Takara Tomy Movieverse Products - Movie Advanced and Lost Age

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby TulioDude » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Both look nice,but I need to see more pictures before deciding on anything
Image
TulioDude is back!Now more social than ever!Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Transformers_leader » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Doesn't look bad, but if you already have the sdcc exclusive I don't think is a must have.
Transformers_leader
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Black Hat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Motto: "Silence is golden."
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Pistol
Eh, I preferred the Hasbro Grimlock with more chrome.

Slog looks good here though.
Seacon enthusiast, REEDUNer, GEETOOer and all around despicable individual.
william-james88 wrote:Also, I would love to watch a show about Hasbro designers revealing brand new products to cute asian women.

Formerly known as Delta Magnus.
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3120
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Spacebridge to nowhere.
Alt Mode: Black 1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Slog's colors don't match at all!!!!!!!! What happened Takara!! :BANG_HEAD:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
Image
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 947
News Credits: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Manterax Prime » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wow. Drift looks identical to his Hasbro counterpart.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 764
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Siger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Manterax Prime wrote:Wow. Drift looks identical to his Hasbro counterpart.

Can anyone spot the difference in the Takara drift that justifies a $20 markup?
Siger
Minibot
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:56 am

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby megatronus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm REALLY looking forward to that Drift. Loved the Skyhammer figure, and this looks vibrant & awesome.
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5273
News Credits: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Mr_Autobot411 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:52 pm

wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........
Mr_Autobot411
Minibot
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........


Who are you talking about? Please quote because the thread is quite big and there's many, many bots shown.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5611
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........
As if G1 coloring could "save" any mold. :roll:



-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........


Who are you talking about? Please quote because the thread is quite big and there's many, many bots shown.
I think he's referring to the Grimlock G1 Color Ver. redeco of AOE Voyager Grimlock.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 26307
News Credits: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........
As if G1 coloring could "save" any mold. :roll:



-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:wow, even in g1 colouring cant save this crappy mold..........


Who are you talking about? Please quote because the thread is quite big and there's many, many bots shown.
I think he's referring to the Grimlock G1 Color Ver. redeco of AOE Voyager Grimlock.


It could also be Wheeljack, or so may others...
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5611
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:It could also be Wheeljack, or so may others...
Yeah, but Grimlock's still currently on the front page as of this typing.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 26307
News Credits: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

"Rusty" Prime Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Seibertron.com message board member Chuckdawg1999 has provided us a video review of the Takara Tomy Toys "R" Us exclusive "Rusty" Optimus. This redeco and remold of the Evasion Mode Optimus mold features a plastic with the color of a white chocolate with "rusty" paint apps strewn about throughout the mold. This Optimus also features a head with a faceplate instead of the exposed face of the original.

You can see the video review below:



Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9497
News Credits: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby monstrinhotron » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:25 pm

i really want to like Rusty Prime but i can't. i love the paint job on the cab in vehicle mode but all that plain cream plastic just looks wrong. If it were all painted like the cab it would look amazing and be an instant buy. To expensive or impractical to make i suppose.
monstrinhotron
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 am

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby dragons » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:27 pm

sound obivious that people say takara version in truck mode is not movie accuate are the ones who paid more attention to acting, plot and acting like paid movie critics them selfs, its takar version in ruck mode is more accuate movie prime has faded flames, takara version have faded falmes in truck mode, Hasbro veriosn in truck mode is to clean to show flames when looking at truck mode, maybe possibly bullet hole or two on takra version have that Hasbro does no.

Hasbro have rusty look down but they could have added some bullet holes and faded falmes in truck mode to make more accuate I myself would have picked up Hasbro version if it did not come in five pack combo pack really like Hasbro bot mode more than takara combo pack pushed me away
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2796
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:28 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
dragons wrote:sound obivious that people say takara version in truck mode is not movie accuate are the ones who paid more attention to acting, plot and acting like paid movie critics them selfs, its takar version in ruck mode is more accuate movie prime has faded flames, takara version have faded falmes in truck mode, Hasbro veriosn in truck mode is to clean to show flames when looking at truck mode, maybe possibly bullet hole or two on takra version have that Hasbro does no.

Hasbro have rusty look down but they could have added some bullet holes and faded falmes in truck mode to make more accuate I myself would have picked up Hasbro version if it did not come in five pack combo pack really like Hasbro bot mode more than takara combo pack pushed me away


Why did I read this in a voice with a thick Russian accent? 8-}
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5611
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
yeah this thing looks like crap. hasbros is better by a lot.
i might get the barn breakout set but at 70 bucks im not sure. and thats 70 bucks of repaints.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3927
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Ohio
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
monstrinhotron wrote:i really want to like Rusty Prime but i can't. i love the paint job on the cab in vehicle mode but all that plain cream plastic just looks wrong. If it were all painted like the cab it would look amazing and be an instant buy. To expensive or impractical to make i suppose.


The plastic isn't cream but a very faded gray color.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Faction Commander
Posts: 4874
News Credits: 125
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby dalekslayer96 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Motto: "Where you see chaos, I see order. Where you see wrong, I see right."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:sound obivious that people say takara version in truck mode is not movie accuate are the ones who paid more attention to acting, plot and acting like paid movie critics them selfs, its takar version in ruck mode is more accuate movie prime has faded flames, takara version have faded falmes in truck mode, Hasbro veriosn in truck mode is to clean to show flames when looking at truck mode, maybe possibly bullet hole or two on takra version have that Hasbro does no.

Hasbro have rusty look down but they could have added some bullet holes and faded falmes in truck mode to make more accuate I myself would have picked up Hasbro version if it did not come in five pack combo pack really like Hasbro bot mode more than takara combo pack pushed me away


Why did I read this in a voice with a thick Russian accent? 8-}

Because there were a **** ton of grammatical errors.
User avatar
dalekslayer96
Micromaster
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: In my Type-96 Heavy-Duty-TARDIS... Wait, wrong continuity. I meant in my secret lab on Cybertron
Watch dalekslayer96 on YouTube
Buy from dalekslayer96 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Aside from the negativity, I really like this Rusty Optimus Prime. I really want it, not matter how much it costs. :)
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
Image
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 947
News Credits: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Transformers_leader » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:36 pm

It pisses me off that they show him in some other colors at first, like more movie accurate, and all the sudden we have an albino prime.
Transformers_leader
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby dalekslayer96 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Motto: "Where you see chaos, I see order. Where you see wrong, I see right."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Transformers_leader wrote:It pisses me off that they show him in some other colors at first, like more movie accurate, and all the sudden we have an albino prime.

That's not just albino prime. That's Albino-Roadkill-Prime.
User avatar
dalekslayer96
Micromaster
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: In my Type-96 Heavy-Duty-TARDIS... Wait, wrong continuity. I meant in my secret lab on Cybertron
Watch dalekslayer96 on YouTube
Buy from dalekslayer96 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby Peridot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:35 am

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Galvatron probably would have looked like Albino-Roadkill Prime if he weren't hijacked by Megatron. That, or Nemesis Prime.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:sound obivious that people say takara version in truck mode is not movie accuate are the ones who paid more attention to acting, plot and acting like paid movie critics them selfs, its takar version in ruck mode is more accuate movie prime has faded flames, takara version have faded falmes in truck mode, Hasbro veriosn in truck mode is to clean to show flames when looking at truck mode, maybe possibly bullet hole or two on takra version have that Hasbro does no.

Hasbro have rusty look down but they could have added some bullet holes and faded falmes in truck mode to make more accuate I myself would have picked up Hasbro version if it did not come in five pack combo pack really like Hasbro bot mode more than takara combo pack pushed me away


Why did I read this in a voice with a thick Russian accent? 8-}

Image
User avatar
Peridot
Combiner
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby PGTKevin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:42 am

Dispensor is my personal favorite. Just wish he was an actual Mountain Dew machine as opposed to a truck.
Image
User avatar
PGTKevin
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 pm

The rusting is done well enough and convincingly enough in alt mode to make me want to buy it.

In bot mode though......not so much. In bot mode there should have been more application of paint then wiped off to highlight more details and panel edges with the paint remaining in those wee crevasses and panel lines. With less straight brown "blotches" sprayed on from a spray gun. A little more care in those regards and some grey would have been nice in alt mode. Like in the elbows, shoulders and knees.

IMO.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Posts: 2486
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS Voyager- ONSLAUGHT - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds
original G1 Transformers WEAPONS PARTS LOT #103 Wheeljack Sideswipe Prowl Skids - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 12 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers G1 Action Masters Turbo Cycle with Prowl Complete Loose - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 12 seconds
Transformers Generation 2 Autobot Aerialbot Fireflight - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 2 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Menasor generations 6 figure box set motormaster new - Time Remaining: 27 days 4 hours 34 minutes 36 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV50 Hyper Surge Optimus Prime Figure F/S - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 6 minutes 10 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Animated Skywarp Decepticon Voyager Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 51 minutes 52 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 ULTRA MAGNUS action figure JAPAN VER - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 8 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory
Twincast / Podcast #160:
"Grappling with Memory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Website Security Test