Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
For a while, I've been questioning the appearance of the other four Dinobots in the Prime cartoon. Seeing as Grimlock's been hinted at too much by now, I can't really bring myself to such a doubt with him. They could homage Animated and have the other Dinobots go mute, but then they'd be pulling a Soundwave. :roll:

So, here's my topic starter: if the other Dinobots appear in the Prime cartoon, then who would you want to voice them?

For Swoop, I'd go for Michael Bell (the original VA of Swoop). He tried getting on the show by auditioning for Ratchet, so hopefully he still has Swoop's voice in him. They've already got Welker, and he was the original voice of Sludge. Why not? For Slag Slug, I'd pick the FoC voice of Travis Willingham. The same goes for Snarl and his FoC VA of Sam Riegel.

Then my list would be:

* Gregg Berger as Grimlock
* Michael Bell as Swoop
* Frank Welker as Sludge
* Sam Riegel as Snarl
* Travis Willingham as Slag Slug

Anyone else agree, or do you have others in mind?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'd just love to see as much homogenizing between the actors of the games and show as possible. Therefore, I vote for all the game VAs to reprise their roles, especially since all four of the others (sans Sludge since he was dead) sounded drastically different from their G1 voices in the game.

G1 Swoop sounded scratchy and scraggly, FOC Swoop sounded silly yet sophisticated.
G1 Slag sounded aggressive and high-pitched, FOC Slug sounded strong and low-pitched.
G1 Snarl sounded gruff and, well, snarly, FOC sounded smart and eloquent.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16336
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Bubbah » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Motto: ""God has mercy ... I don't!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Yeah, agreed. I'd like them to use the game VAs in the show as well, it would just really help solidify continuity, and honestly, I have zero complaints about any of the game voices. They all did a really good job, I thought.
Bubbah
Fuzor
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:I'd just love to see as much homogenizing between the actors of the games and show as possible. Therefore, I vote for all the game VAs to reprise their roles, especially since all four of the others (sans Sludge since he was dead) sounded drastically different from their G1 voices in the game.

G1 Swoop sounded scratchy and scraggly, FOC Swoop sounded silly yet sophisticated.
G1 Slag sounded aggressive and high-pitched, FOC Slug sounded strong and low-pitched.
G1 Snarl sounded gruff and, well, snarly, FOC sounded smart and eloquent.


Yeah, exactly. That's why I picked the FoC VAs for Snarl & Slug and the G1 VA for Sludge. The only thing is that I thought of Michael Bell for Swoop because Bell had auditioned for the show before. Michael Bell or Mark Allan Stewart, either one works for me. Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Regarding G1, again, now that I have the PC fixed, and to move on :

To the best of my knowledge the aligned continuity includes the WFC and FOC games, then also the novels (Exodus and whichever other- I don't recall), plus PRIME and whatever else. If this is wrong, ignore everything I said and I wholeheartedly apologize.

I haven't read the novels: I don't plan to. I haven't played the games, I'll pick them up someday, maybe. There is no TF PRIME airing in my area, I watch it on YOUTUBE if I'm not away from home for work.

To the best of my knowledge, the above ARE all one continuity and in it there is a group of TFs who escape Cybertron on the last ship out, which I'm pretty sure is the Ark and that this group baptizes itself 'Generation one'.

This group is the OFFICIAL GENERATION ONE because they are in an OFFICIAL CONTINUITY. Their appearance in this OFFICIAL CONTINUITY FAMILY is THE OFFICIAL REWRITE OF the original GENERATION ONE- that 'original' being the cartoon show that came before Generation two and was renamed G1, well, posthumously, if you will.

The writers of TF:PRIME took some odd bits from here and there, tweaked them around used them in a pre-written story that has status effects being passed around mixed with the occasional flashback to take up episode space where nothing much is actually happening quite often.

By Pre-written I mean the end is decided.The key events are decided. The character development is decided. It's not free-form.It's not character development because it's not open ended. It's just a formula- and since so few character types are in the formula, it's a charlatan effort.

The excuse for so few characters is to save costs on CGI mannequins and so on. Bumblebee, however, has a Mannequin that could be used to re-introduce several original G1 characters (Prowl, Bluestreak et al) while Starscreams' mannequin: Seekers. I'm over all that, but I'm not over the prescription storytelling: Create a need, fulfill that need, create another need, ignore when necessary (Knockout not phase-shifted into a wall section, Bulkhead doomed to long term hospitalization). I love TFP, but it doesn't mean I have to love every written step of it.Remember the original G1 cartoon? We loved it: looking back at it today- it's inferior.

The opportunity was there to do a lot with the Transformers lore that this show has been amassing to itself (Tho I call the relic hunt a veiled replay of Armada:formula for previous popularity is, after all, the quickest formula for follow up success). PRIME took two small groups of characters and ran them and the viewers around in circles. It is the continuation of the existing aligned continuity and as such is a rewrite of everything available to this continuity rewrite, including things that haven't happened yet (eg: beast wars) AND THE REWRITE OF GENERATION ONE (the old one becoming the new one) IS CONTINUED INSIDE THE STORY OF THIS SHOW. The rewrite, so far, has been handled badly. That's all.

You ask where is said G1 in this show: I say that's exactly the point; Where is it? T Does it have to be the same G1, in terms of Wheeljack being a Wrecker? In terms of Starscream being a gimp? In terms of Orion Pax being Optronix?: No, it doesn't need to be the same G1.

Should it be a different G1? NOT IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER. IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER, KNOCKOUT CAN OVERSEE A BUNCH OF DECEP FOOTMEN (OR EVEN DREADWING)AS THEY PERFORM A CERVICAL CORTEX PATCH THINGY OPERATION WHILE STILL BEING STUCK IN THE WALL- ALL THE GEAR JUST GETS WHEELED INTO THE HALLWAY.

And no, I don't want just G1. I want it all. I just want it done by ppl who will tell a story about it all, not close a deal for shitloads of episodes and then doctor up a runaround story from the easiest writers' school formula to remember and then get applauded for writing that can't even follow its' own continuity.

"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dude, are you still on that? Nevermind that you and only you understand what "rewrite is continued inside the story" means, it's still official that G1 is unrelated.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:You ask where is said G1 in this show: I say that's exactly the point; Where is it?


How many times do we have to explain this to you? We're not asking anything, we're telling you that G1 is unrelated.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
G1 Smoketreader wrote:To the best of my knowledge the aligned continuity includes the WFC and FOC games, then also the novels (Exodus and whichever other- I don't recall), plus PRIME and whatever else. If this is wrong, ignore everything I said and I wholeheartedly apologize.
Yes, that is correct.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:I haven't read the novels: I don't plan to. I haven't played the games, I'll pick them up someday, maybe. There is no TF PRIME airing in my area, I watch it on YOUTUBE if I'm not away from home for work.

To the best of my knowledge, the above ARE all one continuity and in it there is a group of TFs who escape Cybertron on the last ship out, which I'm pretty sure is the Ark and that this group baptizes itself 'Generation one'.
You were right up until the last sentence. The group that leaves Cybertron aboard the Ark do not go to Earth like in G1 fiction. They go instead on a space-faring quest to several colony planets, which did not happen in G1.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:This group is the OFFICIAL GENERATION ONE because they are in an OFFICIAL CONTINUITY. Their appearance in this OFFICIAL CONTINUITY FAMILY is THE OFFICIAL REWRITE OF the original GENERATION ONE- that 'original' being the cartoon show that came before Generation two and was renamed G1, well, posthumously, if you will.
Generation 1 is an official continuity, and this, the Aligned continuity, is also an official continuity. There is more than one official continuity beyond just G1.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:The writers of TF:PRIME took some odd bits from here and there, tweaked them around used them in a pre-written story that has status effects being passed around mixed with the occasional flashback to take up episode space where nothing much is actually happening quite often.

By Pre-written I mean the end is decided.The key events are decided. The character development is decided. It's not free-form.It's not character development because it's not open ended. It's just a formula- and since so few character types are in the formula, it's a charlatan effort.
Yes and no.

By "yes" I mean that the folks at Hasbro have done what you say by having mapped out the timeline that this current continuity takes place in.

But, by "no" I mean that the writers of Prime are a different group than those who have created the "pre-written" material. The Prime writers work beneath those at Hasbro who have outlined the timeline of the Aligned continuity, but the outline itself is written in very broad strokes, giving the Prime writers (and other writers working on other parts of this continuity's timeline, like the folks at High Moon Studios) enough creative freedom to do with they want with the series without feeling too restricted but still remaining within the reasonable confines of the continuity's outline.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:AND THE REWRITE OF GENERATION ONE (the old one becoming the new one) IS CONTINUED INSIDE THE STORY OF THIS SHOW.
I think the issue here might be that you're possibly using a different definition of the word "rewrite" than the rest of us.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:[b]You ask where is said G1 in this show: I say that's exactly the point; Where is it? T Does it have to be the same G1, in terms of Wheeljack being a Wrecker? In terms of Starscream being a gimp? In terms of Orion Pax being Optronix?: No, it doesn't need to be the same G1.

Should it be a different G1? NOT IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER. IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER, KNOCKOUT CAN OVERSEE A BUNCH OF DECEP FOOTMEN (OR EVEN DREADWING)AS THEY PERFORM A CERVICAL CORTEX PATCH THINGY OPERATION WHILE STILL BEING STUCK IN THE WALL- ALL THE GEAR JUST GETS WHEELED INTO THE HALLWAY.
I think you might also be using a different definition of "G1" as well.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:And no, I don't want just G1. I want it all.
"All" what?


Shadowman wrote:Dude, are you still on that? Nevermind that you and only you understand what "rewrite is continued inside the story" means, it's still official that G1 is unrelated.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:You ask where is said G1 in this show: I say that's exactly the point; Where is it?


How many times do we have to explain this to you? We're not asking anything, we're telling you that G1 is unrelated.
Hang on a sec, Shadowman. I think we can approach this better if we get a better understanding of what he thinks of as a "rewrite" and "G1", since those seem to be the biggest points of conflict here. ;)
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16336
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
G1 Smoketreader wrote:Regarding G1, again, now that I have the PC fixed, and to move on :


Primus, help me now.

To the best of my knowledge the aligned continuity includes the WFC and FOC games, then also the novels (Exodus and whichever other- I don't recall), plus PRIME and whatever else. If this is wrong, ignore everything I said and I wholeheartedly apologize.


You're not wrong.

To the best of my knowledge, the above ARE all one continuity and in it there is a group of TFs who escape Cybertron on the last ship out, which I'm pretty sure is the Ark and that this group baptizes itself 'Generation one'.


That's...not right.

This group is the OFFICIAL GENERATION ONE because they are in an OFFICIAL CONTINUITY. Their appearance in this OFFICIAL CONTINUITY FAMILY is THE OFFICIAL REWRITE OF the original GENERATION ONE- that 'original' being the cartoon show that came before Generation two and was renamed G1, well, posthumously, if you will.


I think you're confusing "rewrite" with an "homage." Just because it has elements from G1 doesn't make it a rewrite. These elements are in respect to G1.

Should it be a different G1? NOT IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER. IF YOU'RE A GOOD ENOUGH STORYTELLER, KNOCKOUT CAN OVERSEE A BUNCH OF DECEP FOOTMEN (OR EVEN DREADWING)AS THEY PERFORM A CERVICAL CORTEX PATCH THINGY OPERATION WHILE STILL BEING STUCK IN THE WALL- ALL THE GEAR JUST GETS WHEELED INTO THE HALLWAY.


What the heck? I did not understand a word that came out of your rambling keyboard. Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Let's clear up this rewrite/continuity business, shall we? Maybe this will help.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Continuity_family
The Aligned Continuity (Family) is a separate universe from all Transformers stories that preceded it. It draws on various elements from ALL of them to create a NEW unified whole. It can be considered the amalgam of all Transformers media to this point, but it is not replacing or rewriting any of them.
For example, let's say I wanted to write a book about vampires. I could use characters and concepts from Dracula, Nosferatu, and Twilight to create a new story, but that doesn't mean my story supercedes the works of Bram Stoker, F.W. Murnau, or Stephanie Meyer (although it would probably be better than anything she ever wrote). It's the same thing with the Aligned Continuity. New versions of the characters, new stories, some ideas taken from older works, but still separate from what came before.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1023
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 am

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I see.

I went back to check TF Wiki on Exodus. I was sure that I had read there that the group who escape on the Ark name themselves 'Generation one' because they are the first TFs who carry on the Cybertronian civilisation away from the umbra of the council of 13. It's not there.Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Any which way, it isn't now.

On those grounds I apologize wholeheartedly for wasting peoples' time and energy.

On defenitions:

I define the 'original' G1 as semi official since it was named and 'titled' (as in 'crowned,robed,Knighted,bestowed with championhood, made the big deal') afterwards. It was and is in my mind a missed opportunity of sorts since the creators didn't really know how much they could do with it until it was over. Yes, it's totally official today, and yes, there are 5 or more 'original' versions of 'the original G1' but it's a bastard birth, a messy birth, see? All the real drama in the story came later when groups swooped in to pick it up in retrospect.As a result, they 'scattered the afterbirth' as Ozzy would sing. It's been retold in key areas many times over.Key areas being like seams.Seams being the part of an overall fabric that make it discardable when they come apart.

The 'officially official' timeline is this new one going on today. Anything TF can be folded into it (or hammered out of it)and any generations' story that was told with some form of regret can be retold here with (MODERN) perfection.Anything done in the past in a hurry can be redone here with patience, tlc and so on.You get my drift, I think: IT'S THE BIGGEST OPPORTUNITY to the TF legend since the movies were announced. What they do with all the raw material available to them says a lot.

This new continuity is a vessel that can carry EVERY TF generation and every fan in it. There is so much raw material available to craft this new, official timeline, after nearly 30 years of hindsight, any creator or fan SHOULD have expectations and demands. The first thing I actually expect is another rewrite of this timeline into an alternative timeline within a decade, what I demand MASTER CRAFTED RESULTS. An example of existing gems to be collected into this one, big new wonder of a gem would be respect for the prototypical things that came from each generation. From G1, examples are the Theoretician (Skids) and the Diversionary Tactician (Smokescreen). I will never stop insisting that a toymaker should recognize these examples as focus points that a child MUST have in the universe of its' toy collection because utilizing them is a massive exercise for a developing mind.

I treated this new continuity as a possibility (and expectation, rightly or wrongly) to rewrite EVERYTHING, one bit of which is the fall of Cybertronian civilization and then (the original G1 from 84) inside the above mentioned vessel. My error is that there is no group in Exodus that names itself 'Generation one' as I came to believe for whatever reason. Therefore, I wasted peoples' time and apologize again.

(PS: I don't apologize to ppl who don't read a post and choose to jump in and mock it anyway. I don't apologize to ppl who pre-decide that something doesn't make sense then TELL me what does. I apologize to ppl who spent TIME and ENERGY responding to posts of mine in the faith that said time and energy won't be wasted by me).
"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
I still have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of that just didn't fit together. I guess what you're saying is, you want...what, more G1 references? Characters closer to G1? What?

By the way, the "original" G1 (Which makes no sense, as that implies there were multiple first generations of the franchise) would have been everything that came before Generation 2, which was officially branded, and is why we call the original series G1. Incidentally, G1, G2, Beast Wars and Beast Machines are all part of the G1 continuity family. So, really, everything that came before RID sort of counts.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I...think I got the drift of what he's saying.

What I got out of it was: "Previous continuities were rushed, the creators were blinded with it, and didn't know what they could do with it. There's a new continuity that's supposed to be the basis of all Transformers projects for the next decade, so there is plenty of room in the Aligned family for the rushed elements of previous continuities to be retold."

If I'm translating that correctly. then I'll have to disagree with the beginning. Animated & Beast Wars were really good at keeping a story going without rushing it.

So, his point is rather redundant. Yes, the Aligned continuity family is taking elements from all continuities and aligning them, "rushing it" or not.

If this isn't what you meant, I'm still confused. :???:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Red 50 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Uh... What?

I read it, re-read it and checked it but I still don't understand what's all the rattle about.

And honestly, I'd prefer to keep it that way.

On with the business:
I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime. They could be an balancing factor against the Predacons.
Of course, it would be logical to assume that the presence of transformers is going to become a public knowledge. Kinda hard to cover up the events of "Darkest hour".

I would love to see Dinobots brawl out with Predacons.
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Red 50 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime.


Technically, they've made their debut in the Transformers: Prime Rage of the Dinobots comic series that bridges FoC to Prime, as well as season two to season three. As far as the cartoon goes, Gregg Berger has been teased as a VA on the show, and there was mention of a possibility of a Prime Voyager Grimlock. If we don't get a full roster of Dinobots, we can at least safely assume Grimlock will show up.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Red 50 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime.


Technically, they've made their debut in the Transformers: Prime Rage of the Dinobots comic series that bridges FoC to Prime, as well as season two to season three. As far as the cartoon goes, Gregg Berger has been teased as a VA on the show, and there was mention of a possibility of a Prime Voyager Grimlock. If we don't get a full roster of Dinobots, we can at least safely assume Grimlock will show up.


Technically they debuted in the DS version of War for Cybertron, but that might be splitting hairs a bit.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Shadowman wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Red 50 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime.


Technically, they've made their debut in the Transformers: Prime Rage of the Dinobots comic series that bridges FoC to Prime, as well as season two to season three. As far as the cartoon goes, Gregg Berger has been teased as a VA on the show, and there was mention of a possibility of a Prime Voyager Grimlock. If we don't get a full roster of Dinobots, we can at least safely assume Grimlock will show up.


Technically they debuted in the DS version of War for Cybertron, but that might be splitting hairs a bit.


Yes, that's true. However, I meant their debut under the "Prime" label.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Red 50 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Red 50 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime.


Technically, they've made their debut in the Transformers: Prime Rage of the Dinobots comic series that bridges FoC to Prime, as well as season two to season three. As far as the cartoon goes, Gregg Berger has been teased as a VA on the show, and there was mention of a possibility of a Prime Voyager Grimlock. If we don't get a full roster of Dinobots, we can at least safely assume Grimlock will show up.


Technically they debuted in the DS version of War for Cybertron, but that might be splitting hairs a bit.


Yes, that's true. However, I meant their debut under the "Prime" label.


Well, I meant in the cartoon, but I'll blame myself for not being more specific in my original post. Still, thank you all for replying.
Image
User avatar
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Estonia, Northern Europe
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Red 50 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Red 50 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned already or if it's even been confirmed or formally rejected, but I HOPE that the Dinobots would make their debut on TF: Prime.


Technically, they've made their debut in the Transformers: Prime Rage of the Dinobots comic series that bridges FoC to Prime, as well as season two to season three. As far as the cartoon goes, Gregg Berger has been teased as a VA on the show, and there was mention of a possibility of a Prime Voyager Grimlock. If we don't get a full roster of Dinobots, we can at least safely assume Grimlock will show up.


Technically they debuted in the DS version of War for Cybertron, but that might be splitting hairs a bit.


Yes, that's true. However, I meant their debut under the "Prime" label.


Well, I meant in the cartoon, but I'll blame myself for not being more specific in my original post. Still, thank you all for replying.


I know you meant the cartoon, which is why the entire second half of my post talks about that.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
G1 Smoketreader wrote:I see.

I went back to check TF Wiki on Exodus. I was sure that I had read there that the group who escape on the Ark name themselves 'Generation one' because they are the first TFs who carry on the Cybertronian civilisation away from the umbra of the council of 13. It's not there.Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Any which way, it isn't now.

On those grounds I apologize wholeheartedly for wasting peoples' time and energy.
Well, there IS something called "Generation One" in Exodus, but it's ins't a group. Whilst it was being constructed in secret by Alpha Trion, the Ark was given the codename "Project Generation One". But afterwards, it never went by that name again, as it was a tentative alias given the project for its creation.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:*snip of everything after the above quote*
All I can say to this is... well, they aren't going to be retelling the same old story of the 1980s fiction in a modern updated form since they've already gone very much contradicted many of the key aspects of that story.
Most notably, the bit about the Ark and Nemesis launching from Cybertron, crashing to Earth, and waking up the Bots and Cons after 4 millions years of slumber has pretty much been neutered by the events of Exodus, Exiles, and FOC. After the two ships launch from Cybertron (70 million years ago, rather than 4 million), they go through a space bridge portal (which did happen in any 1980s version of G1) and partake in a long planet-hopping journey eons before making it to Earth. They'll go to Earth eventually, just not right away.

===============================================================================

This morning, Transformers: Prime made its debut on the CW's Vortexx programming block and, as expected, there were indeed censorship edits done to it.

While watching the episode, "Darkness Rising, Part 1", I only noticed three edits (one of which I expect to happen in every episode):

  • The shot of Starscream pulling out his hand from Cliffjumper's chest after impaling him but before he fell over was cut.
  • Jack's line, "First rule about robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club," was cut.
  • Additional commercial break transitional fades were added for more breaks (this one we can expect again).
There might have been more, smaller edits, but these were the ones I caught.




EDIT (April 23, 2013): Here's a revision of the above comparison based on a re-watch of the episodes side-by-side with the uncut versions.

1. After Starscream drives his fingers into Cliffjumper, impaling him, and says, "Anymore questions?!", a shot of Cliffjumper's shocked face that pans down toward Screamer's fingers embedded in Cliff's side, which Starscream pulls out while Energon spills out of Cliff's wound onto the floor, and Cliff's knees hitting the floor before he falls completely over, were all cut out. Now, after Starscream asks "Anymore questions?!" Cliff immediately hits the floor all at once.

2. When Jack is taking an obnoxious customer's order, his line of "So that's two 'we're-not-as-funny-as-we-think-we-are' combos with a side of 'bite me!'", and the guy's response of "Haha-- What'd you say?", were cut.

3. Jack's line of "The first rule of Robot Fight Club is you don't talk about Robot Fight Club," was cut.

4. Jack's line of "What you need to understand is that I don't want a bunch of crazy talking vehicles following me around trying to get me killed!" had its "trying to get me killed" part muted, ending the sentence instead at "following me around!"

5. The new commercial break played as the Autobots were bringing the kids to the base for the first time, right after Jack asks "And why exactly are we talking her?" (in regards to Miko), to which Arcee replies "Rules."

5.5. Not an edit, but the Autobot symbol seen on the ground of the Autobots' base was the same Movie-styled one used in this episode's initial Hub airing (as seen in this image), which was changed to the more traditional styled Autobot logo in reruns and later episodes.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16336
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:The shot of Starscream pulling out his hand from Cliffjumper's chest after impanling him but before he fell over was cut.


>:oP I expected this.


Jack's line, "First rule about robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club," was cut.


Why? To avoid copyright issues with "Fight Club?"

Additional commercial break transitional fades were added for more breaks (this one we can expect again).


Gee, more breaks. That's what I always wanted.

I'll stick to the Hub. |:|
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The shot of Starscream pulling out his hand from Cliffjumper's chest after impanling him but before he fell over was cut.


>:oP I expected this.
The impalement viewed from the side was still intact, just not the removal of Starscream's hand.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16336
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The shot of Starscream pulling out his hand from Cliffjumper's chest after impanling him but before he fell over was cut.


>:oP I expected this.
The impalement viewed from the side was still intact, just not the removal of Starscream's hand.


Yes. I expected that.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Jack's line, "First rule about robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club," was cut.


Why? To avoid copyright issues with "Fight Club?"


Most likely it's because Fight Club isn't exactly a movie for kids. Name-dropping adult content on a kids show isn't popular with parents.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Shadowman wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Jack's line, "First rule about robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club," was cut.


Why? To avoid copyright issues with "Fight Club?"


Most likely it's because Fight Club isn't exactly a movie for kids. Name-dropping adult content on a kids show isn't popular with parents.


I thought it'd have something to do with the "Fight Club" reference.

Let's see how many other hilarious censorships they conduct
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5385
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Jack's line, "First rule about robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club," was cut.


Why? To avoid copyright issues with "Fight Club?"


Most likely it's because Fight Club isn't exactly a movie for kids. Name-dropping adult content on a kids show isn't popular with parents.


I thought it'd have something to do with the "Fight Club" reference.

Let's see how many other hilarious censorships they conduct


Safe money is on the part where Bulkhead disembowels a Vehicon being removed.

EDIT: Oh, and the various torture sequences. (Fowler being tortured by Starscream, MECH dissecting Breakdown, half of Predatory, etc.)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28798
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014