Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
quickmixed wrote:Well Hasbros statement didnt really tell us anything we didnt already know. But I guess I should be kind of glad that they are keeping an eye on things.

Kind of.


Vicalliose wrote: Yeah y'know what would really help me right now? If they'd get my order straightened out and send me my damned Over-Run which I ordered without a t-shirt! Then I can just put this all behind me and pretend these morons never existed.


Do you live outside of the States? I live in Australia and it always takes forever to get my figures off them, but I recieved my confirmation today that it has been sent. I also didnt purchase a shirt.Im just glad that its finally on the way. Hope you get your confirmation soon.


I have not received mine, or notification of shipping, and I ordered the night after the first debacle of server shut down/overload.

Now the charges have been moved to my new un-canceled card for both my club exclusives, and my club renewal, so yeah, I'd like to see mine too.

And no, I did not order a shirt either...
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16151
News Credits: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AutobotMR2 wrote:So am I correct in saying there is a bounty on the owners of funpub??? LOL!


More like a Viva or Brawny.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Vicalliose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
tigertracks 24 wrote:
quickmixed wrote:Well Hasbros statement didnt really tell us anything we didnt already know. But I guess I should be kind of glad that they are keeping an eye on things.

Kind of.


Vicalliose wrote: Yeah y'know what would really help me right now? If they'd get my order straightened out and send me my damned Over-Run which I ordered without a t-shirt! Then I can just put this all behind me and pretend these morons never existed.


Do you live outside of the States? I live in Australia and it always takes forever to get my figures off them, but I recieved my confirmation today that it has been sent. I also didnt purchase a shirt.Im just glad that its finally on the way. Hope you get your confirmation soon.


I have not received mine, or notification of shipping, and I ordered the night after the first debacle of server shut down/overload.

Now the charges have been moved to my new un-canceled card for both my club exclusives, and my club renewal, so yeah, I'd like to see mine too.

And no, I did not order a shirt either...
I'm from the United States. There's about two states between me and them actually. Although I did check my e-mail a little while ago and it turns out they've finally sent it.

So, who wants to trade me a G2 Ramjet for it? Anyone? :P
In all seriousness, it depends on whether or not I can get my hands on the freebie, or just how much I actually like Over-Run in hand.
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby OhioBot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Well, I thought I was lucky enough to have escaped any issues with this, but woke up to fraudulent charges on my card today. PNC took care of everything, new card on the way.
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

Image
OhioBot
Minibot
Posts: 189
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:48 pm
Location: St Clairsville, Ohio

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Sid Burn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
anyone who attends botcon should boo Brain Savage when he makes his general announcements at the start of the con.

with all the cash he takes in, I am pretty sure he could have sprung for a site that properly protects his customers.
Image
User avatar
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
Posts: 1310
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sid Burn wrote:anyone who attends botcon should boo Brain Savage when he makes his general announcements at the start of the con.

with all the cash he takes in, I am pretty sure he could have sprung for a site that properly protects his customers.


That's not what people should do. Two wrongs don't make a right. While I am advocating that they should discuss the situation with us in person and not sweep things under the rug, people should not be acting like asses. They should be polite and courteous.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Stormrider » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Seibertron wrote:
Sid Burn wrote:anyone who attends botcon should boo Brain Savage when he makes his general announcements at the start of the con.

with all the cash he takes in, I am pretty sure he could have sprung for a site that properly protects his customers.


That's not what people should do. Two wrongs don't make a right. While I am advocating that they should discuss the situation with us in person and not sweep things under the wrong, people should not be acting like asses. They should be polite and courteous.


I agree. So far Fun Pub has been giving us updates. Let them finish their investigation before raising pitch forks. But at the same time remain persistant with wanting answers.


Seibertron wrote:In addition, all of our credit card info (past and present) as well as our personal account information, usernames, unprotected passwords, email addresses, street addresses, dates of birth (I believe that's one of the fields they collect), etc were all taken as well. IMO, this situation was far worse than what happened with TFsource, since all of our personal information went plus the "Transformers Collectors' Club" is advertised on every Hasbro Transformers package, which brings Hasbro into the mix instead of it just being an online retailer.

Can't wait for the identity theft reports to start coming in (that's sarcasm)! It's only a matter of time now. That will be far worse than fraudulent charges on credit cards.



I just ordered mine to double check.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8609
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I agree that civility and patience should be exercised, here. However, if someone poses the question and they refuse to answer and/or get nasty about it, I think you should start with the booing and cause a scene. Embarrass them, force them to speak about it.

If it were any one of us, we'd be roasted on the spit if we screwed up like this.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8857
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Well this is lovely ... the username (CeMa^TkH) for their "secure" database is currently exposed on their website. Hopefully they will change the username after this so that hackers don't have an edge on knowing the username for their SQL database.

Error can be publicly seen when you try to login, or if you directly go to https://www.transformersclub.com/members/index.cfm

TransformersClub.com wrote:The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'CeMa^TkH'.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser **********
Remote Address ***********
Referrer https://t.co/QQBaXdu4
Date/Time 06-Mar-12 06:16 PM
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Seibertron wrote:Well this is lovely ... the username (CeMa^TkH) for their "secure" database is currently exposed on their website. Hopefully they will change the username after this so that hackers don't have an edge on knowing the username for their SQL database.

Error can be publicly seen when you try to login, or if you directly go to https://www.transformersclub.com/members/index.cfm

TransformersClub.com wrote:The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'CeMa^TkH'.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser **********
Remote Address ***********
Referrer https://t.co/QQBaXdu4
Date/Time 06-Mar-12 06:16 PM



Sho' 'nuff.

Untitled.jpg
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8857
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot032 wrote:I agree that civility and patience should be exercised, here. However, if someone poses the question and they refuse to answer and/or get nasty about it, I think you should start with the booing and cause a scene. Embarrass them, force them to speak about it.

If it were any one of us, we'd be roasted on the spit if we screwed up like this.


I would taste good with a nice smokey BBQ sauce. Low and slow, that's how you go.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby faustx » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Seibertron wrote:Well this is lovely ... the username (CeMa^TkH) for their "secure" database is currently exposed on their website. Hopefully they will change the username after this so that hackers don't have an edge on knowing the username for their SQL database.

Error can be publicly seen when you try to login, or if you directly go to https://www.transformersclub.com/members/index.cfm

TransformersClub.com wrote:The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'CeMa^TkH'.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser **********
Remote Address ***********
Referrer https://t.co/QQBaXdu4
Date/Time 06-Mar-12 06:16 PM



Ryan,

Good catch on the additional security hole.

As web vets and I think we both know that FunPub outsources all of their web work. The first problem is that that team is clearly incompetent. I'm sure they've been back pedaling from day 1 trying to avoid a law suit but the reality is that a real team would have shut the site down at the first sign of trouble, patched the hole, been open about the cause and moved on. The second is that there does not seem to be an internal staffer capable of assessing the situation accurately, ie a properly trained/educated "Web Manager" that understands the need for the aforementioned security handling process.

Overall, this has been a wildly irresponsible period of activity on one of the worst fan e-com sites on the web. Twice over the last five years I've offered to redo the site, or hook them up with someone equally skilled, and have never received so much as a courtesy call back. And so here we are.

Truly in 2012 there is no excuse for this nonsense. It's taken too long to take the e-com portions of the site down, and Hasbro's contribution is little more than an artful dodge.

Given how many weeks this has gone on for, and how many people this has caused hassles for as well as credit report risks I don't actually believe that boos are the wrong move in a public forum ASSUMING they have done no more at that time to alleviate the user pain.

My 2 cents,

J
Image
User avatar
faustx
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:03 pm

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
faustx wrote:Good catch on the additional security hole.


One of Seibertron.com's staff members brought the exposed error to my attention.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Here's a thought that was brought up on What's on Joe Mind? tonight. Do we really want to take up 10 minutes at a Club or Hasbro panel talking about this when that would be 10 minutes less about figures and the brand? Do you want to be the person who causes this 10 minute loss, in a room where the majority don't care/weren't affected and are there for the toy info?
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Seibertron » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Here's a thought that was brought up on What's on Joe Mind? tonight. Do we really want to take up 10 minutes at a Club or Hasbro panel talking about this when that would be 10 minutes less about figures and the brand? Do you want to be the person who causes this 10 minute loss, in a room where the majority don't care/weren't affected and are there for the toy info?


Yes, this should be addressed.

I'm shocked to be reading your response. The majority of those people should care and most likely were affected, and if they don't they don't care or are unaware that they were affected, they should be respectful of those who were affected and need to have this addressed. Yes, I would be more than happy to be that fan so that those who were affected can have the fans minutes they deserve to have this addressed.

Anyone who's used a card with them over the past few years was affected on both the GI Joe and Transformers side of things. There should be ten minutes added on to both panels to discuss this. Instead of a 60 minute panel, it runs 70 minutes. Yes, this should be addressed, the fans should be apologized to in-person, and there should be a few minutes for air clearing. So the day runs until 5:10 instead of 5:00, or 2 minutes for five other panels is shaved off throughout the day, or something.
Image

Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!

For Sale: Unreleased G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime and G2 Combat Hero Megatron
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23396
News Credits: 762
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Here's a thought that was brought up on What's on Joe Mind? tonight. Do we really want to take up 10 minutes at a Club or Hasbro panel talking about this when that would be 10 minutes less about figures and the brand? Do you want to be the person who causes this 10 minute loss, in a room where the majority don't care/weren't affected and are there for the toy info?



The answers should be as follows:

Yes. Yes. And those affected pay for the conventions every year, so they have every right to know where their money and security has gone.

Plus, with Hasbro making promises they won't keep, there's no point in taking much about the future because it changes at the drop of at hat and we're all at the mercy of their whims.

And if the majority doesn't care?

1.) Too bad, so sad.

2.) They better care, because anyone of them (or all of them) could be compromised and open to ruination with the press of a thief's button. Especially when they least expect it.

With the attendees, the packages, the memberships, etc...FunPub has made a LOT of money off of the fandom. While Hasbro can get away with not caring about us, FunPub can't. The fandom PAYS them exorbitant amounts of money to give a damn, and FunPub's response is "Our give a damn's busted".

Waste 10 minutes, 10 hours, even. Be that guy. Pin 'em and make 'em squirm.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8857
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Here's a thought that was brought up on What's on Joe Mind? tonight. Do we really want to take up 10 minutes at a Club or Hasbro panel talking about this when that would be 10 minutes less about figures and the brand? Do you want to be the person who causes this 10 minute loss, in a room where the majority don't care/weren't affected and are there for the toy info?


Yes, this should be addressed.

I'm shocked to be reading your response. The majority of those people should care and most likely were affected, and if they don't they don't care or are unaware that they were affected, they should be respectful of those who were affected and need to have this addressed. Yes, I would be more than happy to be that fan so that those who were affected can have the fans minutes they deserve to have this addressed.

Anyone who's used a card with them over the past few years was affected on both the GI Joe and Transformers side of things. There should be ten minutes added on to both panels to discuss this. Instead of a 60 minute panel, it runs 70 minutes. Yes, this should be addressed, the fans should be apologized to in-person, and there should be a few minutes for air clearing. So the day runs until 5:10 instead of 5:00, or 2 minutes for five other panels is shaved off throughout the day, or something.


Sorry I shocked you, wasn't my intent but it was a good thought that was brought up. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of people there walk ins and not members of the club? If not then my point is mute. Do you really think they'll add the extra 10 minutes to the overall run time? I personally don't as I'm sure these guys are a stickler for schedule. For what it's worth it appears this has hit the TF side of things much harder than the Joe guys.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:41 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
chuckdawg1999 wrote:For what it's worth it appears this has hit the TF side of things much harder than the Joe guys.


Well, now... Isn't that interesting? More and more, this sounds like an inside job.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8857
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot032 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:For what it's worth it appears this has hit the TF side of things much harder than the Joe guys.


Well, now... Isn't that interesting? More and more, this sounds like an inside job.


Um, no. Keep in mind that the TF Club had exclusives on sale so there were higher than normal transactions. Joe Club haven't even revealed the con set yet.
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Delicon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:28 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Here's a thought that was brought up on What's on Joe Mind? tonight. Do we really want to take up 10 minutes at a Club or Hasbro panel talking about this when that would be 10 minutes less about figures and the brand? Do you want to be the person who causes this 10 minute loss, in a room where the majority don't care/weren't affected and are there for the toy info?


Yes, this should be addressed.

I'm shocked to be reading your response. The majority of those people should care and most likely were affected, and if they don't they don't care or are unaware that they were affected, they should be respectful of those who were affected and need to have this addressed. Yes, I would be more than happy to be that fan so that those who were affected can have the fans minutes they deserve to have this addressed.

Anyone who's used a card with them over the past few years was affected on both the GI Joe and Transformers side of things. There should be ten minutes added on to both panels to discuss this. Instead of a 60 minute panel, it runs 70 minutes. Yes, this should be addressed, the fans should be apologized to in-person, and there should be a few minutes for air clearing. So the day runs until 5:10 instead of 5:00, or 2 minutes for five other panels is shaved off throughout the day, or something.


Sorry I shocked you, wasn't my intent but it was a good thought that was brought up. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of people there walk ins and not members of the club? If not then my point is mute. Do you really think they'll add the extra 10 minutes to the overall run time? I personally don't as I'm sure these guys are a stickler for schedule. For what it's worth it appears this has hit the TF side of things much harder than the Joe guys.


Just a few clarifications on BotCon and the panels, as I've been to my share of both.

Almost everyone who registers for a Primus (or Protoform, for that matter) is a Club member just because of the $40 or so discount given on those packages, which more or less pays for your membership.

People with registered packages get priority seating at all panels, meaning if you're just a general admission, you have to wait for a few minutes to sit down and GA's actually aren't guaranteed a seat at all. So far they haven't turned anyone away from a panel, but they still have the right to do so.

It is not unusual at all for panels to run late, and by that I mean 5 or so minutes. However, they don't let anyone ask a single question until they are done presenting what they're presenting. So, at a Hasbro panel they're going to show you upcoming products before the questions start and at a Club panel, they're going to reveal exclusives before they take questions.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
If they truly wanted to do it right one panel on Friday or early Saturday would be simply, let's discuss the credit card/security debacle, and what we have done about it.

No sense in taking other time, just do it, let fans voice concerns, tell stories, let fans hear the solutions that have taken place, and let it be done, everyone can enjoy everything else the entire weekend, no need to wait and have this air of 'the other shoe is about to drop', but when going on the whole weekend.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16151
News Credits: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Pete@BotCon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 am

faustx wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Well this is lovely ... the username (CeMa^TkH) for their "secure" database is currently exposed on their website. Hopefully they will change the username after this so that hackers don't have an edge on knowing the username for their SQL database.

Error can be publicly seen when you try to login, or if you directly go to https://www.transformersclub.com/members/index.cfm

TransformersClub.com wrote:The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'CeMa^TkH'.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser **********
Remote Address ***********
Referrer https://t.co/QQBaXdu4
Date/Time 06-Mar-12 06:16 PM



Ryan,

Good catch on the additional security hole.

As web vets and I think we both know that FunPub outsources all of their web work. The first problem is that that team is clearly incompetent. I'm sure they've been back pedaling from day 1 trying to avoid a law suit but the reality is that a real team would have shut the site down at the first sign of trouble, patched the hole, been open about the cause and moved on. The second is that there does not seem to be an internal staffer capable of assessing the situation accurately, ie a properly trained/educated "Web Manager" that understands the need for the aforementioned security handling process.

Overall, this has been a wildly irresponsible period of activity on one of the worst fan e-com sites on the web. Twice over the last five years I've offered to redo the site, or hook them up with someone equally skilled, and have never received so much as a courtesy call back. And so here we are.

Truly in 2012 there is no excuse for this nonsense. It's taken too long to take the e-com portions of the site down, and Hasbro's contribution is little more than an artful dodge.

Given how many weeks this has gone on for, and how many people this has caused hassles for as well as credit report risks I don't actually believe that boos are the wrong move in a public forum ASSUMING they have done no more at that time to alleviate the user pain.

My 2 cents,

J


Hello.

Currently that link is throwing an error due to the fact that we took the database OFFLINE.

We have said that our sites would be going up and down and this info has no relation to anything. Simply put, since our systems ARE down, and since they are being all changed over, when they go back up none of this info will even be relevant.

I would suggest contacting us next time as we would have been happy to have passed this information along...
User avatar
Pete@BotCon
Micromaster
Posts: 62
News Credits: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:31 am

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Delicon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Pete - Since you stopped by this thread, is there any chance of any of the above panel suggestions taking place?
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby Pete@BotCon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am

Delicon wrote:Pete - Since you stopped by this thread, is there any chance of any of the above panel suggestions taking place?


We completely understand there may be some people that want to discuss this at BotCon. We will do our best to accommodate. Anyone with "personal" issues would most likely be talked to on the side i.e. if someone had a question about their OWN transaction. But I am sure we will be addressing the general issue. We have never, and in no way plan to, try and sweep this under any carpet.

One thing I have found recently is that small businesses are increasingly becoming a target of hackers. So this is an issue that should be discussed. This affects all of us. When I Tunes can get hacked that should worry everyone on the internet.

Personally, the one thing I have taken away from this is to NEVER use a debit card online. Anytime. Anywhere.

But, not trying to move away from the topic at hand, yes, absolutely, we will be talking about the security issues that directly affect us and our customers.
User avatar
Pete@BotCon
Micromaster
Posts: 62
News Credits: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:31 am

Re: TF Community Warning: Check your Credit and Debit Card accounts for recent fraudulent activity

Postby bvzxa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Pete@BotCon wrote:
Delicon wrote:Pete - Since you stopped by this thread, is there any chance of any of the above panel suggestions taking place?


We completely understand there may be some people that want to discuss this at BotCon. We will do our best to accommodate. Anyone with "personal" issues would most likely be talked to on the side i.e. if someone had a question about their OWN transaction. But I am sure we will be addressing the general issue. We have never, and in no way plan to, try and sweep this under any carpet.

One thing I have found recently is that small businesses are increasingly becoming a target of hackers. So this is an issue that should be discussed. This affects all of us. When I Tunes can get hacked that should worry everyone on the internet.

Personally, the one thing I have taken away from this is to NEVER use a debit card online. Anytime. Anywhere.

But, not trying to move away from the topic at hand, yes, absolutely, we will be talking about the security issues that directly affect us and our customers.



Well what you say is partly true. But using any card electronically is the norm.
For Transformer reviews go here
http://www.youtube.com/user/bvzxa3
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Brainmaster
Posts: 1340
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:54 pm
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014