Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Weapon: Sword
It keeps playing evrytime I visit the seibertron.com main page. I've tried muting it, but the next time I visit it starts up again.

Any way to disable it?
Lapse Of Reason
City Commander
Posts: 3741
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby chrisc4 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Motto: "Never let fear overcome you."
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
i didnt know it was there when i got on at work, it scared the crap out me and everyone else. :lol:
Image
User avatar
chrisc4
Fuzor
Posts: 296
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:36 pm
Location: Laredo, Texas
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: ???

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby robofreak » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm

Lapse Of Reason wrote:It keeps playing evrytime I visit the seibertron.com main page. I've tried muting it, but the next time I visit it starts up again.

Any way to disable it?


They're working on it.

Trust me, I've been getting mad at it as well.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Site Moderator
Posts: 3143
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Firefox + Adblock = WIN.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8463
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby Galvatron X » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Yeah, it's annoying...

It was going off the other night on me and I couldn't figure out where the hell it was coming from! I had 4-5 tabs open, so I had to close them one-by-one, and then figure out where on the Seibs page it was coming from, then mute it.

Honestly, I haven't heard it since that day...

EDIT: I just looked at it and it says I'm "missing the plug-in VLC necessary to watch videos". Like I'm gonna download that, knowing what the result will be!
Last edited by Galvatron X on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 908
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Brewer, Maine
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby dinogeist » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Firefox + Adblock = WIN.


I'm lucky i'm using AOL & all I see is a "download button"

My guess is once you click the download button,you keep seeing the ad play.

since I refuse to click the download button. I don't see the ad play.
User avatar
dinogeist
Godmaster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Galvatron X wrote:Yeah, it's annoying...

It was going off the other night on me and I couldn't figure out where the hell it was coming from! I had 4-5 tabs open, so I had to close them one-by-one, and then figure out where on the Seibs page it was coming from, then mute it.

Honestly, I haven't heard it since that day...

EDIT: I just looked at it and it says I'm "missing the plug-in VLC necessary to watch videos". Like I'm gonna download that, knowing what the result will be!


Actually, VLC's plugin won't harm you in any way. VLC is an open source, and I should mention...free, media player that rivals Windows Media Player. Actually, there are certain Blu-Ray formats it can decode and play without the extra expensive cost of a decoder (either hardware or software based). It's a pretty neat little program. I've used it in the past and it can be tweaked quite a bit.

Still, the ad must be a total pain in the butt if several people are having the same complaint. This is why I use Adblock. However, there's a downside to that as well, because it can block applets, flash, etc and there are pieces of websites I had never seen until using Chrome or IE.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8463
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby robofreak » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Autobot032: I think he was referring to the fact that downloading it will bring back the annoying ad. Not that it would harm his computer.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Site Moderator
Posts: 3143
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: The annoying ad on the bottom right...

Postby Galvatron X » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
robofreak wrote:Autobot032: I think he was referring to the fact that downloading it will bring back the annoying ad. Not that it would harm his computer.


Yep, that's what I was getting at.


Thanks for the info though, A32! I hadn't heard of the VLC plug-in before.
Image
User avatar
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 908
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Brewer, Maine
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014