Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
viruscarnage wrote:I don't think anyone hasn't seen it yet


I haven't seen it yet.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28913
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby VirusCarnage » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 am

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Shadowman wrote:I haven't seen it yet.


How did I know someone was going to say that lol.
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I don't know if I said this before, and I'm not looking back through documents to check, but Prowl's "upcoming" Deluxe figure activated my thoughts. I see a lot of potential for Prowl to land a spot in the series before the end.

He has a CGI model and [will have] two toys. Granted, Ironhide has the same (though it's concept art instead of an actual model) and yet the writers will forbid him from making any debut. However, Prowl has Smokescreen's model available to him. All you need to do is change the torso & head and give him rocket launchers. But why would they slightly alter an existing model and make it a new character, right?

He could show up for a reason. Maybe the "scattered to the winds" Ark crew mention during the premiere was foreshadowing for him to debut. Perhaps he's been looking for the others (Ironhide, Perceptor, Silverbolt, etc.).

Then again, the two toys that Prowl has could be strictly for the Universe MMO, so there are factors against it. I'd like to see it, though. To have all five of Optimus' original space bridge crew from Animated in Prime at the same time (busted a rhyme) would be really cool.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 am

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
PrymeStriker wrote:(wall of text about Prowl)

Not a bad point. It would be pretty cool to see Prowl make it into the third season. I'm just gonna sit back and see how the premiere episode plays out before I get TOO excited.
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Headmaster
Posts: 1228
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wigglez » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:(wall of text about Prowl)

Not a bad point. It would be pretty cool to see Prowl make it into the third season. I'm just gonna sit back and see how the premiere episode plays out before I get TOO excited.


That's a good idea. But knowing me and what I've seen of season 3 so far, I'm going to be all giddy and stuff as it starts
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wigglez wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:(wall of text about Prowl)

Not a bad point. It would be pretty cool to see Prowl make it into the third season. I'm just gonna sit back and see how the premiere episode plays out before I get TOO excited.


That's a good idea. But knowing me and what I've seen of season 3 so far, I'm going to be all giddy and stuff as it starts
But it's already started, guys. episodes 1-3 were very cool.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
dp
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:dp


Sabrblade! This is a family forum! :lol:

That said, it's important to note the show hasn't aired in the US yet, so a good percentage of TF fans haven't gone on youtube and watched the poor quality Singapore version yet.

As for Prowl, I think he's just like Ironhide- a character model they started working on and then repurposed later for the video game, and if we're reeeeeaaaallly lucky, a non-Smokescreen retool toy. I don't think he'll be in the show at all.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:but we got a good reason for Smoke's quick return. He turned around almost immediately and appeared just as the base blew. It would only make sense for him to appear that quickly to make what he said sound truthful.


I felt the need to go back a few pages and re-quote this, because I apparently missed this part of our discussion and while I went back to watch the season premiere, Smokescreen's return didn't make sense at all, making it a terrible reason for his return. First of all, he said that he went back and the base had already blown up. We clearly see him running through the space bridge to return home. Smokescreen's bridge had already closed within the time he had apparently went back so that Ratchet could leave. Even if he had returned and the base "came tumbling down," the bridge would've closed anyway. Bridges shouldn't stay open after they've exploded.

Sorry for necro-quoting. :oops:

Henry921 wrote:As for Prowl, I think he's just like Ironhide- a character model they started working on and then repurposed later for the video game, and if we're reeeeeaaaallly lucky, a non-Smokescreen retool toy. I don't think he'll be in the show at all.


The difference with Ironhide and Prowl is that Ironhide's model wasn't re-purposed for anything but his toys. It was concept art. Prowl made it to becoming a CGI model and was re-purposed for the MMO, his toys, and Prime Smokescreen's model. Since Jeff made mention that they're adding a lot of new characters, while the possibility is that we're just getting more Predacons, I think they should put that model to good use in the third season.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby happylock » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 am

I think one of the points missed by many with the possibility of smokescreen being the next prime is that the matrix bestows wisdom on whomever is supposed to have it.i have seen in other forums many smokescreen haters that completely skip this point. The main thing for a the matrix seems to be the heart not the perfection of one's character. Orion Pax was naive but optimus isnt due to the matrix. So if Smokescreen gets it he would have a personality shift. Also in regards to the toys Peter Cullen spoiled that optiums will be around the rest of the season. And that the end of this series may not be the end it might just be a launch point for the next series. But it wouldnt be the first time a toy mode hasnt made it into the show and vice versa.
happylock
Mini-Con
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:14 pm

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:but we got a good reason for Smoke's quick return. He turned around almost immediately and appeared just as the base blew. It would only make sense for him to appear that quickly to make what he said sound truthful.


I felt the need to go back a few pages and re-quote this, because I apparently missed this part of our discussion and while I went back to watch the season premiere, Smokescreen's return didn't make sense at all, making it a terrible reason for his return. First of all, he said that he went back and the base had already blown up. We clearly see him running through the space bridge to return home. Smokescreen's bridge had already closed within the time he had apparently went back so that Ratchet could leave. Even if he had returned and the base "came tumbling down," the bridge would've closed anyway. Bridges shouldn't stay open after they've exploded.

Sorry for necro-quoting. :oops:


I want you to think really hard about what you're saying: You're arguing the not only arbitrary but unestablished rules of a fictional science.

PrymeStriker wrote:
Henry921 wrote:As for Prowl, I think he's just like Ironhide- a character model they started working on and then repurposed later for the video game, and if we're reeeeeaaaallly lucky, a non-Smokescreen retool toy. I don't think he'll be in the show at all.


The difference with Ironhide and Prowl is that Ironhide's model wasn't re-purposed for anything but his toys. It was concept art. Prowl made it to becoming a CGI model and was re-purposed for the MMO, his toys, and Prime Smokescreen's model. Since Jeff made mention that they're adding a lot of new characters, while the possibility is that we're just getting more Predacons, I think they should put that model to good use in the third season.


That reminds me...when is the MMO coming out? Seeing as the series itself has only a few months of life left in it, aren't they cutting it a bit close for the tie-in game?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28913
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:dp


Sabrblade! This is a family forum! :lol:
I know double posting is against the rules, but it's family unfriendly, too? Yikes! :P

Henry921 wrote:That said, it's important to note the show hasn't aired in the US yet, so a good percentage of TF fans haven't gone on youtube and watched the poor quality Singapore version yet.
Not our fault they haven't. TFWiki's alreayd gone and covered info on all three episodes anyway. People are still talking about it online and stuff. Unless there's some legit reason they can't, they should go ahead and watch it already. 8)

PrymeStriker wrote:I felt the need to go back a few pages and re-quote this, because I apparently missed this part of our discussion and while I went back to watch the season premiere, Smokescreen's return didn't make sense at all, making it a terrible reason for his return. First of all, he said that he went back and the base had already blown up. We clearly see him running through the space bridge to return home. Smokescreen's bridge had already closed within the time he had apparently went back so that Ratchet could leave. Even if he had returned and the base "came tumbling down," the bridge would've closed anyway. Bridges shouldn't stay open after they've exploded.
Afte re-watching hte scene, yeah the portal did go dark inside the base after Ratchet left. So Smoke wouldn't have been able to get back unless the portal was forced back open by his mere presence of being inside it when he ran back in.

After he drove out of the base, the portal was still open in the base even before Ratchet stepped forward to walk out of it. Because the portal in the base was still on, that evidently let it remain open on Smokescreen's end long enough for him to head back into it. And becuase he was back inside it, even though the opening inside the base had by now shut off (since Ratchet already left), Smoke being inside it may have forced it back open at the very last split-second before Opyimus struck down the console with his sword and before the base blew. Yes, it's a lot to swallow what with it being a split-second long window, but he'd still survive the blast thanks to the Phase Shifter making him intangible.

In episode 52, after the portal goes dark, Optimus says a few words and looks at the console, the Nemesis extracts a laser cannon that shifts into position and prepares to fire, June and Fowler look worried, Optimus pulls out his sword, the laser is about to fire, Optimus raises the sword, Megatron looks on, Optimus swings the sword down with a blinding light, and the laser at last fires and blows up the base. Smokescreen could have forced open the portal and reappeared in the base during Optimus's downward swing just before the sword hit the console. After all, we are blinded by light of the sword swinging downward. Maybe the portal forced itself back open in that second of blinding. And we don't exactly hear the sword make contact with the console. Maybe rthe explosion shook Optimus off his aim a bit and gave Smoke an additional split-second to get back. ;)

happylock wrote:I think one of the points missed by many with the possibility of smokescreen being the next prime is that the matrix bestows wisdom on whomever is supposed to have it.i have seen in other forums many smokescreen haters that completely skip this point. The main thing for a the matrix seems to be the heart not the perfection of one's character. Orion Pax was naive but optimus isnt due to the matrix. So if Smokescreen gets it he would have a personality shift..
Optimus didn't have a personality shift the first time he got the Matrix. All that that entailed was a name change. He only got a personality change the second time because he lost thousands of years of his memories too, making it like a full grown adult reverting to preteen and back in mere moments.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, he got there just as it was blowing up, not after. This was likely just as Optimus and swinging his sword down to strike the console a split second later.


But wouldn't Smokescreen down with the...

oh, wait.

From the time after smokescreen drove off to the time where Ratchet stepped forward for his turn, and even after to the time where Optimus about to destroy the console with the sword, the space bridge portal was still open the whole time, enabling Smokescreen's portal to stay open from his end.


The set coordinates on the other side had changed after Smokescreen had gone through. I don't understand how the bridge could stay open on his side if the two-way feed had changed. It could be similar to a phone conversation being interrupted and party two being put on hold, but it's also reasonable to believe Ratchet had already ended the connection by changing the bridge's coordinates. Which is why his return was too convenient for my tastes.

Optrimus didn't have a personality shift the first time he got the Matrix. All that that entailed was a name change.


I don't know about Optrimus, but Optimus did receive a great deal of wisdom upon the bestowing of the Matrix, not just a change of name and authority.

He only got a personality change the second time


Care to elaborate? :???:

Shadowman wrote:That reminds me...when is the MMO coming out? Seeing as the series itself has only a few months of life left in it, aren't they cutting it a bit close for the tie-in game?


Unless they plan to make the MMO some sort of sequel to the cartoon, which I'd personally rather be another cartoon (but not the upcoming one). If so, it makes for another reason for Prowl to show up before the series' end. At least we'd know how he got to Earth and in contact with Team Prime.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
^ I was rewriting my post during your reply. There's different info in it now than what I had written before.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
He only got a personality change the second time


Care to elaborate? :???:
When he first got it from the Core, only his name changed (getting the "Prime" part of his name in its most official form). When he later got it back from Jack, he got thousands of years of his life back.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:When he later got it back from Jack, he got thousands of years of his life back.


I don't see how this a change of personality like you had claimed. This is a reset of the status quo.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:When he later got it back from Jack, he got thousands of years of his life back.


I don't see how this a change of personality like you had claimed. This is a reset of the status quo.
Personalities evolve and develop over time. The younger Optimus from Exodus had a much more open and exuberant personality than his more stoic, introverted present-day self in Prime.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:When he later got it back from Jack, he got thousands of years of his life back.


I don't see how this a change of personality like you had claimed. This is a reset of the status quo.
Personalities evolve and develop over time. The younger Optimus from Exodus had a much more open and exuberant personality than his more stoic, introverted present-day self in Prime.


Okay, so your point is that because Optimus became Orion Pax during the season two premiere, being returned the Matrix was a personality change because it was a direct transformation from exuberant to introverted?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:When he later got it back from Jack, he got thousands of years of his life back.


I don't see how this a change of personality like you had claimed. This is a reset of the status quo.
Personalities evolve and develop over time. The younger Optimus from Exodus had a much more open and exuberant personality than his more stoic, introverted present-day self in Prime.


Okay, so your point is that because Optimus became Orion Pax during the season two premiere, being returned the Matrix was a personality change because it was a direct transformation from exuberant to introverted?


Short version: Optimus' current personality is the result of thousands of years of character development. When he lost the Matrix, he suffered a memory-wipe that undid all that. When he got it back, he also had his memories restored. So, basically, the Matrix had nothing to do with his original shift in personality.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28913
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Chandler Prime 1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
This is soooo exciting GOOOOO TEAM PRIME !! I know Peter CUllen is going to give another awsome performance this season.. Its time for beast hunters !!!!!!
Autobots Transform and Roll Out !!!!!!! - Optimus Prime
Chandler Prime 1
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Cybertron
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Ok, so I dont frequent here so often anymore, so pardon me if its already been discussed, but you know how sabreblade's always on about Rescue Bots and Prime being in the same universe? I dont disagree, but would like to note that the Beast Hunters OP reformat makes him look alot like he does on Rescue Bots. Especially with how the face is on the toy. Makes you wonder just how far ahead this stuff gets planned in advance...
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
BeastProwl wrote:Ok, so I dont frequent here so often anymore, so pardon me if its already been discussed, but you know how sabreblade's always on about Rescue Bots and Prime being in the same universe? I dont disagree, but would like to note that the Beast Hunters OP reformat makes him look alot like he does on Rescue Bots. Especially with how the face is on the toy. Makes you wonder just how far ahead this stuff gets planned in advance...
It's not me who originally said that. Jeff Kline himself confirmed it in an interview.

But as for Optimus, we don't know if he will or won't get his BH toy body. But his RB cartoon body is meant to resemble his RB toy body, which itself is based on G1 Optimus's body. The reason Optimus looks different in the RB cartoon is A) that show has a different art style, and B) Hasbro sadly seems to not give two cents about aesthetics when it comes to the Aligned continuity. To them, characters can appear in new bodies with no explanations, and they're okay with it. The current biggest offender to this is how Optimus has a new body in FOC from his WFC body, despite that game taking place mere moments after WFC.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:But as for Optimus, we don't know if he will or won't get his BH toy body.


Although this semi-confirms it.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:But as for Optimus, we don't know if he will or won't get his BH toy body.


Although this semi-confirms it.

Image
TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17380
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:But as for Optimus, we don't know if he will or won't get his BH toy body.


Although this semi-confirms it.

Image
TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.


Oh for Primus' sake. :BOOM:

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5424
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014