Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Team Fortress 2

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:21 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Flakmaster wrote:This may just make me to buy the game.


You don't have to buy the game, it's free. You'd probably have to buy the Dr. Whoa, though, since banking on an item dropping is just going to hurt.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Flakmaster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:13 am

Motto: "No! Not the Frenchman! I'd accept most Frenchmen, but this one's just a head!"
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Shadowman wrote:
Flakmaster wrote:This may just make me to buy the game.


You don't have to buy the game, it's free. You'd probably have to buy the Dr. Whoa, though, since banking on an item dropping is just going to hurt.


Yeah, but last I checked to buy items/get hat item drops you needed to buy the full game. I know that you can get the basics for free, I've been playing it for the last week.

EDIT: Wait, with your first item purchase you get the full game too?
Or at least, that's what I think the Mann. Co. online 'store' is telling me.
Awesome.
Image
What recent decision of Hasbro can't the above picture apply to?
User avatar
Flakmaster
Minibot
Posts: 175
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Rank: 5
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Flakmaster wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Flakmaster wrote:This may just make me to buy the game.


You don't have to buy the game, it's free. You'd probably have to buy the Dr. Whoa, though, since banking on an item dropping is just going to hurt.


Yeah, but last I checked to buy items/get hat item drops you needed to buy the full game. I know that you can get the basics for free, I've been playing it for the last week.

EDIT: Wait, with your first item purchase you get the full game too?
Or at least, that's what I think the Mann. Co. online 'store' is telling me.
Awesome.


You already own the full game. The $5 you spend only effects your Steam account. It adds the ability to add friends and trade things. TF2 is almost entirely unaffected. You don't even have to spend the money in TF2.

Actually, I'd recommend spending the money on Poker Night at the Inventory. It's the requisite $5 to unlock the various features on your Steam account, and it comes with five sweet TF2 items. Granted, three of those items are just reskins of regular items but they are sweet.

EDIT: Ah, after further research, having "free-to-play" on your Steam account does limit the number of drops you'd get in TF2. I can't imagine noticing a difference, though.

Also, why have none of you who have the ability to friend people sent me a friend invite over Steam yet?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I can play any class but the Scout. You can usually find me as a Pyro trying to Puff 'n Sting (light someone on fire before whipping out the Postal Pummler for free crits).


I have all-Strange equipment for Pyro; Degreaser, Shotgun, Axtinguisher. (The Axtinguisher has the exact same stats as the Postal Pummeler, but looks waaaaaay cooler) Ever since I got that strange Axtinguisher, that's been my favorite tactic. It really helps that someone on a server I frequent vehemently hates Pyros.


I do run with the Degreaser acctually, and use the Postal Pummler just because it's funny to beat someone to death with a mailbox. I just need a Reserve Shooter now.

I've got a Familiar Fez my Spy isn't wearing. Looking for a Chargin' Targe or Splended Screen.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I just need a Reserve Shooter now.


I just had one drop, actually. Make me an offer I can't refuse, and I'll see about getting it to you.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I just need a Reserve Shooter now.


I just had one drop, actually. Make me an offer I can't refuse, and I'll see about getting it to you.


Anything inparticular you're looking for besides Strange weapons?
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby #Sideways# » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I can play any class but the Scout. You can usually find me as a Pyro trying to Puff 'n Sting (light someone on fire before whipping out the Postal Pummler for free crits).


I have all-Strange equipment for Pyro; Degreaser, Shotgun, Axtinguisher. (The Axtinguisher has the exact same stats as the Postal Pummeler, but looks waaaaaay cooler) Ever since I got that strange Axtinguisher, that's been my favorite tactic. It really helps that someone on a server I frequent vehemently hates Pyros.


I do run with the Degreaser acctually, and use the Postal Pummler just because it's funny to beat someone to death with a mailbox. I just need a Reserve Shooter now.

I've got a Familiar Fez my Spy isn't wearing. Looking for a Chargin' Targe or Splended Screen.


I've got a Chargin' Targe if you'd be willing to trade for it.

I really need that fez.

Unless I do THIS.
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1401
News Credits: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I just need a Reserve Shooter now.


I just had one drop, actually. Make me an offer I can't refuse, and I'll see about getting it to you.


Anything inparticular you're looking for besides Strange weapons?


In particular? No, actually. I'm actually in a good place with everything. The only things I really want at this point are Stranges. And keys. And other things I know you aren't going to give me because I make insane demands. Just look through my backpack, find something you can spare that I don't have, and throw it at me.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
#Sideways# wrote:I've got a Chargin' Targe if you'd be willing to trade for it.

I really need that fez.

Unless I do THIS.



Hit me up over Steam. Name is in my sig now.

In particular? No, actually. I'm actually in a good place with everything. The only things I really want at this point are Stranges. And keys. And other things I know you aren't going to give me because I make insane demands. Just look through my backpack, find something you can spare that I don't have, and throw it at me.


You don't seem to have an Ullapool Caber or a Family Business. Care for either one?
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby #Sideways# » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:I've got a Chargin' Targe if you'd be willing to trade for it.

I really need that fez.

Unless I do THIS.



Hit me up over Steam. Name is in my sig now.

In particular? No, actually. I'm actually in a good place with everything. The only things I really want at this point are Stranges. And keys. And other things I know you aren't going to give me because I make insane demands. Just look through my backpack, find something you can spare that I don't have, and throw it at me.


You don't seem to have an Ullapool Caber or a Family Business. Care for either one?


Doin' that right now!

Do you also have "The Eviction Notice" as well?
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1401
News Credits: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
#Sideways# for the love of God, stop revealing my secret identity. I mean, you don't see other superheroes strolling up to Clark Kent and saying "Oh, hey, Superman, what's going on?" They think my name is Melvin, that I am a Lord of Darkness, that I prefer Demoman but play Pyro just to piss off other people, adn that I never, ever shut up.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby #Sideways# » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Shadowman wrote:#Sideways# for the love of God, stop revealing my secret identity. I mean, you don't see other superheroes strolling up to Clark Kent and saying "Oh, hey, Superman, what's going on?" They think my name is Melvin, that I am a Lord of Darkness, that I prefer Demoman but play Pyro just to piss off other people, adn that I never, ever shut up.


Oh. :lol:

My bad, I am so used to calling you by your Forum name...

Good game by the way, I really enjoyed myself! My Pyro Loadout doesn't deal with other Pyros well, it works uberly in bigger battles, though. ;)
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1401
News Credits: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Thanks to that Chargin' Targe trade and the magic of saved equipment sets, i've taken up being a Demoknight. Most fun i've had in a while.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.........eye.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Thanks to that Chargin' Targe trade and the magic of saved equipment sets, i've taken up being a Demoknight. Most fun i've had in a while.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.........eye.


What blade are you using? I'm using a Strange Half-Zatoichi right now. No, you can't have mine. Yes, you CAN have one of my two spares if you offer me something nice. (Hit me up on Steam) Yes, I have three Strange Half-Zatoichi.

Reminds me of a funny story from way back. Right after the Eyelander was patched so you'd collect an enemy Demoman's head collection, a bunch of Demomen I was in a server with all started decapitating each other Highlander style. Eventually, it became a house rule that ONLY Eyelander-using Demomen could attack and kill each other. We ended up having a 40-something head pile before some jackass Heavy ruined it all.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Thanks to that Chargin' Targe trade and the magic of saved equipment sets, i've taken up being a Demoknight. Most fun i've had in a while.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.........eye.


What blade are you using? I'm using a Strange Half-Zatoichi right now. No, you can't have mine. Yes, you CAN have one of my two spares if you offer me something nice. (Hit me up on Steam) Yes, I have three Strange Half-Zatoichi.

Reminds me of a funny story from way back. Right after the Eyelander was patched so you'd collect an enemy Demoman's head collection, a bunch of Demomen I was in a server with all started decapitating each other Highlander style. Eventually, it became a house rule that ONLY Eyelander-using Demomen could attack and kill each other. We ended up having a 40-something head pile before some jackass Heavy ruined it all.


I had and tried using the Half-Zatochi, but I like the Eyelander better. Slightly longer reach than the katana plus the stacking speed and health is nice.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Thanks to that Chargin' Targe trade and the magic of saved equipment sets, i've taken up being a Demoknight. Most fun i've had in a while.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.........eye.


What blade are you using? I'm using a Strange Half-Zatoichi right now. No, you can't have mine. Yes, you CAN have one of my two spares if you offer me something nice. (Hit me up on Steam) Yes, I have three Strange Half-Zatoichi.

Reminds me of a funny story from way back. Right after the Eyelander was patched so you'd collect an enemy Demoman's head collection, a bunch of Demomen I was in a server with all started decapitating each other Highlander style. Eventually, it became a house rule that ONLY Eyelander-using Demomen could attack and kill each other. We ended up having a 40-something head pile before some jackass Heavy ruined it all.


I had and tried using the Half-Zatochi, but I like the Eyelander better. Slightly longer reach than the katana plus the stacking speed and health is nice.


The range on all of the swords is about the same. As for health, Half-Zatoichi doesn't give you a health increase, but it does fully replenish your health on each kill.

Doesn't have the cool glowing-eye effect, though.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I know it's a double post but whatever.

First off, you were right, the Eyelander does have a 37% longer range. They must have only revealed that recently because I don't remember hearing about that during the War.

Second, it's Australian Christmas, one and all! It's a double-drop week, in case no one noticed. Which, if you played at all, you did. I have been getting drops left and right.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
I'd love to partake in the Australian goodness, but Steam appears to be being an idiot for me.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I'd love to partake in the Australian goodness, but Steam appears to be being an idiot for me.


Steam is being an idiot for everyone right now. Think about how many people play TF2. Now think about that many people all trying to download a file at once. I would be more surprised if Steam wasn't derping right now.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Shadowman wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I'd love to partake in the Australian goodness, but Steam appears to be being an idiot for me.


Steam is being an idiot for everyone right now. Think about how many people play TF2. Now think about that many people all trying to download a file at once. I would be more surprised if Steam wasn't derping right now.


True.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:48 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
So, I just had the BEST run as Engineer ever. 25 Sentry kills, not only topping my previous Sentry Kill Record (19) but also beating out my General Kill Record. (Formerly 21, as Demoman)

The Records page hasn't updated. So...it didn't count. My best run as Engineer ever, and it didn't count. I do recall one particular Scout who kept running directly into my sentry repeatedly, and when I called him out on it (After fooling a man with the same trick ten times, you do get curious) he didn't respond--he MIGHT have been a bot, and that might have contributed to it.

The Bot AI is fantastic, there's no denying that. They use tactics some human players don't even think of. And killing them doesn't count for anything, especially for my best Engy run ever.

PHOOEY.

In other news, I can't open any of my Nice Winter Crates because I accidentally bought the wrong kind of key. DOUBLE PHOOEY.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Shadowman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."


And the Engineer answers an even more important question.

And while we're posting TF2 videos, here's the most hilariously devious Spy move ever.

And you can't forget the Saxxy Award winning tale of El Muchacho.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 am

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Shadowman wrote:


And the Engineer answers an even more important question.

And while we're posting TF2 videos, here's the most hilariously devious Spy move ever.

And you can't forget the Saxxy Award winning tale of El Muchacho.


That last one is hysterical.

Here's a music video I found of Erectin' a River. It loops.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Team Fortress 2

Postby Flakmaster » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Motto: "No! Not the Frenchman! I'd accept most Frenchmen, but this one's just a head!"
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
well, I bought the full game, along with some other miscellaneous items from the Mann Co. store.
Through some trading I managed to acquire a Strange Sydney Sleeper.

Is anyone interested in trading for it?

If so, then give me your steam name and I'l give you mine and we can make a trade for something.

Edit:By the way, has anyone else on here had problems with item drops ever since the supposed x2 drop rate was introduced with the Christmas update? So far I haven't gotten a single item drop since the update.
Image
What recent decision of Hasbro can't the above picture apply to?
User avatar
Flakmaster
Minibot
Posts: 175
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Rank: 5
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014