds, otherwise your wife might catch the number and we'll be lamenting your losses next episode

Wow. Just wow. That is a bit sexist of you to speak that way. >:oP

But seriously - I'll have to remember this when I talk to this one collector whose wife not only supports his collection, but also gets to say what pieces are hers. :lol:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Seibertron » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
User897 wrote:I honestly don't know why the hell Seibertron.com is supporting this show. Lives will be ruined and collections decimated, so they put it on the front page?

LAME.


Not everything that goes in our news section is stuff that I want to support.

Truth be told, the concept of this show makes me cringe. Many people would probably think I'm obsessed. While Transformers does consume much of my day from morning to night, unlike most people my personal "obsession" has become a successful business with which I support my family. A show like this would attempt to make a mockery of myself or my business ventures with Seibertron.com.

I couldn't quite tell what was going on with the preview clip. Did the guy have high end pieces like that and was still living at his folks place in his mid 30s or did he have his own place and was holding onto high end pieces? If it's the former and he's over 22 or out of college ... time to get a place of your own. If he does have a place of his own, a show like this should leave him alone.

It'll be interesting to watch once. I'm sure I'll chime back in here tomorrow about this show.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23419
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby chevymantf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 pm

bruh watching this makes me wanna sell my collection off, i have over 175 tf's but i dont want to be that 23 yr old nigga that still collects toys, it was a good 11 yr run rip my collection 2001-2012 maybe :-?
chevymantf
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby xyl360 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:04 pm

chevymantf wrote:bruh watching this makes me wanna sell my collection off, i have over 175 tf's but i dont want to be that 23 yr old nigga that still collects toys, it was a good 11 yr run rip my collection 2001-2012 maybe :-?

:lol:, I'm 33 and still collecting. In fact I didn't actually start collecting until 2-3 years ago and I've no plans to stop now, at least not as long as they're still making toys that I like.

It's up to you if you think someone like myself (and many others around here) are too old to still collect toys and that you're getting too old for it, but those of us who are still into it will probably still be collecting once you've sold off your collection of 175+ toys (I'm not sure how many I have at this point, but it's well above 175).

If I run out of space for my collection, I'll get a bigger place. I ain't selling and they can't make me :P.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Seibertron wrote:
User897 wrote:I honestly don't know why the hell Seibertron.com is supporting this show. Lives will be ruined and collections decimated, so they put it on the front page?

LAME.


Not everything that goes in our news section is stuff that I want to support.

Truth be told, the concept of this show makes me cringe. Many people would probably think I'm obsessed. While Transformers does consume much of my day from morning to night, unlike most people my personal "obsession" has become a successful business with which I support my family. A show like this would attempt to make a mockery of myself or my business ventures with Seibertron.com.

I couldn't quite tell what was going on with the preview clip. Did the guy have high end pieces like that and was still living at his folks place in his mid 30s or did he have his own place and was holding onto high end pieces? If it's the former and he's over 22 or out of college ... time to get a place of your own. If he does have a place of his own, a show like this should leave him alone.

It'll be interesting to watch once. I'm sure I'll chime back in here tomorrow about this show.

You both need to watch the series before passing judgement. Because so far, they only respond to people who asked for help. And the Transformer fan, based on what was stated, is somebody that wanted her help in hopes of becoming financially dependent and get his business off the ground.

And the rest? Well...

- There was the couple who are Star Wars fans. The wife had allowed their collection get out of hand, with the husband saying it was because he could not say no to her. They only removed a Rex statue and a few key items that did not contribute to their collection.

- Then there was a couple who needed to get out of debt. The husband had an obsession with Catwoman, but hid his collection in their garage. He gave it up so they can be out of debt, as he was not allowing himself to enjoy these items.

- And then there was guy who owned tons of G.I. Joes and Hot Wheels. The collection was cluttered and not taken care of. And because he was treating it like a 401K, they only sold the mainstream stuff. The rest, his wife said that they are going to figure out how they will display these items - Which turned out to be very nice in appearance.

- And finally, there was the wife/mother who was obsessed with Barbies. She had doubles of many items, incomplete sets, and her entire collection even took over the closets in the house. She ended up selling most of her collection, minus the Holiday pieces and a few others, and was rewarded with a "First Barbie" (which is her goal) as a gift her husband and sons.

And the entire time, she is saying nothing more than the fact that if you plan to have a huge collection, you need to do three things: Take good care of it, display it in a manner that can be enjoyed and not be in the way at the same time, and keep it under control... As in keep track of what you own and not let it get out of hand that you cannot enjoy every piece.

So yeah - It is something worth watching if you care to control your collection, start a new collection, and need help reducing what you have (for whatever reason you might have). >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I have never understood the point of collecting so many TFs that you couldn't display them. Buying them just to stash in a box is definitely way closer to hoarding at that point. I have all my tfs out on display, almost maxing out my room until I move into a bigger place. Why do some of you guys buy figures just to stash in boxes? (okay, if you buy doubles or triples, with the sole purpose of some to be a sort of museum piece, I gotcha. But otherwise, why?)
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:51 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:I have never understood the point of collecting so many TFs that you couldn't display them. Buying them just to stash in a box is definitely way closer to hoarding at that point. I have all my tfs out on display, almost maxing out my room until I move into a bigger place. Why do some of you guys buy figures just to stash in boxes? (okay, if you buy doubles or triples, with the sole purpose of some to be a sort of museum piece, I gotcha. But otherwise, why?)

Okay... I was going to stop responding to this topic, but I cannot because I very much like your question and point to your question. :BOWDOWN:

And to answer your question: My collection are in the boxes that they were shipped in because I had decided in (December) 2011 that I wanted to create a collection that my future child/children can inherit. Something that will explain to them who I have become after all the struggles (life, collections, etc.) I had faced beforehand. And to make sure that this will happen in the future, I also chose to submit them to AFA - Something I have yet done because I constantly find more that I want.

Sadly, even once I get that done, I have no space in my room to display them. And with my situation, as it stands (finances, conditions that limits my life, etc.), I do not know when or if I will have a place to display them anytime soon. :sad:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:12 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Okay... I was going to stop responding to this topic, but I cannot because I very much like your question and point to your question. :BOWDOWN:

And to answer your question: My collection are in the boxes that they were shipped in because I had decided in (December) 2011 that I wanted to create a collection that my future child/children can inherit. Something that will explain to them who I have become after all the struggles (life, collections, etc.) I had faced beforehand. And to make sure that this will happen in the future, I also chose to submit them to AFA - Something I have yet done because I constantly find more that I want.

Sadly, even once I get that done, I have no space in my room to display them. And with my situation, as it stands (finances, conditions that limits my life, etc.), I do not know when or if I will have a place to display them anytime soon. :sad:


Interesting. Good idea about the inheritance part, and I only just looked up the AFA and realized I should have had a bunch of figures apraised properly before selling them off to create funds for Crossfire Bruticus, haha.
Perhaps I seemed kind of unsympathetic to those who just end up with too many that they run out of room. I can see myself getting that point without even knowing, given the steadily increasing 3rd party scene.

Its great looking back at some figures and reliving the great feeling of happening upon them. I just recently found RID Vehicon in Doha airport (near Dubai). Of all the places to find my most sought after RID figure, during a tormenting 48 hours worth of travelling around the world, I just kept it together, knowing when I get home I could enjoy it in peace :grin:
Sorry for the tangical story, but yea, each figure does have a story behind them to me, and thats a great thing, even if it isn't that big a deal to those who inherit them later.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:Interesting. Good idea about the inheritance part, and I only just looked up the AFA and realized I should have had a bunch of figures apraised properly before selling them off to create funds for Crossfire Bruticus, haha.


Thanks. I just wish I had the benefit to do this sooner, as there are so many Transformers that I have missed out on. :lol: But despite that, I am going to go all-out and include the UV protection option if it does not alter the look of the casing.

And with my collection, as it stands, I can only see 2-3 of the 10 I currently own taking time to have its value pay off the price to grade it. :P

MINDVVIPE wrote:Perhaps I seemed kind of unsympathetic to those who just end up with too many that they run out of room. I can see myself getting that point without even knowing, given the steadily increasing 3rd party scene.


I can understand. I have seen photos of rooms where the owner has their collection set up in a very nice manner. I have seen other photos where I seriously wonder why they have their collection so poorly organized.

And with me - My goal is to have a room where I can display my entire Transformers collection. Either in a small "Wall of Fame" manner or blended with books and other items. Not sure yet, as I said I will stop buying once there are no more characters that I want to own.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Its great looking back at some figures and reliving the great feeling of happening upon them. I just recently found RID Vehicon in Doha airport (near Dubai). Of all the places to find my most sought after RID figure, during a tormenting 48 hours worth of travelling around the world, I just kept it together, knowing when I get home I could enjoy it in peace :grin:


I have a similar feeling with #4. It is a "Welcome to Transformers 2010" Predaking. Long story short - I first spotted him in Koriyama, but could not get myself to buy him despite the fact that my inner child was screaming "BUY IT!!!" in that manner. :lol:

My second attempt had me get him through TFsource. He was $170 (mint box), and sold out sometime after I ordered mine. I also worried that I could not have my order go through because I originally received my "the request was declined" phone message. It was not the case, and was one of the first pieces I received in 2012. :grin:

Then again, this year, I missed out on obtaining the original 2008 Henkei! Henkei! Transformers C-05 Hot Rodimus (MOSC) for a very good price in Akihabara. :sad:

MINDVVIPE wrote:Sorry for the tangical story, but yea, each figure does have a story behind them to me, and thats a great thing, even if it isn't that big a deal to those who inherit them later.


I am hoping to not have that be the case for me. Because I want to use it as a means for them to find what they like and want to collect. And maybe have them connect this collection with their own. >:oP But we will have to wait and see... Even though I am wondering how big my collection will become by then. :-?
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
MINDVVIPE wrote:I have never understood the point of collecting so many TFs that you couldn't display them. Buying them just to stash in a box is definitely way closer to hoarding at that point. I have all my tfs out on display, almost maxing out my room until I move into a bigger place. Why do some of you guys buy figures just to stash in boxes? (okay, if you buy doubles or triples, with the sole purpose of some to be a sort of museum piece, I gotcha. But otherwise, why?)


I have nothing on display. Just current toys that are accessible to me in tubs that I need for galleries (such as DOTM, Classics, Movie, and TFP toys). While I understand where you're coming from, it's really no different than someone who has a lot of money in the bank or a vacation home that they own somewhere else that they only visit a few times a year. For someone like me who owns about 4,000+ Transformers toys which I've accumulated over the past 30 years, the galleries on this site are my display. I probably get a similar satisfaction from completing galleries that you guys get when you see your figures on display and see your collection growing.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23419
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby KNM2012 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 am

Episode is over and there is no responses from the haters and trolls who assumed things about this. Huh. >:oP

And with his part of the episode... I have no idea what to say. One side has me feel for him when he sold his prize piece. But on the other side, he placed himself in that predicament. Especially since he is trying to run a business, not use money that is not his for his collection. >:oP
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby It Is Him » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 am

I was only able to catch the first 15 mins or so before having to turn my attention to something more pressing.

Two questions: When will this re-air? And what and where is this friggin' toy district in LA that the Toy Hell guy was talking about!? I wanna go there.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3322
News Credits: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: SyFy Collection Intervention

Postby Seibertron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
It Is Him wrote:I was only able to catch the first 15 mins or so before having to turn my attention to something more pressing.

Two questions: When will this re-air? And what and where is this friggin' toy district in LA that the Toy Hell guy was talking about!? I wanna go there.


Same here. All the times I've been to L.A. and I could've been conducting a little business as well. http://www.downtownlawalks.com/?f=toy_district
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23419
News Credits: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014