Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby NTESHFT » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQS16dG ... detailpage

I didn't see it posted already,so here it is. gotta say,personally, I dig it. looks darker, more gritty than the first one.
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wrong forum, moving to General Discussion.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13668
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Wasn't overly impressed with it actually.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38096
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Blast Cannon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Must admit, didn't get the goosebumps going.
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It looks like they're trying to copy the tone of the Dark Knight, which doesn't work with Spider-Man. I was disappointed with Spider-Man's lack of wise cracking in the last movies and this looks even worse. And they took the "dark" thing too literally, did someone glue the dimmer switches down on the set?
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby TulioDude » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Looks cool!
Image
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:38 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sure it's not perfect, but I liked this trailer more than I did Spider-Man 3.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13668
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby prowl123 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Contrary to most opinions, I think Spider-Man 3 was the best one.

The perspective thing in the end made me :SICK: .

I'm not really impressed with this.

Does anybody know who the villain is gonna be?
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
prowl123 wrote:Contrary to most opinions, I think Spider-Man 3 was the best one.

The perspective thing in the end made me :SICK: .

I'm not really impressed with this.

Does anybody know who the villain is gonna be?

The Lizard
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Duke of Luns » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 am

Whoa, it's due out on July 3rd next year? That's a surprise.

So, they're finally addressing Peter's parents in the movies. I've read various issues of Spider-Man, but haven't really read too many with his parents, but I do recall it coming up in the 90's show. I wonder what they'll do with the secret agent angle? Yes it'll be for a future film, but maybe Chameleon?

As for other thoughts, well I'm going to see the film regardless so it doesn't really want to make me see it that much more. However, I'm surprised they didn't show The Lizard! They did hint at him though, and that was cool. The perspective bit was neat, but that was really the only highlight of the trailer. I know Spider-Man's origin(doesn't everyone?), I've seen it in live action already so I hope they don't spend half the film on it. Also, I like they're going with Gwen instead of Mary Jane first.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4130
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
prowl123 wrote:Contrary to most opinions, I think Spider-Man 3 was the best one.

The perspective thing in the end made me :SICK: .

I'm not really impressed with this.

Does anybody know who the villain is gonna be?


The Lizard


Nice. :twisted:
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 am

Motto: "There are way too many people on this planet. We need a new plague."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I will give it a shot. Saw the trailer in front of Captain America yesterday, and it was OK. I think that Tobey Maguire can't act for shit, but the first 2 movies covered up his shit acting with a good story. The 3rd has a garbage story and it exposed Maguire for what he truly is. Hopefully this will keep a lot of the same elements from the first 2 films as far as tone and pacing, but maybe the lead will be better.
............Image
..............................Rule 32: "You've got to enjoy the little things."
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15331
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:54 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Looking good. Didn't like how awfully unreal the buildings looked when he was running around...
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11525
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Weapon: Stinger Missile
I'll give it a shot, but I would have preferred Raimi's fourth. He sounded like he'd learned from his mistakes with #3, so his #4 would probably have been at least as good as this #1 without having to retread stuff we've already seen.

Plus no J. Jonah Jameson here? Simmons was perfect in that role. I'll always miss his Jameson.
What the--Someone let me publish a book! Check out Not So Superpowered. At 80 pages, it's a quick read. Except for you, Burn. You'll take a week or two.

Winston wrote:Ray, if someone asks if you're a god, you... say... YES!
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4279
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby OptiMagnus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'll give it a shot. I like the first Spidey movie, the second was...er...okay, but I never saw the third. I'll give this a shot because it already looks better without Tobey Maguire...
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:45 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Me, Grimlock! wrote:I'll give it a shot, but I would have preferred Raimi's fourth. He sounded like he'd learned from his mistakes with #3, so his #4 would probably have been at least as good as this #1 without having to retread stuff we've already seen.

Plus no J. Jonah Jameson here? Simmons was perfect in that role. I'll always miss his Jameson.

Not so much. From what I heard Felicia Hardy(Black Cat) was going to be a villain called the Vultress. So he wasn't satisfied screwing up Venom, he was also going after Black Cat.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 am

Weapon: Stinger Missile
Evil_the_Nub wrote:Not so much. From what I heard Felicia Hardy(Black Cat) was going to be a villain called the Vultress. So he wasn't satisfied screwing up Venom, he was also going after Black Cat.


I don't think I would have minded her so much as Black Cat... or at least Hardy (I think they were saving Black Cat for the fifth). Besides, they had John Malkovoch as the Vulture. Frigging Malkovich! And I think the guy playing Connors got ripped off. From interviews and such, it seemed he was waiting to play the Lizard and circumstances just pulled the rug from under him and handed the role to someone else.
What the--Someone let me publish a book! Check out Not So Superpowered. At 80 pages, it's a quick read. Except for you, Burn. You'll take a week or two.

Winston wrote:Ray, if someone asks if you're a god, you... say... YES!
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4279
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Me, Grimlock! wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:Not so much. From what I heard Felicia Hardy(Black Cat) was going to be a villain called the Vultress. So he wasn't satisfied screwing up Venom, he was also going after Black Cat.


I don't think I would have minded her so much as Black Cat... or at least Hardy (I think they were saving Black Cat for the fifth). Besides, they had John Malkovoch as the Vulture. Frigging Malkovich! And I think the guy playing Connors got ripped off. From interviews and such, it seemed he was waiting to play the Lizard and circumstances just pulled the rug from under him and handed the role to someone else.

Just like Billy Dee Williams with Two-Face.
You know I'm glad that Sam Raimi has nothing to do with this one, so far I've liked two films by him Spider-Man 2 and Army of Darkness the rest I've seen weren't any good. And Spider-Man 3 managed to let me disregard those as well.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13668
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014