Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

The Zelda games are Linked?!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby Autobobby1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I think Nintendo should release an official history of the Legend of Zelda book. I know I would buy it.


While that is a good idea at first, you have to realize that the whole thing would have to be rewritten every time a new game came out.


Yeah, you never know where in the timeline a new game will end up and what it will affect. Just look at OoT. Before that, we all thought that Hyrule was a generic medieval kingdom (dragons, imps, elves, monsters, princesses, treasure, magic, the usual), but now we know that it was created by three goddesses.

It would be best to make a book after the series is officially over, in maybe another 20 years or so. :P
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
User avatar
Autobobby1
City Commander
Posts: 3253
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Hotrod » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I think Nintendo should release an official history of the Legend of Zelda book. I know I would buy it.


While that is a good idea at first, you have to realize that the whole thing would have to be rewritten every time a new game came out.


Good point.
Hotrod
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8944
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Autobobby1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I think Nintendo should release an official history of the Legend of Zelda book. I know I would buy it.


While that is a good idea at first, you have to realize that the whole thing would have to be rewritten every time a new game came out.


Yeah, you never know where in the timeline a new game will end up and what it will affect. Just look at OoT. Before that, we all thought that Hyrule was a generic medieval kingdom (dragons, imps, elves, monsters, princesses, treasure, magic, the usual), but now we know that it was created by three goddesses.

It would be best to make a book after the series is officially over, in maybe another 20 years or so. :P
If I were to guess, I'd say that Nintendo possibly dosen't want these games to be connected by a distinct timeline. From a creative POV, this makes sense, because then if you want to try something new or look at the series from a different angle, as Miyamoto(sp?) tends to do, fans would be going nuts about how certain parts of the backstory don't mesh up well when put in with the continuities of the other games.
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Autobobby1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:
Autobobby1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I think Nintendo should release an official history of the Legend of Zelda book. I know I would buy it.


While that is a good idea at first, you have to realize that the whole thing would have to be rewritten every time a new game came out.


Yeah, you never know where in the timeline a new game will end up and what it will affect. Just look at OoT. Before that, we all thought that Hyrule was a generic medieval kingdom (dragons, imps, elves, monsters, princesses, treasure, magic, the usual), but now we know that it was created by three goddesses.

It would be best to make a book after the series is officially over, in maybe another 20 years or so. :P
If I were to guess, I'd say that Nintendo possibly dosen't want these games to be connected by a distinct timeline. From a creative POV, this makes sense, because then if you want to try something new or look at the series from a different angle, as Miyamoto(sp?) tends to do, fans would be going nuts about how certain parts of the backstory don't mesh up well when put in with the continuities of the other games.


You're backing up your opposition. That's exactly our point. New games would screw with an official history because they are out of order.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
User avatar
Autobobby1
City Commander
Posts: 3253
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:44 pm

Autobobby1 wrote:
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:
Autobobby1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I think Nintendo should release an official history of the Legend of Zelda book. I know I would buy it.


While that is a good idea at first, you have to realize that the whole thing would have to be rewritten every time a new game came out.


Yeah, you never know where in the timeline a new game will end up and what it will affect. Just look at OoT. Before that, we all thought that Hyrule was a generic medieval kingdom (dragons, imps, elves, monsters, princesses, treasure, magic, the usual), but now we know that it was created by three goddesses.

It would be best to make a book after the series is officially over, in maybe another 20 years or so. :P
If I were to guess, I'd say that Nintendo possibly dosen't want these games to be connected by a distinct timeline. From a creative POV, this makes sense, because then if you want to try something new or look at the series from a different angle, as Miyamoto(sp?) tends to do, fans would be going nuts about how certain parts of the backstory don't mesh up well when put in with the continuities of the other games.


You're backing up your opposition. That's exactly our point. New games would screw with an official history because they are out of order.
Didn't know I was opposing anything....but okay, if you say so....
Image
Nemesis Cyberplex
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Postby Shadowman » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Autobobby1 wrote:You're backing up your opposition. That's exactly our point. New games would screw with an official history because they are out of order.


That's called "Agreeing."

He wasn't opposing us in the first place.

Don't think that everyone is against you.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28987
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby DISCHARGE » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
So where does Zelda's Adventure, Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil belong in the timeline? I have never played these since they were made for the Philips CD-I. Or are they just a different Zelda world all together?
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2827
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Postby Shadowman » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
DISCHARGE wrote:So where does Zelda's Adventure, Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil belong in the timeline? I have never played these since they were made for the Philips CD-I. Or are they just a different Zelda world all together?


They're non-canon. And to be fair, we should just forget they exist.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28987
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
They were not made by Nintendo, so they're just abominations of the name "Zelda."
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
User avatar
Autobobby1
City Commander
Posts: 3253
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014