Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed

Postby F Prime » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).


Here I thought romances and relationships were to give theses characters, you know, character >:oP


Yup. If Transformers were only allowed to go on about right/wrong and good/evil I would probably stop reading. I appreciate the character development.
Pi is exactly 3!
Image
User avatar
F Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 285
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 am

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class figure revealed

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
G1 Legacy wrote:"Why fried logic sensors?"

Two robots belonging to a mechanical species that doesn't require physical joining or spark melding to reproduce said species. Your right, they weren't created that way...its choice.
And set in a fictional universe to sell toys to an overwhelming market share of adolescent boys, granted this subject was introduced in a comic read mostly by nostalgic adults. Subject matter aside the whole thing seems like a writers attempt at making a contemporary political statement as opposed to a moral plot point of right versus wrong (good vs. evil, autobots vs. decepticons).

Don't overanalyze, it was intended as a poke at Mike, Jon, and the guys regarding the beating of a dead horse in the recent podcast. No political statement here, just S&G's. Emphasis on the "S".

Ejects head sculpt? Cool, like the camera/scanner mount. Won't be picking up this mold on the secondary market...don't like the alt mode.

i got the joke from the beginning............shame on those who try to turn anything into a pointless politcal debate!
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

TFCC Shows Pictures of TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure

Postby ScoutBumblebee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am

Motto: "Increase efficiency.... Or be terminated."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Via the Transformers Collectors’ Club Twitter page this morning, we were treated to an “80s Rewind:" an image of the Rewind figure, in addition to a picture of TFSS 2.0 Rewind alongside G1 Ramhorn and Steeljaw. Take a look at the images below and click on over to the Energon Pub to share what you think. Rewind will be part of the upcoming Transformers Collectors' Club's Subscription Service 2.0 and will be arriving to subscribers later this year.

Image

Image
Image
OK, fine. More talk.
User avatar
ScoutBumblebee
News Staff
Posts: 248
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:50 pm
Location: The Mile-High City
Buy from ScoutBumblebee on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby Seibertron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23178
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:01 am

So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4609
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby Seibertron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
bump
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23178
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby Seibertron » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
GuyIncognito wrote:So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?


I merged the new topic with an existing topic and updated the title of the news story to reflect that this is a TFSS 2.0 figure from the Club.
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23178
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:37 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
In an attempt to better resemble the chest design of G1 Rewind rather than those of G1 Rumble/Frenzy, probably:

Image

They can't remold more than one part on the figure, so with head being new, they couldn't remold the chest and so had to make do with it this way.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16370
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 am

Seibertron wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:So are we to assume this Rewind is going to be one of the subscription figures?


I merged the new topic with an existing topic and updated the title of the news story to reflect that this is a TFSS 2.0 figure from the Club.


D'oh! #-o I totally forgot this was revealed previously.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4609
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:It looks good except for the black plastic and gold paint being inverted on his chest. Is there a reason why the chest's cassette hole spots (I don't know what else to call them) are black instead of gold?
In an attempt to better resemble the chest design of G1 Rewind rather than those of G1 Rumble/Frenzy, probably:

Image

They can't remold more than one part on the figure, so with head being new, they couldn't remold the chest and so had to make do with it this way.
Yeah, it's a little bit better in being different from Frumbly, but not really more accurate since there was no way to get any new diagonal details on it. Not saying FunPub didn't do their best here, just that it'd be interesting to see Reprolabels take a crack at it.

So, we still taking bets on who the mystery repaint of this will be? I'm guessing Rosanna, since the camera could also be interpreted as a head-mic, and if you count SG Ravage as repurposable into Glit, she's the only one of the Kiss Players cassette trio who hasn't yet gotten any sort of second toy.
Bumblevivisector
Headmaster
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bumblevivisector wrote:Yeah, it's a little bit better in being different from Frumbly, but not really more accurate since there was no way to get any new diagonal details on it. Not saying FunPub didn't do their best here, just that it'd be interesting to see Reprolabels take a crack at it.
For me, the Club making this be an alternate universe version of the IDW G1 character, instead of the main universe version of IDW G1 character, helps to get around the discrepencies between the comic design and the toy design. :-B

Bumblevivisector wrote:So, we still taking bets on who the mystery repaint of this will be? I'm guessing Rosanna, since the camera could also be interpreted as a head-mic, and if you count SG Ravage as repurposable into Glit, she's the only one of the Kiss Players cassette trio who hasn't yet gotten any sort of second toy.
Honestly, at this point, I expecting either the commonly-speculated Eject or the enigmatic Solarbot.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16370
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby craggy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Bo Selecta!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4648
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: TFCC Shows Pictures of Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:Solarbot.


If it's all clear yellow with just some other detail like the ehobby cassette, sign me up! He could even hold El Duque's AOE Prime Sword :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1265
News Credits: 33
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby Naked Magnus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:30 pm

I like the mold and own United Ravage and Frenzy, but this seems kind'a stupid because Rewind and Eject did not have pile drivers. I think the pile driver gimmick on the mold works very well, but it is not a good fit for Blaster's little dudes.
Image
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Naked Magnus wrote:I think the pile driver gimmick on the mold works very well, but it is not a good fit for Blaster's little dudes.
Oh, Rewind can put them to one appropriate use:


DATA-MINING!

...

Look, that was the perfect set-up, someone had to say it.
Bumblevivisector
Headmaster
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby Heckfire » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Sabrblade wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:So, we still taking bets on who the mystery repaint of this will be? I'm guessing Rosanna, since the camera could also be interpreted as a head-mic, and if you count SG Ravage as repurposable into Glit, she's the only one of the Kiss Players cassette trio who hasn't yet gotten any sort of second toy.
Honestly, at this point, I expecting either the commonly-speculated Eject or the enigmatic Solarbot.

I'll be honest, I am REALLY, REALLY hoping it's Eject. Rosanna is cool, but femmebots are a hot topic right now so she's likely to get a redeco from FunPub or eHobby in the near future and when are we EVER gonna get another chance for a Neo-G1 Eject again?

I mean, aside from the flip disc. Obviously.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
Image
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
User avatar
Heckfire
Vehicon
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:37 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: TFSS 2.0 Scout class REWIND figure revealed

Postby joevill » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:10 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
I cannot wait to own this!
Image
When eating planets alone isn't enough to satisfy the Chaos Bringer's hunger, Unicron comes to Earth to fill up on McDonald's. McDonald's golden arches will light our darkest hour (when the Chaos Bringer would not share) by clogging his arteries, raising his blood pressure, and giving him diabetes.
User avatar
joevill
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 569
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014