Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Taliban Targets Cheney

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Postby Mechanurgist » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Alpha Strike wrote:A) He is no Democrat, he is a pure Republican. the Prince of Darkness, Duke of Destruction the list goes on and on regarding how bad this guy is.


You did notice the lower-case 'd', didn't you? As for "Prince of Darkness [...]", I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise you need to spend less time on transfan boards and more time in the real world. Much as people love to bash the other side in partisan hate-fests, Democrats and Republicans are all democrats, and Islamists are all our enemies. It's not the other political party that is the threat, it's the guys who want to destroy every political party and replace it with a theocracy. Remember that.
User avatar
Mechanurgist
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 pm

Postby Marcus Rush » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:40 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Mechanurgist wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:A) He is no Democrat, he is a pure Republican. the Prince of Darkness, Duke of Destruction the list goes on and on regarding how bad this guy is.


You did notice the lower-case 'd', didn't you? As for "Prince of Darkness [...]", I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise you need to spend less time on transfan boards and more time in the real world. Much as people love to bash the other side in partisan hate-fests, Democrats and Republicans are all democrats, and Islamists are all our enemies. It's not the other political party that is the threat, it's the guys who want to destroy every political party and replace it with a theocracy. Remember that.


Most of what I say politically is tounge in cheek when it comes to titles such as that. Chaney isn't exactly the democraticly elected official that he thinks he is. He and his partner were appointed and have manuvered many things to remain in power for profit. And I'd rag on a Democrat if they pulled the same stunts as have been forced upon the US and indeed the world over the past 6 years. I have little respect for people who violate the US constitution that are actually in positions to enforce it. Islamists are not our enemies, lets get that out there at this point. The Extreme views of Islam, indeed the real extreme view... fring bordering on whako views are the bad guys. And its not just Islamic Fundamentalists who do not have any sort of tolerence towards anyone who thinks differently, its Christian Fundamentalists, Jewish Fundamentalists... indeed Fundamentalism in general is our greatest foe.
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9113
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Psycho Warrior » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Motto: "Treachery keeps everyone on their toes."
Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
Cheney forgot his shotgun.
Image
The Happy Locust wrote:Effort is not power, knowledge is not power, even money is not power. True power is not caring that you f*ck up all the time.
User avatar
Psycho Warrior
God Of Transformers
Posts: 36800
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: Antarctica, enjoying summer.
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Darth Screamer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
shockwaveuk wrote:Don't piss Cheney off, if he shoots his friends in the face there's no telling what he would do to his enemies.


Actually, we do know that. It's the same thing he's been doing the last six years.

Absolutely nothing.


Boy that's the pot calling the kettle black DB.

I know the mounties are running long and hard after the Taliban.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Im quite suprised by the utter hatred some of you have. To wish death on people is quite amazing. I hate Nancy Palosi, Harry Reed, John Murtha, Hilary Clinton and the rest of those double faced morons. But I would never wish for someone to kill them.If somebody were to kill them I would be outraged and I would protest....

Purely amazing.

Spoon wrote:Congrats Taliban sucka's. You just murdered 4 people (And one worthless rat) and didn't achieved your objective. You all fail.


:lol: I hope the dumb ass is enjoying his "72 virgins" right now.

Mechanurgist wrote:Maybe some of you folks should be rooting against the guys who are blowing up innocent Afghans and targetting elected officials...if this was happening in your home town you wouldn't be so flippant about it. You may not like Cheney but he's a democrat and he's doing his best to protect the republic, whereas the terrorists killing women and kids at random are truly evil scumbags.


QFT.
Image
User avatar
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
Posts: 5517
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Albuquerque NM
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Darth Screamer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 pm

You know it's amazing too me. The people making statements and cheering on death marks on this site is appalling.

Do you well informed masses realize that if the FCC, where to read these statements of anti-American and agreement towards the death of someone in an elected office of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, it could be deemed as a terroristic threat which is a federal crime.

And could look badly on this site and on Ryan himself.

Your sheer brilliance is amazing.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm

I got a bottle of champaign ready to crack open should they succeed next time. 8)

and like someone else said, I dispise politicians that violate people's rights, freedoms and privacys, all for the sake of so-called protection. Plus I feel LESS safe more than before.

I am more afraid of the people in the white house and what part of the Constitution they are going to **** on next, not a bunch of fundamentalist, goat rapping, kamakazi Ali Baba rejects. I don't like either, but the overlords in Washington are the ones I am more worried about. :-P
User avatar
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 3:19 am
Location: Skaro

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Darth Screamer wrote:You know it's amazing too me. The people making statements and cheering on death marks on this site is appalling.

Do you well informed masses realize that if the FCC, where to read these statements of anti-American and agreement towards the death of someone in an elected office of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, it could be deemed as a terroristic threat which is a federal crime.

And could look badly on this site and on Ryan himself.

Your sheer brilliance is amazing.


You forget no one here, including myself, give a smeg about the FCC.
User avatar
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 3:19 am
Location: Skaro

Postby Barricade » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Motto: ""to punish and enslave...""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
im surprised they havent gone after bush yet..

ps darth bombshell love the sig 8)
Image
User avatar
Barricade
Gestalt
Posts: 2257
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Ramstein AB, Germany
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Cujo wrote:im surprised they havent gone after bush yet..

ps darth bombshell love the sig 8)


One thing at a time, dude. :grin:

Just remember, Dubya's just a puppet because he is too stupid otherwise, and Cheney and the rest of the Administration's pulling the strings.

But we can always hope.

I'll just need to get more champaign :lol:
User avatar
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 3:19 am
Location: Skaro

Postby Psycho Warrior » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Motto: "Treachery keeps everyone on their toes."
Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
Emperor Primacron the 1st wrote:One thing at a time, dude. :grin:

Just remember, Dubya's just a puppet because he is too stupid otherwise, and Cheney and the rest of the Administration's pulling the strings.

But we can always hope.

On that note I have to admit the american people have done pretty good for not having any leaders. This past year's been mostly an incompitant commitite that shifts blame and makes things worse.
Image
The Happy Locust wrote:Effort is not power, knowledge is not power, even money is not power. True power is not caring that you f*ck up all the time.
User avatar
Psycho Warrior
God Of Transformers
Posts: 36800
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: Antarctica, enjoying summer.
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Hey you guys ... I don't care what side of the fence you ride on, this is an actual living human being that was supposedly the target of a terrorist attack. Not to mention the people who were actually killed during this incident (23 is it?). Can you guys at least show some decency and respect for the situation at hand? This might be one of those topics that if you don't have anything nice to say, you might be best saying nothing at all.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Bluebullet » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:11 am

They don't need to assasinate him. His heart could give out at any given moment. :P
Bluebullet

Postby Darth Screamer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:36 am

Bluebullet wrote:They don't need to assasinate him. His heart could give out at any given moment. :P


That's a horrible thing to say.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby Seibertron » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:11 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I moved this to the Philosopher's forum since people aren't able to handle this topic in General Discussion.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23397
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Loki120 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:20 am

Seibertron wrote:I moved this to the Philosopher's forum since people aren't able to handle this topic in General Discussion.


I wouldn't have moved it, i would have outright deleted it. It's disgraceful, intellectually ******, amd pathetic.

case in point.

I got a bottle of champaign ready to crack open should they succeed next time.

and like someone else said, I dispise politicians that violate people's rights, freedoms and privacys, all for the sake of so-called protection. Plus I feel LESS safe more than before.


This post actually makes me sick, physically ill, and utterly mad. You sick excuse for a human being. You are actually called for the murder of another human being. You are actually encourging the enemy to kill more people through terrorist acts.

I don't care if this post violates rules, I refuse to respect the opinion of someone as a sick and perverted as this.

Ban me if you must, I will not be quiet.
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:09 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I think the timing of the bombs and Cheney's appearance at the base were coincidence.
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8609
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:22 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Alpha Strike wrote:
Mechanurgist wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:A) He is no Democrat, he is a pure Republican. the Prince of Darkness, Duke of Destruction the list goes on and on regarding how bad this guy is.


You did notice the lower-case 'd', didn't you? As for "Prince of Darkness [...]", I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise you need to spend less time on transfan boards and more time in the real world. Much as people love to bash the other side in partisan hate-fests, Democrats and Republicans are all democrats, and Islamists are all our enemies. It's not the other political party that is the threat, it's the guys who want to destroy every political party and replace it with a theocracy. Remember that.


Most of what I say politically is tounge in cheek when it comes to titles such as that. Chaney isn't exactly the democraticly elected official that he thinks he is. He and his partner were appointed and have manuvered many things to remain in power for profit. And I'd rag on a Democrat if they pulled the same stunts as have been forced upon the US and indeed the world over the past 6 years. I have little respect for people who violate the US constitution that are actually in positions to enforce it.


I hope you felt the same way about Clinton's administration because his administration took away more of our liberties and we were not even at war.
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8609
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
stormrider wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:
Mechanurgist wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:A) He is no Democrat, he is a pure Republican. the Prince of Darkness, Duke of Destruction the list goes on and on regarding how bad this guy is.


You did notice the lower-case 'd', didn't you? As for "Prince of Darkness [...]", I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise you need to spend less time on transfan boards and more time in the real world. Much as people love to bash the other side in partisan hate-fests, Democrats and Republicans are all democrats, and Islamists are all our enemies. It's not the other political party that is the threat, it's the guys who want to destroy every political party and replace it with a theocracy. Remember that.


Most of what I say politically is tounge in cheek when it comes to titles such as that. Chaney isn't exactly the democraticly elected official that he thinks he is. He and his partner were appointed and have manuvered many things to remain in power for profit. And I'd rag on a Democrat if they pulled the same stunts as have been forced upon the US and indeed the world over the past 6 years. I have little respect for people who violate the US constitution that are actually in positions to enforce it.


I hope you felt the same way about Clinton's administration because his administration took away more of our liberties and we were not even at war.



Really? What liberties did Bill Clinton take away from us?
Image
The X-WCW is the best e-fed in the world today!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2544
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Darth Screamer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 pm

Cyberstrike wrote:
stormrider wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:
Mechanurgist wrote:
Alpha Strike wrote:A) He is no Democrat, he is a pure Republican. the Prince of Darkness, Duke of Destruction the list goes on and on regarding how bad this guy is.


You did notice the lower-case 'd', didn't you? As for "Prince of Darkness [...]", I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise you need to spend less time on transfan boards and more time in the real world. Much as people love to bash the other side in partisan hate-fests, Democrats and Republicans are all democrats, and Islamists are all our enemies. It's not the other political party that is the threat, it's the guys who want to destroy every political party and replace it with a theocracy. Remember that.


Most of what I say politically is tounge in cheek when it comes to titles such as that. Chaney isn't exactly the democraticly elected official that he thinks he is. He and his partner were appointed and have manuvered many things to remain in power for profit. And I'd rag on a Democrat if they pulled the same stunts as have been forced upon the US and indeed the world over the past 6 years. I have little respect for people who violate the US constitution that are actually in positions to enforce it.


I hope you felt the same way about Clinton's administration because his administration took away more of our liberties and we were not even at war.



Really? What liberties did Bill Clinton take away from us?


You do know that it was his administration that started the purge of anything Christian being in the main stream.

Hence the happy holidays crap.

It's liberal groups who complain when people put up manger scenes at Christmas time, deeming them offensive.

He also took our over all morals away from us with his brothel of an oval office.

Not too mention he's a draft dodger and should have gone to jail.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby Darth Screamer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:17 pm

Loki120 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I moved this to the Philosopher's forum since people aren't able to handle this topic in General Discussion.


I wouldn't have moved it, i would have outright deleted it. It's disgraceful, intellectually ******, amd pathetic.

case in point.

I got a bottle of champaign ready to crack open should they succeed next time.

and like someone else said, I dispise politicians that violate people's rights, freedoms and privacys, all for the sake of so-called protection. Plus I feel LESS safe more than before.


This post actually makes me sick, physically ill, and utterly mad. You sick excuse for a human being. You are actually called for the murder of another human being. You are actually encourging the enemy to kill more people through terrorist acts.

I don't care if this post violates rules, I refuse to respect the opinion of someone as a sick and perverted as this.

Ban me if you must, I will not be quiet.


And I agree completely with both things you said Loki.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby AfterImage » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:24 pm

Darth Screamer wrote:You do know that it was his administration that started the purge of anything Christian being in the main stream.

Never mind certain Atheist founding fathers like Washington and John Adams, or Abraham Lincoln...

Hence the happy holidays crap.

You try saying Happy Ramadan-Kwanzaa-Hannukah-Solstice-Feast-of-the-Holy-Noodle five times fast.

It's liberal groups who complain when people put up manger scenes at Christmas time, deeming them offensive.

Would you be offended if someone put up a scene of Odin on the Tree?
He also took our over all morals away from us with his brothel of an oval office.


Learn your history. The oval office has been a 'brothel', as you put it, pretty much since its inception. Most other presidents actually bother to have sex with the women they cheat with, as well.

Not too mention he's a draft dodger and should have gone to jail.[/quote]

Being in college does that to you. Unless you consider protesting a war-er, a "police action" to be draft dodging.
AfterImage
Brainmaster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:02 pm

Postby Darth Screamer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Actually if someone wanted to hang crap outside their house that's their business.

So no if someone hung a scene of Odin ON the tree, no I wouldn't take offense.

Since my wife is Wiccan, people believing in other things doesn't bother me as your implying that I'm saying. Funny my wife has no problems wishing someone a merry Christmas, and she celebrates the solstice.

My point is at the CHRISTMAS season, since a lot of the time Hanuka, ramadon and Christmas don't always run on the same week. Much like this past year. What holiday are people wishing, what are the stores dressed up for, lights outside stores, hmmmmmmm?

And if I were to say any kind of greeting to someone I would wish them a merry Christmas. If I knew they were Jewish I'd wish them a happy Hanuka and so on and so forth.

Um and since your so versed on knowledge. Did you know that most Asian religions except Christmas for what it is. But they prefer the buying part most of all.

Why are you bringing Asian peoples into this to begin with, I never hear Asians complaining about other peoples beliefs, because more than likely they don't care.

Um bringing up presidents from the past is a very moot point.

And since when did Washington start picketing outside a building over a manger scene? He had better things to do, LIKE RUN THE COUNTRY and government and religion were kept separate unlike with the democratic party and some of the republican party. The way it should be!

Um back when Clinton was in college they didn't have that get out of draft free card due to college. That was a more recent rule brought to the table.

My father was in college at Temple University in PA, and was made too go or he went to jail.

I pretty sure he knows more about the war process or the draft process then either you or I.
Image
Darth Screamer
Faction Commander
Posts: 4414
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: west chester pa

Postby DesalationReborn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:41 pm

AfterImage wrote:
Darth Screamer wrote:You do know that it was his administration that started the purge of anything Christian being in the main stream.

Never mind certain Atheist founding fathers like Washington and John Adams, or Abraham Lincoln...


To clearify...

Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, and scores of others in the founding of the US Constitution were Deist, which meant they believed that a deity, or greater being, started the universe's to explain it's mere existence, but then state it didn't do squat afterwards, at least nothing noticable. Minor difference, but still no personal god, especially not that of Christianity, if you've ever read some of their quotes, especially Jefferson's.

Lincoln, however, is debated, as he references "God" in his speeches often, though whether he believed such, merely used it as a political tool, or was more a loose Christian spiritualist, as he never joined any church and hated to tie himself to such institutions, but still had a seemingly firm faith. Most go for the third option.

EDIT: As well, they didn't have to deal with Christian assertion because it didn't take hold of the government, ie. coinage, motto, etc., until the 1950's and the Macarthy Era.

As well, purging is a reactionary leftist movement, that basically calls for the exact opposite of the "Manger on federal soil," folks, which is equally distasteful. Everyone should display anything they want, provided it's on their property.

And Yul-Time decorations are fine with me. I still celebrate Christmas, though more the material 'love and joy represented by a generous flying fat man' aspect spread by the media. It's good to have an excuse to build fellowship in the US, provided technically nondenominational.
Image
DesalationReborn
City Commander
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby Menbailee » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Cheney is a world leader in international state terrorism. If I believed his death would somehow end or even mitigate the global violence he was helped produce, I would stand right alongside the people in this thread bemoaning that the Taliban missed. As it stands, one despicable group failed to execute the leader of another, but managed to kill a lot of third parties in the crossfire--pretty much the same thing that's happened in our own attempts to kill Bin Laden. Killing Cheney might create sympathy for his kind and probably would not significantly slow down the neo-con gears, so it's possibly for the better he survived, and definitely sad that the others didn't.
Menbailee
Combiner
Posts: 429
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:35 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014