Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm sure it had nothing to do with G1 Smokescreen/Bluestreak/Prowl having their own forehead crest, but stylistically elongated to make Prime smokescreen more unique.[/scm]
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Another cool episode, that resonance blaster cracking BB's chest was intense, too bad it did virtually nothing. I also liked that the Decepticons were finding the base, it's about time. The slo-mo battle with Dreadwing and Bulkhead was sweet, and Smokescreen being the key was awesome. Can't wait to see what happens later.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
YRQRM0 wrote:The slo-mo battle with Dreadwing and Bulkhead was sweet


Sweet is an understatement. It was incredible! Intense!

That's saying a lot for me, as I don't really like a lot of Bulkhead vs. Con battles
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
HARD KNOCKS

So, the plot is intriguing, but mixing up the alleged aligned continuity rewrite of Gen 1 is an epic fail with these versions of Soundwave, Smokescreen, Starscream and company running around. I totally don't like these writers in the bigger picture they are in.

Bulkhead: This new, frosty, spiky, aware version of post traumatic Bulkhead has shot straight up to being my personal fave character. Even took a verbal shot at Miko. Good on him.

Arcee: Gave Smokescreen the Thundercats/Voltron/He-Man/Scooby talk. She and Bumblebee are back in business and it's no longer the Wheeljack show or the Smokescreen show. Good.

Smokescreen: This poor G1 Autobot gem has the name that will be targeted by anybody writing their own TF show. In their attempt to make it NOT look like G1 these writers have married Hot Shot to BW Dinobot. Sucks. Go get your own Transformers to wreck. Where is Q?

Knock out: More than a Gaylord in a Spaceship: he can actually fight and will even take time to playtest the resonance blaster whilst toying with his prey. Like.

Starscream: Meh. I still love you even tho you're a gimp to the plot. Hope you hyper-tackle some Deceps before your next embarrassment. I'd love to see you win to wield all 4 keys. Liking the fact that Optimus and Megz both assume the other has an additional key.

Dreadwing: What, no absolutely pointless flourishing of your sword just before you say anything? Pfff. Character development, my butt. G1 Thundercracker and Skywarps Techspecs, having cost a few minutes of pay to type up, have done more for TFs than the $$$ that the cost of your computer developed model ever will (writers- :lol: ). Good fight, tho.

Megz: Now I understand why they didn't care about wrecking that shield-relic. His graverobbed arm looks like one, but isn't one, so giving Optimus a shield (when he had a sword) would have been off. Oh well.

A few weeks ago when ppl started noticing the kids were being written into the background I figured there would be an end-season invasion of the A/bot base. The Deceps got pretty close to it with Laserbeak but they have what they wanted (Smokescreen) so I don't think there will be such an invasion. Still, the mathematical possibility that not even one scraplet got left behind...*shrug*.
"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
G1 Smoketreader wrote:HARD KNOCKS

So, the plot is intriguing, but mixing up the alleged aligned continuity rewrite of Gen 1
Hang on. Where do you get that this is supposed to be a rewrite of G1?

G1 Smoketreader wrote:Smokescreen: This poor G1 Autobot gem has the name that will be targeted by anybody writing their own TF show. In their attempt to make it NOT look like G1 these writers have married Hot Shot to BW Dinobot. Sucks. Go get your own Transformers to wreck. Where is Q?
Dinobot? Really? Dude, what on Earth are you talking about?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, did anyone notice the improvement in Animation? Everyone's moving around a lot more fluidly now, not so much like robots (ironically). I like it, it makes them seem more autonomous and alive.

Also, I thought it was funny when Knock Out said "Who knew Soundwaves could be such a knock-out". Always funny when Transformers make fun of Tranfomers names (see: they don't call him starscream for nothin).
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sabrblade wrote:
G1 Smoketreader wrote:HARD KNOCKS

So, the plot is intriguing, but mixing up the alleged aligned continuity rewrite of Gen 1
Hang on. Where do you get that this is supposed to be a rewrite of G1?

G1 Smoketreader wrote:Smokescreen: This poor G1 Autobot gem has the name that will be targeted by anybody writing their own TF show. In their attempt to make it NOT look like G1 these writers have married Hot Shot to BW Dinobot. Sucks. Go get your own Transformers to wreck. Where is Q?
Dinobot? Really? Dude, what on Earth are you talking about?


Are you kidding me, now?

They announced years ago that there will be 'a single continuity which will be used to stake out all [mixed-up versions] of the TF story into one [timestream] that all continuities will be using "for a while, at least for the foreseeable future". The announcement for WFC was in the same week.

Isn't the Cybertron story (the games) the official rewrite of G1? Isn't TFP the continuation? Allegedly on official grounds?

:You know how the Superman (or any other) origin gets rewritten every once in a while, so that Smallville is a decade more modern and the Kents are a decade trendier? It's a Gen 1 rewrite like that, in part as well, but a lesser part in this rewrite (because there will be more in the future).

: when they announced a couple of years ago that they'll rewrite a new official timeline for TFs and have to put G1 in it somewhere? It's extra- official in that sense, because the old place of G1 gets superceded.

: When they officially put a group called 'Generation one' into any OFFICIAL timeline it's a rewrite that is set in stone. Generation one is now officially the first group of free Autobots who are associated with the Ark.

Yes, Dinobot. "I am Smokescreen. I am a Warrior! I am THE Hot Shot. It is my honor to be glorious. And yet I am robbed of my glory, for I must first learn to be an Autobot,since it an honor to be one. Then I must learn that I am the key to the outcome of a single battle, glorious, tho my glory is stripped from me and I am imprisoned within a predecided destiny. The choice which was made for me-to be the key-is the hardest reality but the easiest truth etc.etc. I mean come on I shouldn't have to point all this out.
"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The Aligned Continuity is not a rewrite of G1. It's a new continuity which all new TF media for the near future will take place in. It takes elements of various previous continuities, but it isn't a "rewrite" of any single one. G1 still exists in a separate part of the TF multiverse

I'm not seeing the Dinobot parallels, at all. Smokescreen is much more in line with a Hot Shot/Hot Rod parallel.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1023
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 am

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Yeah, if Dinobot is being compared to anyone, I see him being much closer to Dreadwing than Smokescreen.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Yeah, if you want to compare any Beast Wars character to Smokescreen, it's probably Cheetor.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 am

Shadowman wrote:Yeah, if you want to compare any Beast Wars character to Smokescreen, it's probably Cheetor.


You sure ya don't mean waspinator ;)
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
What they said.

This is no remake of G1. At all. There are some G1 elements, homages, and inspirations, but G1 itself isn't a part of this.

And just because a character uses the word "honor" doesn't make them a Dinobot expy. Dinobot's viewpoint of "honor" was of a code of ethics he lived by like a samurai lives by Bushido. He spoke like a Shakespearean character with such eloquence and deep thought.

Smokescreen, however, is another kid-appeal youngster like Cheetor, who speaks like a major fanboy wanting to prove himself. His viewpoint of "honor" is that he's the lucky one who gets to work under his all-time hero.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:17 am

Sabrblade wrote:What they said.

This is no remake of G1. At all. There are some G1 elements, homages, and inspirations, but G1 itself isn't a part of this.

And just because a character uses the word "honor" doesn't make them a Dinobot expy. Dinobot's viewpoint of "honor" was of a code of ethics he lived by like a samurai lives by Bushido. He spoke like a Shakespearean character with such eloquence and deep thought.

Smokescreen, however, is another kid-appeal youngster like Cheetor, who speaks like a major fanboy wanting to prove himself. his viewpoint of "honor" is that he's the lucky one who gets to WOK under his all-time hero.



Bingo, who wouldn't want to learn to cook from Optimus Prime :grin:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Anyone else notice Knock Out's wheels are starting to sit further back on his....back? I guess accommodate the toy? Doesn't make the toy look incredibly accurate, but still, here's an "evolution" of where his wheels sit:

Image

Image

Image

Image

I mean, they aren't disappearing, but they aren't as high up as the first and second pics.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:16 am

PrymeStriker wrote:Anyone else notice Knock Out's wheels are starting to sit further back on his....back? I guess accommodate the toy? Doesn't make the toy look incredibly accurate, but still, here's an "evolution" of where his wheels sit:

Image

Image

Image

Image

I mean, they aren't disappearing, but they aren't as high up as the first and second pics.



Makes ya wonder how much control they have over thier own transformations.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
njb902 wrote:Makes ya wonder how much control they have over thier own transformations.


These slight but noticeable character model changes had to be because of the toys. If you think about it, around this time during the animation, writing, and recording process of Season 2 was when the toys were being released. They probably saw the toys and were like; "Damn, those look terrible. Let's help these toys out a little."

It's probably why PRiD Optimus' sword resembles/is the Star Saber, or how Soundwave's deployer is named Laserbeak in the show only months after the toy. Perhaps why we didn't get a Breakdown toy (because they killed him off for Hasbro), or why Smokescreen's torso and leg model looks more like Knock Out's toy than he does! These among other toys in the line. :-?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 am

PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:Makes ya wonder how much control they have over thier own transformations.


These slight but noticeable character model changes had to be because of the toys. If you think about it, around this time during the animation, writing, and recording process of Season 2 was when the toys were being released. They probably saw the toys and were like; "Damn, those look terrible. Let's help these toys out a little."

It's probably why PRiD Optimus' sword resembles/is the Star Saber, or how Soundwave's deployer is named Laserbeak in the show only months after the toy. Perhaps why we didn't get a Breakdown toy (because they killed him off for Hasbro), or why Smokescreen's torso and leg model looks more like Knock Out's toy than he does! These among other toys in the line. :-?



Oh I don't doubt that you're right. It just kinda got me to wondering.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
At least in War for Cybertron, (Haven't played FOC yet) they have a tendency to constantly shift around certain parts. Optimus' wheels did the exact same thing as what you're saying Knockout is doing now. So at least there's an in-universe explanation. But yeah, it's probably the toy's fault.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Dude, Warn me before you blow my mind!

Now if only someone would suckerpunch knockout's chest and make it accurate...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
And the UK Comic Knock Out's wheels go back even further!

Image

:lol:

How did I not notice Knock Out had little white elf-ears and a goatee?

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
A similar thing happened to Animated Arcee, whose character model was adjusted between her appearances in seasons 1 and 3 to make her model a bit more toy accurate.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Well, guys. Looks like Beast Hunters is coming after all. Who else is as excited as I am? I know Sabrblade is. :twisted:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Could be Predaking (as TFormers claims), could be Scourge (as many speculate), could be anyone.

Though, one thing's for sure, that's not the Star Seekers symbol. :???:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:Could be Predaking (as TFormers claims), could be Scourge (as many speculate), could be anyone.

Though, one thing's for sure, that's not the Star Seekers symbol. :???:


Well, maybe we'll get a team of Predacons, Dinobots, and Star Seekers? :-?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Predaking Confirmed!

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=89765&view=findpost&p=2160470
Monzo wrote:
Thylacine2000 wrote:Predaking. They will not confirm his pricepoint but it is above Voyager (no kidding, he's a very big boy). Cryptic hints that could imply multiple pricepoint versions (makes sense, everyone else got that).
Just an FYI, but Thylacine is attending the NYCC event on behalf of TFWiki.net, and got us that promo video! So he is not making things up or having pants that are on fire.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=89765&view=findpost&p=2160488
Thylacine2000 wrote:His faction = Predacons. There will be many more Predacon toys than Star Seekers. The latter group was invented in the books and there is "no strong driving force" to really explore them in toyline. Predawn faction will be a big deal with big merch push. Predaking himself pretty much confirmed at multiple sizes / pricepoints.


Promo video:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16362
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014