- Motto: "I am an intellectual... not a jock."
- Weapon: Saber Blade
Finally got a chance to watch this morning's episode side-by-side with the uncut DVD version, allowing me to catch each and every little edit made to it. As such, here are all the edits Vortexx made to episode 6.
1. The bit of Skyquake saying "Megatron ordered me to annihilate you," to Optimus was cut.
2. Starscream's line of "When Skyquake snuff's Prime's spark, I... must bear witness," had it's first bit cut out, leaving in only the "I... must bear witness," part.
3. When Optimus slow-mo punches Skquake in the face right after saying, "Skyquake, Stay down," the exact second of his punch impacting Skyquake's face was cut and a white flash was inserted when the impact sound effect played.
4. Right after Starscream pulls out Megatron's Dark Energon shard and Megatron goes slack after struggling for a second, Starscream kicks Megatron's lifeless body and it falls downward just a bit before we switch to a close up of Screamer. The moment of the kick and beginning of the subsequent downward movement of Megatron's body was cut, all for the removal of Starscream's line of, "And this time... stay dead!"
5. The new commercial break played during the latter half of the Skyquake battle, going out from the point where Skyquake flies upward over the valley in an arc with Bumblebee riding on his jet mode's back, and coming back in right after when we see a shot of Optimus from behind that pans upward from his left arm as he says, "Agent Fowler, we require immediate assistance!"
6. The scene of Optimus saying to Bumblebee, "Had Skyquake chosen to stray from his master's path, we might not be burying him today," was cut.
And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.
Last edited by Sabrblade
on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'