Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Top 5 best games for the PS2

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby sabrigami » Wed May 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
1.Okami
2. Kingdom Hearts
3.Atlier Iris 1
4. We <3 (Heart) Katamari
5. Shadow of the Colossus

I'm surprised no one mentioned Okami so far. It's the greatest game. Sad it's so underrated though :sad:
User avatar
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 557
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby GEEWUN » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Star Wars Battlefront... 'nuff said
Image
User avatar
GEEWUN
Pretender
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm
Location: classified
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Shadowman » Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
GEEWUN wrote:Star Wars Battlefront... 'nuff said


Correction, Battlefront 2. The additions more than make up for what they removed. (Bespin, for example)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29049
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Jazz Reborn » Sat May 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
sabrigami wrote:1.Okami
2. Kingdom Hearts
3.Atlier Iris 1
4. We <3 (Heart) Katamari
5. Shadow of the Colossus

I'm surprised no one mentioned Okami so far. It's the greatest game. Sad it's so underrated though :sad:


**** finally I saw Okami.
Goddammit, Clover Studios was awesome.

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Okami
3. Viewtiful Joe 2
4. the rest
User avatar
Jazz Reborn
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:29 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby B4ULoveShine » Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Motto: "Feel free to call me Tim."
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
1. grand theft auto series, as of III.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ax-MyEQWbQ[/youtube]

2. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

Soki has to be my favorite Onimusha protagonist, to the point I even main him in Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

3. The Warriors

Out of all the licensed video games I've heard and played, this has to be la creme de la creme of the PS2's generation. CAN YOU DIG IT?

4. Wild Arms 5
5. Twisted Metal: Black

I rounded out the Top 5 by naming Sony IP's that are overshadowed by God of War, Killzone, SOCOM, to name a few.
User avatar
B4ULoveShine
Targetmaster
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:00 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Praxus Prime » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Motto: "Guitars aren't just good for playing music; they can also be used to beat people's brains out!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
GEEWUN wrote:Star Wars Battlefront... 'nuff said


Correction, Battlefront 2. The additions more than make up for what they removed. (Bespin, for example)


I really missed the old levels like Bespin Platforms, Tatooine Dune Sea, and the two original Kashyyks. Anyone here have a high score on Battlefront 1 or 2? Just wondering. My personal best is 172 kills in Battlefront 1.
Image
User avatar
Praxus Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: East Ridge, TN
Watch Praxus Prime on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Grahf » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Motto: "The only cure for stupidity is death."
Grahf wrote:In no particular order:

1 - Persona 3 FES
2 - Persona 4
3 - Disgaea
4 - The Xenosaga Series
5 - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

And yes, I'm a rpg whore.


As an afterthought, I'd like to replace Xenosaga with Rez.
Image
Sometimes, just checking one more store isn't worth it

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
User avatar
Grahf
Headmaster
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The Dethklok home for wayward kitties
Buy from Grahf on eBay

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Dr. Richtofen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Motto: ""Man, I sure wish the Burger Tank was open."
"I could go for a BBQ bacon burger."
"And a large order of fries, and..."
"...an orange soda with no ice, and a..."
"...piece of hot apple pie.""
Weapon: Slingshot
I just beat Kingdom Hearts II for the second time on standard, and it reminded me why it is, in my opinion, the greatest game ever conceived.

-Incredible, deep story line
-Unforgettable charachters
-Smooth graphics
-great gameply
-One of the best soundtracks EVER

This game topped the original in every way, and i'm really Looking foward to Kingdom hearts 3D and Birth by sleep
Military: "Bridge, are you immune?"
Coach: "We are NOT infected."
Military: "Negative Bridge, are you IMMUNE? Have you encountered the Infected?"
Coach: "Encountered? Boy, I am covered in zombie blood and puke and eyeballs and twenty other parts I don't even recognize. We are immune as SH-T!"
Image
User avatar
Dr. Richtofen
Minibot
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm
Location: Wispering Oaks Amusement Park
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Coach wrote:I just beat Kingdom Hearts II for the second time on standard, and it reminded me why it is, in my opinion, the greatest game ever conceived.

-Incredible, deep story line
-Unforgettable charachters
-Smooth graphics
-great gameply
-One of the best soundtracks EVER

This game topped the original in every way, and i'm really Looking foward to Kingdom hearts 3D and Birth by sleep


I have that game, I used to play it all the time, but Im lost. Ive been lost on that game for years, trying to figure out what to do. I still havent found out yet.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
SlyTF1 wrote:
Coach wrote:I just beat Kingdom Hearts II for the second time on standard, and it reminded me why it is, in my opinion, the greatest game ever conceived.

-Incredible, deep story line
-Unforgettable charachters
-Smooth graphics
-great gameply
-One of the best soundtracks EVER

This game topped the original in every way, and i'm really Looking foward to Kingdom hearts 3D and Birth by sleep


I have that game, I used to play it all the time, but Im lost. Ive been lost on that game for years, trying to figure out what to do. I still havent found out yet.

Good ol Gamefaqs
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2399
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Coach wrote:I just beat Kingdom Hearts II for the second time on standard, and it reminded me why it is, in my opinion, the greatest game ever conceived.

-Incredible, deep story line
-Unforgettable charachters
-Smooth graphics
-great gameply
-One of the best soundtracks EVER

This game topped the original in every way, and i'm really Looking foward to Kingdom hearts 3D and Birth by sleep


I have that game, I used to play it all the time, but Im lost. Ive been lost on that game for years, trying to figure out what to do. I still havent found out yet.

Good ol Gamefaqs


I still dont know where I am. All I know is that I havent beaten the game and I what to dont know what to do.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Top 5 best games for the PS2

Postby Tresob » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 am

I'll probably be alienating myself from the forum, but I thought I'd go ahead and join the fray with my top five:

5. Katamari Damacy
4. Disgaea (1 or 2, take your pick)
3. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Okami

drumroll please...

1. Ico
User avatar
Tresob
Combiner
Posts: 469
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014