Related to this topic:fixing-split-rubber-tires-t89130.php
Given that this problem is prevalent since G1 and bleeding over to most of the Japanese releases (so in a sense mix blessing for recent releases without rubber tires)
Just giving y'all a heads up after inspecting my display pieces.
For those who own (including the most recent releases of the G1 seeker molds) GET your rubber/plastic protecting items ( I use an item mentioned in the previous topic) in high gear. Their nose cones are like, sticky, leaving finger prints like consistency. Treat them NOW!
2. G1 Shockwave 'nuff said.
3. The "Big Convoy" mold, do take care of his trunk. For those who are planning to get the limited Ultra Magnus version, well you know what to do 'cause mine has the same sticky feel to it (mine btw is the Japanese Big Convoy)
4. MP Convoy.No signs yet but given how touch and go the QC was on the subsequent re-issues.
5. BInaltech/Alternity/Kiss Players/Alternators..........how I love/hate rubber
6.The penny racers.
7. Encore and G1 cars (include the 1986 Autobots) Wreck-gar, Hotspot and Optimus Prime/UM too. Don't forget the rubber tire version of Metroflex
8. Powered masters (and Star Convoy too(especially the re-issue)
9. RID Fire Convoy and God Magnus (especially the international versions).
Again, this is just a heads up not do I endorse or get any monetary benefits from a particular brand of rubber protector, just personal on hand experience. You may find alternatives too and follow the manufacturers' instructions to protect your prized pieces. And noticed that it (the whitening effect on the rubber tires is more noticeable on the recent issues (2001 up)
Btw, to any chemists out there (calling Counterpunch,iirc your wife is a chemist) the primary contents of the product I use are the following:
"water, PDMS, diethylene glycol, glycerin, and various other chemical compounds"
Can you inquire from your wife if these items are good for rubber?
My Transformers purchasing habits, here are my following considerations so as not to DERAIL thread discussions:
1. Not hung up or hate scale. MP, Legend, Voyager....I'll take 'em all.
2. Price is indeed a big factor but if its a need to own one even if I have to eat "Scooby Snacks " for a month then so be it.
3. I tilt towards Tomy products over Hasbro because it's got lots'a bling (Legends Jetfire being the exception)