zenosaurus_x wrote:Sounds kinda cool, why not?
Though I'm not all that experienced in the Godzillaverse...I'm guessing Destoroyah would be on the list.
Nearly everyone he's fought is on the list!! Since there's at least one vote here, I'll start with the first five, and start counting down from there.
However, I do have a few ground rules before I begin:
-I’m separating monsters by continuities, so that’s why you’ll see four Mothra’s on this list, and so on and so forth. Speaking of which, I’m grouping Mothra larva and adult forms together, since Mothra’s kids finished the mother’s fight and are sometimes the same character.
-For anyone who’s wondering, Showa=60’s/ 70’s characters, and Heisei=90’s Godzilla characters.
-I’m not including ANY monsters from Godzilla: Final Wars. Before anyone cries fowl(Aflac!), let me clarify a few things:
a. The tone and style of Final Wars is so different from what’s come before that’s it’s hard to compare and contrast the monster’s strengths, mostly because the battles are so short.
b. Even if I were to rank these guys, most of them would wind up near the bottom and well below their original incarnations. Yes, even Gigan. His redesign is great, but Godzilla blew his head off in two shakes of a dog’s tail.
c. Truth be told, Keiser Ghidorah may have ended up somewhere in the middle, but since he’s not much different from the other King Ghidorah’s on the list, his presence won’t be missed.
-Monster rankings are based on their fights against Godzilla only. I don’t care how good they did against Anguirus or Godzilla Jr., if they can’t hold a candle to the Big G himself, then how powerful are they? Plus, it does make ranking them easier.
-Military vehicles like tanks, planes and maser cannons will not be on the list. Impressive as the JSDF is, most of the time their attacks were ineffective. Furthermore super vehicles like the Super-X trilogy aren’t on the list either. At the end of the day they never had a chance at beating Godzilla and were mostly stopgaps.
-A film’s quality does not affect a monster’s ranking. A good film may not feature a high ranking monster, and vice versa.
-Even though it should go without saying, I’m only counting battles/monsters that took place in the films. Comic, cartoon, and book battles/monsters will not be considered. Godzilla’s Zone fighter appearances are also moot, cause I’ve never seen them.
-Finally, let it be known that this list is based on my opinion, and is entirely biased. However, I gave every monster on this list a fair shake, and a few of them ended up higher than I thought they would. If you have an opinion that differs from my own, not only would I welcome it, I encourage it! Discussing monsters is always fun.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!
…um…er…onto the list!
GODZILLA’S DEADLIEST FOES
30. Giant Condor: If I had to choose one big lipped alligator moment from Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, I think the Giant Condor would be it. As we all know, this guy comes from nowhere and starts pecking and scratching at Godzilla. No explanation, and he’s never heard from again(except in Godzilla’s Revenge). Anyway, he gets points for tenacity, but since it’ll take longer to read this passage than it would to watch the fight, I think you know why he’s bottom of the barrel.
29. Kamacurus: Because they actually gave Godzilla some trouble and showed some hand eye coordination with rocks, they edge their way into the #29 spot. Barely. Godzilla handled these guys like rag dolls, and annihilated them with his atomic breath. Let’s also not forget their horrible aim when lunging.
28. Gabara: Ya know, I think I know why Gabs kept picking on Minya. It’s because he’s a wimp! He gets points for at least knowing some battle strategy, attack low and start biting, but he’s significantly weaker than Godzilla, and his electricity jazz hands were probably about as painful as a tickle. It should also be noted that the loser ran away. Still a live chicken is better than a dead turkey….
27. Baragon: The first of the guardian spirits from GMK, Baragon started the battle out right. He made a pit to trap Godzilla and bit onto Godzilla’s arm for dear life. Barry also never gave up, and kept attacking. However, even the humans knew Baragon was outmatched, and it wasn’t long before Godzilla fried him.
26. Mothra(Heisei): Flying in from 1992’s ‘Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle For Earth”, we have our first Mothra entry. All in all, not that bad. In her larva form she showed some intelligence by using cover and attacking at the right time. But she was way outmatched, no question, and ran as soon as she could. After a short metamorphosis, her abilities definitely increased. Laser antennae and dust that can neutralize Godzilla’s breath, how can anyone go wrong? Well, it’s mostly because this incarnation was more of a support player, and didn’t seem all that aggressive, instead relying on teamwork to defeat Godzilla.
Well there's a taste of the list. Woud you like the rest all in one go, or daily doses? Since I really don't want to be drag it out, it'd be five a day.