Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Pokémon Discussion Thread

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby #Sideways# » Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Shadowman wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:I would love to see a Pokemon MMORPG, but I doubt very seriously they would put every single region into it. If they did, it would be another STO. High priced disk and a high priced subscription.


Lemme guess, $60 for the disk, $15 a month for subscriptions? That's not high priced, that's average. Plus, STO (I'm assuming you mean Star Trek Online) is free-to-play so, yeah.


It wasn't always like that. It seems they lowered their prices by a long shot.

What Star Trek Online's original prices were, was $50 for the Disk, then $30 monthly annual fee and about $200 for the yearly and about $400 lifetime subscription.*

*All of these are approximates. They could be lower or higher. I am pulling this from memory.

Shadowman wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:Anyway, does this mean that the first town you start in will not have a Professor Lab? The Professor Lab is in Nuvuema (I don't know how to spell it) Town, and that town is frozen!


It's not unheard of, the starting town in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum didn't have a Professor Lab.


Forgot about DPPT. #-o

Shadowman wrote:
#Sideways# wrote:Whoa. Does anyone know what the heck they are saying?


Well, it's Pokemon. I suppose they're talking about the kinds of things you'd usually hear in the anime. Gonna defeat you, you'll never win, holy hell why did your Emboar just try to set me on fire, that kind of thing.


Yeah, I suppose.

"BAWW SHNAP! EMBOARZ A FIRIN' HIZ L@Z0R!!!"
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby BeastProwl » Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Those new forms look like they fused with that legendary ice dragon pokemon. Possible? I mean, Iv'e never known a legendary to evolve before, but to fuse together into a greater form? I can see that.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
BeastProwl wrote:Those new forms look like they fused with that legendary ice dragon pokemon. Possible? I mean, Iv'e never known a legendary to evolve before, but to fuse together into a greater form? I can see that.


The reason they both look like Kyurem is because they both are Kyurem. Just different variations. Apparently it has something to do with receiving power from Reshiram and Zekrom but nothing's really been confirmed yet.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby BeastProwl » Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
They sort of hinted at that in the last game didnt they? Like "He had awesome power, but his shell cracked, and his body froze..." Or something to that level.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby #Sideways# » Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Shadowman wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Those new forms look like they fused with that legendary ice dragon pokemon. Possible? I mean, Iv'e never known a legendary to evolve before, but to fuse together into a greater form? I can see that.


The reason they both look like Kyurem is because they both are Kyurem. Just different variations. Apparently it has something to do with receiving power from Reshiram and Zekrom but nothing's really been confirmed yet.


Notice in Black 2 it has Zekrom and in White 2 it has Reshiram. In Black, N has Zekrom/Reshiram and later escapes with it for lands unseen. Could what was left of Plasma or perhaps even Team Rocket done some weird Mewtwo-esque experiment with N's Zekrom/Reshiram?
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
#Sideways# wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Those new forms look like they fused with that legendary ice dragon pokemon. Possible? I mean, Iv'e never known a legendary to evolve before, but to fuse together into a greater form? I can see that.


The reason they both look like Kyurem is because they both are Kyurem. Just different variations. Apparently it has something to do with receiving power from Reshiram and Zekrom but nothing's really been confirmed yet.


Notice in Black 2 it has Zekrom and in White 2 it has Reshiram. In Black, N has Zekrom/Reshiram and later escapes with it for lands unseen. Could what was left of Plasma or perhaps even Team Rocket done some weird Mewtwo-esque experiment with N's Zekrom/Reshiram?


That...didn't make a whole lot of sense.

For starters, yes, we noticed Kyurem has influences of the Reshiram and Zekrom. It's kind of hard to not notice, and we've even been over the fact that, in the movies at least, the change in Kyurem comes from receiving power from either one.

Second, no, N didn't escape with Reshiram or Zekrom. He let whichever one he caught go, then walked away. He's not even confirmed to return.

Third, Team Rocket is defunct, Giovanni even admits that the organization is over. Even so, they didn't make Mewtwo, though they paid for his creation, but only in the anime, which is very distinctly separate from the games.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Genesect is a 'weird Mewtwo-esque experiment' done by Team Plasma, though evidently done behind N's back (being a Pokemon lover he wanted the project cancelled). With N out of the picture, and potentially access to at least a shed feather or scale from whatever Legendary N would've had, certainly leaves the possibility of Black/White Kyurem being Plasma-influenced.

However, I think it's more likely that the Black/White forms are simply a natural ability of Kyurem. Perhaps something to do with Reshiram and Zekrom having been one and the same originally...

Shadowman wrote:Second, no, N didn't escape with Reshiram or Zekrom. He let whichever one he caught go, then walked away. He's not even confirmed to return.

Image
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2293
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Noideaforaname wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Second, no, N didn't escape with Reshiram or Zekrom. He let whichever one he caught go, then walked away. He's not even confirmed to return.

Image


Oh, well that blurry Rorschach test totally confirms it...

...What is it trying to confirm, by the way? I can't actually tell what it's trying to show me. Kind of looks like Kyurem.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby #Sideways# » Fri May 25, 2012 8:37 am

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Shadowman wrote:That...didn't make a whole lot of sense.


I am notorious.

Shadowman wrote:For starters, yes, we noticed Kyurem has influences of the Reshiram and Zekrom. It's kind of hard to not notice, and we've even been over the fact that, in the movies at least, the change in Kyurem comes from receiving power from either one.


Kinda hard to base on. For one, as you said below, in the Movie, Team Rocket funded the creation of Mewtwo. You can also catch nearly any Pokemon in a single Pokeball, which bugs me to no end. Latias and Latios can shapeshift into humans.

Shadowman wrote:Third, Team Rocket is defunct, Giovanni even admits that the organization is over. Even so, they didn't make Mewtwo, though they paid for his creation, but only in the anime, which is very distinctly separate from the games.


Yeah. I just threw that idea out there before I noticed the Plasma logo on the Plasma Grunts.

Shadowman wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Second, no, N didn't escape with Reshiram or Zekrom. He let whichever one he caught go, then walked away. He's not even confirmed to return.

Image


Oh, well that blurry Rorschach test totally confirms it...

...What is it trying to confirm, by the way? I can't actually tell what it's trying to show me. Kind of looks like Kyurem.


I THINK NOT

That is Reshiram.
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Postby Shadowman » Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
#Sideways# wrote:Kinda hard to base on. For one, as you said below, in the Movie, Team Rocket funded the creation of Mewtwo. You can also catch nearly any Pokemon in a single Pokeball, which bugs me to no end. Latias and Latios can shapeshift into humans.


I know. That's how it happens in the anime. We don't know how it happens in the games, but the way you suggested replies on events that only happened in the anime.

#Sideways# wrote:I THINK NOT

That is Reshiram.


Ah, so it would seem. Still impossible to tell who it is riding him. Can't be N, he let his legendary go.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm

- N bonds with Pokemon; "catches" Legendary and bonds with it
- you battle with N, then Ghetis; authorities come in and arrest Ghetis; N and you are left alone
- N talks with you, and releases Legendary from it's Pokeball; Legendary just sits in midair
- N bids you adieu, then credits flash suddenly pop up
- after credits, Legendary flies by with somebody riding it; N is said to be in a distant land with a Dragon Pokemon

I'm really not sure how else you could interpret that as anyone but N riding whatever Legendary it is zooming by at the end.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2293
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri May 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Noideaforaname wrote:- N bonds with Pokemon; "catches" Legendary and bonds with it
- you battle with N, then Ghetis; authorities come in and arrest Ghetis; N and you are left alone
- N talks with you, and releases Legendary from it's Pokeball; Legendary just sits in midair
- N bids you adieu, then credits flash suddenly pop up
- after credits, Legendary flies by with somebody riding it; N is said to be in a distant land with a Dragon Pokemon

I'm really not sure how else you could interpret that as anyone but N riding whatever Legendary it is zooming by at the end.


Because Reishiram returns to Dragonspiral Tower where you can catch him...

That said I was mostly basing this off of a bit of a wiki article I read...that seems to have changed since then...

That said, the fact that he got away doesn't mean he's going to be in this. I don't see any confirmation of Giovanni, Archie, Maxie or Cyrus coming back...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby #Sideways# » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Shadowman wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:- N bonds with Pokemon; "catches" Legendary and bonds with it
- you battle with N, then Ghetis; authorities come in and arrest Ghetis; N and you are left alone
- N talks with you, and releases Legendary from it's Pokeball; Legendary just sits in midair
- N bids you adieu, then credits flash suddenly pop up
- after credits, Legendary flies by with somebody riding it; N is said to be in a distant land with a Dragon Pokemon

I'm really not sure how else you could interpret that as anyone but N riding whatever Legendary it is zooming by at the end.


Because Reishiram returns to Dragonspiral Tower where you can catch him...

That said I was mostly basing this off of a bit of a wiki article I read...that seems to have changed since then...

That said, the fact that he got away doesn't mean he's going to be in this. I don't see any confirmation of Giovanni, Archie, Maxie or Cyrus coming back...


Perhaps a new enemy? Although the start of the trailer does make an interesting case:



If you pause it at about 20 seconds, we see the shadow of Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom flying overhead.

Good news, though! It looks like the ninjas are back!

With superhuman jumping and reflexes only capable by Spartans!

Even then...
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Blurrz » Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
5 staring my HG Trainer Card is stupid.

I can't get far in the Battle Tower without getting Kingler Guillotine swept roflstomped before I can get even close to 100 wins in a row.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11577
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby #Sideways# » Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Motto: "If the ends justify the means, then life is just about as meaningless to you than the cause you think so highly of."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Blurrz wrote:5 staring my HG Trainer Card is stupid.

I can't get far in the Battle Tower without getting Kingler Guillotine swept roflstomped before I can get even close to 100 wins in a row.


Image
Image

"I don't stink, but I am silent but deadly!" ~One of the many reasons I like Sideways.
User avatar
#Sideways#
Brainmaster
Posts: 1423
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Planet X
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
So my friends aand I always come up with some funny nicknames for our pokemon and I was just curious on the reason behind you nicknamed your pokemon what it is.

For instance: Some of Mine include
-Grimlock(Krookodile):Inner Transformers fan came out plus he can learn Earthquake and Outrage and that screams Grimlock.

-Soundwave(Seismetoad):He kinda reminded of DOTM soundwave.

-Darwin(Dragonite):Caught a Dratini at level 50 something by the Dragon Tower and I used 2 rare candies to evolve him. Kinda a joke on Darwin's theory of how evolution takes centuries to develop and I did it in 2 minutes.
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
User avatar
MasterSoundBlaster
Headmaster
Posts: 1191
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Let's just say I can see Russia from my house
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Blurrz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Elesa is no longer blonde.

/jump ship

Image
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11577
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Megatron000 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Has anyone checked out the new Pokemon Conquest game? Thoughts? I'm debating whether I should pick it up...
Image
User avatar
Megatron000
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Blurrz wrote:Elesa is no longer blonde.

/jump ship


Eh, she's fine as a brunette. Cynthia no longer being blonde, now that would be a tragedy.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Shadowman wrote:That said, the fact that he got away doesn't mean he's going to be in this. I don't see any confirmation of Giovanni, Archie, Maxie or Cyrus coming back...


So...wow, retrospect is a ****, huh? I mean, yes, N is in Black 2 and White 2. Then they had to go and do that whole World Tournament thing, so Giovanni really is back. I think Game Freak is reading my posts and using the games to troll me...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28848
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Praxus Prime » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Pre-ordered White 2 today. I got a free Keldeo poster, too!
Image
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 pm

I was planning to get Black 2 to contrast my White 1, but I want my shiny Dragonite so I guess I'm getting White 2...
User avatar
Diem
Gestalt
Posts: 2964
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Praxus Prime » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Picked up my copy of W2 today. I'm a little sad to learn that I won't be able to get a Spinarak or a Magmar. If anyone wants to trade, let me know. Also, Genesect is available for download, just in case anyone was unaware.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:50 pm

What happened to this thread? We have an entire new Generation out now and not a single post...

Anyone else interested in exchanging Friend Codes for more Safaris? My FC is 0302-0299-7659; be sure to tell me if you add it, as it won't work without us both inputting each other's codes.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2293
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Henry921 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:49 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Noideaforaname wrote:What happened to this thread? We have an entire new Generation out now and not a single post...


If I had to guess, it's one of a few factors:

1. A lot of people skipped buying a 3DS/are waiting for a later time to buy 3DS
2. People were burned out by Black 2/White 2 and weren't quite ready for a new gen
3. People heard about how ludicrously easy EV training is and got out of the game
4. Unappealing starter Pokemon (AND HOW!)
5.Holy crap Pokemon Origin was DOPE. Old gen forever.


Aside from Pokemon and a few other first party Nintendo games I don't really see any reason to own a 3DS so I haven't jumped onto this gen. I like a lot of the new creatures and would be willing to play through another single player campaign, but I'm in no rush to move on to the 6th gen.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum