Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak, Counterpunch

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Blackstreak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
This set isn't bad if you want a more traditional Devastator style Hercules. I kind of like Hercules as he is w/out the upgrade.
Image

# of Transformers in collection: 241TFs 4 sale
1985 Action Cards for sale
WTB/T for...
Blackstreak
Gestalt
Posts: 2041
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: West Chester, OH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby joesaysso » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 am

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
rpetras wrote: It is also smart to put out many of the upgrades people have been asking for.


DMSL wrote:They are listening to their customers which is awesome but i for one don't care for this set. I do like the gun though so i hope they will have it available seperately to buy.


Haha, you are simply not giving them enough credit. If you think for a second that these upgrades weren't planned out long before Herc was released, you are being naive. They aren't listening to their customers. They are just executing the plan. The "collector" mentality is so predictable.

TFC knew that they could put out the current version of Herc for that lofty price tag and all of the collectors out there would pay it. But while they would pay it, they'd have minor gripes about the head or the gun or so on. I'm sure that the plan all along would be to "crazydevy" their own product to drain even more money out of the collector....

Slick_Prime wrote:This made me go out and impulse buy the entire Hercules set...



GetRightRobot wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that I will buy this. I don't care if it's another 100 bucks.


....And the plan works to perfection. You all line up like lemmings to fork out even more cash. I gotta say, I get a little embarrassed reading these threads some times. Its like watching a bunch of junkies praising their dealer for giving them what they need, when the dealer really knows that he's only taking advantage of you because you are hooked and you'll keep coming back no matter what.

I have a special prize for the first person who can amass a total of $1000 put into their not-Devastator figure. A very special......slow clap. :APPLAUSE:
One man's two cents
Image
joesaysso
Vehicon
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:19 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
joesaysso wrote:
rpetras wrote: It is also smart to put out many of the upgrades people have been asking for.


DMSL wrote:They are listening to their customers which is awesome but i for one don't care for this set. I do like the gun though so i hope they will have it available seperately to buy.


Haha, you are simply not giving them enough credit. If you think for a second that these upgrades weren't planned out long before Herc was released, you are being naive. They aren't listening to their customers. They are just executing the plan. The "collector" mentality is so predictable.

TFC knew that they could put out the current version of Herc for that lofty price tag and all of the collectors out there would pay it. But while they would pay it, they'd have minor gripes about the head or the gun or so on. I'm sure that the plan all along would be to "crazydevy" their own product to drain even more money out of the collector....

Slick_Prime wrote:This made me go out and impulse buy the entire Hercules set...



GetRightRobot wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that I will buy this. I don't care if it's another 100 bucks.


....And the plan works to perfection. You all line up like lemmings to fork out even more cash. I gotta say, I get a little embarrassed reading these threads some times. Its like watching a bunch of junkies praising their dealer for giving them what they need, when the dealer really knows that he's only taking advantage of you because you are hooked and you'll keep coming back no matter what.

I have a special prize for the first person who can amass a total of $1000 put into their not-Devastator figure. A very special......slow clap. :APPLAUSE:


Interesting conspiracy theory. Except for one thing: the QC issues ;) Think really carefully about that one, but don't break your head.

I do applaud what TFC is doing and has done so far. However, I simply view those upgrades not as a necessity, but more like a different choice that you have to pay more for to acquire: sleek vs. "messy". It does make my choice between MakeToys and TFC a bit harder though, as I like the "messy" look on Devastator.
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13724
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:41 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Ah...somebody sounds upset! :lol: Well Joe, it's like this: My money, my decision. Besides, who goes out and buys the Cadillac of Devastators and doesn't throw some D's on it? Necessary? Of course not, but non of this hobby is NECESSARY. 8)
User avatar
GetRightRobot
News Staff
Posts: 1701
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 am

While I don't think they had a "master plan" of "tricking" anyone into buying this add on set, I do think they saw custom threads at TFW and copied some ideas from over there. I mean .... people have made these add ons using Shapeways and their own customising skills already over there. Except for a drill hand.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3763
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby joesaysso » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:36 am

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting conspiracy theory.


Conspiracy theory? What are you talking about? There's no conspiracy here at all. Its called a business model. The point is to cash in as much profit as possible. Crazydevy set the precedence for the Devastator upgrade idea. All TFC did was build their own figure and then apply somebody else's idea to make more money off of it. Its really not that much of a stretch really. Certainly not enough to be a conspiracy. If you don't think this was TFC's plan all along then explain how pics of the prototypes are released so soon after the last of the figures shipped. Collector's have had their hands on the full Herc set for what, a few weeks? And upgrades are getting ready to roll out already. Seriously....as I said before, thats just naive.

GetRightRobot wrote:Ah...somebody sounds upset! Well Joe, it's like this: My money, my decision.


Upset at what exactly? I didn't spend a dime on Hercules. High prices, QC issues, or expensive upgrades have no impact on me whatsoever. I have nothing to be upset about. If anything, you should be upset not me. Ebay is already full of these figures for cheaper than the $99 +shipping original price. If I really wanted it, I could probably get it cheaper than most here who preordered it simply because I waited. I don't really want it though so again, no real impact on me. Sure, its your money. And I didn't make any suggestions to you on how to spend it. I simply pointed out the "collector behavior" that I find both amusing and embarrassing at the same time.

GetRightRobot wrote:Besides, who goes out and buys the Cadillac of Devastators and doesn't throw some D's on it? Necessary? Of course not, but non of this hobby is NECESSARY


Yeah exactly. And thats what TFC was thinking too. I don't know why my line of thinking is being called a conspiracy theory when you pretty much just summed it up. Spending upwards of $900 for the whole set is hard for people to handle. But in smaller doses, its easier to manage. One figure at time and then the upgrades and soon TFC has half on an entire paycheck. TFC hasn't gotten the purple mixing drum out there yet so don't be surprised if there is a second upgrade set coming later for you to throw your D's on.
One man's two cents
Image
joesaysso
Vehicon
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 am

The QC issues belie any big "plan" where TFC is taking advantage of collector mentality. At some point they probably saw the list of things people wanted out of their Devestator (and the stuff made at TFW) and just said "fine, let's go and do that". The entire design of Herc goes against the idea that they planned these add-ons from the start. Unline everything else, these add-ons don't seem to "integrate" anywhere on Herc in even a marginal respect, like the hands. As-is Herc is a 100% complete figure.

But it's not like they're the first company to make add-ons for their own figure. That honor goes to Fansprojects, I believe, where they made missiles and a gun for City Commander well after the initial release of their trailer.
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3763
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Ya know what ruins the new head ???

Why does it need to be so square like the old one ??? shave off the top corners to make the proper shape. Then maybe ill pass on the Crazydevy.
Image

"I guess being replaced by Mania King isn't so bad after all"

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
joesaysso wrote:Upset at what exactly? I didn't spend a dime on Hercules.


Too bad, he is freaking awesome!

GetRightRobot wrote:Besides, who goes out and buys the Cadillac of Devastators and doesn't throw some D's on it? Necessary? Of course not, but non of this hobby is NECESSARY


joesaysso wrote:Yeah exactly. And thats what TFC was thinking too. ...don't be surprised if there is a second upgrade set coming later for you to throw your D's on.


Cadillac does not make aftermarket rims.
But me upset? AHAHAHHAHAHAAAAA! With this?
Image

You have to be kidding! :lol:
User avatar
GetRightRobot
News Staff
Posts: 1701
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby megatronus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
joesaysso wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting conspiracy theory.


Conspiracy theory? What are you talking about? There's no conspiracy here at all. Its called a business model... as I said before, thats just naive.

GetRightRobot wrote:Ah...somebody sounds upset! Well Joe, it's like this: My money, my decision.


Upset at what exactly? I didn't spend a dime on Hercules. High prices, QC issues, or expensive upgrades have no impact on me whatsoever. I have nothing to be upset about. If anything, you should be upset not me... Sure, its your money. And I didn't make any suggestions to you on how to spend it. I simply pointed out the "collector behavior" that I find both amusing and embarrassing at the same time.

GetRightRobot wrote:Besides, who goes out and buys the Cadillac of Devastators and doesn't throw some D's on it? Necessary? Of course not, but non of this hobby is NECESSARY


Yeah exactly. And thats what TFC was thinking too. I don't know why my line of thinking is being called a conspiracy theory when you pretty much just summed it up... TFC hasn't gotten the purple mixing drum out there yet so don't be surprised if there is a second upgrade set coming later for you to throw your D's on.


Joe - the issue people are taking with your comments is you sound smug and condescending, and imply that we're all idiots. Is it naive to think TFC wasn't thinking about this relatively early on? Perhaps. I personally think the argument that the QC issues preclude the possibility of this kit being planned isn't an effective one, because those were unexpected problems post-production. True, it doesn't mean TFC wasn't planning on releasing a kit like this, especially knowing that this would help TFC steal MakeToys' market share. However, your "embarassment" at the actions of your fellow fans and collectors really rubs a lot of us the wrong way.
Last edited by megatronus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Godmaster
Posts: 1733
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Here's thought for everyone. If it was a $20 figure in every store in the US, I'm guessing there would be less.... negativity. I realize it's expensive. But I can afford it, and it is awesome. I mean, compared to the turd on the left side of this picture, atleast x6 better = x6 more expensive. The math adds up. What upgrade could possibly save the ROTF Devy? Other than gasoline and a match?
Image
User avatar
GetRightRobot
News Staff
Posts: 1701
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby El Duque » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Don't like, don't buy. Hercules is perfectly fine as he is. It's not like he needs these to be complete. He has a gun, he has forearms, he has a head. However, this is nice for those who want a more G1 and less IDW appearance.
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9599
News Credits: 88
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby megatronus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Motto: "I have better things to do tonight than die!"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
GetRightRobot wrote:Here's thought for everyone. If it was a $20 figure in every store in the US, I'm guessing there would be less.... negativity. I realize it's expensive. But I can afford it, and it is awesome. I mean, compared to the turd on the left side of this picture, atleast x6 better = x6 more expensive. The math adds up. What upgrade could possibly save the ROTF Devy? Other than gasoline and a match?
Image


True that GetRightRobot - if you can afford it, chances are you're enjoying it. I know I am! Also, kudos on the Custom Dinobots. They rocked!

Fun thread topic: Think of creative ways to 'Devastate' ROTF Devastator! :KREMZEEK:

My ideas include:
1. Sledgehammer (or 'Office Space' style destruction)
2. Trash Compacter (aka Shredder's death)
3. Drop from the top of a tall mountain
Image
User avatar
megatronus
Godmaster
Posts: 1733
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
GetRightRobot wrote:What upgrade could possibly save the ROTF Devy? Other than gasoline and a match?

Didn't CrazyDevy do a wrecking ball set for it? That.

On the topic at hand, I didn't post this when this news first broke because I didn't want to be "that asshøle" but this completely torpedoes the "total integration" this they were claiming.

I am so excited to have both G1 and G2 Devastators from Maketoys for about the same price as a "complete" Hercules! I am still, that "that asshøle"!
Now for Sale!

Nearly everything! Selling my Classics collection!
NOW ON eBAY:

BOTCON VECTOR SIGMA & KEY!
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
Botcon Banzai-Tron!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy
CLASSICS Starscream, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Acid Storm, Wheeljack, Tracks, Bumblebee, Space Case, Terradive & more!

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
Gestalt
Posts: 2973
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
zodconvoy wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:What upgrade could possibly save the ROTF Devy? Other than gasoline and a match?

Didn't CrazyDevy do a wrecking ball set for it? That.

On the topic at hand, I didn't post this when this news first broke because I didn't want to be "that asshøle" but this completely torpedoes the "total integration" this they were claiming.

I am so excited to have both G1 and G2 Devastators from Maketoys for about the same price as a "complete" Hercules! I am still, that "that asshøle"!


You're not the A man. Actually, your spoiler covered comment brings up an excellent point. As far as the total integration.... moot point for me. Even if I had the room to display them in vehicle mode (where the integration part comes into play) I wouldn't. Now with the Maketoys suppose you could....if you had 2 sets..... :-?
User avatar
GetRightRobot
News Staff
Posts: 1701
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby kirbenvost » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Now that I realize it's for more G1 appearance I guess it makes sense. The yelling face still looks really silly.
Image
------------------------------
My Collection
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8657
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Apologies if this has already been said. I'm short of time.

What racks me off about this set is you know these pieces were conceived during the initial development of Hercules, and yet TFC made the decision to exclude them from the final product. They could have included them with the main figures, charged more for each, and guaranteed the extra coin from the fans. As it is, I for one will likely go without 'double-oh seven'.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2231
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sodan-1 wrote:What racks me off about this set is you know these pieces were conceived during the initial development of Hercules, and yet TFC made the decision to exclude them from the final product. They could have included them with the main figures, charged more for each, and guaranteed the extra coin from the fans. As it is, I for one will likely go without 'double-oh seven'.

I don't believe that for a second. I believe that TFC saw what fans were doing with their figures as they were being released, so they collected the ideas into a single set.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13683
News Credits: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Since everyone is throwing up their Devy to show the haters how awesome this figure really is, how about I add one more...

Image
Image

"I guess being replaced by Mania King isn't so bad after all"

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby joesaysso » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 am

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Mkall wrote:I don't believe that for a second. I believe that TFC saw what fans were doing with their figures as they were being released, so they collected the ideas into a single set.


Why don't you believe that? Why do you think that TFC is so noble? Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you, yourself couldn't have predicted the fans reaction to the product? Nearly every 3rd party product that is released is G1 based. Either G1 figures or upgrades to make current figures look more like G1. The entire 3rd party is G1 because the collector's want G1. Thats why its so overwhelmingly successful.

So can you honestly say that you could not predict that collectors would say that they wanted Herc to be more G1? Because I bet that you could have. And I bet that nearly everyone on this board could have as well. And you can surely bet that TFC predicted it as well. Hence, a more G1 upgrade set for a product that should have been more G1 from the outset. For a fee, of course.

Frankly, its a good plan if you ask me. Because for every one or two people that it upsets, there's 5 more people who get down on their knees to TFC for listening to the fans. And TFC cashes in either way. Its hard to hate on TFC really, they are only taking the money that so many here are so eager to shove in their pockets.

megatronus wrote:Joe - the issue people are taking with your comments is you sound smug and condescending, and imply that we're all idiots. Is it naive to think TFC wasn't thinking about this relatively early on? Perhaps. I personally think the argument that the QC issues preclude the possibility of this kit being planned isn't an effective one, because those were unexpected problems post-production. True, it doesn't mean TFC wasn't planning on releasing a kit like this, especially knowing that this would help TFC steal MakeToys' market share. However, your "embarassment" at the actions of your fellow fans and collectors really rubs a lot of us the wrong way.


Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm sorry I haven't reduced the thread to name calling and swearing so I can come across as a jerk or a troll as opposed to smug and condescending. If I have to be "that smug guy" for trying to comunicate intelligently and rationally, then thats my cross to bare and I'm fine with it. I am only calling things as I see them. There's an old saying that says "the truth hurts." If people are getting upset at my comments, maybe its because I'm not too far off base with them. If some other hobby had just had some must have item come out for a ton of money and then soon after had an upgrade set come out for even more money, and those hobbyists were praising the company and lining up to throw their dollars at them, I'm sure there would be plenty people on this board who would say the same thing to them as I said here.

Look, at the end of the day, its your money. Buy what you want with it. Whats embarassing for me is that people are spending their money under this notion that the 3rd party is so great, they give fans what they want, and they really listen to fans and blah blah blah. When the reality is that the collector fanbase is like an unstruck oil reserve. Its awesome wealth thats waiting to be tapped into. And the 3rd party is just the drill thats doing the tapping. Its only about the mighty dollar for them. TFC has practically thrown this fact in everyone's faces with this upgrade. But people here either don't want to believe or just chose to ignore the facts because they don't want the magical illusion of the 3rd party market ruined for them.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts: its like the junkie who thinks his dealer is his friend. The dealer is just providing the product that the junkie thinks he needs so badly. And the junkie is so greatful when he finally gets what he needs. But at the end of the day, the dealer doesn't give a rat's ass about the junkie. The only thing he cares about is whether or not the junkie can pay him. And one day, if the junkie can't pay him anymore or the junkie OD's or ends up broke and homeless, the dealer doesn't care. Because there are plenty more junkies where the first one came from.

That my friends is the 3rd party market.
One man's two cents
Image
joesaysso
Vehicon
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Why is anyone mad about this for any reason?

Personally, I think it's a stupid kit that takes away from what the figure is great at doing. Do I care if people want it?

No.

Are options good?

Yes.

In short. Whatever. Seriously. >:oP
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15156
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 am

Counterpunch wrote:Why is anyone mad about this for any reason?

Personally, I think it's a stupid kit that takes away from what the figure is great at doing. Do I care if people want it?

No.

Are options good?

Yes.

In short. Whatever. Seriously. >:oP

Amen brother! I just don't understand fans bashing products they won't be buying.

And let me add, fans bashing products that other fans want.
Last edited by DevastaTTor on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Haterz gonna Hate. >:oP
User avatar
GetRightRobot
News Staff
Posts: 1701
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby Razama » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I for one like the way this upgrade is looking. It almost makes me want to jump on the Hercules bandwagon.. almost. I guess im that guy that likes a more G1 Dev. ill be keeping my eye on this but for now im still all for Giant.
Buy my stuff! http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/universe-rotf-g1-sale-p1349630.php#p1349630
User avatar
Razama
Micromaster
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: TFC -007 Hercules Upgrade

Postby joesaysso » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
DevastaTTor wrote:Amen brother! I just don't understand fans bashing products they won't be buying.

And let me add, fans bashing products that other fans want.


No products were harmed during the making of this thread. No products were "bashed" either. I think its generally unanimous that Herc is quite good figure.
One man's two cents
Image
joesaysso
Vehicon
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:51 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Unofficial Transformers 3rd Party and Knock Offs Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014