Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby alldarker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Well, one thing I've noticed is that the boards are a livelier place again compared to two months ago. And yeah, perhaps Jack Hallows really IS the new(est) Autobot Saviour; definitely making a big impression as far as his posts are concerned!

Absolute Zero wrote:
See, I would have pegged Jack Hallows, cause he's at least got personality and can be pretty funny.

Maybe we're looking at this savior thing wrong... maybe it's like being a Prime, and there can be more Primes in this game then there is a Decepticon Army.

Or, maybe there should be a Church of AZ thread, with testimonals and stuff like that.

Or maybe, just maybe, this is kinda good for the board, since people are actually posting. And isn't that the point of the Autobot Savior? Getting people to post, and show that the Autobots aren't all humorless dicks and know how to have fun and make jokes stuff?

Or, am I wrong, and it's all about your XP and how well you do?

Either way, it probably would have ended a long time ago if AD didn't want to steal my gimmick. Seriously dude. Couldn't you get your own? Couldn't you be like, the Autobot Heartthrob, or the Autobot Revenge machine? Or even the Autobot Wheelie? Don't be the Autobot Thomas Edison, be the Autobot Nicolai Tesla.

Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
User avatar
alldarker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1417
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Headquarters
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:15 pm

steve2275 will always be my savior.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Burn wrote:steve2275 will always be my savior.


He was the only Autobot I was ever afraid of. :lol:
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Phaze » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Burn wrote:steve2275 will always be my savior.

Da

what happened to him he just upped and pulled a vanishing act
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Absolute Zero wrote:
Burn wrote:steve2275 will always be my savior.


He was the only Autobot I was ever afraid of. :lol:


... explains why your bots are so bad then.

Phaze wrote:what happened to him he just upped and pulled a vanishing act


He pops in now and then, but I think the reset pissed him off so he doesn't play like he use to.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby alldarker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Steve2275 - "God of Transformers"
10's on ALL stats with XP to spare... You bet he was pissed off when the crash happened, more than most. Definitely someone to look up to.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
User avatar
alldarker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1417
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Headquarters
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Name_Violation » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:41 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
alldarker wrote:Steve2275 - "God of Transformers"
10's on ALL stats with XP to spare... You bet he was pissed off when the crash happened, more than most. Definitely someone to look up to.

I actually respect that ya know.......

The past sounds so awesome, I wish I could have been part of it.
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9439
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:43 am

Weapon: Viper Pistol
alldarker wrote:Steve2275 - "God of Transformers"
10's on ALL stats with XP to spare... You bet he was pissed off when the crash happened, more than most. Definitely someone to look up to.

He wasn't the only one. Sprokitz and Snapcase did too.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby alldarker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:48 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Steve2275 - "God of Transformers"
10's on ALL stats with XP to spare... You bet he was pissed off when the crash happened, more than most. Definitely someone to look up to.

He wasn't the only one. Sprokitz and Snapcase did too.

That's true... I'll admit to being small-fry back then, but it was always fun to be in a mission with those guys, not just getting your own hits, but just seeing them rack up the XP counts. With a repairer in the mix, these guys were sometimes racking in 250,000+ XP per mission, if I remember correctly. Anyone know what the record XP haul was back then?
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
User avatar
alldarker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1417
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Headquarters
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 am

ahem ... I maxed out as well ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:04 am

User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby alldarker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:15 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun

...And so... the search continues.
Looks like the getting of a Saviour will be more fun than the having of a Saviour.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
User avatar
alldarker
Brainmaster
Posts: 1417
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: Headquarters
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:33 am

nah, breaking them is even more fun. Image
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 am

Weapon: Viper Pistol
alldarker wrote:Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.


Now that I have enough time to make a more thoughtout post.

Savior does not equal leader. Or at least not defacto leader. If people follow a savior, it's because they agree with what that person says.

I don't take this stuff seriously (or at least I don't when I'm not depressed) but I will admit, I do get pissed when you do things like call out Zordon, claiming his bots are weak and need to level down and blahblahblah. And I didn't like when you pulled the "You can't post that here, that's not good enough" on the high scores thread.

All that said, I've gotta go see Calanderman in Arkham City. It's one of the days you need to talk to him.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Phaze » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.


Now that I have enough time to make a more thoughtout post.

Savior does not equal leader. Or at least not defacto leader. If people follow a savior, it's because they agree with what that person says.

I don't take this stuff seriously (or at least I don't when I'm not depressed) but I will admit, I do get pissed when you do things like call out Zordon, claiming his bots are weak and need to level down and blahblahblah. And I didn't like when you pulled the "You can't post that here, that's not good enough" on the high scores thread.

All that said, I've gotta go see Calanderman in Arkham City. It's one of the days you need to talk to him.

or you could just set the ps3 or xbox's date manually to the dates and get it out the way in under an hour :lol:
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.


Now that I have enough time to make a more thoughtout post.

Savior does not equal leader. Or at least not defacto leader. If people follow a savior, it's because they agree with what that person says.

I don't take this stuff seriously (or at least I don't when I'm not depressed) but I will admit, I do get pissed when you do things like call out Zordon, claiming his bots are weak and need to level down and blahblahblah. And I didn't like when you pulled the "You can't post that here, that's not good enough" on the high scores thread.

All that said, I've gotta go see Calanderman in Arkham City. It's one of the days you need to talk to him.

or you could just set the ps3 or xbox's date manually to the dates and get it out the way in under an hour :lol:


Yeah, I know you can do that, but since I beat the game now, I need a reason to hang onto it. Aside from running around in the Beyond outfit.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Phaze » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Absolute Zero wrote:
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.


Now that I have enough time to make a more thoughtout post.

Savior does not equal leader. Or at least not defacto leader. If people follow a savior, it's because they agree with what that person says.

I don't take this stuff seriously (or at least I don't when I'm not depressed) but I will admit, I do get pissed when you do things like call out Zordon, claiming his bots are weak and need to level down and blahblahblah. And I didn't like when you pulled the "You can't post that here, that's not good enough" on the high scores thread.

All that said, I've gotta go see Calanderman in Arkham City. It's one of the days you need to talk to him.

or you could just set the ps3 or xbox's date manually to the dates and get it out the way in under an hour :lol:


Yeah, I know you can do that, but since I beat the game now, I need a reason to hang onto it. Aside from running around in the Beyond outfit.

you finished game plus?
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby _Anshin_ » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Wait. How do you change outfits?
_Anshin_
Brainmaster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Phaze » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Motto: ""All's Fair in Life and Death""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
_Anshin_ wrote:Wait. How do you change outfits?

finish the game or play the challenge rooms
Image
User avatar
Phaze
Gestalt
Posts: 2697
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:19 am
Location: Isle of Wight, Uk
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Wrath » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Motto: "Through the Fires of Conquest and the Ashes of our Enemies We shall Rise up and Rule. Decepticons Forever!!!"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Energy Pulse Cannon
alldarker wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Steve2275 - "God of Transformers"
10's on ALL stats with XP to spare... You bet he was pissed off when the crash happened, more than most. Definitely someone to look up to.

He wasn't the only one. Sprokitz and Snapcase did too.

That's true... I'll admit to being small-fry back then, but it was always fun to be in a mission with those guys, not just getting your own hits, but just seeing them rack up the XP counts. With a repairer in the mix, these guys were sometimes racking in 250,000+ XP per mission, if I remember correctly. Anyone know what the record XP haul was back then?


I don't know what the record is for highest haul in a mission, but here is the highest I have recorded.

Image

As well as my own best score

Image
Wrath
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: NS CANADA
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 pm

bahahahaha Nurse Erica ... oh man that was a fun one. All those terrible "I wish Nurse Erica would touch up my paint job" jokes ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38585
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
Phaze wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
alldarker wrote:Nah, at the end of the day it's not about XP or gains or winning some pissing match. I'm having fun with this, hoping not to get TOO serious, but I like a scrap. You know, I can be all things to all men (and especially to all women). It was always about contesting your claim that YOU were THE Autobot Saviour: I wasn't even after the title until it got turned into a poll... I just don't like being led; call it spirit or stubbornness or even pigheadedness... And like you I don't mind biting the troll-bait if necessary.


Now that I have enough time to make a more thoughtout post.

Savior does not equal leader. Or at least not defacto leader. If people follow a savior, it's because they agree with what that person says.

I don't take this stuff seriously (or at least I don't when I'm not depressed) but I will admit, I do get pissed when you do things like call out Zordon, claiming his bots are weak and need to level down and blahblahblah. And I didn't like when you pulled the "You can't post that here, that's not good enough" on the high scores thread.

All that said, I've gotta go see Calanderman in Arkham City. It's one of the days you need to talk to him.

or you could just set the ps3 or xbox's date manually to the dates and get it out the way in under an hour :lol:


Yeah, I know you can do that, but since I beat the game now, I need a reason to hang onto it. Aside from running around in the Beyond outfit.

you finished game plus?


No, but considering how rarely I run through a game a second time, I probably wont unless I have it for a long time. Besides, Battlefield 3 is out, COD:MW3 is coming out, so is Assassins Creed, UC3, and a whole bunch of other games.
_Anshin_ wrote:Wait. How do you change outfits?


Once you finish the main story, you can swap outfits, and play new game +, and challenge stuff. And when you keep going after the main story, you can swap between Batman and Catwoman.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:23 am

Weapon: Viper Pistol
_Anshin_ wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:You must not pay attention at all to this game. *shakes head* I might have to take a month off if Anshin wins our race.

Ok, this isn't exactly rocket science, but follow me here. If you have more XP, you gain more XP. It's pretty simple. More XP means more upgrades/more condensed upgrades, means better performance. It's effectively why a strong configuration will typically beat out a fast configuration. It's the way the game has always worked. That and the RNG will from time to time alternate between dumping on you, and making you a hero. If you haven't figured this part out by now, then you probably never will.


So if I understand your logic, Fast builds = More XP but Solid builds = Faster More XP?
See, I hate to say it... but I am honestly confused with your logic on this. Normally I keep up with what you are both (AD and AZ) are saying, but this seems to be circular logic with me. Darq and Gauntlet (our little race) have a huge difference in XP. However we have relatively the same amount of upgrades (One two points from 8 for me and one to put you into 8 ). That said and done Gauntlet just passed Anshin who was level 6 up till Friday morning when I accidentally clicked on an upgrade thinking it was the calculator. Last I checked he was 200k ahead of Anshin who would have been 9 upgrades behind him in a condensed upgrade (solid build). So when we started our little game on Monday with your logic Anshin should have always out paced Gauntlet due to more XP except that Gauntlet is a level higher so he should have gotten more XP which negates the more XP that Anshin had and now negates the XP that Darq generates because you are a higher amount of upgrades than Darq? :HEADHURTS:

Either way I say we take this to the AZ/AD thread and leave this for the Mini Games comments.



Level running can generate good XP for an individual bot, not always for the whole team. It can take time for the builds to hit their stride. To be honest, once I level Gauntlet up to 8, he's going to be under performing again, even though he should still be making the same XP. I have also been skipping school and playing more (7:30 AM til midnight/1AM), and got real lucky with the RNG for a bit. Also, I run medics, which gives me access to more XP over all than people not running them. If that doesn't explain how Gauntlet has been moving up in rank and passing people, I don't know what will. But, no, I simply used your argument to me before, about how not running, means you survive more. Which is true. At best, I have about a 60-70% survival rate for my team. Now, I know from past experience that if I were to level down, and make a power build, I could get that number higher, and get more missions where I come out untouched, meaning I can immediately redeploy and earn more XP on bots. You were absolutely right on that part. When I first started playing this game, pre-reset, well, hurricane related reset (I've twice had my entire team wiped from reset) you had to have 100k to level up to level 1. You couldn't spend that much at 0, but that meant you could have 4 upgrades in one stat and sat on the rest to help when you did level up. It doesn't sound like much, except you're fighting guys with no upgrades, that 4 makes a difference. 250k til level 2 also. That's pretty much how ROS played the game. That and 24 hours. Think about it, who was he feeding off of above his level, when there wasn't any? If you have more XP, you are always going to make more, whether you run or sit. If you sit, you'll pull more and more of the potential XP out of a mission, which makes it harder for others to make XP and blahblahblah, already made that argument several times. Here's another way to think about it, if your power builds, which are typically 1-2 levels below what a runner would make with the same XP, weren't expected to be able to pull more XP than anyone at their level, or a runner, why would they be sitting below where they could be earning more per hit? That's pretty much been the argument right?

tl;dr version - more xp means you can choke out everyone else in a mission and earn more XP from it, if you're not running. If you're running, you have to work harder for your XP. Being a medic generates a lot more XP than not being a medic. More overall XP means you expect to earn more. Also, growth % tends to be weighted to the lower levels.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby _Anshin_ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Sorry would have responded sooner but server melted down and I can't type worth crap from my phone.

First thanks for responding to me here and being diplomatic about it. For some reason I think you took what I wrote to you as a jab (or maybe I read your response wrong). It wasn't. I see both sides of the argument, even though I've got my foot firmly planted on one side.

With that being said, ROS feeds off of N_V, and for the most part from what I have read has always done so (Even level partners and such). Sure he bottleknecks up certain areas and even comes through because of his higher level dominance.

Your argument is that you are moving up levels to get the chance to pull more XP off of higher level targets. AD's argument (at least I think it is) is that your able to pull more xp off of your proper level targets. Moving to higher levels with "Fast" builds typically ends up with more wipes and random high hits. So long story short, you take the look of "Gotta play big to win big" and his is "Slow and steady wins the race". Both are valid play styles. However, this is where your argument lost me in the other thread. You claim he is able to pull more XP just because he has more XP and has been able to build strong characters. That I will agree with. However you are also saying that in the same statement that you are able to pull more XP with faster builds even though you have less XP and that you would be able to do more if you had his XP.

My point was to make was that Darq who is 1 point behind your speed build is the same level as Gauntlet. Darq has double of Gauntlet's XP but doesn't choke out the missions that he shares with Gauntlet. In fact most times we are trading spots in terms of who earns more XP. This has nothing to do with tactics as Gauntlet for the past day has done less than 1 repair per match. Gauntlet does however Ram at least 1-2x a match. His damage taken is roughly 57% and has been shut down (Stasis locked) at least 7 times in recording time since Friday when I started watching him to see how we would do this weekend. This is just shy behind Darq whose average damage taken is 31% and has been shut down 4 times. However our XP growth difference is roughly the same, where I have had a chance to play more because I work in a server farm where I can sit behind my monitor or in a meeting with a phone in my lap and play. Anshin however is now at level 7 (again my screw up, and I have to wait for my form to cycle through) but only 100k behind you now where we have the same points.

I do agree with you that people that play more make more XP, however I still disagree with your logic.

Also growth % does not have as much to do with lower levels as much as it does have to do with XP earned from prior weeks. For example this week's XP growth is true. If we look at last weeks it would have only been for 5 days and appeared to be much lower than the week's before at 9. With that said I actually had a higher XP growth of 7.19% for the week before of 5 days than I did with the 7 day week. That is primarily because I was gone for three days and therefore generated less XP. I was however on par with XP generation with Zordon who has primarily builds of Repairers.

tl;dr: I didn't understand what you said. I understand now. I see where you are coming from but you still have flaws in your logic.
_Anshin_
Brainmaster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The real Autobot Savior Argument Thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
This is long, gonna break it up so I can try to stay on target.

_Anshin_ wrote:Sorry would have responded sooner but server melted down and I can't type worth crap from my phone.


No worries, I get the problem.

First thanks for responding to me here and being diplomatic about it. For some reason I think you took what I wrote to you as a jab (or maybe I read your response wrong). It wasn't. I see both sides of the argument, even though I've got my foot firmly planted on one side.


Also, no worries. I probably should have moved it over instead of responding to AD in the first place. I don't think I took it as a jab, I tend to get frustrated with myself though, and sometimes that colours how I phrase things.

With that being said, ROS feeds off of N_V, and for the most part from what I have read has always done so (Even level partners and such). Sure he bottleknecks up certain areas and even comes through because of his higher level dominance.


ROS didn't always have N_V to feed off specifically. He used to be an arena person, and didn't start coming to missions until he was pretty far ahead of most people. Once N_V started pulling ahead of the pack, thats when they started feeding each other, if memory serves, but by that point, ROS was already tops. And trust me, in the arena, those power builds will dominate and crush opposition. Pre-hurrican, I ran through a bunch of arena matches with a guy without taking any damage. When you can redeploy every 20 minutes, you can rake in XP. Missions tend to offer higher pay outs, but take longer.Losing focus... next topic.

Your argument is that you are moving up levels to get the chance to pull more XP off of higher level targets. AD's argument (at least I think it is) is that your able to pull more xp off of your proper level targets. Moving to higher levels with "Fast" builds typically ends up with more wipes and random high hits. So long story short, you take the look of "Gotta play big to win big" and his is "Slow and steady wins the race". Both are valid play styles. However, this is where your argument lost me in the other thread. You claim he is able to pull more XP just because he has more XP and has been able to build strong characters. That I will agree with. However you are also saying that in the same statement that you are able to pull more XP with faster builds even though you have less XP and that you would be able to do more if you had his XP.


I can pull good XP with my fast builds, because everyone is a target. If I was running strafe/ram or ram/avoid or strafe/avoid, my XP would be way way down. But because I use repair, I can pretty much double my potential XP while I level run and free up my spots in the lower levels for other people, however, I've been playing this game for long enough that I would be a fool to not know that if you have more XP, you're going to gain more XP. Someone with double the XP, should be gaining double the XP of me, assuming simular play habits. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a hard time of catching you or AD in the overall rank. It's illustrated on my team. Karma, Desert Wind, and Stickshift are all playing significantly less right now (less than half the deployments), while I run my top 3 and bottom 3 available every deployment, but their gain has been the same as those behind them. They have more XP, thus a better build, they gain more than those behind them, or would gain more, if they were being deployed as much.

My point was to make was that Darq who is 1 point behind your speed build is the same level as Gauntlet. Darq has double of Gauntlet's XP but doesn't choke out the missions that he shares with Gauntlet. In fact most times we are trading spots in terms of who earns more XP. This has nothing to do with tactics as Gauntlet for the past day has done less than 1 repair per match. Gauntlet does however Ram at least 1-2x a match. His damage taken is roughly 57% and has been shut down (Stasis locked) at least 7 times in recording time since Friday when I started watching him to see how we would do this weekend. This is just shy behind Darq whose average damage taken is 31% and has been shut down 4 times. However our XP growth difference is roughly the same, where I have had a chance to play more because I work in a server farm where I can sit behind my monitor or in a meeting with a phone in my lap and play. Anshin however is now at level 7 (again my screw up, and I have to wait for my form to cycle through) but only 100k behind you now where we have the same points.


Responding out of order for this... You could just hunt his alt to get it back instead of waiting. Once we get to the higher levels, and we don't have as many opponents, it's not as likely that a strong build will choke out people. I like to think that it's mostly due to the builds becoming more level. Most of the choking occurs sub6 level. I've been tracking Gauntlet since before the race, so if you're curious, as of right now, he's averaging 17k a mission (he's dropped off a lot since wednesday) while surviving an average of 60% of all deployments, with about a 1:1 kill/death ratio over 90 deployments.

I do agree with you that people that play more make more XP, however I still disagree with your logic.


That's fine. I might disagree with it too later. :lol: I'm not to proud to admit that I'm wrong.

Also growth % does not have as much to do with lower levels as much as it does have to do with XP earned from prior weeks. For example this week's XP growth is true. If we look at last weeks it would have only been for 5 days and appeared to be much lower than the week's before at 9. With that said I actually had a higher XP growth of 7.19% for the week before of 5 days than I did with the 7 day week. That is primarily because I was gone for three days and therefore generated less XP. I was however on par with XP generation with Zordon who has primarily builds of Repairers.


This part I will disagree with you on. Typically, the % of increase (not how much you gain, but how that rates against your total) has always typically been higher for the lower levels, simply because they need less to get a great gain. If your team has 100k XP, and you manage to pull 10k from a couple of 1-11 missions, congrats, you've earned 10% of your XP for the week. If you have 100m XP, earning 10m is not quite as simple. That's why I had a higher rank in % gained than actual XP gained. I have less, so I need less for the % to be higher.

tl;dr: I didn't understand what you said. I understand now. I see where you are coming from but you still have flaws in your logic.


I would like to think I have more flaws in how I convey information than my logic.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Next

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014