Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Technobabble. So much goddamn technobabble.

And why in blue blazes would they have Shockwave say "This is no place for a one-handed Autobot"? And OF COURSE he also says the obligatory "logical". :roll:

And that bombing of Hangar E scene. Besides being the most cliché "bad guys bomb the good guys base so the good guys get the element of surprise, and the main bad guy gets to beat up on the other bad guy" bit, the explanation makes no sense. Soundwave pointed to the exact building, are we really to believe Starscream instead actually read the letters from 500 feet up, and would only bother with the one building? He's not that stupid.

And where the hell did that Omega Lock even come from?!

The thing about good humans appropriating Cybertronian tech, and Jack becoming one of... whatever Fowler is, are kinda interesting (if out of left field), but Prime's already got so much shit on its plate and only 5 episodes left (including that "movie") left I don't see how the show can really juggle it all now.



But I guess Megatron being honest (about... lying, uh?) Raf picking up on Ratchet's mannerisms are... something.
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2058
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby starscreamprime1010 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Motto: ""You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves..""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
starscreamprime1010 wrote:Did you even read the spoiler? I put it in spoiler tags because the spoiler isn't about THIS episode, it's a major spoiler for the episode in two weeks, which happens to be the finale ;)


I was more so referring to something a handful of participants of this thread were doing recently that I hadn't had a chance to properly address until now, and took advantage of the opportunity. It wasn't specifically about what was in your spoiler tags. Sorry for the confusion.


Aha, I see :) My bad.

But in retrospect, I agree with what you're saying about newly-aired episodes and discussions threads.
"Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate."
starscreamprime1010
Minibot
Posts: 119
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby viruscarnage » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Motto: "The fate of all our kind is more vital then that of anyone of us."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
PrymeStriker wrote:It kind of annoys me when people do this, primarily because I don't understand it. Why in the world would someone visit an official discussion page when a new episode they haven't watched airs knowing users will be discussing it in detail?That said, why do we bother with spoiler tags here? Personally, I avoid major discussion threads when new episodes air until I've seen it for myself and can participate in the predictable discussion.

Ya it annoys the crap out of me as well, the only time I find it necessary is if it the episode played in a foreign country like with BH episodes 1-3.
User avatar
viruscarnage
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 522
News Credits: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
PrymeStriker wrote:It kind of annoys me when people do this, primarily because I don't understand it. Why in the world would someone visit an official discussion page when a new episode they haven't watched airs knowing users will be discussing it in detail?That said, why do we bother with spoiler tags here? Personally, I avoid major discussion threads when new episodes air until I've seen it for myself and can participate in the predictable discussion.


Well, I remember my DVR messed up and didn't record Thirst after it aired, so I came into this thread, only skimming it to see if anyone posted a Youtube link. Of course, you went ahead and had major unmarked spoilers in bold at the beginning of your post making skimming the thread an impossible, wasted effort.

Thanks for that again, by the way.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28640
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Episode 63 -

Wow, Optimus is already down and beaten. And Predaking comes in to transform before him.

Holy--! Predaking has an "Arms Up!"-style arm cannon! Too bad the toys can't do that, though.

I don't know if it's just this video or not, but there's no theme song here. Just a series logo title card and credits a la the "Darkness Rising" pilot episodes.

Why did Magnus feel the need to enter the room in truck mode only to transform back to robot mode? Was he simply too big to fit through the door while the others weren't? If so, I guess that is a nice touch.

Magnus vs. Shockwave! Sa-weet!

Shockwave: "This is no place for a one-handed Autobot." - You're one to talk, Cannon-Hand.
Ultra Magnus: "I'll take one bum hand over one good eye, any day." - Oh, snap!

I knew that promo video from before took place within this episode's first act.

Is Wheeljack actually working on the Synth En formula in Ratchet's absence? Though, he does refer to it as "techno-babble", and he's clearly no scientist like his G1 self. But, as far as his skills as a mechanic, maybe he might be the one best to tackle the formula in Doc Bot's absence (even if he'd likely fair no better at it than Ratchet, no doubt finding it a whole lot more difficult than Ratchet did).

Jackie points out that maybe it's the "techno-babble" that the Cons want from Ratchet. Smoke wonders why, since the Cons already monopolize most of Earth's energon deposits, to which Bulkhead suggests mere greed. Optimus, however, surmises that it may be related to the plan to restore the Omega Lock.

Fowler points out that the Cons are now aware of the location of the Autobots' new base.

Since Ratchet hasn't completed the formula, the Cortical Psychic Patch yield no helpful info beyond that knowledge. Thus Megatron wants him to finish his work on it. He first tempts Ratchet with the prospect that doing will help restore the planet to life, but Ratchet refuses, knowing better than to trust, much less collaborate, with the barbarian who laid waste to the planet in the first place, and who sadistically crush Bumblebee's voicebox while looking him in the eye. Thus, Megatron turns to blackmail, threatening to harm Jack/Miko/Raf and destroy the Autobot base if Ratchet doesn't comply, since Soundwave knows the locations of each.

Naturally, regardless of what he just told Ratchet, Megatron orders Starscream to take his armada to go decimate the Bots' base "once again". Also, wrong use of the word "decimate", Megatron.

Oooh, this time the Air Force is going on the defense against the Jet Vehicon Generals. And all of their jets are the same VTOL models as Fowler's (and Skyquake and Dreadwing).

Starscream calls out "Hangar E" by name.

BOOM! Bye bye, Hangar E. But... the Autobots and Fowler weren't there.

Oh, that wasn't Hangar E. That was the Mess Hall--Hangar F--repainted with an E marking, while the real Hanger E got its "E" painted over to resemble an "F". Simple, but effective.

Also, that shot of the Autobots standing before the flames as Smokescreen says "Mess Hall sure is a mess," looks awesome! But, where's Bumblebee?

Megs shows off to Ratchet the Cons' Molecular Masking Field (the warship's cloaking device) and Energon Transfusion Capacitor (which makes their energon consumption more efficient).

Megatron tries tempting Ratchet once more, but this time fight's Ratchet's rebuttals with logic.

Raf's being used in a useful manner, since he's learned under Ratchet of how to read Cybertronian code.

Now Ratchet's tempted by a Quantum Cryo-Inducer. Only three were ever made.

Hey, Wheeljack's doing more mechanical stuff by helping Raf out.

Raf: *stutters like Ratchet and then says* "Miko, I needed that!"
Miko: "I was just trying to tighten up that thingamajig."
Raf: "Pfft! Puh-leaze!" - further proof that Raf should have become Ratchet's partner.

Fowler and Jack have a pretty good discussion about the close calls the humans have had with the Cons previously, how Cybertech like the Apex Armor could be very useful to the Armed Forces, and how Jack might be a good candidate for an agent on the front line with the rest of them. It's just an overall really good talk.

Fowler: "Custer's mustache!" - Yay! A new Fowlerism!

Raf called their new flying drone "Chip" (or maybe "CHIP").

Ratchet refers to the Omega Lock as a "mystic force". Probably safe to say that any Power Rangers references were unintentional.

Whoa. The Cons have the whole Omega Lock ring attached to the underside of their ship.

Despite his entire episode-long refusal to complete the formula, Ratchet has finally caved in... but notes that he knew Megatron already knew that Ratchet would eventually give in to his demands.

Wow. A VERY good episode. And one that was pretty mellow for the most part, even. This episode was calm, mostly a breather from the usually action pace. Things got discussed and fleshed out, characters and plot threads were explored, and it all just felt so meaningful. I am looking forward to seeing how the final two episodes play out.

Next week, Ratchet attempts an escape, and the Autobots roll to the rescue.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:I suggested many moons ago that Ratchet would "switch sides." It finally happened, though by the promo he's going to switch back.
"Being forced to/giving in to the demands of the enemy" =/= "switching allegiances".

PrymeStriker wrote:They named it Chip, not Chase.
I see what you did there. ;)

Noideaforaname wrote:And where the hell did that Omega Lock even come from?!
Shockwave said last episode that they have salvaged most of it. From where, specifically? Why, Cybertron, of course. ;)

Noideaforaname wrote:The thing about good humans appropriating Cybertronian tech, and Jack becoming one of... whatever Fowler is,
Unit:E.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:17 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I suggested many moons ago that Ratchet would "switch sides." It finally happened, though by the promo he's going to switch back.
"Being forced to/giving in to the demands of the enemy" =/= "switching allegiences"


Switching sides was in quotation marks. Didn't you just reinforce my point? :???:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby That Bot » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:40 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Regarding Shockwave's jab at Magnus, the difference between them is that Shockwave has a cannon for an arm, while Magnus has a prosthetic claw. Not that it matters, since Shockwave continues to be the worst shot in the galaxy. It may not have been a very logical thing to say (ironically), but I get the feeling he wasn't ready for a battle of wits.
Image
That Bot
Headmaster
Posts: 1001
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch That Bot on YouTube
Buy from That Bot on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:12 am

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
The copyright hawks are out again. Can't find it on the Youtubes.
Image

The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!

Dead Metal wrote:Dudes, he's Soundwave. The only reason he's even in the Shadowzone is because he was too lazy that day. The moment the Shadowzone starts boring him he'll just walk out of there - because he's Batman Soundwave.
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1083
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I suggested many moons ago that Ratchet would "switch sides." It finally happened, though by the promo he's going to switch back.
"Being forced to/giving in to the demands of the enemy" =/= "switching allegiences"


Switching sides was in quotation marks. Didn't you just reinforce my point? :???:



I guess the Decepticons haven't yet invented shell programs. That's the only way Ratchet would really do what Megatron wanted.

I'm willing to bet that in his initial "cooperation" he sabotages some of the 'Cons work, or at least obtains data for the Autobots' inevitable offensive.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1014
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:04 am

Ratchet's decision could be pivotal from a long term strategical standpoint, but it's a mess in the short term. I'm interested to see how this unfolds though as I see 3 options for him. First he can complete the formula and give it to the cons with the hope that the bots intervene. Second he can complete the formula and try and escape with his knowledge. Third he could sabotage and delay while awaiting rescue or death.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:14 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I suggested many moons ago that Ratchet would "switch sides." It finally happened, though by the promo he's going to switch back.
"Being forced to/giving in to the demands of the enemy" =/= "switching allegiences"


Switching sides was in quotation marks. Didn't you just reinforce my point? :???:
Someone could take what you said seriously. Just clarifying that he isn't actually jumping ship for real. ;)

That Bot wrote:Regarding Shockwave's jab at Magnus, the difference between them is that Shockwave has a cannon for an arm, while Magnus has a prosthetic claw.
So? Shockwave's cannon arm replaced his original arm after Grimlock bit and tore it off, just as Magnus's claw replaced his old hand.

Twitchythe3rd wrote:The copyright hawks are out again. Can't find it on the Youtubes.
Here you go - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11ujg2_tfprimes-persuasions_shortfilms#.UeDQukHOsW4
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:25 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:Ratchet's decision could be pivotal from a long term strategical standpoint, but it's a mess in the short term. I'm interested to see how this unfolds though as I see 3 options for him. First he can complete the formula and give it to the cons with the hope that the bots intervene. Second he can complete the formula and try and escape with his knowledge. Third he could sabotage and delay while awaiting rescue or death.

Or complete it and use it on himself to turn into Roid Rage Ratchet, like back in TMI, and try to make a run for it with a sample, while leaving a nasty surprise for the Decepticons.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13483
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 am

Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:Ratchet's decision could be pivotal from a long term strategical standpoint, but it's a mess in the short term. I'm interested to see how this unfolds though as I see 3 options for him. First he can complete the formula and give it to the cons with the hope that the bots intervene. Second he can complete the formula and try and escape with his knowledge. Third he could sabotage and delay while awaiting rescue or death.

Or complete it and use it on himself to turn into Roid Rage Ratchet, like back in TMI, and try to make a run for it with a sample, while leaving a nasty surprise for the Decepticons.


Doesn't that fall under option 2 :grin:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:Ratchet's decision could be pivotal from a long term strategical standpoint, but it's a mess in the short term. I'm interested to see how this unfolds though as I see 3 options for him. First he can complete the formula and give it to the cons with the hope that the bots intervene. Second he can complete the formula and try and escape with his knowledge. Third he could sabotage and delay while awaiting rescue or death.

Or complete it and use it on himself to turn into Roid Rage Ratchet, like back in TMI, and try to make a run for it with a sample, while leaving a nasty surprise for the Decepticons.


Doesn't that fall under option 2 :grin:

Yea kinda, I just really wanted to write Roid Rage Ratchet, it's the three "Rs" :P
Plus it kinda sounds like a pointless repaint ala the Movie Bumblebee line.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13483
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 am

Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
njb902 wrote:Ratchet's decision could be pivotal from a long term strategical standpoint, but it's a mess in the short term. I'm interested to see how this unfolds though as I see 3 options for him. First he can complete the formula and give it to the cons with the hope that the bots intervene. Second he can complete the formula and try and escape with his knowledge. Third he could sabotage and delay while awaiting rescue or death.

Or complete it and use it on himself to turn into Roid Rage Ratchet, like back in TMI, and try to make a run for it with a sample, while leaving a nasty surprise for the Decepticons.


Doesn't that fall under option 2 :grin:

Yea kinda, I just really wanted to write Roid Rage Ratchet, it's the three "Rs" :P
Plus it kinda sounds like a pointless repaint ala the Movie Bumblebee line.


HA! That's funny.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby chaosmage42 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
though as i see it the final battle will be for control of the nemisis -which actually is a viable option for the bots -the cons have lost a lot of troops -given they had a finite number to begin with its possible between just regular battles and massive explosions and the loses during the thirst and the lost of the insecticons that the cons are starting to run low on man power at this point -it would not be impossible for the bots to take the nemisis intact and use the omega lock on cybertron --plus the space bridge is also a possible they could shoot a beam right through it to cybertron and fix the world from earth -hopefully cybertron will be repaired -also another possible is that there will be a fight on the nemisis and prime will grab the star saber from the room which it is the only item now stored there since aracnid and the forge are gone
chaosmage42
Minibot
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 pm
Watch chaosmage42 on YouTube
Buy from chaosmage42 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:50 am

Great episode. Shockwave vs Magnus is a good match, and Ratchet and Megatrons discussions were good. I agree about the lameness of the base thing though. You would definitely think they would use coordinate and not actually be looking for a letter e, especially when they could blow up the whole thing. Would've been better if fowler had shown them an underground section or something that they didn't know about, like some kind of bunker that they hid under.

I also actually enjoyed Raf, and his "yip yip yip" thing, made me laugh.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:56 am

I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 am

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.


I don't see her staying on that moon. It's just speculation anyways.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.


I don't see her staying on that moon. It's just speculation anyways.
True. Though, it's possible the Beast hunters comic might have their own plans for her. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.


I don't see her staying on that moon. It's just speculation anyways.
True. Though, it's possible the Beast hunters comic might have their own plans for her. ;)


I don't see why they couldn't feed each other.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.


I don't see her staying on that moon. It's just speculation anyways.
True. Though, it's possible the Beast hunters comic might have their own plans for her. ;)


I don't see why they couldn't feed each other.
Unless the comics plan to use her in a way that would interfere with the cartoon's story.

The way I see it, her fate in "Thirst" looked kinda like an attempt to write her out of the show without having to kill her off, so that future/external media could make their own use of her.

But, who knows what either the comics or cartoon have in store for her. We'll see.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14967
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:I just had a thought. What if during the predacons rising events airachnid infects 5 predacons and bestows upon them the ability to combine. That way we get 5 preds who are actually terrorcons to for abominus.
That's only if the Preds actually make it back to Cybertron(or even to its moon). Suppose the movie keeps them confined to Earth.


I don't see her staying on that moon. It's just speculation anyways.
True. Though, it's possible the Beast hunters comic might have their own plans for her. ;)


I don't see why they couldn't feed each other.
Unless the comics plan to use her in a way that would interfere with the cartoon's story.

The way I see it, her fate in "Thirst" looked kinda like an attempt to write her out of the show without having to kill her off, so that future/external media could make their own use of her.

But, who knows what either the comics or cartoon have in store for her. We'll see.


That's the point of speculation :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014