Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Shadowman wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:And about Medics in this universe... Isn't this ridicilous that both doctors in this universe don't have any kind of long rage weapons.


That's because doctors aren't warriors. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that. How many times in real life have you seen doctors run around with weapons, getting into shootouts?
Actually, Ratchet is both medic AND warrior. And yet, after leaving Cybertron, nobody cares enough to even give him a proper gun. And we both know, that in this universe lack of long rage attacks could be fatal...
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:44 pm

TurboMMaster wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:And about Medics in this universe... Isn't this ridicilous that both doctors in this universe don't have any kind of long rage weapons.


That's because doctors aren't warriors. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that. How many times in real life have you seen doctors run around with weapons, getting into shootouts?
Actually, Ratchet is both medic AND warrior. And yet, after leaving Cybertron, nobody cares enough to even give him a proper gun. And we both know, that in this universe lack of long rage attacks could be fatal...


It might have been Ratchet's choice, there is a long history of medics refusing to carry arms. Do we know if Ratchet's arm blades are medical in nature, and can just be used as weapons, or are they actually straight up weapons?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TurboMMaster wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:And about Medics in this universe... Isn't this ridicilous that both doctors in this universe don't have any kind of long rage weapons.


That's because doctors aren't warriors. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that. How many times in real life have you seen doctors run around with weapons, getting into shootouts?
Actually, Ratchet is both medic AND warrior. And yet, after leaving Cybertron, nobody cares enough to even give him a proper gun. And we both know, that in this universe lack of long rage attacks could be fatal...


He barely ever goes out in the field anyway, why would he need a gun?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TurboMMaster wrote:Knock Out from the other hand is entirely useless.


Yep. I can see how he is entirely useless when he helped save Bumblebee in Predacons Rising. Or that time when he zapped the hell out of Optimus while Soundwave secured the Energon Harvester? Maybe the time he beat Bumblebee and Arcee to get one of the Omega Keys.

He's done absolutely nothing, though.

don't have any kind of long rage weapons


He's had an energon prod since season one that fires lasers. Where have you been?

and also, is acting like a ******...


That's a very derogatory term to use, don't you think?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5410
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Knock Out: 1
Optimus: zip

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16936
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby njb902 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 am

Sabrblade wrote:Knock Out: 1
Optimus: zip

Image


That really brings out the colour in his optics.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Knock Out: 1
Optimus: zip

Image


That really brings out the colour in his optics.

It does, it really brings out his sparkles too.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
PrymeStriker wrote:Yep. I can see how he is entirely useless when he helped save Bumblebee in Predacons Rising.
Yeah, with hitting Starscream from the back, and with price of extremly usefull device...
PrymeStriker wrote:. Or that time when he zapped the hell out of Optimus while Soundwave secured the Energon Harvester?
With Breakdown's help...
PrymeStriker wrote:Maybe the time he beat Bumblebee and Arcee to get one of the Omega Keys.
With Decepticons unique weapon of mass destruction...
PrymeStriker wrote:He's had an energon prod since season one that fires lasers. Where have you been?
The same that failed to keep Breakdown at bay in Thirst?. Yeah, it is a perfect weapon if you don't wanna encouter enemy directly...
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TurboMMaster wrote:Yeah, with hitting Starscream from the back, and with price of extremly usefull device...


It saved Bumblebee's life. Whether or not what he did was simple or a blow to the cause (which didn't affect the outcome anyway) is irrelevant, because had Knock Out not done that, Bumblebee would have endured a "living death." Then, Starscream likely would've just blown him and every other Autobot on that ship up anyway.

With Breakdown's help...


Breakdown fended off other Autobots. Knock Out would have been able to take Optimus on his own had the others not have been there to outnumber him, which is a feat in itself.

PrymeStriker wrote:Maybe the time he beat Bumblebee and Arcee to get one of the Omega Keys.
With Decepticons unique weapon of mass destruction...


That's not the point. His Omega Key capture helped the Decepticon cause, making him important.

I guess Optimus' capture of Unicron and the saving of Cybertron is worthy of belittling because he used a powerful container from the ancients, or the comatose of Unicron that saved Earth because he used a holy relic of wisdom in his chest. >:oP

The same that failed to keep Breakdown at bay in Thirst?. Yeah, it is a perfect weapon if you don't wanna encouter enemy directly...


:BANG_HEAD:

You said he didn't have any kind of long rage weapon. I merely said that he did. Whether or not he failed to use it correctly a whole 50+ episodes later is irrelevant to what I disproved of you.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5410
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:13 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
PrymeStriker wrote:Breakdown fended off other Autobots. Knock Out would have been able to take Optimus on his own had the others not have been there to outnumber him, which is a feat in itself.
Breakdown send big missile in Museum's direction, Optimus must dodge it AND save Kids and innocent humans in it. Good distraction you know... And later, when battle goes on, Optimus sended KO into air using something, that supposed to be a dodge...
PrymeStriker wrote:I guess Optimus' capture of Unicron and the saving of Cybertron is worthy of belittling because he used a powerful container from the ancients
This is a prove that Prime is cunning.
PrymeStriker wrote:or the comatose of Unicron that saved Earth because he used a holy relic of wisdom in his chest.
Optimus Prime's unique ability.
PrymeStriker wrote:You said he didn't have any kind of long rage weapon. I merely said that he did.
It is still arguable did he's Prod should be classified as a long range weapon. For me not, because you still encouter enemy directly, only a little directly less....
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:42 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
TurboMMaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Yep. I can see how he is entirely useless when he helped save Bumblebee in Predacons Rising.
Yeah, with hitting Starscream from the back


Didn't you say cheap shots and sneak attacks made Starscream a better fighter? But when Knock Out does it, it makes him lame.

TurboMMaster wrote:and with price of extremly usefull device...


That just a minute before, he was told was just a piece of junk.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TurboMMaster wrote:Breakdown send big missile in Museum's direction, Optimus must dodge it AND save Kids and innocent humans in it. Good distraction you know... And later, when battle goes on, Optimus sended KO into air using something, that supposed to be a dodge...


A small aid. Most of the work was done by Knock Out.

This is a prove that Prime is cunning.


So? He used an overpowered device like Knock Out. It seems like you're saying everyone else can make cheap shots or use overpowered tools and be awesome, but when Knock Out does it, it's not okay and makes him a useless Decepticon (and later Autobot).

Optimus Prime's unique ability.


The same above applies here. Though, it's not all that unique when you consider the Primes that came before him.


It is still arguable did he's Prod should be classified as a long range weapon.


If it shoots, it's a projectile weapon.

A rifle can be used as a melee weapon. Does that mean it's up for debate whether or not it's for shootin'?

For me not, because you still encouter enemy directly, only a little directly less....


Only a little directly less?

Please explain to me what this means. It's honestly gibberish.

You can encounter an enemy directly with most, if not any, projectile weapon. That argument is nonviable.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5410
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:40 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
PrymeStriker wrote:A small aid. Most of the work was done by Knock Out.
Yet anything KO was able to do, was because Prime was distracted by at least a while, in such dynamic fight moment is a very long period of time.
PrymeStriker wrote:So? He used an overpowered device like Knock Out.
In very unorthodox way. Don't say that using pot to capture a deity with no clue that this is possible == beating two Autobots using element of suprise AND one of the most powerfull weapons in this series.

PrymeStriker wrote:The same above applies here.
Resonance Blaster isn't Knock Out's own weapon, so no. I think that even Vechicon could do that with such kind of equipment.

PrymeStriker wrote:If it shoots, it's a projectile weapon.
And where Knock Out's Prod shoots? To be honest, I don't remember...
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TurboMMaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:So? He used an overpowered device like Knock Out.
In very unorthodox way. Don't say that using pot to capture a deity with no clue that this is possible == beating two Autobots using element of suprise AND one of the most powerfull weapons in this series.


Optimus used the element of surprise on Unicron. Knock Out used the element of surprise to defeat the Autobots. Both knew how to use the device they were given effectively to their advantage. How is that any different?

I think that even Vechicon could do that with such kind of equipment.


:lol: That is an insult to every fighter in this series.

And where Knock Out's Prod shoots? To be honest, I don't remember...


In "Orion Pax, Part 1."
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5410
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
PrymeStriker wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:So? He used an overpowered device like Knock Out.
In very unorthodox way. Don't say that using pot to capture a deity with no clue that this is possible == beating two Autobots using element of suprise AND one of the most powerfull weapons in this series.


Optimus used the element of surprise on Unicron. Knock Out used the element of surprise to defeat the Autobots. Both knew how to use the device they were given effectively to their advantage. How is that any different?
Different kinf of opponent, different kind of device... It is like comparing killing child with Bazooka and kiling soldier with bubble gum.


In "Orion Pax, Part 1."
I remember, that in "Crossfire" Breakdowns canon shoots lasers instead of missiles. In this case it could be the same way. Either someone forgot about that or it was a one timed retcon.
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:41 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TurboMMaster wrote:It is like comparing killing child with Bazooka and kiling soldier with bubble gum.


Just posts before you said that the Resonance Blaster was one of the most powerful weapons in the series. And the artifact that contained the AllSpark has got to be one powerful trinket to have survived thousands of years of plasma storms and asteroid collision and not have a crack on it.

How are either of these as significant as killing a soldier with bubble gum?

I remember, that in "Crossfire" Breakdowns canon shoots lasers instead of missiles. In this case it could be the same way. Either someone forgot about that or it was a one timed retcon.


So, now weapons can't have a dual function?
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5410
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby kaijuguy19 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:And this is why Bulkhead was able to beat both Lugnut and Shockwave, this is why Optimus onwed Megatron is final fight so easily?

For me, Decepticons in Animates last that long only becuase of Prime's Team lack of combat experience and general lack of Elite Guard considering Decepticons seriously.
Animated also made it a point to show the Autobots getting better at fighting Decepticons gradually over time. By the season 1 finale, they had gotten a better hang of combating Decepticons--except for Megatron, who was freshly rebuilt to full power and so still a major obstacle for them at the time. Bulkhead and Optimus had each gotten much stronger over time and so could hold their own much better than they could when they first fought the Cons.

Plus, the final fight had Optimus armed with the all powerful Magnus Hammer, which further helped to put him on even footing with Megatron. And, unlike Optimus, Megatron had gotten caught in the explosion of the lugnut Supreme, and had thusly been greatly weakened by it.


I would like to add that in Animated the main Autobot team where just a maintenance crew, the only ones with actual combat abilities where Ratchet (old ass retired cranky medic), Prowl (loner, completely unable to work in a team), and Optimus (never finished trianing and zero actual combat experience). While the Decepticons they encountered (save for the ones created during the show), where all long-time combat proven warriors.
This is like construction workers armed with only their equipment going up against a team of marines armed to the teeth.


kaijuguy19 wrote:Do any of you guys find the Prime style to be very derrivitive and unimaginative? Some people I've heard at some sites say that too many characters have the samey proportions and samey design cues with samey faces that are badly animated. Like Optimus and Bee being largely inspired by the movies but in hindsight did nothing to make them stand out from the past versions if not better.

Also the same people gripe about the transformation shcemes not being unqiue to each characer in the slightest like, nobody started arms first, legs last or legs first, torso and arms last. They just exploded apart and reformed with no sense of weight or flow like they never transform at all with no sense of countinuity making the gimmick of the brand unimpressive in the long run.

I know this has to do with personal opinions and all and let's face it we all have different tastes in style. It's just some of these complaints are somehow valid like with Optimus,Bee and Megatron being largely inspired by the movies though at the same time we have characters like Arcee,Soundwave and Breakdown not being like their G1 counterparts.

Nope, I think the style is one of the high points of the show.
True Megatron, Optimus and Bee are very similar to their movie incarnations, however each design is still kinda unique and perfect for the character.

Megatron however, looks more like a mixture of Animated pre-Earth Megatron and G1 Megatron, and if you really look at the design you'll notice how his body is perfectly suited for hand-to-hand combat:
  • Powerful arms (Movie Megatron is known for his comically crappy arms) perfect for punching and ripping enemies from limb to limb
  • His fingers each miss a piece, so instead of having fingers like us that are made up of three pieces and joints, his are made up off two pieces and joints, and one of those pieces are literately just spikes to dig into an enemy and ripp him apart
  • His front is heavily armored, while his back has the bulk of exposed joints and gaps for movement.
  • The "twisted" more "evil" versions of G1 Megatron features, like the sides of his stomach, his legs looking like gun handles, etc
And what's that about everyone transforming the same? That kinda reads like you don't like it that they just transform without having an incredibly silly 5 minute long transformation scene in order to fill out the run time of each episode and save on animation costs.


I actually don't mind how they transform on the show. It's just that some people have a problem with it because they think they don't each have a unqie and different way of transforming.

Another complaint I've read is that the designs don't have a lot of the robot aspect in them makking them evoke the imagery of a bunch of poorly-dressed people with bad skin that don't have their character repsented well in it. not as sleek as Animated nor as detailed as the movies. People often say that it's a style that plays it too safe and is bland compaired to the Animated and Movie styles which they feel did a much better job at their respective styles .
In short most of them are saying that the Prime style commits a crime of being bland,boring.playing it safe.not having any visual variety just to name a few.
User avatar
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
I quess Prime's tranformation is so simple because after Energon, Cybertron and even partialy Animated they decidied to try to avoid too much sequences played one-after-the-other. Transformers Go! proves that they were right...

Actually, I think that Prime is detailed enough (remember, that in Animated transformers are "naked" in term of details.), and we don't need a impresive animation of transformation if we have impressive animation of fighting.
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wait, are they actually complaining that the transformations are exactly as they should normally be instead of drawn out anime-styled stock transformation sequences that take up an extra thirty second to a minute? Are they seriously complaining about a lack of filler padding?!!
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16936
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby VirusCarnage » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, are they actually complaining that the transformations are exactly as they should normally be instead of drawn out anime-styled stock transformation sequences that take up an extra thirty second to a minute? Are they seriously complaining about a lack of filler padding?!!

It sure seems that way, I for one don't like those long 1 minute transformation sequences, a part of way I liked Prime the best of any series.
User avatar
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
News Credits: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:And this is why Bulkhead was able to beat both Lugnut and Shockwave, this is why Optimus onwed Megatron is final fight so easily?

For me, Decepticons in Animates last that long only becuase of Prime's Team lack of combat experience and general lack of Elite Guard considering Decepticons seriously.
Animated also made it a point to show the Autobots getting better at fighting Decepticons gradually over time. By the season 1 finale, they had gotten a better hang of combating Decepticons--except for Megatron, who was freshly rebuilt to full power and so still a major obstacle for them at the time. Bulkhead and Optimus had each gotten much stronger over time and so could hold their own much better than they could when they first fought the Cons.

Plus, the final fight had Optimus armed with the all powerful Magnus Hammer, which further helped to put him on even footing with Megatron. And, unlike Optimus, Megatron had gotten caught in the explosion of the lugnut Supreme, and had thusly been greatly weakened by it.


I would like to add that in Animated the main Autobot team where just a maintenance crew, the only ones with actual combat abilities where Ratchet (old ass retired cranky medic), Prowl (loner, completely unable to work in a team), and Optimus (never finished trianing and zero actual combat experience). While the Decepticons they encountered (save for the ones created during the show), where all long-time combat proven warriors.
This is like construction workers armed with only their equipment going up against a team of marines armed to the teeth.


kaijuguy19 wrote:Do any of you guys find the Prime style to be very derrivitive and unimaginative? Some people I've heard at some sites say that too many characters have the samey proportions and samey design cues with samey faces that are badly animated. Like Optimus and Bee being largely inspired by the movies but in hindsight did nothing to make them stand out from the past versions if not better.

Also the same people gripe about the transformation shcemes not being unqiue to each characer in the slightest like, nobody started arms first, legs last or legs first, torso and arms last. They just exploded apart and reformed with no sense of weight or flow like they never transform at all with no sense of countinuity making the gimmick of the brand unimpressive in the long run.

I know this has to do with personal opinions and all and let's face it we all have different tastes in style. It's just some of these complaints are somehow valid like with Optimus,Bee and Megatron being largely inspired by the movies though at the same time we have characters like Arcee,Soundwave and Breakdown not being like their G1 counterparts.

Nope, I think the style is one of the high points of the show.
True Megatron, Optimus and Bee are very similar to their movie incarnations, however each design is still kinda unique and perfect for the character.

Megatron however, looks more like a mixture of Animated pre-Earth Megatron and G1 Megatron, and if you really look at the design you'll notice how his body is perfectly suited for hand-to-hand combat:
  • Powerful arms (Movie Megatron is known for his comically crappy arms) perfect for punching and ripping enemies from limb to limb
  • His fingers each miss a piece, so instead of having fingers like us that are made up of three pieces and joints, his are made up off two pieces and joints, and one of those pieces are literately just spikes to dig into an enemy and ripp him apart
  • His front is heavily armored, while his back has the bulk of exposed joints and gaps for movement.
  • The "twisted" more "evil" versions of G1 Megatron features, like the sides of his stomach, his legs looking like gun handles, etc
And what's that about everyone transforming the same? That kinda reads like you don't like it that they just transform without having an incredibly silly 5 minute long transformation scene in order to fill out the run time of each episode and save on animation costs.


I actually don't mind how they transform on the show. It's just that some people have a problem with it because they think they don't each have a unqie and different way of transforming.

But they do.
Another complaint I've read is that the designs don't have a lot of the robot aspect in them makking them evoke the imagery of a bunch of poorly-dressed people with bad skin that don't have their character repsented well in it. not as sleek as Animated nor as detailed as the movies. People often say that it's a style that plays it too safe and is bland compaired to the Animated and Movie styles which they feel did a much better job at their respective styles .
In short most of them are saying that the Prime style commits a crime of being bland,boring.playing it safe.not having any visual variety just to name a few.

That's what makes them so good, they're a mix of Animated and Movie, they are sleek and organic looking, while having just enough detail and moving parts to still look like machines. The hilarious thing is, most of those people probably think that the Marvel G1 comics are the best incarnation ever, the one where the artists decided to let the robots look like people in costumes.

The style took some getting used to, but after a while I really got to appreciate it giving me not only the details and complexity I craved in robots, but also the sleekness of Animated, it's fantastic.

Especially when you look at it and realize these are designed to be robots that turn into vehicles and not the other way around like the movies do.

Afterall the whole concept here is that they are organisms like humans, just made of metal. Plus it's supposed to the the TF version of a "Prime" universe, as in the original universe from which all other universes branch off from. Which explains why Optimus and BB look so much like their Movie counterparts, and Bulkhead like his Animated self.

But what they ignore is the original design work on guys like Soundwave and Predaking.

Sabrblade wrote:Wait, are they actually complaining that the transformations are exactly as they should normally be instead of drawn out anime-styled stock transformation sequences that take up an extra thirty second to a minute? Are they seriously complaining about a lack of filler padding?!!

Freaking weaboos, that's who.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
It sounds to me like these people never watched or don't remember G1 or the Beast Era that well, since all of those had transformations like the ones we see here in Prime.

They need to realize that the drawn-out anime-styled sequences are not the standard norm for onscreen transformations in all TF cartoons.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16936
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:It sounds to me like these people never watched or don't remember G1 or the Beast Era that well, since all of those had transformations like the ones we see here in Prime.

They need to realize that the drawn-out anime-styled sequences are not the standard norm for onscreen transformations in all TF cartoons.

They'll realize that the same day they realize that the original G1 cartoon wasn't anime, which is incidentally the day Godzilla is revealed to be a series of documentaries.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It sounds to me like these people never watched or don't remember G1 or the Beast Era that well, since all of those had transformations like the ones we see here in Prime.

They need to realize that the drawn-out anime-styled sequences are not the standard norm for onscreen transformations in all TF cartoons.

They'll realize that the same day they realize that the original G1 cartoon wasn't anime, which is incidentally the day Godzilla is revealed to be a series of documentaries.
It's isn't!? :shock:

:P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16936
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby kaijuguy19 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Wait, are they actually complaining that the transformations are exactly as they should normally be instead of drawn out anime-styled stock transformation sequences that take up an extra thirty second to a minute? Are they seriously complaining about a lack of filler padding?!!


Actually it was more about the transformation sequences not being detailed enough like a character's arms pop out or in during transformation while the other starts transformation by the legs first like how we saw in Beast Wars while in Prime they seem to explode for a minute during transformation. One of the people I saw talking about it in one of his posts said that they just explode apart and reformed with no sense of weight or flow and that no matter who they were, everyone transformed with the same fast-paced jittery movement of parts, with no varying schemes and that they don't look like they can transform at all due to how some of the vehicle placements in their robot mode were placed like with Ratchet's doors on his chest for example.
Dead Metal wrote:
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Another complaint I've read is that the designs don't have a lot of the robot aspect in them makking them evoke the imagery of a bunch of poorly-dressed people with bad skin that don't have their character repsented well in it. not as sleek as Animated nor as detailed as the movies. People often say that it's a style that plays it too safe and is bland compaired to the Animated and Movie styles which they feel did a much better job at their respective styles .
In short most of them are saying that the Prime style commits a crime of being bland,boring.playing it safe.not having any visual variety just to name a few.

That's what makes them so good, they're a mix of Animated and Movie, they are sleek and organic looking, while having just enough detail and moving parts to still look like machines. The hilarious thing is, most of those people probably think that the Marvel G1 comics are the best incarnation ever, the one where the artists decided to let the robots look like people in costumes.

The style took some getting used to, but after a while I really got to appreciate it giving me not only the details and complexity I craved in robots, but also the sleekness of Animated, it's fantastic.

Especially when you look at it and realize these are designed to be robots that turn into vehicles and not the other way around like the movies do.

Afterall the whole concept here is that they are organisms like humans, just made of metal. Plus it's supposed to the the TF version of a "Prime" universe, as in the original universe from which all other universes branch off from. Which explains why Optimus and BB look so much like their Movie counterparts, and Bulkhead like his Animated self.

But what they ignore is the original design work on guys like Soundwave and Predaking.


The thing is though is that some of the guys I was talking too actually don't like G1 at all. Most of them are big fans of BW,TFA and MTMTE and some of the ones I know are very critical about Prime in almost everything about it and in the case of the designs they say Prime is very much just layers of sharp panels with little actual "robot" looking details which really stands out since it's CGI and that there's nothing new or characterful about them with random spikes and rounded armour on them that takes a lot of steps backwards when it comes to doing designs as a whole. They even said that there's no telling certain characters like Arcee and Knockout if they were Autobot or Decepticon too. Some say they look too similer as a result resulting in a bland asthetic.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong in their opinions. It's just it's something I'm thinking about now that the show's over and has me looking back at it for some time now. Though in a way you make a good point about the Wildman designs for the characters for Marvel back in the day who looked way more like humans. lol
User avatar
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum