The Official Wii Friend Code Thread

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:41 pm

i did that, and it worked great. then when my sister got her wireless router up again, my cable wouldnt work. at least i got my money back :? .
Image
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8005
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: in the zoo, running it

Postby Marty Rocket » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:31 am

This is going to sound completely stupid, but where is the Wii Friend Code? On the console, or with the paper work in the box? :? If somebody could reply here and let me know, I'll post it since I'd like to try playing with my Wii online with you great folks.
User avatar
Marty Rocket
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:25 am

Postby Counterpunch » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:25 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Optimus Convoy wrote:This is going to sound completely stupid, but where is the Wii Friend Code? On the console, or with the paper work in the box? :? If somebody could reply here and let me know, I'll post it since I'd like to try playing with my Wii online with you great folks.


Go to your Address Book in the Wii menus. It's under the send message option on the Channel Page.

Your code is stated there.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15720
News Credits: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby The Happy Locust » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:23 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Counterpunch wrote:
Optimus Convoy wrote:This is going to sound completely stupid, but where is the Wii Friend Code? On the console, or with the paper work in the box? :? If somebody could reply here and let me know, I'll post it since I'd like to try playing with my Wii online with you great folks.


Go to your Address Book in the Wii menus. It's under the send message option on the Channel Page.

Your code is stated there.


He shouldn't feel too bad. It took me a few minutes to find mine. They really should find something more intuitive than a 16-digit code
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Postby Homer » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Interesting. My wife just got me a Wii for our first anniversary. I haven't hooked it up online yet though, which I will be fiddling with tonight.

I have a Belkin wireless router, is it a pain in the ass to get the Wii online, or is it fairly schmuck proof?
Image
Homer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:39 pm

Postby The Happy Locust » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:26 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Homer Jay wrote:Interesting. My wife just got me a Wii for our first anniversary. I haven't hooked it up online yet though, which I will be fiddling with tonight.

I have a Belkin wireless router, is it a pain in the ass to get the Wii online, or is it fairly schmuck proof?


the actual process is fairly schmuck proof. The wii handles most of the connection issues as long as you give it the password info (if any) for the router. The problem is actually getting the Wii to see and connect to the router in the first place.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Postby Homer » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:33 pm

The Happy Locust wrote:The problem is actually getting the Wii to see and connect to the router in the first place.


I definitely am not tech savvy - how would this be a problem?

EDIT: After messing with it, I got my Wii connected. However, after you go through the process getting it online, it updates immediately.

It has been updating for about 20 minutes now and has not progressed any further at all. My router is working fine as I am currently using a laptop in my living room to type this.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.


edit #2: I finally got it connected, and see why this can be a pain in the ass. All is well though, thanks again Locust :grin:
Image
Homer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:39 pm


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1988 OVERLORD TANK leg section powermaster masterforce hasbro - Time Remaining: 12 days 17 hours 34 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD scanner radar powermaster - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 22 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD missile pod launcher radar (broken) - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 23 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER 30TH ANNIVERSARY MAXIMALS RHINOX #5 - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 38 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER 30TH ANNIVERSARY AUTOBOT BRAINSTORM #9 - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 23 minutes 45 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 Megatron Decepticons Commander G1 - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 26 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers G1 1990 hasbro SILVERBOLT figure superion classic GREAT - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 42 minutes 55 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers MasterPiece MP 19 Smokescreen Nissan Fairlady Z Genuine - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 17 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016