Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby El Duque » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:54 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui continues to tease fans with a second Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl silhouette from a slightly different angle. According to the accompanying tweet the figure will be fully revealed in early March.

Site sponsors have this figure listed for a July release, with MP-18 Smokecreen and MP-19 Bluestreak repaints to follow in August and September.

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:Where, exactly did I contradict myself? My point of contention was "the very nature of the Masterpiece line", which I felt was intentionally designed both to select popular characters and molds which could be redecoed and retooled, as indeed, Seekers and OP are, and the Alert/Sideswipe mold has already demonstrated.
The very nature of the MP line is to take G1 designs and makes them super detailed and as show-accurate as possible with modern engineering. The use of redeco-able molds is just a business strategy not inherently tied to the purpose of the MP line. That's a strategy that is used for far more than just the MPs.

The contradiction comes from saying, "I think redecoes and retools are core to the Masterpiece series, just as it was to the original G1 toyline." By saying that they're as essential to MP line as the G1 line, that implies that both any molds that we redeoced and any molds that were new molds in G1 deserves the same treatment in MP form. Meaning that since Jazz was a different mold from Prowl in G1, he should have his own MP mold as well, which contradicts the claim that Jazz would work as a remold of MP Prowl.

That last paragraph made more sense in my head before I typed it, so I hope I worded it coherently enough. (:| I-)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16928
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Sinnertwin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Enough with the teasers already!
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
User avatar
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am
Location: KY, USA
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:19 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
This has me very aroused.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby noctorro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

<grumpy>

Before you pump out yet another Masterpiece, and choosing a mold that's been pretty much done in the Alternator line, you should consider rethinking the transformations.
My Seeker is flimsey, if you grab it by the waist the front of the body falls down, can't rotate the shoulders without shifting bigger parts etc.

tnx, Takara bye

</grumpy>
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
This is from a different angle. :P

KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.

If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.

Ultra Markus wrote:one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
But this is Prowl. :???:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16928
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Photoshoppers, anyone able to get more detail out of this one?
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8730
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Muscle Man » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

Weapon: Destructo Beams
ENOUGH WITH THE REPAINTS!
Image
User avatar
Muscle Man
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Muscle Man wrote:ENOUGH WITH THE REPAINTS!
Er, this toy is a new mold.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16928
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby TimothyR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 pm

My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
TimothyR wrote:My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.


Even if the Takara G1 toy had them too?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14582
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
noctorro wrote:<grumpy>

Before you pump out yet another Masterpiece, and choosing a mold that's been pretty much done in the Alternator line, you should consider rethinking the transformations.
My Seeker is flimsey, if you grab it by the waist the front of the body falls down, can't rotate the shoulders without shifting bigger parts etc.

tnx, Takara bye

</grumpy>


I understand your gripe and agree, but I think they did a pretty good job MP Sidesweipe, Convoy, and Soundwave. I have faith MP Prowl will have better articulation than the seekers.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8608
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:

Sabrblade wrote:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.
If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.


Point well taken, but this is Prowl(and more importantly for me the same mold as Bluestreak!) we are talking about! This much suspense just isn't right ;) On a more serious note, Nissan owns the rights to all things Datsun and Nissan has expressed no issues with licensing to HasTak for TFs correct, or am I getting things confused again?
Last edited by KnightStrike on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am
Location: KY, USA
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby sdn1337 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Come on... takara is definitely doing this on purpose! You can tell that this figure along with smokescreen and bluestreak are going to be awesome though. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I also hope that takara/hasbro keeps the same scale with the mp line. They probably will though i don't see why rescaling again would do any good. They probably did that with optimus because that was their first masterpiece ever and it was a test in a way.

But hopefully by 2015 most of the G1 roster will be out. I don't know though. That would be A LOT of mp figures in such little time. I just want to see everyone looking exactly how they looked in the show.

I wasn't alive when G1 started, but i bet anyone that was never thought years from then they'd have figures that look pretty much exactly the way they do in the show. The wonders of technology and the mind.
User avatar
sdn1337
Micromaster
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 am
Buy from sdn1337 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
sdn1337 wrote:Come on... takara is definitely doing this on purpose! You can tell that this figure along with smokescreen and bluestreak are going to be awesome though. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I also hope that takara/hasbro keeps the same scale with the mp line. They probably will though i don't see why rescaling again would do any good. They probably did that with optimus because that was their first masterpiece ever and it was a test in a way.

But hopefully by 2015 most of the G1 roster will be out. I don't know though. That would be A LOT of mp figures in such little time. I just want to see everyone looking exactly how they looked in the show.

I wasn't alive when G1 started, but i bet anyone that was never thought years from then they'd have figures that look pretty much exactly the way they do in the show. The wonders of technology and the mind.


I am pretty sure if in 1984 someone had told me that one day I would get Transformers that looked just like they did in the cartoon and have oodles of articulation so you could do all kinds of awesome poses my kid brain would have exploded from sheer awesomeness :lol:
User avatar
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 am
Location: KY, USA
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
This is from a different angle. :P

KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.

If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.

Ultra Markus wrote:one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
But this is Prowl. :???:

So, im not talking about Prowl
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Blurrz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
If they can get Lamborghini on board, I'm pretty damn sure all other motor companies are eager to follow.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11577
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby TimothyR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
TimothyR wrote:My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.


Even if the Takara G1 toy had them too?


If you notice, takara shoots more for toon accuracy. Hence their recent starscream, hot rod, and the accessories that soundwave and sideswipe come with.

In the cartoon neither car doors or robot mode doors had "POLICE" painted on them.

The only thing that takara omits are colors, especially silver for white. In the toon, primes waist and thighs are white, while his toy is silver/grey, same goes for parts of soundwaves legs and his forearms.

Hasbro will probably take the toy version, similar to what they did with hot rod.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in he world, it just wouldn't really coincide with the accuracy that they've been striving for lately.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Bowspearer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Takara are enjoying this teaser approach ay too much methinks. Still, I can't say I blame them. Every since the paradigm change with the line, they've boarded the proverbial gravy trail and become a pack of plastic crack addicts, with us, their helpless victims.

I imagine that it's just as hard on Shogo Hasui though. Could you imagine making these amazing versions of the original characters- knowing they've been aced, knowing people are going to love them, and then having to keep quiet about it? I imagine it's killing him and the Takara design team as much as it's killing us.

Also Blurrz is spot on about licensing. IIRC, recently it came out that licensing was the stumbling block with us getting a Hasbro release of Sideswipe and Red Alert, while Japan seems to be getting a free pass there. Chances are whilst most of the MP cars wont see a Hasbro release, they should still see a Takara release.
Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
Bowspearer
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby TimothyR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh, and I think the whole "this mold can be used for jazz" should end. It's not going to happen.. They're not going to use a non original mold for such a major character. They might use some similar techniques, but a lot of transformers share similar techniques.

They're haven't used soundwaves mold for a blaster, haven't used sideswipes mold for susnstreaker, and they haven't used primes mold for motormaster, so why would they use prowls as jazz?
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby sdn1337 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm

KnightStrike wrote:
sdn1337 wrote:Come on... takara is definitely doing this on purpose! You can tell that this figure along with smokescreen and bluestreak are going to be awesome though. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I also hope that takara/hasbro keeps the same scale with the mp line. They probably will though i don't see why rescaling again would do any good. They probably did that with optimus because that was their first masterpiece ever and it was a test in a way.

But hopefully by 2015 most of the G1 roster will be out. I don't know though. That would be A LOT of mp figures in such little time. I just want to see everyone looking exactly how they looked in the show.

I wasn't alive when G1 started, but i bet anyone that was never thought years from then they'd have figures that look pretty much exactly the way they do in the show. The wonders of technology and the mind.


I am pretty sure if in 1984 someone had told me that one day I would get Transformers that looked just like they did in the cartoon and have oodles of articulation so you could do all kinds of awesome poses my kid brain would have exploded from sheer awesomeness :lol:



Hopefully we will see most of the G1 characters in the next 2-3 years.. my most anticipated release. masterpiece witwicky set with sparkplug, spike, and daniel. :lol: :BOT: :CON:
User avatar
sdn1337
Micromaster
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 am
Buy from sdn1337 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Muscle Man wrote:ENOUGH WITH THE REPAINTS!
Er, this toy is a new mold.


Ha ha ha, agreed. Where's the high five emoticon?

Ultra Markus wrote:one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?


Yes, it would be a licensed Jazz. Just like BT before them, the MP line of cars will all be officially licensed.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6291
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion