Shockwave7 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting kind of sick of the TF Prime writers' slobbering love affair with Airachnid. It was fine for the first couple of appearances, but having her able to destroy Knockout and nearly destroy Megatron? That's just getting ridiculous. Only with the writers' help could she possibly be this uber - for example:
1) She seems able to effortlessly dodge vast barrages of laser fire. It's like watching the old GI Joe cartoon when the Joes were being shot at with innumberable blasters, and NONE of them ever hit anything. It isn't any more believable with Airachnid than it was for them. Autobot or Decepticon, no one seems able to lay a finger on her. These are supposed to be elite troopers and crack shots and we're supposed to believe none of them know how to shoot, but only if it's her? Feh!
2) 'Oh gee, she went underground - we'll never catch her now!' Really, TF writers. Really. She's pulled the 'my spindly limbs can bore through solid rock' gag what - a dozen times now? And NONE of the other tformers have anticipated it? Every time she gets in anything even vaguely resembling a pinch, it's a couple seconds drilling and everyone else just stands around with their mouths open. 'Daaah! She go underground! We not see nothing like THAT before!' As many times as she's pulled that trick, Arcee should be totally on the spot, throwing grenades in the hole or filling the hole with lasers. (I'll set aside the fact that it's unrealistic for Airachnid to be able to drill so fast that she can be out of gun range in less than a second)
3) Webbing. So now her webbing can block Megatron's FUSION CANNON? Looks like the writers can also use it to jump sharks. And one STRAND of her webbing is impossible for Breakdown to snap? And holding ONE of his arms renders him totally helpless to stop Airachnid from dismembering him? The writers have been using the webbing as a dues ex machina for too long now. Arcee was able to break out when she was covered with it, but Dreadwing can't? A blast from Megatron's fusion cannon can blow through a giant Unicron drone's head, but it can't blast through a thin sheet of webbing?
So far the only attempt by the writers to humble Airachnid was the drubbing she got from Soundwave. So does that mean Soundwave is the most powerful of all the Transformers? Because no one else seems to be able to fight her, at least not the way the writers have been writing her lately.
And now they just let her stumble into a hive filled with gazillions of Insecticons. And of course, the writers will have her effortlessly take over the whole hive and they'll just roll over and make her their queen. They'll probably also fill them with dark energon, making them totally indestructible, and overrun the whole planet.
Yeesh. Why didn't the writers just make HER megatron and get it over with?
I don't even know where to begin here so ill do it by bullet point.
1. She is a elite warrior as well why would it surprise you she is a fearsome opponent, plus breakdown went on his own like an idiot.
2. If it works it works. why should she not use a technique that apparently effective. although I agree about the not shooting at the outset of her using it.
3. Try firing a gun with a blocked barrel, please really try it.
As for not making her megs....well she isn't megs so um..