Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus2006 wrote:You never could tell Shadowman there could be other deposits of Red Energon still hidden on Earth.


And there's no reason to assume Megatron doesn't know what it does.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I still think Predakings colors is exactly like Scourge in Cybertron he was also Orange & Black also 3 Heads but this was just cause of the Cyberplanet Key.


The original Predacons were all orange and black.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Shockwave I think would be cool if he was a mix of DOTM with some classic G1 details molded into a Prime version of him.


We've already seen him in Prime and yeah, that's what he looks like.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28820
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rodimus2006 wrote:Shockwave I think would be cool if he was a mix of DOTM with some classic G1 details molded into a Prime version of him.
While his Alt.Mode would be a Cybertronian Tank.


Prime Shockwave hasn't transformed yet.

Have you not seen what Shockwave looks like? I thought you were all caught up.

Image

Image

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Again, sorry I'm a few days late, but here are the Vortexx edits to Episode 5 -

The short bit of Miko saying, "Yeah! If we let the Cons win, we're fragged; along with everyone else on our planet," was cut.

In the uncut version, when Optimus says, "Not even he could have survived Ground Zero," referring to Megatron's fate at the Space Bridge, Agent Fowler's voice says, "Prime!" and Optimus turns his head to look towards Fowler. The scene then switches to Fowler finishing putting on his coat and thanking the 'Bots as he leaves. In the edited version, Optimus's line is cut off at "Not even he could have survived--" with Fowler's "Prime!" being inserted over the "Ground Zero" part. Since this line of Fowler's was spoken early, they cut out the short bit of Optimus turning his head.




EDIT (March 2, 2013): Here's a revision of the above comparison based on a re-watch of the episodes side-by-side with the uncut versions.

Episode 5 -

1. The short bit of Miko saying, "Yeah! If we let the Cons win, we're fragged; along with everyone else on our planet," was cut.

2. The new commercial break played right after Arcee was shot by Megatron and began to drift away into space, before the scene changed to a shot of another part of the space bridge tearing itself apart as Optimus makes a run for it.

3. In the uncut version, after Optimus says, "Not even he could have survived Ground Zero," (referring to Megatron's fate at the Space Bridge), Agent Fowler's voice is heard saying, "Prime!" and Optimus turns his head to look towards Fowler. The scene then switches to Fowler finishing putting on his coat and thanking the 'Bots as he leaves. In the edited version, Optimus's line is cut off at "Not even he could have survived--" with Fowler's "Prime!" being inserted over the part where "Ground Zero" was originally spoken. Since this line of Fowler's was spoken early, they cut out the short bit of Optimus turning his head.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16588
News Credits: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rage of the Dinobots - Issue #1

I already did a review on this before, but I've finally received it in hand and have read it for myself.

So, we're getting some epic Prime Dinobot action here. I've examined the Blast Off look-alike further; that's definitely him. Blast Off's either dead or crippled like hell, 'cause that was some damage he took.

Again, Sludge's back online. I know how he's alive, because Jazz took his memory component. It's reasonable that the Autobots (or Dinobots) built him a new body. I'd like to see them go into depth on this in issue 3 or 4, because I'm still baffled by how they did this and why he's got a dino mode.

Slug has, so far, been one of the least important Dinobots in this comic series. I hope gets some more panel time before his possible re-forging. ;)

Snarl's the Dinobot Ratchet IMHO. Seems grumpy, not to mention the title of "medic."

I want a toy of Backbite now. :BANG_HEAD:

And Ultra Magnus looks nothing like his Voyager figure from PRiD. In fact, in this image from the 2nd issue (which I have yet to receive), it looks like he's an Optimus Prime "retool." Same shoulders, same arms, same legs, just a different torso & head (along with altered back kibble).

Image

I wonder if he'll look like this on the show, if he's on the show.
It'll save Hasbro money.

My biggest problem so far is that in many of the panels, the Dinobots have big heads. Even in the photo above they have big heads. :BANG_HEAD:

Now I'm really excited to get issue #2. :KREMZEEK:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
PrymeStriker wrote: Again, Sludge's back online. I know how he's alive, because Jazz took his memory component. It's reasonable that the Autobots (or Dinobots) built him a new body. I'd like to see them go into depth on this in issue 3 or 4, because I'm still baffled by how they did this and why he's got a dino mode.


So Jazz took his memory component. But not his spark or laser core? Seems like all the memory component would be good for is providing information, as it did in Fall of Cybertron. That's just Sludge's memories, not his personality (which, if I remember correctly, also has a separate component) and not his life essence. Even if a new body was built for him, his old one should've been damaged sufficiently by the acid that his spark left the frame. Until that is reconciled, I'm guessing there will be no official explanation, and we'll just be expected to go with it.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Henry921 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote: Again, Sludge's back online. I know how he's alive, because Jazz took his memory component. It's reasonable that the Autobots (or Dinobots) built him a new body. I'd like to see them go into depth on this in issue 3 or 4, because I'm still baffled by how they did this and why he's got a dino mode.


So Jazz took his memory component. But not his spark or laser core? Seems like all the memory component would be good for is providing information, as it did in Fall of Cybertron. That's just Sludge's memories, not his personality (which, if I remember correctly, also has a separate component) and not his life essence. Even if a new body was built for him, his old one should've been damaged sufficiently by the acid that his spark left the frame. Until that is reconciled, I'm guessing there will be no official explanation, and we'll just be expected to go with it.


In every other series, the Spark is both the memory and personality, so yeah, it's weird that he would take that and his Spark, which can be safely planted into a new body.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28820
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rage of the Dinobots - Issue #2

Again, I already did a review on this, but I've received it in hand and have read it for myself.

Yet again, Slug is so unimportant. I had hoped all of the other Dinobots would get their spotlight. Oh well.

Swoop's the same except for an eyepatch. I hope he gets a new dragon mode sometime down the road. :KREMZEEK:

Ser-Ket is badass. Either she's calling the Dinobots her "brothers" because she awaits their reforging, or there's some historical story arc behind it. My money's on the former.

And in the next issue, Grimlock must choose to beat them or join them when the tables are turned thanks to the members of The Forged! I'm praying this means that the other three Dinobots get re-forged, leaving Grimlock to make a choice. And in the end, Grimlock & Ultra Magnus escape to find Team Prime.

;)

Now, I shall await issue #3's release. :twisted:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
PrymeStriker: would you recommend the series then?
Not just for filling in the plot, actual storytelling and artwork.
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6470
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
The storytelling is pretty good so far. Swoop becoming one of the Forged took me by complete surprise (and then I started piecing it all together ;) ).

The artwork? There are some times, mostly in issue #2, where the heads are a little too big for me, and I prefer Swoop's design on the first issue's cover over what we actually got, but my complaints there are minor nitpicks. They don't retract from the overall feel of the comic.

I'm rating the series a 3.7/5 so far. It'll be a solid 4 if we get a little more focus on Slug & Sludge. Otherwise, the comic is exactly what it preaches to be; a filler for FoC and the third season of Prime.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Hm. I might consider a TPB, if it ever comes out.
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6470
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Va'al wrote:Hm. I might consider a TPB, if it ever comes out.


Yeah, that's how I get all the IDW comics now. The last comic I bought in store was the Regeneration One reprint of Marvel issues 76-80, since I didn't own those. And since this is meant to bridge the gap between Prime and FOC, I'll give it a read once the story's done. Probably more of a 'read in the bookstore' than 'preorder from Amazon' books though.

Grimlock and UM to join the cast of Prime sounds good, and provides a good leadership struggle while Optimus is incapacitated. Does this mean yet another new voyager scale toy for Grimlock? :ic$:
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Question: do I need to have played Fall of Cybertron to understand or appreciate this comic series? I've played WFC but FOC's still a bit too expensive for my preferences. Is there anything that would really require having played the game (or read a summary), or is it a decent standalone enriched by game knowledge?
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1026
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby starscreamprime1010 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 am

Motto: ""You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves..""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That Bot wrote:Question: do I need to have played Fall of Cybertron to understand or appreciate this comic series? I've played WFC but FOC's still a bit too expensive for my preferences. Is there anything that would really require having played the game (or read a summary), or is it a decent standalone enriched by game knowledge?


I've never played the game and I've been able to read it just fine. I would just recommend you know the Dinobot backstory from the game. If you don't already know it, just search it up on tfwiki or something (unless seibertron.com has a section like that that I don't know about?)


Anyways, I know this is a bit off topic, but I've been re-watching season 2 (I like it a lot better the second time) and I noticed something. In "Alpha; Omega", Alpha Trion says he is about to send of the last, most important relic, which I assumed to be the Star Saber. However, in "Inside Job", the Autobots say that Alpha Trion didn't have enough time to send out the last Omega Key, so he stuck it in Smokescreen. In "Alpha; Omega", could Alpha Trion have been refering to Smokescreen and not the Star Saber? A little topic, I know, but it's nagging me.
"Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate."
starscreamprime1010
Minibot
Posts: 120
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
starscreamprime1010 wrote:In "Alpha; Omega", Alpha Trion says he is about to send of the last, most important relic, which I assumed to be the Star Saber. However, in "Inside Job", the Autobots say that Alpha Trion didn't have enough time to send out the last Omega Key, so he stuck it in Smokescreen. In "Alpha; Omega", could Alpha Trion have been refering to Smokescreen and not the Star Saber? A little topic, I know, but it's nagging me.



Actually, he said that he was sending out the "last of the relics." Then, when Optimus breaks from the conversation, he says that it's paramount to recover the Omega Keys. This indicates Alpha Trion was referring to all four of the keys.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Finally got a chance to watch this morning's episode side-by-side with the uncut DVD version, allowing me to catch each and every little edit made to it. As such, here are all the edits Vortexx made to episode 6.

1. The bit of Skyquake saying "Megatron ordered me to annihilate you," to Optimus was cut.

2. Starscream's line of "When Skyquake snuff's Prime's spark, I... must bear witness," had it's first bit cut out, leaving in only the "I... must bear witness," part.

3. When Optimus slow-mo punches Skquake in the face right after saying, "Skyquake, Stay down," the exact second of his punch impacting Skyquake's face was cut and a white flash was inserted when the impact sound effect played.

4. Right after Starscream pulls out Megatron's Dark Energon shard and Megatron goes slack after struggling for a second, Starscream kicks Megatron's lifeless body and it falls downward just a bit before we switch to a close up of Screamer. The moment of the kick and beginning of the subsequent downward movement of Megatron's body was cut, all for the removal of Starscream's line of, "And this time... stay dead!"

5. The new commercial break played during the latter half of the Skyquake battle, going out from the point where Skyquake flies upward over the valley in an arc with Bumblebee riding on his jet mode's back, and coming back in right after when we see a shot of Optimus from behind that pans upward from his left arm as he says, "Agent Fowler, we require immediate assistance!"

6. The scene of Optimus saying to Bumblebee, "Had Skyquake chosen to stray from his master's path, we might not be burying him today," was cut.


And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16588
News Credits: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.

Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1026
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.

Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P
It's useful info and I want it to be correct for any documentation purposes. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16588
News Credits: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.

Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P
It's useful info and I want it to be correct for any documentation purposes. :-B


Just look at the man's signature. Clearly the "human encyclopedia" does his homework.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.

Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P


That's not true, I'm grading him on it. There's going to be a quiz and everything. And if he doesn't pass we're going to hold him back and have him repeat the season.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28820
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:04 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Shadowman wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And now that I can compare the episodes more thoroughly now, I may need to go back a revise my comparisons of the "Darkness Rising" episodes. But since I just watched them so recently (and I really don't like those episodes anyway), not to mention I'm missing a recording of Part 2, I may hold off on those until later on.

Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P


That's not true, I'm grading him on it. There's going to be a quiz and everything. And if he doesn't pass we're going to hold him back and have him repeat the season.

That qualifies cruel and unusual punishment in nine states. I like it.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1026
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Shadowman wrote:
That Bot wrote:Or you could just not worry about redoing them? Nobody's grading you on this. :P


That's not true, I'm grading him on it. There's going to be a quiz and everything. And if he doesn't pass we're going to hold him back and have him repeat the season.


I knew that you were going to be the one to say this. Image
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6470
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby bruticus1978 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Motto: "The mind is the greatest weapon."
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I just read something that the 3rd season of Prime will be the end. Is this true? :sad:
User avatar
bruticus1978
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm
Location: WA
Buy from bruticus1978 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
bruticus1978 wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed, but I just read something that the 3rd season of Prime will be the end. Is this true? :sad:
Yes and no. It's being made to be like a "final season" since 65 episodes was their original goal, but a fourth season has been spoken of by Jeffery Combs, so even if season 3 is meant to be a finite conclusion, the story can and probably will continue.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16588
News Credits: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
bruticus1978 wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed, but I just read something that the 3rd season of Prime will be the end. Is this true? :sad:


Jeffrey Combs said season three was the end. Not long after, he said there was a fourth season. Then, Peruvian Hasbro said that Transformers Prime lasts as far as 2015.

I think there will be four to five seasons, and Jeffrey Combs is leaving the show after the third season (maybe the death of Ratchet). In the same breath, they'll probably end season three in such a way that it could act as a series finale, but they have freedom to do more.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5391
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby bruticus1978 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Motto: "The mind is the greatest weapon."
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
Cool! Thanks for the info!!
User avatar
bruticus1978
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm
Location: WA
Buy from bruticus1978 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014