Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Did you even read my second paragraph?


Starscream has repeatedly tried to subvert Megatron and even tried to kill him. Giving up someone who has proven loyal for someone who has wanted your spot for a long time isn't the most sensible thing to do, especially when you've already got all you want out of them. Starscream was pretty obviously kept in the show because they plan more toys of him.


Starscream supplied Megatron with all four Omega Keys. It's because of him that the Decepticons have the Fortress of New Kaon and destroyed Autobot HQ. Starscream is the reason they won.

Dreadwing was going to leave the Decepticons if Megatron hadn't killed him. No matter how loyal Dreadwing was, he failed Megatron multiple times and ignored his orders twice.

Also, you're quoting me and then trailing off from what I was even talking about. :-|
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby ebilly99 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Between Dreadwing and starscream, Megs has been looking for a reason to off Dreadwing for a while. He knows the only reason that dreadwing is loyal is so he can get his revenge on his brothers killer. Why do you think megs let dreadwing see screamers thoughts, He knew what starscream had been up to, I mean heck soundwave sees all. It was a way to upset Dreadwing to a point where he would have a reason to kill him, and to make Screamer his lap dog. I do not think Screamer can betray megatron now.
ebilly99
Vehicon
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:50 pm

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
ebilly99 wrote:Between Dreadwing and starscream, Megs has been looking for a reason to off Dreadwing for a while. He knows the only reason that dreadwing is loyal is so he can get his revenge on his brothers killer. Why do you think megs let dreadwing see screamers thoughts, He knew what starscream had been up to, I mean heck soundwave sees all. It was a way to upset Dreadwing to a point where he would have a reason to kill him, and to make Screamer his lap dog. I do not think Screamer can betray megatron now.
he didn't "let" Dreadwing watch the imagery. Dreadwing wasn't even in the room until he came in to check on Knock Out just as Knock Out was going to pull the plug on Megatron. Dreadwing just happen to take a look at the video screen and decide to keep watching.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17390
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby Handels-Messerschmitt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am

PrymeStriker wrote:Dreadwing was going to leave the Decepticons if Megatron hadn't killed him. No matter how loyal Dreadwing was, he failed Megatron multiple times and ignored his orders twice.


Merely ignoring orders doesn't really operate in the same weight class as assassination and conspiracy to overtake the leadership. Not like there are a lot of decepticons who haven't failed a mission somehow, anyway.
Handels-Messerschmitt
Godmaster
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:11 pm

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:Not like there are a lot of decepticons who haven't failed a mission somehow, anyway.


I'm not saying Dreadwing has failed a mission once before, but Dreadwing has never succeeded. To prove my point, I'm going to list his failures:

1. Loose Cannons - No real "mission," but still didn't extinguish Optimus Prime, let-alone Wheeljack or Bulkhead
2. Crossfire - Failed to kill of Airachnid, costing the Decepticons the loss of Breakdown
3. Triangulation - Lost the Apex Armor to Starscream
4. Triage - No mission, but Megatron finds out about his failure
5. Alpha/Omega - Does nothing but open the tomb of a Prime
6. Hard Knocks - Gets his ass handed to him by Bulkhead and loses the Omega Key to Starscream
7. Regeneration - Killed. Side note: gave Autobots the Forge.

The only other times he made appearances was in Flying Mind, Hurt, Legacy, Inside Job, and Patch, but he did nothing important in those episodes. So, where are his victories?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby DarkEnergon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So, Dreadwing failed a lot, except for once saving Megatron's life. But really, all his cons fail him over and over or try to kill him, except Soundwave.

So what does Megatron value more, loyalty, or success? ...or, control-ability? Knockout lives because he is needed. Starscream failed in dramatic fashion over and over, but still offers something that your garden-variety Breakdown or Dreadwing wouldn't. One could even argue that his success in threatening/pestering Megatron (clones nearly killing him, stealing the Apex Armor, nevermind the keys), plus the insight Megatron gained from the patch, had Megatron committed to Starscream.

He didn't kill Dreadwing for being disloyal or a failure or even for being disruptive, he killed him because he couldn't coexist with Starscream.
User avatar
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
DarkEnergon wrote:He didn't kill Dreadwing for being disloyal or a failure or even for being disruptive, he killed him because he couldn't coexist with Starscream.


Megatron told Dreadwing that his cooperation was essential, despite the difficulty of Starscream joining the Decepticon ranks again. He didn't kill him because Dreadwing couldn't flat out coexist with Starscream, but because he learned that he couldn't through this act.

You're honestly going to ignore Dreadwing's disobedience anyway? Megatron values obedience in his ranks, along with success, and Dreadwing proved that he couldn't coincide with either at that point.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
PrymeStriker wrote:
DarkEnergon wrote:He didn't kill Dreadwing for being disloyal or a failure or even for being disruptive, he killed him because he couldn't coexist with Starscream.


Megatron told Dreadwing that his cooperation was essential, despite the difficulty of Starscream joining the Decepticon ranks again. He didn't kill him because Dreadwing couldn't flat out coexist with Starscream, but because he learned that he couldn't through this act.

You're honestly going to ignore Dreadwing's disobedience anyway? Megatron values obedience in his ranks, along with success, and Dreadwing proved that he couldn't coincide with either at that point.


Dreadwing's disobedience forced Megatron to take action, but did he terminate Dreadwing because of that, or because he'd rather have Starscream?

Maybe he only killed him to save Starscream, not simply because he thought Dreadwing deserved death for something could be seen as the last straw.

Maybe he only killed him because he decided this Dreadwing + Starscream thing just wasn't going to work out.

Maybe he *was* furious that Dreadwing openly defied him, and that's why. But Dreadwing disobeyed him when he saved Megatron, and was told he'd make a fine second-in-command. Other decepticons have failed and disobeyed left and right and lived to tell about it.

I think someone like Megatron could easily let the two foes battle it out and see that stronger one gets to stand by his side. when Megatron ordered him to stand down, he was committing to Starscream - he wanted Dreadwing to prove he could coexist with him, and when he proved otherwise, Megatron saved the weaker fighter, but stronger strategist.

Actually, I'm not sure if we're agreeing and I'm just poorly articulating my point. Basically, I don't think Megatron kills Dreadwing outright unless unless he has to to keep Starscream.
User avatar
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
DarkEnergon wrote:Actually, I'm not sure if we're agreeing and I'm just poorly articulating my point. Basically, I don't think Megatron kills Dreadwing outright unless unless he has to to keep Starscream.


Well, of course. That's what Megatron said. Starscream had all four Omega Keys. If Megatron said "No deal" to Starscream, even if he didn't know what the keys do, Megatron would be out of luck and missing the chance to revitalize Cybertron. Henceforth, Starscream was a more important ally than Dreadwing.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5426
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby chaosmage42 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
dreadwing - starscream is more likely to kill me later better to nip that one -but then again im not a raging loon like this megatron so his choice is less rational
chaosmage42
Minibot
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 pm
Watch chaosmage42 on YouTube
Buy from chaosmage42 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: Infinity

Re: TF Prime: If you are Megatron, who would you spared?

Postby Arctorro » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Megatron clearly stated that after Starscream left the Decepticon ranks infighting nearly destroyed them and that they needed to operate as a united front. He also stated that he needed SS by his side instead of against the Decepticons and that loyalty had become a major requirement in recent times.

Starscream doesn't always win, but he is VERY useful, as proven at the end of Regeneration when the kids are used to 'trade' for the Omega Keys.

Dreadwing was defying Megatron's order to end the dissension and act as a team AND he was trying to kill the best lieutenant Megs ever had.
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014