Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
lol
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Yeah I'm sorry but I don't see any comparisons with Dinobot and Smokescreen even being close. If those guys are going to be compared to anyone it should be Smokescreen is similar to Cheetor and Dinobot is similar to Dreadwing.

And where is the G1/Prime existing together coming from?! Those are 2 entirely seperate eras and (other than some "fan wank" nods) do not exist together. Hasbro has stated over and over again that the Aligned Continuity is NOT a rework of G1 and has nothing to do with it. Prime is the cartoon version of the Aligned universe, and therefore any and all similarities are coincidence or fan nods, not because it's relating to G1. I'm actually still a little surprised this debate exists from time to time, considering how many time Hasbro has said Prime is NOT related to G1.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't even know what a "rewrite of G1" is supposed to mean. I'm pretty sure we all think the same thing about Prime having G1 homages and stuff, we just have different definitions for "rewrite" or "continuity".

Anyways, this was an awesome episode. I love when Starscream actually has power, reminds me a lot of the Unicron trilogy. The slomo sequence was also awesome.

I was dying for Smokescreen to fall into Unicron, and just be like "what?", but that's fine. I loved Megatron leaving Knock Out in the wall, and the use of the chordical psychic patch. This season has yet to disappoint, I hope the cliffhanger doesn't kill me.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hey G1 Smoketreader, if you say G1 is in this timeline, which "G1" are you referring to? As, there's at least four different ones out there. ;)

For the record, this new timeline is NOT a means to combine every existing piece of Transformers fiction from 1984-today into one timeline, as some confusingly think it is.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
G1 Smoketreader wrote:The rewrite of G1 is INSIDE Prime, not PRIME inside of a rewrite of G1.I believe you're reading me wrong.
From the second there is a group named Generation one INSIDE one single, official ongoing continuity, that is an official rewrite of the particular group called Generation one.


What does that even mean? That makes absolutely no sense, at all. Hasbro said Aligned is a new continuity, not a rewrite of G1...or a new series, and the rewrite of G1 is inside the series...or the series--What are you talking about?!

G1 Smoketreader wrote:Don't ask for 3 reasons- there is only one: This (the married continuity family timeline) is the official moving forward of everything put in it.


I'm starting to think you're just ignoring us so you can pretend your fan continuity is actually official. Hasbro never once said G1 was related to Aligned, at all. You're just assuming things that have been conclusively proven wrong, you just don't want to listen.

Sabrblade wrote:For the record, this new timeline is NOT a means to combine every existing piece of Transformers fiction from 1984-today into one timeline, as some confusingly think it is.


Trying to combine G1 with the Unicron Trilogy with Animated with the Movies with Aligned just makes my head hurt.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28936
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
G1 Smoketreader wrote:The rewrite of G1 is INSIDE Prime, not PRIME inside of a rewrite of G1.I believe you're reading me wrong.
From the second there is a group named Generation one INSIDE one single, official ongoing continuity, that is an official rewrite of the particular group called Generation one.


What does that even mean? That makes absolutely no sense, at all. Hasbro said Aligned is a new continuity, not a rewrite of G1...or a new series, and the rewrite of G1 is inside the series...or the series--What are you talking about?!
I can only guess that he thinks of "Prime" as the whole continuity (which he refers to as a "series") instead of just the cartoon. And that becuase WFC/FOC are part of that continuity, he might be thinking G1 is too due to the misnomer of those games being G1 prequels.

Shadowman wrote:
G1 Smoketreader wrote:Don't ask for 3 reasons- there is only one: This (the married continuity family timeline) is the official moving forward of everything put in it.


I'm starting to think you're just ignoring us so you can pretend your fan continuity is actually official. Hasbro never once said G1 was related to Aligned, at all. You're just assuming things that have been conclusively proven wrong, you just don't want to listen.
My guess about this is that he might think that this new timeline is a means tocombine all previous series into one, which is why I said what you quoted below. ;)

Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:For the record, this new timeline is NOT a means to combine every existing piece of Transformers fiction from 1984-today into one timeline, as some confusingly think it is.


Trying to combine G1 with the Unicron Trilogy with Animated with the Movies with Aligned just makes my head hurt.
Short answer: Don't. :lol:

I know someone who is convinced that everything (or at least, everything that matters to him) is part of one single timeline and has been so since 1984. He means well, but there's ill sense convincing him otherwise.

...Unless Hasbro ever makes a mainstream cartoon that outright acknowledges the multiverse to a similar extent to the Fun Pub comics. Example: An episode of Prime in which the Autobots explicitly gaze into windows of other worlds and dimensions that all contain imagery from previous cartoons and movies. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Sabrblade wrote:...Unless Hasbro ever makes a mainstream cartoon that outright acknowledges the multiverse to a similar extent to the Fun Pub comics. Example: An episode of Prime in which the Autobots explicitly gaze into windows of other worlds and dimensions that all contain imagery from previous cartoons and movies. ;)

haha ... Now my head is starting to hurt! That would be as bad as trying have all of the Marvel Universe (not the old school TF series but the Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman, etc) make sense. Beast Wars did good with working with G1, but I can only imagine the nightmare that would take place trying to tie in everything over the last 30 years together. 8-}
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Why can't we all just agree that Hasbro wanted to start fresh, and in writing the story of the Transformers, they drew from elements of previously-existing continuities, so that it would be familiar and resonate but at the same time new and different?
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bubbah wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Unless Hasbro ever makes a mainstream cartoon that outright acknowledges the multiverse to a similar extent to the Fun Pub comics. Example: An episode of Prime in which the Autobots explicitly gaze into windows of other worlds and dimensions that all contain imagery from previous cartoons and movies. ;)

haha ... Now my head is starting to hurt! That would be as bad as trying have all of the Marvel Universe (not the old school TF series but the Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman, etc) make sense. Beast Wars did good with working with G1, but I can only imagine the nightmare that would take place trying to tie in everything over the last 30 years together. 8-}
Um, no. That is not what I said. Keywords being "OTHER worlds and DIMENSIONS".
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:- Not sure how he "landed." Phasing thru solid rock softens the landing,


My take ... Knockout demonstrating the Phase Shifter points out that it can detect "floor". So no doubt once he started phasing through rock it detected a "floor" and he was able to stop.

I'm going to blame the speed of his descent for him not stopping above ground.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38632
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Burn wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:- Not sure how he "landed." Phasing thru solid rock softens the landing,


My take ... Knockout demonstrating the Phase Shifter points out that it can detect "floor". So no doubt once he started phasing through rock it detected a "floor" and he was able to stop.

I'm going to blame the speed of his descent for him not stopping above ground.

Through rock or no, wouldn't said speed make him a pancake anyway?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm

BeastProwl wrote:
Burn wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:- Not sure how he "landed." Phasing thru solid rock softens the landing,


My take ... Knockout demonstrating the Phase Shifter points out that it can detect "floor". So no doubt once he started phasing through rock it detected a "floor" and he was able to stop.

I'm going to blame the speed of his descent for him not stopping above ground.

Through rock or no, wouldn't said speed make him a pancake anyway?

He employed the Wile E Coyote factor.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38632
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Burn wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Burn wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:- Not sure how he "landed." Phasing thru solid rock softens the landing,


My take ... Knockout demonstrating the Phase Shifter points out that it can detect "floor". So no doubt once he started phasing through rock it detected a "floor" and he was able to stop.

I'm going to blame the speed of his descent for him not stopping above ground.

Through rock or no, wouldn't said speed make him a pancake anyway?

He employed the Wile E Coyote factor.


The phase shifter is just that smart.

I really like how useful and cool they made the phase shifter in this episode, here's hoping we'll see more of it along with the Apex armor, Dark Saber, Tox-n, and whatever else there was that I've forgotten already..
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Sabrblade wrote:
Bubbah wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Unless Hasbro ever makes a mainstream cartoon that outright acknowledges the multiverse to a similar extent to the Fun Pub comics. Example: An episode of Prime in which the Autobots explicitly gaze into windows of other worlds and dimensions that all contain imagery from previous cartoons and movies. ;)

haha ... Now my head is starting to hurt! That would be as bad as trying have all of the Marvel Universe (not the old school TF series but the Avengers, Xmen, Spiderman, etc) make sense. Beast Wars did good with working with G1, but I can only imagine the nightmare that would take place trying to tie in everything over the last 30 years together. 8-}
Um, no. That is not what I said. Keywords being "OTHER worlds and DIMENSIONS".

Oh I know, but even with other dimensions, etc it can still get extremely confusing. So I really hope they don't ever go that route. I'm perfectly content on them keeping everything seperate :)
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Oy. Prime is not a rewrite of G1. Why? Hasbro said so. I don't need any bullcrap on how official that is, because Prime, and this whole Aligned continuity, is their child. This isn't a pissy case of FIRRIB. :BANG_HEAD:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:24 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
BeastProwl wrote:
Burn wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:- Not sure how he "landed." Phasing thru solid rock softens the landing,


My take ... Knockout demonstrating the Phase Shifter points out that it can detect "floor". So no doubt once he started phasing through rock it detected a "floor" and he was able to stop.

I'm going to blame the speed of his descent for him not stopping above ground.

Through rock or no, wouldn't said speed make him a pancake anyway?


Only if he wasn't wearing a wristband that allows him to pass through solid surfaces...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28936
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bubbah wrote:Oh I know, but even with other dimensions, etc it can still get extremely confusing. So I really hope they don't ever go that route. I'm perfectly content on them keeping everything seperate :)
but thta's exactly how everything IS separate: Other realities. If they weren't all separate, everything would be in one world, which is what we don't want.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Sabrblade wrote:
Bubbah wrote:Oh I know, but even with other dimensions, etc it can still get extremely confusing. So I really hope they don't ever go that route. I'm perfectly content on them keeping everything seperate :)
but thta's exactly how everything IS separate: Other realities. If they weren't all separate, everything would be in one world, which is what we don't want.

Right, which is fine. What I'm hoping never happens is them trying to join them together by having characters travel into the other realities and doing crossovers.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 237
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Infinite Crisis on Infinite Cybertrons.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6917
News Credits: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bubbah wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bubbah wrote:Oh I know, but even with other dimensions, etc it can still get extremely confusing. So I really hope they don't ever go that route. I'm perfectly content on them keeping everything seperate :)
but thta's exactly how everything IS separate: Other realities. If they weren't all separate, everything would be in one world, which is what we don't want.

Right, which is fine. What I'm hoping never happens is them trying to join them together by having characters travel into the other realities and doing crossovers.


Too late. G1 Cliffjumper ended up in the Shatter Glass universe, which is a big part of that story's plot. Unicron, as well as Primus, and all of the Original 13 are also known dimension hoppers, and unlike, say, Optimus Prime, they are always the same character no matter what series they've appeared in. In fact, that's Nexus Prime's entire shtick, he's a combiner, but his individual components are made up of characters from different universes.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28936
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bubbah wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bubbah wrote:Oh I know, but even with other dimensions, etc it can still get extremely confusing. So I really hope they don't ever go that route. I'm perfectly content on them keeping everything seperate :)
but thta's exactly how everything IS separate: Other realities. If they weren't all separate, everything would be in one world, which is what we don't want.

Right, which is fine. What I'm hoping never happens is them trying to join them together by having characters travel into the other realities and doing crossovers.
I never said or meant to imply that. All I said was them "looking" at other worlds and simply acknowledging their existence as such.

Besides, the comics have already done those kinds of dimension-hopping stories. Some are cool and some are not. I just think that a cartoon giving some kind of recognition to the multiverse (while not necessarily with anyone traversing the dimensions but simply looking at them) would be cool.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Once again, I'm a bit late due to a busy weekend.
*The Omega Key is literally inside Smokescreen. That's an interesting resolution, I was thinking he was actually built as the key. But uh....wouldn't that mess with his internal workings? If you stuck a ruler inside a person's abdomen, I'm assuming that would cause some health concerns? Am I overthinking this?
*Knock Out starts acting like he's going to dissect Smokescreen. BRUTAL. Then he chuckles and turns on the phase shifter, and pulls the key out. Still pretty gruesome-looking.
*Smokescreen grabs the Phase Shifter to phase his way out of the restraints, snatches it off Knock Out, grabs the key, and makes a chase. Fancy. Ultimately he grabs the other key and Knock Out gets stuck in the wall like Han Solo in frozen carbonite. Except conscious. So.....did the wall where his torso is just disappear? Because if it's still there, it should bisect him and you'd have a Knock Out in several pieces. Oh well, can't go QUITE that far with a kids' show.
*Meanwhile, Starscream sets his plan in motion. He uses the last of the red energon and his doppelganger to lure out the Autobots, sneak in their Groundbridge, and find and steal the Omega Keys. FANTASTIC and GORGEOUS animation in this segment. When he triggers the emergency sprinklers, and is running around in suspended water, WOW. Unfortunately his speed boost wears off just as he gets out. And here I'm thinking he should have killed Arcee and everybody inside FIRST instead of risking discovery like he did and missing his chance. But we like our Autobots better alive. Did anybody catch what Optimus was saying in super-slow motion there?
*Starscream offers the keys to Megatron. How did he get aboard? Did he replace his T-Cog on his own after all? Did he groundbridge aboard when it's been previously established that he has no idea where it is at a given time? I agree with the previous person about leverage. Prove you have the keys, but don't bring them with you or Megatron will just be tempted to kill you and take them for himself.

*Megatron throwing Vehicons: Poor Steve. That was a funny bit, though. And a brick joke when he landed.
*The idea of opening a groundbridge beneath Smokescreen is an interesting one. It would redirect his momentum to be parallel to the ground so he could ultimately roll to a stop or something. Given the limited space between the console and the bridge, I think he'd probably run into it and damage it, though. But that issue is averted when he's thrown off course and uses the phase shifter to magically phase through the ground. This suggests that the grounding is literally on one's feet, but then he should still get his feet stuck when the rest of him phases through.....SO MANY ISSUES. And assuming that wasn't an issue, why didn't he just fall through the Earth until he got to the very core of Unicron? If, somehow, being on a plateau was observable by the phase shifter, he should still have been smashed to pieces when he hit the actual "ground" level. Maybe solid objects act like liquid or something when you're phasing so he was able to decelerate safely? THERE ARE SO MANY PHYSICS QUESTIONS RAISED BY THIS OBJECT.

Yet I still love the show. How many episodes do we have left? 2?
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1041
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
That Bot wrote:Yet I still love the show. How many episodes do we have left? 2?


Patch, Regeneration, and Darkest Hour is what we have left. Three.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Bot wrote:*The Omega Key is literally inside Smokescreen. That's an interesting resolution, I was thinking he was actually built as the key. But uh....wouldn't that mess with his internal workings? If you stuck a ruler inside a person's abdomen, I'm assuming that would cause some health concerns? Am I overthinking this?
Secret compartment, perhaps?

So secret even he didn't know about it. :P

That Bot wrote:And here I'm thinking he should have killed Arcee and everybody inside FIRST instead of risking discovery like he did and missing his chance.
Business before pleasure, I guess.

Plus, wasn't Arcee keeping her arm on the level to not only close it when told to, but to keep it open at first? He he killed her, the lever might have started falling on its own, thus closing the portal and leaving Starscream stuck inside the base.

That Bot wrote:*Starscream offers the keys to Megatron. How did he get aboard? Did he replace his T-Cog on his own after all? Did he groundbridge aboard when it's been previously established that he has no idea where it is at a given time?
That's only the Autobots who couldn't track the Nemesis. Starscream, however, could track the ship's movements with the Harbinger's equipment. And since he had access to a GroundBridge, he must have Bridge'd there.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17482
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Hmm. I'd love TFP Jazz & Perceptor. I hope the rumors hinted at NYCC are true about that. :P

Don't know about Perceptor, but Jazz better look like this:

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014