Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TF WAR JOURNAL: "PRIDE"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TF WAR JOURNAL: "PRIDE"

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Image

Comes before a fall...
Last edited by Richter on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Sherade » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 pm

I still don't understand this.
But I finally see what the pose is mimicking.
Image
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
Posts: 3689
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:18 pm

Sherade wrote:I still don't understand this.
But I finally see what the pose is mimicking.

This picture is one of the covers for the project.

We're slowly revelaing which characters are featured in it, each new text describes the characters role / personality in the story.

Next character to be revealed is...
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Sherade » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:24 pm

Gotcha.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the last is Silverbolt.
I'm just guessing.
Image
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
Posts: 3689
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:28 pm

Sherade wrote:Gotcha.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the last is Silverbolt.
I'm just guessing.

Mope, Silverbolt is not the last bot to be revealed.
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Sherade » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:42 pm

Is the next.....um..I dunn, but they're Aerialbots...correct?



Image
Image
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
Posts: 3689
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Sherade wrote:Is the next.....um..I dunn, but they're Aerialbots...correct?

NOt necessarily, First Aid isn't an Aerialbot, so there's no reason to assume the reast are :)
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Sherade » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:48 pm

Richter wrote:
Sherade wrote:Is the next.....um..I dunn, but they're Aerialbots...correct?

NOt necessarily, First Aid isn't an Aerialbot, so there's no reason to assume the reast are :)
I'm not good at recognizing combiners from back in the day. I didn't realize that was first-Aid. :P
I'm gonna keep trying till I get it!
Image
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander
Posts: 3689
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Postby Jeysie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Is that Air Raid or Slingshot? "Pride" certainly would fit Slingshot to a T. :P

(And if you either killed Slingshot off or wrote him well enough to make me to not want to use him for target practice, I'd be suitably impressed. ;) )
User avatar
Jeysie
Headmaster
Posts: 1021
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 pm

Jeysie wrote:Is that Air Raid or Slingshot? "Pride" certainly would fit Slingshot to a T. :P

(And if you either killed Slingshot off or wrote him well enough to make me to not want to use him for target practice, I'd be suitably impressed. ;) )

Slingshot it is :)

Maybe we could do both and you'd really be impressed :D
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Front Paged Richter.

I cant believe there are still people who didn't know this was the Iwo Jima pose... sheesh.

So when does a member of the Technobots get revealed?
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
Image
User avatar
i_amtrunks
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10694
News Credits: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Head Shot » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:41 pm

what I'm quessing is we're gonna see one member from the 3 main autobot combiners, and then the 4th is an autobot that probably doesn't normally get too much attention. Firstaid from the protectobots, slingshot(?) from the Aerialbots (spelling?), a member from the technobots, and then my assumption of another autobot that isn't a combiner, but will serve a leader-like position.
Head Shot
Godmaster
Posts: 1895
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:02 pm

i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged Richter.

I cant believe there are still people who didn't know this was the Iwo Jima pose... sheesh.

So when does a member of the Technobots get revealed?

Thanks, Trunks.

But sorry, no Technobots in this story :(
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby --B-- » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Richter wrote:Slingshot it is :)


And to quote myself in the original War Journal posting:

--B-- wrote: I think that the bot in question is Slingshot, as he had the short, snubnosed plane front, and that nosecone isn't far above his head.


Sweet
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
City Commander
Posts: 3249
News Credits: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: PA
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Briggs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 pm

I hope you guys do a greatjob on whatever this is,because you are doing a great job of attracting attention and getting a lot of us pretty excited. I honestly feel like I do when IDW is releasing a new series or something!
Briggs
Headmaster
Posts: 1046
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:44 pm

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
The autobots are invading Iraq to get energon, the flag is supplied by halliburton.
God, save me from your followers.

Image
Sideshow Sideswipe
City Commander
Posts: 3270
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:25 pm
Location: Boston WOO!
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Gasper » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:46 pm

No Technobots?! Travesty indeed!
Gasper
Micromaster
Posts: 81
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: The Great Plains

Postby wordmongerer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:48 pm

--B-- wrote:
Richter wrote:Slingshot it is :)


And to quote myself in the original War Journal posting:

--B-- wrote: I think that the bot in question is Slingshot, as he had the short, snubnosed plane front, and that nosecone isn't far above his head.


Sweet


You the man!
wordmongerer
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Postby wordmongerer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Briggs wrote:I hope you guys do a greatjob on whatever this is,because you are doing a great job of attracting attention and getting a lot of us pretty excited. I honestly feel like I do when IDW is releasing a new series or something!


Thanks! We definitely wanted to make this the best fan project we could. We wanted it to be as IDW-like as possible, to be as professional as we could. When this finally launches I hope everybody gets a kick out of it!
wordmongerer
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Postby wordmongerer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Gasper wrote:No Technobots?! Travesty indeed!


Sorry 'bout that! We've tried to use characters that haven't appeared in the IDWverse, at least at the time of writing it anyway. The Technobots were in Stormbringer so unfortunately that ruled them out for this story.
wordmongerer
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:08 pm

Briggs wrote:I hope you guys do a greatjob on whatever this is,because you are doing a great job of attracting attention and getting a lot of us pretty excited. I honestly feel like I do when IDW is releasing a new series or something!

So do I :)

Glad you're feeling the anticipation, that's half the battle.
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Galaxy_Convoy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the shadow in the back is Doubledealer, only because the shape of what appears to be the head. The front I still don't have a clue on. This cover is going to be awesome. :grin:
Galaxy_Convoy
Headmaster
Posts: 1067
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 pm

Postby Richter » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:18 pm

Galaxy_Convoy wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the shadow in the back is Doubledealer, only because the shape of what appears to be the head. The front I still don't have a clue on. This cover is going to be awesome. :grin:

Nope, but I like the way you're thinking.
Richter
Targetmaster
Posts: 672
News Credits: 440
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby Jazzz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:53 pm

my internet was slow tody and the image loading made this really suspenseful.
Jazzz
Combiner
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:13 am

Postby Jazzz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm

could the last one be Megatron/Galvatron?
I dunno why but that guy's arm is way too long.
it looks like a cannon.
Jazzz
Combiner
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:13 am

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014