Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
PrymeStriker wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:The existing mold, other than the shoulders shown in that artwork, looks an awful lot like the toy I have sitting in my collection.


Other than the head and added shoulder pieces, he looks a lot like Optimus to me. Hmm? :-?


Indeed it does.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8708
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Delta Magnus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Motto: "Do a barrel roll!"
Weapon: Railgun
Prime Soundwave comes packaged in vehicle mode, with Laserbeak plugged on top of him. In robot mode he plugs into Soundwave's chest. However I then realized that there is nothing stopping you from leaving Laserbeak in the chest in vehicle mode, freeing up the port on his back, allowing him to have a 5mm post weapon in vehicle mode, and somewhere to store that weapon in robot mode!

Also, it took me a while to transform his legs properly.

Oh, and does anyone else think that he looks scarily similar to an Evangelion unit? He even has the shoulder pylons.

...Slag. The Neon Genesis Evangelion and Transformers universes have collided. We're screwed.
What my tombstone will read: "Transformed and rolled out."
User avatar
Delta Magnus
Vehicon
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Rushie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Indeed, he is very similar to an EVA unit, as is Prime Starscream. Which provides particularily blood-curdling material for your personal canon. In my collection, WFC Soundwave is the guy himself and Prime SW is a really creepy take on Senator Ratbat, with some MP EVA unit thrown in for good measure.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby _shaddow_ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Just wanted to show what I just discovered while playing with my ROTF Breakdown : His hands have 3mm clip system ports on them !

Image
Image
Image


Now, if someone has a suggestion for an good weapon to use with his hands, please tell me. For those who don't know, you can also bring his chest/arms assembly forward, but it makes the robot mode look weird, so I usually don't do it.
_shaddow_
Micromaster
Posts: 53
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Optimum Supreme » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Motto: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
FOC Grimlock can hold his sword in his stubby little T-Rex hands.

Now, due to the lack of articulation in them and how they're molded, it's not very practical, and it's hard to get a decent pose, but come on, it's a robot dinosaur wielding a sword. How cool is that?
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby RAcast » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Optimum Supreme wrote:FOC Grimlock can hold his sword in his stubby little T-Rex hands.

Now, due to the lack of articulation in them and how they're molded, it's not very practical, and it's hard to get a decent pose, but come on, it's a robot dinosaur wielding a sword. How cool is that?

And I thought it couldn't get better! :grin:
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Aladar » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
I got an incomplete energon Rapid run last year off Craigslist and just yesterday discovered he has a head. :HEADHURTS: Same with his side-switch gimmick. :BOT: :CON:
Stand together!
http://aladrscustoms.webs.com/

Commission a custom today
Aladar
Fuzor
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nesting Grounds
Watch Aladar on YouTube
Buy from Aladar on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby dirk2243 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
Apparently my airachnid can shape shift :grin: ..... Cyberverse Smokescreen with Airachnids front insert
Attachments
screw up 2.JPG
screw up.JPG
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
User avatar
dirk2243
Headmaster
Posts: 1171
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Motto: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
FOC Starscream's "fins" can come off the top, and if it does, you can place his combined weapons there. There's even a hole on top of the combined weapon where you can put the fins.
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby KirbyForce1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Here's a list of things I never noticed about some Transformers when I first got them. These features were discovered many months after buying them, sometimes even years!

1.) Movie 07 Deluxe Barricade's foot spikes.
2.) Movie 07 Voyager Blackout's front landing gear.
3.) Animated Leader Megatron's front landing gear (Can't believe I had missed something so obvious).
4.) Cybertron Ultra Wingsaber's guns and swords can actually be pegged into the sides of his arms.
5.) Cybertron Supreme Starscream's blaster sound effect that's triggered by pressing a button on the top of one of the air vent things to the side of his head.
6.) ROTF Deluxe Arcee and Chromia's 'combiner' ports.
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirbyForce1
Deviantart: http://kirby-force.deviantart.com/

Image

(Image by DeviantART user x3demonomega.)
User avatar
KirbyForce1
Minibot
Posts: 191
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm
Watch KirbyForce1 on YouTube

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby RAcast » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Not anything big, but it's in the spirit of the last post.
Beast Hunters Smokescreen's brakes are molded in, it's definitely a nice touch.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
WFC BB's thighs have panels that you can fold out, adding detail.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Motto: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
It recently hit me, the deluxe BH Predacon designs are actually homages to the RID Predacons (albeit now they're all dragons of some sort).

Lazerback is Slapper.
Ripclaw is Gas Skunk (though the colors are obviously way off).
Skystalker is Dark Scream.

This actually makes me like the new guys a lot more, lol.
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby RAcast » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Optimum Supreme wrote:It recently hit me, the deluxe BH Predacon designs are actually homages to the RID Predacons (albeit now they're all dragons of some sort).

Lazerback is Slapper.
Ripclaw is Gas Skunk (though the colors are obviously way off).
Skystalker is Dark Scream.

This actually makes me like the new guys a lot more, lol.

Yeah I REALLY don't see it, you'll have to explain that one. :-? I'm not talking maybe-BH Bulkhead-is-a-snake maybe-kinda see it. I'm talking I just don't even know where you came up with that.

Lazerback and Skystalker have...vaugely similar color schemes I guess... But their personalities are all completely backwards, so I'm at a total loss.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Arctorro » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
RAcast wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:It recently hit me, the deluxe BH Predacon designs are actually homages to the RID Predacons (albeit now they're all dragons of some sort).

Lazerback is Slapper.
Ripclaw is Gas Skunk (though the colors are obviously way off).
Skystalker is Dark Scream.

This actually makes me like the new guys a lot more, lol.

Yeah I REALLY don't see it, you'll have to explain that one. :-? I'm not talking maybe-BH Bulkhead-is-a-snake maybe-kinda see it. I'm talking I just don't even know where you came up with that.

Lazerback and Skystalker have...vaugely similar color schemes I guess... But their personalities are all completely backwards, so I'm at a total loss.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that one either. Can you give us a bit more info as to how they resemble each other.
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
And even then, who would be Skybite? Dreadwing?
IMO the only homage is Predaking, as he homages Cybertron Scourge.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Mykltron » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
KirbyForce1 wrote:3.) Animated Leader Megatron's front landing gear (Can't believe I had missed something so obvious).


Isn't it just a pair of wheels on his gun? There's no concealed gear, is there?
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6074
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:17 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Mykltron wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:3.) Animated Leader Megatron's front landing gear (Can't believe I had missed something so obvious).


Isn't it just a pair of wheels on his gun? There's no concealed gear, is there?


This one's hard to notice, but the cockpit has front landing gear that can only be deployed when the gun is detached.
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14295
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby njb902 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

My niece was messing around with Dotm deluxe bumblebee and noticed he had c clips on his arms, I never noticed it on mine until she pointed it out.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Mindwipee and Lockdow an combine into "Mindlock"
(I take no credit)
I Currently have them combined, they look BEAST!
Attachments
1365381819779.jpg
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6065
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Mykltron » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:3.) Animated Leader Megatron's front landing gear (Can't believe I had missed something so obvious).


Isn't it just a pair of wheels on his gun? There's no concealed gear, is there?


This one's hard to notice, but the cockpit has front landing gear that can only be deployed when the gun is detached.


Yes, I went and found it. How weird, maybe it's left over from a previous design because it's really obvious there's a bit missing if you take away the gun, and his nose points down at a silly angle.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6074
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
I never thought I'd discover one of these since other people usually discover the secrets of most of the toys I want before I even get them, but I found one. Cyberverse Prowl's lightbar is removable, and has a short 3mm peg. This leaves a peghole on top of Prowl you can plug things into, and means you can pass the lightbar around to any of your other Cyberverse toys who want to play cop.
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2274
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Delta Magnus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Motto: "Do a barrel roll!"
Weapon: Railgun
BeastProwl wrote:Mindwipee and Lockdow an combine into "Mindlock"
(I take no credit)
I Currently have them combined, they look BEAST!


That looks awesome.

Speaking of unofficial combinations, there's Energon Abominus (who I just need another Cruellock and 2 more Divebombs to complete!)
What my tombstone will read: "Transformed and rolled out."
User avatar
Delta Magnus
Vehicon
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby RAcast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Nemesis Primal wrote:I never thought I'd discover one of these since other people usually discover the secrets of most of the toys I want before I even get them, but I found one. Cyberverse Prowl's lightbar is removable, and has a short 3mm peg. This leaves a peghole on top of Prowl you can plug things into, and means you can pass the lightbar around to any of your other Cyberverse toys who want to play cop.

I'm still surprised by how many people (including and especially REVIEWERS!) don't realize that. I found that out after a total of thirty seconds of having it in hand. :lol:
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Things your Transformers can do that you never realised

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
RAcast wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:I never thought I'd discover one of these since other people usually discover the secrets of most of the toys I want before I even get them, but I found one. Cyberverse Prowl's lightbar is removable, and has a short 3mm peg. This leaves a peghole on top of Prowl you can plug things into, and means you can pass the lightbar around to any of your other Cyberverse toys who want to play cop.

I'm still surprised by how many people (including and especially REVIEWERS!) don't realize that. I found that out after a total of thirty seconds of having it in hand. :lol:


In all fairness, I just got him today and also discovered that fairly quickly. Maybe not thirty seconds, but within a few seconds of getting him in vehicle mode.
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2274
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014