Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:22 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14142
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.



Ive done a little bit with a paint brush but Im no expert. I made a Cliffjumper from RTS Bee and Fracus/S**tpiece from translucent PCC versions. Ive also done a few touch ups on my Diaclone Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Clampdown kitbashes. Removing paint is pretty easy though. My Headrobots Stronghold came out perfect. Im hoping I learn some tricks, especially when it comes to removing pins. You going to Botcon this year ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I've mostly put together model kits from Bandai's ease of use to Revell's not-so-much-so. I lack the fine painting skills, but both my dad and brother paint miniatures and I do not mind slipping them some cash. I like that a set of tools is coming with these toys, and look forward one day getting my work table set back up so I can improve my skills.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.



Ive done a little bit with a paint brush but Im no expert. I made a Cliffjumper from RTS Bee and Fracus/S**tpiece from translucent PCC versions. Ive also done a few touch ups on my Diaclone Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Clampdown kitbashes. Removing paint is pretty easy though. My Headrobots Stronghold came out perfect. Im hoping I learn some tricks, especially when it comes to removing pins. You going to Botcon this year ?

Not this year I'm afraid. Too much other stuff that needs my money this time around.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14142
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Part of the shipment of the kits arrived yesterday. They're looking great!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby necr0blivion » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Neat, now it's just time to wait 5 months for release.

I really like this concept of teaming a known customizer with a a new mold from a 3rd Party company, it's just a great package for those of us wanting to take figure collecting to the next level. I've got plenty of fodder to start using once I pick up the first few steps.
necr0blivion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1476
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

It's too bad. It looks like they haven't remolded any of the parts for this. That really sucks considering who they're supposed to be. Oh well, at least the stupid drill things come off easily enough so I can have him displayed in bot mode without looking too off. Beast mode however isn't going to look right I'm sure.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Remolded parts were never offered or implied, only new custom heads. The drills/vents will not be part of the final product in the class, though if you really want to, you do have the option of making these into some kind of "Awakening" or alternate version of the Demolition Crue instead.

However, while there will be a third mode for them that's a bit more G1, these are also definitely meant to portray a Cybertronian version with their vehicle modes.
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sidecutter wrote:Remolded parts were never offered or implied, only new custom heads. The drills/vents will not be part of the final product in the class, though if you really want to, you do have the option of making these into some kind of "Awakening" or alternate version of the Demolition Crue instead.

However, while there will be a third mode for them that's a bit more G1, these are also definitely meant to portray a Cybertronian version with their vehicle modes.


Are we talking beast modes ? Are the "new heads" animal heads and not the robot heads everyones thinking ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6144
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 am

Sidecutter wrote:Remolded parts were never offered or implied, only new custom heads. The drills/vents will not be part of the final product in the class, though if you really want to, you do have the option of making these into some kind of "Awakening" or alternate version of the Demolition Crue instead.

However, while there will be a third mode for them that's a bit more G1, these are also definitely meant to portray a Cybertronian version with their vehicle modes.

Oh sure, I can understand that. I'm sure these will still look great/pretty G1 accurate in bot mode anyway so that works.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:01 am

Quick heads-up for anyone who missed out, we did have a few no-shows, so there are a couple non-attendee kits available now.
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Have these shipped yet?
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 395
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:25 am

datguy86 wrote:Have these shipped yet?

I just received mine today.

What's odd is that it comes with materials for an airbrush kit, such as oil and cleaning solution, but no actual airbrush. Was an airbrush to be included or were these items just included as accessories for those who would be painting with an airbrush gun?
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3005
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Next

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014