Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak, Counterpunch

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:03 am

so much better than the bile Hasbro just showed us. Can't wait to get the first two members of Uranos, Rollbar too.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1398
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Rated X » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:53 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mekatron wrote:
daimchoc wrote:Shipping for individual figs, customs fees, etc... It's quite possible... Guy is from Canada. It should be cheaper if you buy and ship the whole set altogether.


Don't forget the "Furious Uranus" upgrade to fix the arm proportions & stupid gun, the CrazyDevy head because TFC put a faceplate on Superion, some Shapeways leg-extensions because his thighs are too short & some paint for them. That's all about an extra $150...



Oh hell yeah !!! And dont forget the reprolabels...
Im going to drop 800 bucks to get the best possible expierence endulging in Uranus !!!
Image

"I guess being replaced by Mania King isn't so bad after all"

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5145
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Mekatron wrote:
daimchoc wrote:Shipping for individual figs, customs fees, etc... It's quite possible... Guy is from Canada. It should be cheaper if you buy and ship the whole set altogether.


Don't forget the "Furious Uranus" upgrade to fix the arm proportions & stupid gun, the CrazyDevy head because TFC put a faceplate on Superion, some Shapeways leg-extensions because his thighs are too short & some paint for them. That's all about an extra $150...

Glad I won't have to buy any of those...
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3072
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby daimchoc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am

Image
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby daimchoc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:19 am

Image
Image
Image
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Banjo-Tron » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
That whole 'foot as a stand' thing is a very nice idea. I wonder if the hands can be used in a similar way on the 2 arm bots?
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1683
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby NOS » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 am

TFC is really outdoing themselves this time. Color me seven shades of impressed. Shame I can't find a place in my collection for these. The foot-stand idea is an excellent touch as well.

Good show, TFC. :APPLAUSE:
Image
User avatar
NOS
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:31 am

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Mekatron » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

Wow... while I probably won't be buying the set, I'm tempted to just pick up the F-15 as it looks wonderful.

Image

That looks like a really thin connection for Uranos' ankles... makes me nervous just looking at it.
User avatar
Mekatron
Fuzor
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:08 am

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby That Bot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The more I see, the more I want it. I don't want to want it! I can't afford to want it! Stop making it look so good, TFC!

And yeah, foot as stand is a REALLY cool idea.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1002
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby TraitorJ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
Ya I'm totally sold, the real question is, preoder them as they come out? Or wait for the second release with any issues fixed?
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby NTESHFT » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
TraitorJ wrote:Ya I'm totally sold, the real question is, preoder them as they come out? Or wait for the second release with any issues fixed?



I think BBTS still has them available for preorder.
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That Bot wrote:The more I see, the more I want it. I don't want to want it! I can't afford to want it! Stop making it look so good, TFC!

And yeah, foot as stand is a REALLY cool idea.


^^ This, dammit...

I can't. I really can't.

*goes off to bbts*
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Godmaster
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby necr0blivion » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
headsortails wrote:
TraitorJ wrote:Ya I'm totally sold, the real question is, preoder them as they come out? Or wait for the second release with any issues fixed?



I think BBTS still has them available for preorder.


I believe he means should he wait to hear reviews of the first run before ordering, or just preorder now and ride out the storm like I'm sure most people are. I'm in the former category, and I'm hoping that by waiting I can order the entire set at a reduced cost like some retailers did with Hercules.

I will say that these teaser pictures are making it harder every day to not click the little button right now.
necr0blivion
Headmaster
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby TraitorJ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
necr0blivion wrote:
headsortails wrote:
TraitorJ wrote:Ya I'm totally sold, the real question is, preoder them as they come out? Or wait for the second release with any issues fixed?



I think BBTS still has them available for preorder.


I believe he means should he wait to hear reviews of the first run before ordering, or just preorder now and ride out the storm like I'm sure most people are. I'm in the former category, and I'm hoping that by waiting I can order the entire set at a reduced cost like some retailers did with Hercules.

I will say that these teaser pictures are making it harder every day to not click the little button right now.


You hit the nail on the head. The first run would be awesome, because you get them sooner, though there is always a chance that you run into the quirks/problems sometimes associated with first runs.

I was thinking the same thing about some retailers doing a bundle set at a reduced cost as well, and sometimes shipping it all in one large box is cheaper than 6 smaller boxes.

But like most people, the more I see, the more I want it NOW. Too bad Christmas is so close.....
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Agamemnon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:55 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
TraitorJ wrote:You hit the nail on the head. The first run would be awesome, because you get them sooner, though there is always a chance that you run into the quirks/problems sometimes associated with first runs.


Based on my experience with Herc, this is less of a concern with me. Sure, there were the hip and the shovel problems, but TFC addressed them for us and provided replacements at no cost. TFC seems a top notch outfit.

I'm struggling with spending another $600 so soon after Herc. I love Herc. I think I'd really like to have this. So far they are beautiful!

Anybody want to buy my movie TF collection? Or a kidney? :-?
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Godmaster
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby TraitorJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
Agamemnon wrote:
TraitorJ wrote:You hit the nail on the head. The first run would be awesome, because you get them sooner, though there is always a chance that you run into the quirks/problems sometimes associated with first runs.


Based on my experience with Herc, this is less of a concern with me. Sure, there were the hip and the shovel problems, but TFC addressed them for us and provided replacements at no cost. TFC seems a top notch outfit.

I'm struggling with spending another $600 so soon after Herc. I love Herc. I think I'd really like to have this. So far they are beautiful!

Anybody want to buy my movie TF collection? Or a kidney? :-?



I know TFC was on top of the fixes, as was Maketoys with Yellow Giant (which I have), and it isn't really a concern for me because of the fact that both companies were so on the ball with addressing the problems and providing the fixes for free.

But from my experience with Giant, running into an issue (accidentally snapping Giant's head off :oops: ) mildly hampered my enjoyment of the figures til the fixes were out. And correct me if I'm wrong, but both TFC and Maketoys released a second run (the Green Giant Type 61 in MT's case) that addressed the problems so buyers didn't have to worry about any issues right out of the box.

That being said I'd love to have them sooner rather than later, but waiting til all of the set are available will give me more time to save $$$, especially with the holidays right around the corner.
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby rpetras » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
TraitorJ wrote:waiting til all of the set are available will give me more time to save $$$, especially with the holidays right around the corner.


I've been using Bill me Later to get my set, as I did with Herc.

They give you 6 months no payment/no interest on purchases over $99.

I just paid off Herc a little at a time, and never accrued an interest charge.

I got my set up front and was able to ride out the Christmas season with no impact to the family budget.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
Gestalt
Posts: 2971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby That Bot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
6 months no interest? How do they make their profit, then?
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1002
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:04 am

That Bot wrote:6 months no interest? How do they make their profit, then?

The same way everyone else that offers similar financing does; sell products. In the end, offering financing should allow them to sell more.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby TraitorJ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 am

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
rpetras wrote:
TraitorJ wrote:waiting til all of the set are available will give me more time to save $$$, especially with the holidays right around the corner.


I've been using Bill me Later to get my set, as I did with Herc.

They give you 6 months no payment/no interest on purchases over $99.

I just paid off Herc a little at a time, and never accrued an interest charge.

I got my set up front and was able to ride out the Christmas season with no impact to the family budget.


Who offers this payment method? And is it 6 months from the time of sale of the first figure? Or six months for each figure if purchased as they are released? Any info on this would be great, it's always nice to know there are options.
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby rpetras » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
TraitorJ wrote:Who offers this payment method? And is it 6 months from the time of sale of the first figure? Or six months for each figure if purchased as they are released? Any info on this would be great, it's always nice to know there are options.


Bill me Later is through Paypal.
Sorry, should have specified.

It is 6 months from the date you make each transaction.
And they always apply your payments to the oldest transaction first.

Like I said, this helped me buy Herc, among other things, last Christmas.
I'm doing the same with Superion.

I hope this info can help others afford this great figure.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
User avatar
rpetras
Gestalt
Posts: 2971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby TraitorJ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "What's that smell... Is it me?"
Weapon: Gravito-Gun
rpetras wrote:
TraitorJ wrote:Who offers this payment method? And is it 6 months from the time of sale of the first figure? Or six months for each figure if purchased as they are released? Any info on this would be great, it's always nice to know there are options.


Bill me Later is through Paypal.
Sorry, should have specified.

It is 6 months from the date you make each transaction.
And they always apply your payments to the oldest transaction first.

Like I said, this helped me buy Herc, among other things, last Christmas.
I'm doing the same with Superion.

I hope this info can help others afford this great figure.


Wow, I had no idea Paypal had this feature...... this might be bad..... *runs off to order every Transformer on the internet*

Thanks for the info rpetras!
User avatar
TraitorJ
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Kibble » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
TraitorJ wrote:
Wow, I had no idea Paypal had this feature...... this might be bad..... *runs off to order every Transformer on the internet*

Thanks for the info rpetras!


And this is exactly why they offer it...you buy things you wouldn't normally buy otherwise. And Paypal gets a nice chunk of every purchase. Thanks for playing... ;)
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3571
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby Rated X » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:03 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
If therse no new pictures of silverbolt in color, then lets forget about paypal already and get back to the Uranus jokes. :lol:
Image

"I guess being replaced by Mania King isn't so bad after all"

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5145
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: TFC Toys Project Uranus (Superion) Updates

Postby daimchoc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 am

ImageImageImageImage
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Unofficial Transformers 3rd Party and Knock Offs Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014