Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus2006 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 am

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Sucks I was wondering if this was indeed the end of Prime, the Season 3 deal seems to be like a new thing for Transformers series such as with Animated also ending in 3 seasons or around 50 something episodes.

Usually they dont make it past the 50 episode mark other than Generation 1.

Also I remember back about a Trademark called Zero could this be the Animated series in Late 2014.

I was hoping for a new continuation of Prime done in a new direction but yet in the same universe such as how Mass Effect is doing without Shepardi in the new upcoming game same Universe just dosent have Shepard anymore.

Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.

I hope some of the new Autobots show not just as toys but an Physcial deal on TV such as Ultra, Huffer, Prowl and like to see new upgrades for Arcee, Ratchet and Bulkhead.

Only time will tell when Prime 3 returns sometime this spring.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
Posts: 1158
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:54 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus2006 wrote:Sucks I was wondering if this was indeed the end of Prime, the Season 3 deal seems to be like a new thing for Transformers series such as with Animated also ending in 3 seasons or around 50 something episodes.

Usually they dont make it past the 50 episode mark other than Generation 1.
Well, with season 3, it'll be 65 episodes.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.


He's not dead. Hasbro learned their lesson in 1986.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rodimus2006 wrote:Usually they dont make it past the 50 episode mark other than Generation 1.


Beast Wars was 52, Armada was 52, Energon was 51, Cybertron was 52, and so far Prime is 52.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.


Like in Beast Wars where they got another two seasons after Primal died, or Armada, where they still had another 13 episodes (A quarter of the series) left, or Animated where Optimus died in the third episode.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)


But he had a dark energon shard sustaining him.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3723
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)


But he had a dark energon shard sustaining him.
True, but the base blowing up was still a smaller explosion than when the space bridge blew.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)


But he had a dark energon shard sustaining him.
True, but the base blowing up was still a smaller explosion than when the space bridge blew.


Even if the blast that took out the base wasn't as powerful, it still took out a mountain and a military bunker inside the mountain. Even if it wasn't as big a blast as a space bridge exploding, that doesn't mean it was just a fire cracker. Like Sly said, the only reason Megatron survived was because of his Dark Energon shard, and Optimus doesn't have that.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
I don't think they've been consistent about damage and power levels in this show anyway.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1000
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)


But he had a dark energon shard sustaining him.
True, but the base blowing up was still a smaller explosion than when the space bridge blew.


Even if the blast that took out the base wasn't as powerful, it still took out a mountain and a military bunker inside the mountain. Even if it wasn't as big a blast as a space bridge exploding, that doesn't mean it was just a fire cracker. Like Sly said, the only reason Megatron survived was because of his Dark Energon shard, and Optimus doesn't have that.


But Optimus does have the power of the Matrix and the Primes. We could assume that such a force would do whatever it takes to keep it's beholder alive. That is, unless it was manually released.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
Henry921 wrote:What is the airspeed velocity of a southernbound swallow?
Unladen swallow.

What do you mean? African or European swallow? :-B


I...uh... I don't know that.. :shock: *Launched from catapult into the abyss*

*Drags self up, because if there's no body, he ain't dead*


Really, more than anything, I'm annoyed by Cylas. They rushed through a potentially very interesting storyline in double quick time.


As for Megatron vs Optimus miraculous resurrections, it's worth noting Megatron had a shard of Dark Energon in his spark chamber that helped keep him alive. It's likely the Matrix will do the same thing for Prime, regardless of potential death situation. He'll need to be rebuilt, but he won't be dead when he's subsequently resurrected.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also I kinda of had a gut feeling about this being the end of Prime cause of OPs death usually this marks the end of a series or close to it.
I highly doubt he's dead. Damaged, yes, but not dead.

Megatron survived even worse conditions back in episode 5. ;)


But he had a dark energon shard sustaining him.
True, but the base blowing up was still a smaller explosion than when the space bridge blew.


Even if the blast that took out the base wasn't as powerful, it still took out a mountain and a military bunker inside the mountain. Even if it wasn't as big a blast as a space bridge exploding, that doesn't mean it was just a fire cracker. Like Sly said, the only reason Megatron survived was because of his Dark Energon shard, and Optimus doesn't have that.


But Optimus does have the power of the Matrix and the Primes. We could assume that such a force would do whatever it takes to keep it's beholder alive. That is, unless it was manually released.


So if that were the case, every life-threatening situation Prime has been in or will be in the future is rendered completely pointless. I mean, if he survives a blast strong enough to shatter a mountain and the bunker inside, it's already rendered pointless because, seriously, what could they throw at him that's stronger than that?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:16 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Shadowman wrote:So if that were the case, every life-threatening situation Prime has been in or will be in the future is rendered completely pointless. I mean, if he survives a blast strong enough to shatter a mountain and the bunker inside, it's already rendered pointless because, seriously, what could they throw at him that's stronger than that?



Well, this might explain why Predaking is a swordsman. Hack the Matrix out of him first and then chop him into enough itty bitty pieces he can't recover from it. When Megatron fights with Optimus, he uses the same tactic to try and cut him up rather than blow him away with a Fusion Cannon.

And while it's ambiguous whether or not Megatron knows most of the Autobots escape their base's destruction, he clearly figures this out before the start of Season 3. Destruction of the base was his objective; he probably knew it wouldn't kill Optimus, as he anticipates multiple times throughout both seasons that it must be he who finally kills Optimus, and it doesn't seem most of his troops are aware of the Matrix's power the way he is.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Optimus is still too valuable a character for them to just kill off. TF: Prime is but one chapter of this continuity, and there's so much more of the story to tell that it's highly likely that Optimus plays a much bigger role in this story than what we see of him covered by TF: Prime.

Not to mention how marketable a character he is, and the show's creators have been adamant about characters who die staying dead. So, if they want to milk Optimus for all he's worth, it's much easier to do so by keeping him alive instead of killing him off.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wigglez » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I haven't been online in a while so excuse me for asking. Did season 3 start yet?
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Wigglez wrote:Did season 3 start yet?


No.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
We don't even have a premiere date, sadly.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1000
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Archanubis » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
We do have a new Promo:
Image
User avatar
Archanubis
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6830
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 am
Location: Hylion Prime

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wigglez » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Archanubis wrote:We do have a new Promo:

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god... I thought there was a premiere date though. Sometime this month.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yesterday's Vortexx airing of episode 11 contained... 3 and a half edits. I say "3 and a half" since I'm uncertain as to consider the first change as being its own edit or as a part of the second, much larger edit since the two were so closely related that the first would not have happened without the second. You'll see below.

1. Right after Fast Willy irately yells "HEY!" at Knock Out for ramming into the back of his car, the audio of Knock Out's later line of "You scratch my paint, I scratch yours," was inserted over the video of Knock Out driving behind Willy's car before he goes to hit Willy's car again, this time from the side.

1.5. Right after Knock Out hits Willy's car for the second time and causes the car to jolt a little off to the side, the entire scene of Willy's car going over the side of a cliff, crashing below as Knock Out watches, Willy's tired reaction inside the crashed car, Knock Out saying the above mentioned line, and his backing up from the cliff to drive off were all cut out completely.

Now, the scene cuts right from Knock Out hitting Willy's car from the side and it jolting a bit to Knock Out just driving off, making it look like all Knock Out did was just bump into Willy's car a couple of times before fleeing the scene.

2. After Optimus knocks Knock Out off the road, Optimus pulls over, transforms, and takes one step towards Knock Out. From here, they cut him taking another step or two, a shot of Arcee driving on the road, and Optimus standing over Knock Out before reaching down to pick him up. This was all cut to remove Arcee's line of "Optimus, Knock Out has a hostage," and Optimus's response of "Understood."

So, now it plays out with Optimus transforming a good distance away from Knock Out, suddenly magically appearing right on top of Knock Out's position, and then (with the loss of the "hostage" line) Optimus tearing off Knock Out's door as though he either somehow already knew about Vince being inside Knock Out without having been told, or Optimus didn't know and just felt like ripping off Knock Out's door just for kicks, only happening to find Vince inside. :twisted:

3. The new commercial break played right at the black screen scene transition from the unconscious Vince being held in Optimus' hand to Vince waking up inside Bumblebee with Jack behind the wheel. Like last week's episode, this was a good placement as it honestly looked like a commercial break was meant to be placed there, and I wouldn't be surprised if there had been one there in the Hub's airings of this episode.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14850
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
I'd consider the re-positioning of Knock Out's line to be part of the larger change, FWIW.
Wow, so in their attempt to censor a bit of violence, they inadvertently made Optimus look MORE violent. Good job, CW! :P
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1000
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wigglez » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:28 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Wait, CW edits what is already a childrens show to make more child friendly? They mightest well just make the intro the Barney song. And let me guess, when they get to the end of season 2 where Prime gets blown up in their bass, CW is just going to skip that whole part. Good thing I already have the show
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Wigglez wrote:Wait, CW edits what is already a childrens show to make more child friendly? They mightest well just make the intro the Barney song. And let me guess, when they get to the end of season 2 where Prime gets blown up in their bass, CW is just going to skip that whole part. Good thing I already have the show


Different channels have different S&P. The Hub is a cable channel, and I was surprised with a lot of the stuff they could get away with. CW is network and has much stricter guidelines.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Wigglez wrote:Wait, CW edits what is already a childrens show to make more child friendly? They mightest well just make the intro the Barney song. And let me guess, when they get to the end of season 2 where Prime gets blown up in their bass, CW is just going to skip that whole part. Good thing I already have the show



Prime is a pretty brutal, violent show by the standards of kids shows. The Darkness Rising premiere saw Cliffjumper killed in the first act, Megatron dismember his corpse in the next episode, Megatron revive a lot of dead soldiers in the next, and then get blown to scrap in the finale.

In the premiere of the series, Masters and Students, Starscream rips the Dark Energon shard out of Megatron and says "This time- stay dead!" And this episode was widely available to kids who bought Cyberverse figures and the entertainment pack.

While the CW is probably censoring some of this violent content, it's more likely the edits they've chosen are being removed based on time constraints than anything else.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
It seems to me that they're censoring for time and the most graphic content, based on Sabr's descriptions.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1000
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Motto: "Nanomachines Son"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Can someone help me out here?

Im near halfway done with exodus, right? So bumblebee has already lost his voice. This confused me, as it a prequel to WFC, a game were he talks. alot.

So tell me if I have this about right, yeah?
-High Counsel Meeting
-WFC
-BB at Tyger Pax?
-After WFC/before FOC?

Any light shed on this would be appreciated.
Also, were did Sentinel Zeta Prime dissapear too? I know hes in WFC, but its been a while, I'm sketchy on the details, did he make a comeback just to die in WFC?.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5983
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014